Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-12-18, 07:38 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I watched a thing on Youtube today with the highlights of the Browns/Colts 1968 NFL Championship game. The Browns lost 27-0 at Cleveland Municipal Stadium. At the end of the game, the goal posts were torn down by what looked like Browns fans. LOL.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-18, 09:24 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2018...training-camp/

Gordon will miss the start of training camp.

[speculation ] hmmm - Failed drug test?? -
Some things never change.

""We will continue to support Josh as he receives the care needed to maintain his progress," Dorsey said, via the Browns' official website. "We are going to respect his privacy while he is away from the team. Josh will be placed on the non-football illness reserve list until he is ready to return."

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero there is no timetable on Gordon's status.

"We'll address the matter at the appropriate time," McCarthy told Pelissero." - NFL.com

Last edited by Termite2; 07-23-18 at 10:13 AM..
Old 07-23-18, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I get that Gordon is talented, but they should have moved on from this guy a very long time ago. What a tool.
Old 07-23-18, 11:27 AM
All District

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
Not a failed test (at least not being reported as one...yet). It all sounds very strange, as the league is "involved" and even speculation that they may have asked him to "go slow" for now (perhaps to help reduce stress and avoid a possible relapse). He is not suspended and is expected back at camp, at some point. Again, the entire situation is just strange.
Old 07-23-18, 11:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm.1019 View Post
Not a failed test (at least not being reported as one...yet). It all sounds very strange, as the league is "involved" and even speculation that they may have asked him to "go slow" for now (perhaps to help reduce stress and avoid a possible relapse). He is not suspended and is expected back at camp, at some point. Again, the entire situation is just strange.

speculating:
Connect the dots
The Browns and the League are involved- why?
The league issues a statement "there is no timetable on Gordon's status"
What status? that generally refers to NFL discipline

Failing a drug test includes missing a NFL drug test
Old 07-23-18, 11:35 AM
All District

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
I certainly assumed failed drug test as well when I first read the story. Only going by what I heard from reporter Tony Grossi during a radio segment (and he had just finished talking with a member of the NFL offices). Regardless, it doesn't feel right.
Old 07-23-18, 12:33 PM
All Yappi

In September 2017, the Browns indicated Gordon would never play for the Browns again, yet here we are.

The effing derelict has missed 43 of the Browns' past 48 games because of suspensions and has played in just 10 games since the 2014 season, yet they cling to him like he's Jerry Rice in his prime.
Old 07-23-18, 01:59 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Throw him out so the Raiders can pick him up.
Old 07-23-18, 09:26 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
I don't think this has anything to do with a failed test. The NFL has long stated they were going to support JG any way they could. He's stated for a long time that his way of coping with anxiety was to go to drugs or alcohol. If he told his medical team he was feeling a lot of anxiety about coming back, they may have felt the best thing for him was to slow things down. It takes a pretty big man to admit he's scared, not ready and needs additional help. If he never plays another down of football but stays clean...the NFL/Browns should be proud of themselves.
Old 07-24-18, 09:07 AM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Joe Thomas has dropped 50 lbs.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edium=referral
Old 07-24-18, 11:25 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
It probably didn’t take much effort from Joe to lose it, either. He had to fight to stay at playing weight.
Old 07-25-18, 07:04 AM
All Yappi

I bet he is not missing that locker room very much,good to see him doing so well.
Old 07-25-18, 11:31 AM
All Yappi

I hate the idiots in the Cleveland sports media. I really can’t stand them. Almost ten minutes of the presser wasted on “is Josh Gordon in trouble?” and “when is Baker gonna start - why not now?”, the same questions rephrased and hoping for some easy quotes. Ten minutes before a Left Tackle question. These morons don’t give a crap about the actual play. What a waste of my time.

Now we get two days of the hacks trying to generate a hot take from a bunch of unanswers. Swell. Did I mention that I hate these untalented people ? Hard Knocks may ruin this rebuild. Half of these local media clowns are gonna try to slide in and “be discovered”. I just wanna puke at the thought of the sh1t show probably headed our way.
Old 07-25-18, 01:15 PM
All Yappi

Jackson was with the Bengals when they were on Hard Knocks; so he should know what to expect. It didn't turn out bad for them, doubt they dwell on the Gordon issue.
Old 07-25-18, 02:29 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I hate the idiots in the Cleveland sports media. I really can’t stand them. Almost ten minutes of the presser wasted on “is Josh Gordon in trouble?” and “when is Baker gonna start - why not now?”, the same questions rephrased and hoping for some easy quotes. Ten minutes before a Left Tackle question. These morons don’t give a crap about the actual play. What a waste of my time.

Now we get two days of the hacks trying to generate a hot take from a bunch of unanswers. Swell. Did I mention that I hate these untalented people ? Hard Knocks may ruin this rebuild. Half of these local media clowns are gonna try to slide in and “be discovered”. I just wanna puke at the thought of the sh1t show probably headed our way.
You have to be patient. After all, one half of their entire year's programming went down the drain. Since they lost, " Will LeBron stay in Cleveland?" they have to rely on their only other topic," Who should be the Browns quarterback?" God forbid they actually have to put in some work. Of course, if they are part of the millennial talk force, you could always listen to their tales of how drunk they got last night and who got laid.
Old 07-25-18, 02:30 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post

You have to be patient. After all, one half of their entire year's programming went down the drain. Since they lost, " Will LeBron stay in Cleveland?" they have to rely on their only other topic," Who should be the Browns quarterback?" God forbid they actually have to put in some work. Of course, if they are part of the millennial talk force, you could always listen to their tales of how drunk they got last night and who got laid. Or is that just Lima, who acts like a high school senior, even though he's in his mid-30's.
Old 07-26-18, 05:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I don't think this has anything to do with a failed test. The NFL has long stated they were going to support JG any way they could. He's stated for a long time that his way of coping with anxiety was to go to drugs or alcohol. If he told his medical team he was feeling a lot of anxiety about coming back, they may have felt the best thing for him was to slow things down. It takes a pretty big man to admit he's scared, not ready and needs additional help. If he never plays another down of football but stays clean...the NFL/Browns should be proud of themselves.
This is spot on.

The guy’s whole life has consisted of the behavior pattern of self-medicating with pot for something along the lines of social anxiety disorder. The excitement of the coming season probably has him wanting to jump right out of his own skin. He is probably wanting to use pot to cope, and feels the need to get some help resisting temptation.

Dorsey probably believes that Josh is OK, but doesn’t want to look stupid if the guy falls off the wagon and fails a random, so he backs off the questions.
Old 07-26-18, 05:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
You have to be patient. After all, one half of their entire year's programming went down the drain. Since they lost, " Will LeBron stay in Cleveland?" they have to rely on their only other topic," Who should be the Browns quarterback?" God forbid they actually have to put in some work. Of course, if they are part of the millennial talk force, you could always listen to their tales of how drunk they got last night and who got laid. Or is that just Lima, who acts like a high school senior, even though he's in his mid-30's.
Pretty much my thoughts as well.

I occasionally find Lima entertaining as an over-the-top snarky little d-bag. Hard to ever take him seriously, but he will sneak in an insightful observation. At least he respects the Great Les Levine.

I’d love to see Beau Bishop get a full time show. His analysis of any topic is that of a grown up, and he still manages to be entertaining. His only hack moment is when he goes to weekly cocktail recommendations. He wallows in it thoroughly, but then moves on. He needs to get much more air time.
Old 07-26-18, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I get that Gordon is talented, but they should have moved on from this guy a very long time ago. What a tool.
Real tired of him and LBJ,life is good lets move on folks.
Old 07-26-18, 03:14 PM
All Yappi

Oh goody, they're giving the POS Adam Pacman Jones a tryout-

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/ind...incart_m-rpt-1
Old 07-27-18, 01:42 PM
Cooling Off

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Cringe worthy

Old 07-27-18, 01:55 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
That's pretty Cleveland
Old 07-28-18, 02:43 PM
All Yappi

So they brought in Pacman and now they're considering Dez. Glad to see that character's a big factor.
Old 07-28-18, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So they brought in Pacman and now they're considering Dez. Glad to see that character's a big factor.
I hope they both make it,Hue has to win eight or its bye,bye.
Old 07-28-18, 04:23 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Cringe worthy

Not really, considering Haslam sold part of the team to Pfizer, the manufacturer of the 'blue pill."
Old 07-28-18, 07:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
I hope they both make it,Hue has to win eight or its bye,bye.
Team is too young to have awful vets.

Pacman shouldn't be in any team, let alone the Browns. He should be in prison. Dez is a constant in game distraction confronting teammates and coaches.
Old 07-29-18, 06:46 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Team is too young to have awful vets.

Pacman shouldn't be in any team, let alone the Browns. He should be in prison. Dez is a constant in game distraction confronting teammates and coaches.
Neither are good enough ignore their downside ... it is not like the Browns are a WR or CB away from being a Super Bowl contender ... don’t poison this young team with bad apples like them.
Old 07-30-18, 04:00 AM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
I don't get why people care about the "Hardland of America" tag. I'm just glad they brought back the Brownie Elf.
Old 07-30-18, 04:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post
I don't get why people care about the "Hardland of America" tag. I'm just glad they brought back the Brownie Elf.
The Elf would look real sweet on the side of the Brownie's helmet,make them real tough.
Old 07-30-18, 06:50 AM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
The Elf would look real sweet on the side of the Brownie's helmet,make them real tough.
I'm against any changes to the Browns helmet other than reverting to the original white helmets.

Anyone who disagrees is potentially a terrorist.