Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-18, 01:18 PM
Freshman

1234567 is on a distinguished road
Football is all that matters
Old 04-21-18, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
I think one of the biggest issues is the drop in school activity participation overall. Kids just aren't involved these days. Too much digital entertainment. It actually goes beyond that... they're much less likely than 10 years ago to work, date, go out with friends, etc. Or go to the football game. The bulk of attendance is going to be centered around them, and adults generally are just along for the ride.

Not much the OHSAA can do, but I do like what Sykotyk mentioned about reconfiguring the regions a bit and having more leeway in deciding first-round matchups.
That is a terrible idea. No reason the 1 seed should have to play the 2 or 3 in the first round simply because they are closer. They've earned the right to play the 8.
Old 04-21-18, 09:56 AM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
That is a terrible idea. No reason the 1 seed should have to play the 2 or 3 in the first round simply because they are closer. They've earned the right to play the 8.
Why assume they'd play the 2 or 3 seed? Those schools earned a home game. But picking travel times between hosting #5-#8 should be favored, especially for first round instead of a rigid bracket.
Old 04-21-18, 05:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Why assume they'd play the 2 or 3 seed? Those schools earned a home game. But picking travel times between hosting #5-#8 should be favored, especially for first round instead of a rigid bracket.
Why?

If you don't want to travel play/schedule better.
Old 04-21-18, 06:11 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
New blood promises to see this project come to fruition. http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201804...finish-project
It looks like even though IRG and Lichter remain the owners of the project, a LOT of people have been put around him to constrain what he does. Bezos is a pretty big name. That doesn't guarantee success -- lots of projects fail even with the biggest names attached to them. But, probably a good sign I would say.

From the other thread I saw fleadog mention that Lichter has until June 1 to pony up the money for the Hoover plant or else face foreclosure. I didn't see anything in the news and can't get to the docket, but interesting if true. Getting him out from that project plus having his wings clipped for the HOF would be great news.
Old 04-21-18, 07:57 PM
All World

Quote:
Why?

If you don't want to travel play/schedule better.
The OHSAA is the one paying the travel. My point was you assuming my plan was taking away home games from higher seeds. There's #5 through #8 that could go to any of the high seeds based on geography rather than rigid bracketing.
Old 04-21-18, 09:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The OHSAA is the one paying the travel. My point was you assuming my plan was taking away home games from higher seeds. There's #5 through #8 that could go to any of the high seeds based on geography rather than rigid bracketing.
I know OHSAA pays playoffs travel. I was speaking to teams/fans complaining about distance. There is no reason a 1 has to play the 5 while 2 or 3 get the 8. It's fine the way it is. How many 2 hour road trips are there really in the first round?
Old 04-21-18, 10:18 PM
All World

Quote:
I know OHSAA pays playoffs travel. I was speaking to teams/fans complaining about distance. There is no reason a 1 has to play the 5 while 2 or 3 get the 8. It's fine the way it is. How many 2 hour road trips are there really in the first round?
Every year it's discussed which games have the longest travel.

And it's not just fans complaining about traveling for a road game (since the home team's trip is rather short). But, if you're seeing attendance dropping, revenue dropping, and the cost of operating the playoffs is an issue, isn't travel one of the primary things to focus on that you can do to cut down on costs?

You can say "it's fine the way it is" but it clearly hasn't been for some time. You do know finances was the hail-mary attempt of moving all playoffs to Friday to boost attendance.
Old 04-21-18, 10:25 PM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
On the other hand, many a #1 would rather play a higher seed/better team, feeling that playing #8 is the easy way and they would rather show their mettle against higher rated talent. I don't think it would be much of a complaint from anyone if they altered things in the 1st round.
Old 04-21-18, 10:51 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
I always thought it would be interesting to do it like basketball and have the seeds pick their spot on the bracket
Old 04-22-18, 07:21 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
There are some exciting possibilities for Benson in the next two years with the draft being here and the 100 year anniversary. Increased NFL involvement could provide some new energy and even some financing in getting the project on a faster track toward completion. I'm hearing that if the project were further along the NFL would absolutely have the draft here. Stay tuned.
Old 04-22-18, 07:25 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
From the other thread I saw fleadog mention that Lichter has until June 1 to pony up the money for the Hoover plant or else face foreclosure.
Be careful with fleadog's info. Isn't he the one that gets his inside info from his cousin's brother's neighbor? In any case he didn't even get Lichter's name right.
Old 04-22-18, 09:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
On the other hand, many a #1 would rather play a higher seed/better team, feeling that playing #8 is the easy way and they would rather show their mettle against higher rated talent. I don't think it would be much of a complaint from anyone if they altered things in the 1st round.
You've earned the "easy way" by virtue of being the #1 seed. No one would rather have a tougher matchup earlier. You will get your chance to show your mettle against higher rated talent as you advance. Your fake bravado is cute though.
Old 04-22-18, 09:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Every year it's discussed which games have the longest travel.

And it's not just fans complaining about traveling for a road game (since the home team's trip is rather short). But, if you're seeing attendance dropping, revenue dropping, and the cost of operating the playoffs is an issue, isn't travel one of the primary things to focus on that you can do to cut down on costs?

You can say "it's fine the way it is" but it clearly hasn't been for some time. You do know finances was the hail-mary attempt of moving all playoffs to Friday to boost attendance.
It clearly is fine. Again this is only an issue in the first round, and the first round is regional ie fairly compact. Long road trips are the exception, not the rule. It's a solution looking for a problem...there isn't one.
Old 04-22-18, 10:56 AM
All World

Quote:
You've earned the "easy way" by virtue of being the #1 seed. No one would rather have a tougher matchup earlier. You will get your chance to show your mettle against higher rated talent as you advance. Your fake bravado is cute though.
We've beat everyone all season so we deserve to play the Browns in the 1st round? You believe in that type of reward? Look how silly it sounds.
Old 04-22-18, 04:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
We've beat everyone all season so we deserve to play the Browns in the 1st round? You believe in that type of reward? Look how silly it sounds.
Look how silly comparing the worst team in the league to a playoff qualifier is...one of the worst analogies I've ever seen.

And yes I believe the #1 seed has earned the "easiest" path through the region, not really sure how thats controversial.
Old 04-22-18, 05:09 PM
All District

THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
. I'm hearing that if the project were further along the NFL would absolutely have the draft here. Stay tuned.
This is Brilliant!!! Did you also know if you turn off a lightbulb it will get dark.
Old 04-22-18, 06:25 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Its pathetic that some on here want this project to fail, it reminds me of the DREAM project in Massillon
Old 04-22-18, 06:25 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234567 View Post
Math > Football
Old 04-22-18, 08:30 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234567 View Post
Hi heff/chiefy/sam the b
Old 04-23-18, 01:52 AM
All World

Quote:
Look how silly comparing the worst team in the league to a playoff qualifier is...one of the worst analogies I've ever seen.

And yes I believe the #1 seed has earned the "easiest" path through the region, not really sure how thats controversial.
Extreme, yes, wrong, no. 90% of the time games like the #1 vs #8 matchup are a mismatch that does nothing to prepare the #1 for the next round. Playoffs are all about being ready and well prepared for the next round.
Old 04-23-18, 05:49 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Extreme, yes, wrong, no. 90% of the time games like the #1 vs #8 matchup are a mismatch that does nothing to prepare the #1 for the next round. Playoffs are all about being ready and well prepared for the next round.
I disagree. Play-offs are about winning it all. It's absurd to be the number one seed and not play the lowest seed in the first round. You have watched March Madness right? This model has worked there forever. Well, except this year.
Old 04-23-18, 05:51 AM
All American

Construction resuming on Benson and will soon begin on the Center for Excellence. I'm sure everyone is excited at what it will mean to our community!
Old 04-23-18, 12:21 PM
Moderated User

I see Canton will get some attention with Baker announcing some of the Browns picks.

Can we now have some negative posts that condemn the HOF for not giving these high school kids a locker room.
Old 04-23-18, 12:25 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
The regular season preps for the playoffs, you must be nervous as a clam with the weak sauce of a schedule we have. Your theory proves were screwed come week 11.
Old 04-23-18, 01:56 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
The regular season preps for the playoffs, you must be nervous as a clam with the weak sauce of a schedule we have. Your theory proves were screwed come week 11.
How much do you want to lay on the line that Massillon wins week #11 game if they get there? You're full of dung up to your ears, go away troll.
Old 04-23-18, 04:56 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
How much do you want to lay on the line that Massillon wins week #11 game if they get there? You're full of dung up to your ears, go away troll.
The last three games on our schedule are a complete mismatch, will we be ready for the playoffs? Serious question.

Personally I think youre out of your mind and Massillon will be really good this year. While you fondle big heavy balls, I think this kids will have a stronger mentality than you.
Old 04-23-18, 05:45 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
The last three games on our schedule are a complete mismatch, will we be ready for the playoffs? Serious question.

Personally I think youre out of your mind and Massillon will be really good this year. While you fondle big heavy balls, I think this kids will have a stronger mentality than you.
Maybe you have poor reading comprehension, I was saying Massillon will win week #11 if they get there, I'm quite confidant. You, on the other hand, were the one saying they'd be screwed week #11 with the schedule they play. Want to lay any money on this? Either way, it doesn't have a thing to do with the 1st round of the playoffs and whether #1 playing #8 further prepares #1 if they win in a non-competitive game, I think it does nothing for the #1 seed to play that game.
Old 04-24-18, 08:46 PM
All American

Greg G gets a lot of grief but seems to be a dedicated Mass fan
Old 04-25-18, 01:59 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Greg G gets a lot of grief but seems to be a dedicated Mass fan
When you move out of Massillon you kinda see the light, Ill always love and root for Massillon; but some of these people need a change of scenery to improve their lives.

Its sad to see where the city is currently and the downward trend.
Closed Thread