Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-03-17, 11:10 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,280
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
That look is a reason fertility rates are way down.
The eyes of two different milf-y shoppers in the paint and garden aisles at Lowe's yesterday emphatically said "no way!" to that^ notion.

I've still got it
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-03-17, 11:15 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,235
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
The eyes of two different milf-y shoppers in the paint and garden aisles at Lowe's yesterday emphatically said "no way!" to that^ notion.

I've still got it
Good point, I forgot about the video and the impact on your socioeconomic group.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-03-17, 11:18 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,280
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
good one, but I said milf-y. Nothing in that video remotely qualified.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-03-17, 11:29 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,235
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
good one, but I said milf-y. Nothing in that video remotely qualified.
Well, given MILF is subjective to the person, it's a pretty safe assumption those women you are talking about are solid 3-4s on a normal scale.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-03-17, 11:43 AM
chs1971 chs1971 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 814
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Best shoes ever. Beat down and ragged now, though. Gore-tex is even still intact. Can't throw them out.
In the past, more than one person has speculated that we were one person posting under two names. And now you post a picture of my Merrill's. WTF?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-03-17, 11:52 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,280
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Well, given MILF is subjective to the person, it's a pretty safe assumption those women you are talking about are solid 3-4s on a normal scale.
"assume", he says. Perfect. Cliche' personified.

Once again, you make "one" of yourself while trying too hard and failing to make one of me.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-03-17, 11:54 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,280
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
In the past, more than one person has speculated that we were one person posting under two names. And now you post a picture of my Merrill's. WTF?
Have you looked for a replacement pair lately ? It seems like they "cheaped" them up. The insole does not seem at all the same.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-03-17, 12:02 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,235
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
"assume", he says. Perfect. Cliche' personified.

Once again, you make "one" of yourself while trying too hard and failing to make one of me.
Lol, yeah you look cool here.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-03-17, 12:07 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,235
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Merrell shoes have gone to crap since 2007 when Wolverine expanded the line. They made a lot of money leveraging the brand name, but severely downgraded the quality.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-03-17, 12:26 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,280
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Lol, yeah you look cool here.
Well, you've actually backed into a hard fact here (not a first for you, I'm sure ), albeit unknowingly this time.

While you may believe that you can buy it in a store or select it from your closet, "cool" is more a state of mind.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-03-17, 12:29 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 26,280
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Merrell shoes have gone to crap since 2007 when Wolverine expanded the line. They made a lot of money leveraging the brand name, but severely downgraded the quality.
Several times, maybe. Mine are old, but not near 10 years.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-03-17, 12:45 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,235
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Sadly, Merrell founder, Randy Merrell was in the news this spring when wife and grandson were missing in the Grand Canyon after being swept in a current after falling into a creek. The grandson's body was found, but I never heard of his wife's body was ever recovered.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-06-17, 01:25 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 15,485
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Working fine here
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-06-17, 01:34 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,595
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Whatever.

I was married and divorced with a great little kid and his idiot mom getting my child support, went broke paying her equity off and keeping the house, hustled my azz off, and finally stopped being a hedonistic party animal after a second round of arrested adolescence. Paid off all debt but the mortgage.

Met a quality woman with little debt, a little savings, solid values, and an azz as fine as her smile. Borrowed for nothing, both worked for two years, knocked her up, and she quit at 8 months pregnant. Worked my azz off and kept hustling, we had another kid. She home-schooled the younger boys through 4th grade, we had them in every kid sport and church activity, took smart vacations, paid cash for cars, did without some of the self-indulgent materialistic crap and enjoyed some while we focused on enjoying each other. Kept busting my azz when I wasn't goofing around with my kids in some woods, stream, or ballfield and paid off the house. Wife went back to work. Kids all at the top of their HS classes, dressed pretty well, all-around cool kids. Finished child support, helped the oldest off to school. No personal debt. Minimal college debt on the horizon for my kids' educations. Solid retirement outlook.

Though shalt not covet. Ignore American marketing unless it's an investment house.

It ain't that tough if you put the right things first.
If everyone was like you, we'd be in a better place. But most people in your shoes do it the American way...they BORROW!! Double mortgages, home equity, max credit cards and live paycheck to paycheck.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-06-17, 01:45 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,235
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I guess 14red never learned how to responsibly borrow to leverage debt to his advantage. That's kinda sad.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-06-17, 01:46 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,595
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
Also, from the article:

US population growth has followed a similar, albeit less extreme, trajectory. Millennials are increasingly choosing to forgo parenting in an effort to move up in their careers, pay off their massive student debt, and gain financial independence from their parents.

The US case is notable, however, when it comes to its lack of federal parental leave policies. There are only three other countries on Earth that do not offer employees paid time off on a national level. Research has found this factors into low fertility because poor work-life balance forces couples to choose between having kids or pursuing careers. They can't do both.

For that reason, demographers often encourage world leaders to enact more family-friendly policies if they want to boost fertility rates.


The robots will solve this problem as we each assume the role of George Jetson (or Homer Simpson).
Thanks for pointing out the liberal side of this article. This is funny. We already have a huge welfare population, happy to stay home and not work. We want to incentivise people to with additional family paid time off??? I work for a small company, been with this company since college going on 29 years. I have 4 weeks of paid vacation, 5 paid sick days per year, 6 main holidays, paid holidays. Work Mon-Friday

365 days per year
104 days off for weekend
20 vacation
5 sick
6 holiday
I work approximately 230 days per year. 63% of the year.

I can't imagine the abuses of paid time off for having babies and any other reason not to work. Incredible.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-06-17, 01:57 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,235
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
You think people would have babies just to score the extra 3-4 weeks of paid new parent time off?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-06-17, 01:59 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 948
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
That look is a reason fertility rates are way down.
Pornhub and people are more intelligent today than before. When I was in high school I would guess under 10 girls were pregnant. I only remember a couple. My dad's generation at Athens was a big number of girls that became pregnant in high school. But people are far more intelligent today than back then
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-06-17, 01:59 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 1,320
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Yeah that's my plan
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-06-17, 02:25 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,235
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Yeah that's my plan
Watching pornhub or having babies for the paid time off work?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-06-17, 02:27 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 1,320
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
I'm good with either. But paid time off sounds good
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-06-17, 02:46 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,595
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
You think people would have babies just to score the extra 3-4 weeks of paid new parent time off?
No, that's not the point. Why is it the employer's responsibility to pay people for not working??
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-06-17, 02:50 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,595
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Pornhub and people are more intelligent today than before. When I was in high school I would guess under 10 girls were pregnant. I only remember a couple. My dad's generation at Athens was a big number of girls that became pregnant in high school. But people are far more intelligent today than back then
I would say the proliferation of contraceptives is the main reason for the fertility rate being low. 20-30 years ago, there was negative connotation for handing out condoms and giving pills away.

The other part that gets me in the article is the "woe is me" attitude for the young. Are you kidding? Today's kids are much better off than a generation or two ago. Look at the cars and houses these kids live in and possess. The vacations they go on. Stop with the liberal whineyness...
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-06-17, 02:50 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,235
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
No, that's not the point. Why is it the employer's responsibility to pay people for not working??
Many do it voluntarily because it's a positive benefit and it helps retain employees, particularly female employees. Having them quit and recruiting replacements is much more costly for many positions.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-06-17, 02:55 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,595
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Many do it voluntarily because it's a positive benefit and it helps retain employees, particularly female employees. Having them quit and recruiting replacements is much more costly for many positions.
Some, most company's have some kind of paid short term disability. And this is a positive benefit for whom, the company or the employee? I don't see how it helps the company to pay someone to not be there, then pay a replacement, but it's only money.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-06-17, 03:05 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,235
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Some, most company's have some kind of paid short term disability. And this is a positive benefit for whom, the company or the employee? I don't see how it helps the company to pay someone to not be there, then pay a replacement, but it's only money.
Both. It helps the employer retain a key asset and the employee doesn't feel the financial burden of losing income or their job. Are you really this dense?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-06-17, 03:09 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 948
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I would say the proliferation of contraceptives is the main reason for the fertility rate being low. 20-30 years ago, there was negative connotation for handing out condoms and giving pills away.

The other part that gets me in the article is the "woe is me" attitude for the young. Are you kidding? Today's kids are much better off than a generation or two ago. Look at the cars and houses these kids live in and possess. The vacations they go on. Stop with the liberal whineyness...
I cant stand old people(50+) that think today is worse than back then. Its like no, you are just old and think it was better then because you were young.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-06-17, 03:33 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,595
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Both. It helps the employer retain a key asset and the employee doesn't feel the financial burden of losing income or their job. Are you really this dense?
So EP, what is the incentive for coming back to work if you get paid to stay at home? That's not dense, that's reality?

Also, is it fair if you have 20 women in your workforce that don't have babies, work full time and never get paid maternity leave, vs. the 20 who have babies?? Doesn't seem quite fair to me...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-06-17, 03:35 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 1,595
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
I cant stand old people(50+) that think today is worse than back then. Its like no, you are just old and think it was better then because you were young.
Actually, it's generally young people who think their time is the worst.

I love today's college kids who whine about the college debt they have. Um...you signed up for college and knew the cost. No one sentenced you to college.

There are many alternatives, many cheaper than going to your favorite party school and putting off life for 4 years.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-06-17, 03:38 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
Fake coolin' off
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 66,235
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
So EP, what is the incentive for coming back to work if you get paid to stay at home? That's not dense, that's reality?

Also, is it fair if you have 20 women in your workforce that don't have babies, work full time and never get paid maternity leave, vs. the 20 who have babies?? Doesn't seem quite fair to me...
You don't get paid to stay at home permanently. Are you really this dumb or trolling? It's the same as any benefit that is extended to all, but may be used by a few.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Teenagersí tobacco use hits a record low, with a sharp drop in e-cigarettes Yappi General Board 49 06-17-17 09:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz