Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-02-17, 12:20 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
The US fertility rate just hit a record-low

Quote:
After years of consistent decline, new data reveal the US fertility rate has hit a record low, according to the Centers for Disease Control.

Provisional 2016 data showed a 1% decline from the year prior. That brings the general fertility rate among women 15 to 44 to 62.0 births per 1,000 women.

Experts in demographic trends fear the falling rate could signal the beginning of larger economic woes for the US.
Read more:
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-fe...ord-low-2017-6
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-17, 01:23 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Also, from the article:

US population growth has followed a similar, albeit less extreme, trajectory. Millennials are increasingly choosing to forgo parenting in an effort to move up in their careers, pay off their massive student debt, and gain financial independence from their parents.

The US case is notable, however, when it comes to its lack of federal parental leave policies. There are only three other countries on Earth that do not offer employees paid time off on a national level. Research has found this factors into low fertility because poor work-life balance forces couples to choose between having kids or pursuing careers. They can't do both.

For that reason, demographers often encourage world leaders to enact more family-friendly policies if they want to boost fertility rates.

The robots will solve this problem as we each assume the role of George Jetson (or Homer Simpson).

Last edited by EagleGuy; 07-02-17 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-02-17, 01:43 PM
All World

Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Too bad the wrong people are having the majority of kids. This is so dead on, it's scary

Old 07-02-17, 01:54 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
Too bad the wrong people are having the majority of kids. This is so dead on, it's scary

When I posted this thread, I was thinking about that movie. While they greatly exaggerated the future, there is some truth to it.
Old 07-02-17, 02:06 PM
Fake coolin' off

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:

This bodes well for Yappi and Trump.
Old 07-02-17, 02:08 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
The Mothersbaugh Bros called it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Co...t_De-Evolution

The world needs ditch-diggers, too, pboy. And America's need to pay into SS. Trust Trump. It will all work out.
Old 07-02-17, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
This bodes well for Yappi and Trump.
That guy surely eats goetta for breakfast.
Old 07-02-17, 02:17 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
When I posted this thread, I was thinking about that movie. While they greatly exaggerated the future, there is some truth to it.
Educated people understand it's hard to provide for kids, that's why they take the decision seriously. Unlike your avg welfare queen who keeps sh1ttin' out kids every year.
Old 07-02-17, 02:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleGuy View Post
Also, from the article:

US population growth has followed a similar, albeit less extreme, trajectory. Millennials are increasingly choosing to forgo parenting in an effort to move up in their careers, pay off their massive student debt, and gain financial independence from their parents.

The US case is notable, however, when it comes to its lack of federal parental leave policies. There are only three other countries on Earth that do not offer employees paid time off on a national level. Research has found this factors into low fertility because poor work-life balance forces couples to choose between having kids or pursuing careers. They can't do both.

For that reason, demographers often encourage world leaders to enact more family-friendly policies if they want to boost fertility rates.

The robots will solve this problem as we each assume the role of George Jetson (or Homer Simpson).
It's a question of priorities and self-discipline, more than anything else. Too many people don't value parenthood.
Old 07-02-17, 02:27 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
It's a question of priorities and self-discipline, more than anything else. Too many people don't value parenthood.
Let's be honest, it's mostly in Urban Communities where the core family has been obliterated. No politician has the balls to say it without being labeled racist, but it's the truth.
Old 07-02-17, 02:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Educated people understand it's hard to provide for kids, that's why they take the decision seriously. Unlike your avg welfare queen who keeps sh1ttin' out kids every year.
Whatever.

I was married and divorced with a great little kid and his idiot mom getting my child support, went broke paying her equity off and keeping the house, hustled my azz off, and finally stopped being a hedonistic party animal after a second round of arrested adolescence. Paid off all debt but the mortgage.

Met a quality woman with little debt, a little savings, solid values, and an azz as fine as her smile. Borrowed for nothing, both worked for two years, knocked her up, and she quit at 8 months pregnant. Worked my azz off and kept hustling, we had another kid. She home-schooled the younger boys through 4th grade, we had them in every kid sport and church activity, took smart vacations, paid cash for cars, did without some of the self-indulgent materialistic crap and enjoyed some while we focused on enjoying each other. Kept busting my azz when I wasn't goofing around with my kids in some woods, stream, or ballfield and paid off the house. Wife went back to work. Kids all at the top of their HS classes, dressed pretty well, all-around cool kids. Finished child support, helped the oldest off to school. No personal debt. Minimal college debt on the horizon for my kids' educations. Solid retirement outlook.

Though shalt not covet. Ignore American marketing unless it's an investment house.

It ain't that tough if you put the right things first.
Old 07-02-17, 03:00 PM
All World

Quote:
Whatever.

I was married and divorced with a great little kid and his idiot mom getting my child support, went broke paying her equity off and keeping the house, hustled my azz off, and finally stopped being a hedonistic party animal after a second round of arrested adolescence. Paid off all debt but the mortgage.

Met a quality woman with little debt, a little savings, solid values, and an azz as fine as her smile. Borrowed for nothing, both worked for two years, knocked her up, and she quit at 8 months pregnant. Worked my azz off and kept hustling, we had another kid. She home-schooled the younger boys through 4th grade, we had them in every kid sport and church activity, took smart vacations, paid cash for cars, did without some of the self-indulgent materialistic crap and enjoyed some while we focused on enjoying each other. Kept busting my azz when I wasn't goofing around with my kids in some woods, stream, or ballfield and paid off the house. Wife went back to work. Kids all at the top of their HS classes, dressed pretty well, all-around cool kids. Finished child support, helped the oldest off to school. No personal debt. Minimal college debt. Solid retirement outlook.

Though shalt not covet. Ignore American marketing unless it's an investment house.

But weren't you involved in your kid's lives? That's my point, not necessarily mom and dad are together (though that's the best case), it's all these Jack azzes spilling their seed all over the hood and not supporting their kid.
Old 07-02-17, 03:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
But weren't you involved in your kid's lives? That's my point, not necessarily mom and dad are together (though that's the best case), it's all these Jack azzes spilling their seed all over the hood and not supporting their kid.
Your video and the OP had dual emphasis "class-wise", and I conceded the urban toilet condition.

"educated people understand it's hard to provide for kids" was what I most emphasized in my response. Yes, the idiots out there are a given, sadly.
There is no REAL financial reason not to have kids if you have one good job between a couple, though. A little self-denial is all a couple needs. I completely screwed up and course-corrected, so being smart from the start should mean that someone else won't have to work that hard. I'm not that exceptional.

People don't have kids because they care more about themselves than making sacrifices for another human being. Not a priority.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 07-02-17 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-02-17, 03:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Let's be honest, it's mostly in Urban Communities where the core family has been obliterated. No politician has the balls to say it without being labeled racist, but it's the truth.
The family has deteriorated pretty far in the 'burbs, too...but yes, 100%.

Maybe it was a coincidence, but all that Cosby dirt laid dormant until he called out the values of younger generations of blacks. Made me wonder....
Old 07-02-17, 03:49 PM
All World

Quote:
Your video and the OP had dual emphasis "class-wise", and I conceded the urban toilet condition.

"educated people understand it's hard to provide for kids" was what I most emphasized in my response. Yes, the idiots out there are a given, sadly.
There is no REAL financial reason not to have kids if you have one good job between a couple, though. A little self-denial is all a couple needs. I completely screwed up and course-corrected, so being smart from the start should mean that someone else won't have to work that hard. I'm not that exceptional.

People don't have kids because they care more about themselves than making sacrifices for another human being. Not a priority.
Not everyone's suited to have kids. Again, problem is too many of those people are the ones reproducing like rabbits and then totally blowing off the responsibility to raise their kids.
Old 07-02-17, 04:27 PM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Whatever.

Met a quality woman with little debt, a little savings, solid values, and an azz as fine as her smile. Borrowed for nothing, both worked for two years, knocked her up, and she quit at 8 months pregnant. Worked my azz off and kept hustling, we had another kid. She home-schooled the younger boys through 4th grade, we had them in every kid sport and church activity, took smart vacations, paid cash for cars, did without some of the self-indulgent materialistic crap and enjoyed some while we focused on enjoying each other. Kept busting my azz when I wasn't goofing around with my kids in some woods, stream, or ballfield and paid off the house. Wife went back to work. Kids all at the top of their HS classes, dressed pretty well, all-around cool kids. Finished child support, helped the oldest off to school. No personal debt. Minimal college debt on the horizon for my kids' educations. Solid retirement outlook.

Script for future Hallmark Hall of Fame movie...............
Old 07-02-17, 05:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherVOR View Post
Script for future Hallmark Hall of Fame movie...............
Just some doofus.

Ask Elder's resident snark-meister. He'll tell you.

Anybody can do it if I can.
Old 07-02-17, 06:39 PM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Whatever.

Did they wear jorts?
Old 07-02-17, 10:49 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Whatever.

Actually, it's "way easy" compared to continuing to dig a hole. Great testimonial!
Old 07-02-17, 11:14 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Did they wear jorts?
I had a pair of denim cargo shorts on today. Do those count as jorts, or do the have to be the tight ones like the metal-head Nati-clone wears to really be "jorts"? Can't remember which goof that is nowdays.
Old 07-03-17, 01:30 AM
All Ohio

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Good. I wish people stopped having kids for a couple decades. Hard to create a super advanced civilization when we have 7 billion people to take care of
Old 07-03-17, 08:07 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Bill Burr has some great rants on this topic.
Old 07-03-17, 09:55 AM
All American

Quote:
I had a pair of denim cargo shorts on today. Do those count as jorts, or do the have to be the tight ones like the metal-head Nati-clone wears to really be "jorts"? Can't remember which goof that is nowdays.
Bcf...he is no mad here
Old 07-03-17, 09:56 AM
All American

Never seen denim cargos. May need to get a pair
Old 07-03-17, 10:17 AM
Fake coolin' off

Old 07-03-17, 10:34 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post

Bcf...he is no mad here
wut?
Old 07-03-17, 10:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

These, actually-

-perfect for yard work.

Nice isolated phone pocket (so it doesn't get scratched), water bottle, hand pruners, pair of gloves. Perfect.

And these, not those flip-flops-

Best shoes ever. Beat down and ragged now, though. Gore-tex is even still intact. Can't throw them out.
Old 07-03-17, 10:47 AM
Fake coolin' off

Old 07-03-17, 10:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
And black 1/4 socks.

You should see the look on my wife's face if I decide I need something from the store and jump in the last vehicle in the drive and take off
Old 07-03-17, 10:59 AM
Fake coolin' off

That look is a reason fertility rates are way down.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: