Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Rate the movie "Baby Driver"
10 2 20.00%
9 3 30.00%
8 2 20.00%
7 0 0%
6 0 0%
5 0 0%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-17, 10:21 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
"Baby Driver"

Rate and review the movie "Baby Driver"

After being coerced into working for a crime boss, a young getaway driver finds himself taking part in a heist doomed to fail.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-17, 10:48 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
Yappi, I've been waitig since Wednesday, when I saw this film, for you to post a comments section. IMO, this is the first must see movie of the summer. I give it a 9+ (only because I don't give 10s). It got the highest rating I've ever seen on Rotten Tomatoes, 98% positive. Oddly enough only one of the two bad reviews this movie got was from the PD critic. It's got everything: endless car chases, a lot of violence, all wrapped around a rather sweet and tender love story. So it would be a good date night movie. Above all else, it's got the best soundtrack I've ever heard. The biggest "name" stars are Kevin Spacey, John Hamm, and Jamie Foxx, but the real star is the person who plays the title role. I cannot give a more positive recommendation.
Old 07-01-17, 07:56 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Yappi, I've been waitig since Wednesday, when I saw this film, for you to post a comments section. IMO, this is the first must see movie of the summer. I give it a 9+ (only because I don't give 10s). It got the highest rating I've ever seen on Rotten Tomatoes, 98% positive. Oddly enough only one of the two bad reviews this movie got was from the PD critic. It's got everything: endless car chases, a lot of violence, all wrapped around a rather sweet and tender love story. So it would be a good date night movie. Above all else, it's got the best soundtrack I've ever heard. The biggest "name" stars are Kevin Spacey, John Hamm, and Jamie Foxx, but the real star is the person who plays the title role. I cannot give a more positive recommendation.
Your review is spot on except I had no trouble giving this movie a 10! My takeaways:

* For me this was the best movie of the year.

* Unlike the endless sequels, prequels, re-imaginings & comic book relaunches this is a very original movie that takes the classic "caper" movie style and spins it out as something fresh & fun.

* The movies use of sound and music is very innovative. There is a seamless flow to what "Baby" is listening to and the action that blows by on the screen.

* The script is witty, fun and the acting is terrific from a bunch of stalwarts including Kevin Spacey and a very scary Jamie Foxx. But the real star of the show is a breakout performance by the lead. This kid steals the show with a very quirky performance.

* At it's heart and in spite of the onscreen carnage this movie has a 50's love story feel to it. As ArizonaWildcat said it's one of those rare date movies that both will enjoy a lot.
Old 07-03-17, 12:11 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Hands down the best movie of 2017 so far. It made me feel so many different emotions and was honestly the most original movie I've seen in years. What a film
Old 07-03-17, 12:33 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
That kid played kind of a lame role in one of those meh "Divergent" movies. Good for him and his career that it sounds as if he is in a winner here.

Who is the young lady ?
Old 07-03-17, 03:17 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
That kid played kind of a lame role in one of those meh "Divergent" movies. Good for him and his career that it sounds as if he is in a winner here.

Who is the young lady ?
She was in the live action adaptation of Cinderella.

The lead male was also in The Fault in Our Stars and I'm pretty sure all the tweens went crazy for it. Sounds like he's got a pretty good career ahead of him now that he's proven he has the talent.
Old 07-03-17, 03:29 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
That kid played kind of a lame role in one of those meh "Divergent" movies.

Pretty much every role in that movie was lame Cabe!
Old 07-05-17, 09:54 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Hearing a ton of positive things about this film in a cinematic regard from folks I trust. Primarily that it is an original take on a way over played genre, something missing from too many summer films. Bonus points also for the above called out unique use of songs in the film to drive the plot and not just set a scene and the cast has great chemistry. Finally no CGI as the chase scenes employ real stunt drivers that do plausible things in their vehicles and not some cooked up green screen style craziness. Don't be surprised if it is the rare summer film that gets Oscar buzz like Mad Max: Fury Road did in 2015.

I have not seen this yet but plan on it in the next week or so, being told this needs to be seen on a big screen in a theater with others to get the full affect.
Old 07-05-17, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

How could any sane person have given a "1" in the poll for this truly great movie? ust some jerk contrarian, I guess.
Old 07-05-17, 02:54 PM
All World

Quote:
How could any sane person have given a "1" in the poll for this truly great movie? ust some jerk contrarian, I guess.
Was just about to ask the same thing
Old 07-05-17, 03:23 PM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
The lead is Ansel Elgort, who is terrific in this role. It's a very well done film, with Jamie Foxx being so scary that even the audience is intimidated.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5052065/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Old 07-05-17, 04:20 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
How could any sane person have given a "1" in the poll for this truly great movie? Just some jerk contrarian, I guess.
Odds are pretty good that the two 1 ratings came from the Nati clone posse. Meaningless.
Old 07-05-17, 04:44 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
Best movie of the year by far. I agree it should get Oscar nominations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-17, 09:13 PM
All American

KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
Most entertaining film I've seen in a while. Only small complaint I have is the lack of character background/development of Debora. Would like to know more about her. She's willing to make life altering decisions with Baby, with seemingly no hesitation.
Old 07-05-17, 09:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong24 View Post
Most entertaining film I've seen in a while. Only small complaint I have is the lack of character background/development of Debora. Would like to know more about her. She's willing to make life altering decisions with Baby, with seemingly no hesitation.
That seems to be the one common criticism of this great movie. It was the prime reason why the PD reviewer panned the movie. All it would have taken is a single sentence of exposition by Deborah to decribe her past and that would have solved your question. In a nearly two hour movie that single arguable misstep should not diminish how really watchable this movie is.
Old 07-05-17, 10:03 PM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Haven't seen the movie but I gave it a one anyways. Might go see it tomorrow.
Old 07-05-17, 10:20 PM
All Yappi

You gave it a "1" without even having seen it? That's unbelievable. Feel free to change your rating after you've seen it.
Old 07-05-17, 10:40 PM
All Yappi

Changing of votes is not permitted on yappi.com.
Old 07-06-17, 07:08 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
That seems to be the one common criticism of this great movie. It was the prime reason why the PD reviewer panned the movie. All it would have taken is a single sentence of exposition by Deborah to decribe her past and that would have solved your question. In a nearly two hour movie that single arguable misstep should not diminish how really watchable this movie is.

well we do get some backstory on her. The movie makes it clear that she's got no family left and pretty much nothing to tie her down to Atlanta.
Old 07-06-17, 09:16 AM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Will go see next Monday
Old 07-10-17, 08:54 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Baby Driver comes in 3rd at the box office this week taking in $12.75 million. YTD they stand at $56 million against a budget of $34 million, while not Wonder Woman numbers they are solid for a more art like film that opened in the summer.
Old 07-10-17, 10:13 AM
All American

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Just okay.
Old 07-10-17, 01:26 PM
Varsity

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
I will say this movie does have a different feel to it, but I wasn't blown away by it. But my son LOVED it, just as some of those above did.
Old 07-11-17, 06:42 AM
All Yappi

I saw the movie and enjoyed it. The storyline towards the end was a little sloppy and overdone but it was still a pretty good flick. Kevin Spacey never disappoints even though he's played that same role like five times now. 5/8 on the vamps scale

Definitely not best picture material, imo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: