Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-10-17, 08:55 AM
Junior Varsity

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskin View Post
I think I read on here it was one Trotwood player. The player I am hearing is Myles! This would be a huge loss for Trotwood with an already loaded D2 now in Southwest Ohio. I also heard there is a 4th player transferring, the star Freshman from Stivers (name escapes me). But I heard Hoskins is really trying to assemble a high school version of a "super team"

I hope Myles stays, the Trotwood community, players and coaching staff talk very highly of him. I don't know what he would gain from Transferring to Middletown that he cant get at Trotwood. Myles and Amari Davis would be a great duo along with the Young guys Sammy and Carl. Justin is a solid big man down low also. Leaves you scratching your head but I am sure it will work itself out. Rocky please fight for our players.

GO RAMS!
If this is true....I hope all of you that KNOW Hoskins is "trying to assemble a Super Team" will turn him in and sing from the roof tops. Tired of people treating the rules like they don't exist.
Old 07-10-17, 12:19 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Is Williams back?
Old 07-14-17, 12:10 PM
All District

borntopin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy73 View Post
Is Williams back?
EJ Williams will be back at Hargrave for his Jr/Sr season. He is back home (Middletown) for the summer but will be going back for school/basketball. They could sure use him though. Could be a surprise/great year if Middletown gets the transfers in question. Myles Belyeu from Trotwood was confirmed to be transferring to Middletown on a few Twitter outlets. He already has a few D1 offers and will be a load next year.
Old 07-17-17, 10:40 AM
All Ohio

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by borntopin View Post
EJ Williams will be back at Hargrave for his Jr/Sr season. He is back home (Middletown) for the summer but will be going back for school/basketball. They could sure use him though. Could be a surprise/great year if Middletown gets the transfers in question. Myles Belyeu from Trotwood was confirmed to be transferring to Middletown on a few Twitter outlets. He already has a few D1 offers and will be a load next year.
Heard Belyeu was staying at Trotwood.
Old 07-17-17, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Heard Belyeu was staying at Trotwood.
glad to hear that!
Old 07-17-17, 10:45 AM
All Ohio

Dunbar guys may be gone though. Hoskins would pick up some talent but still not enough to make a run. No time to gel.
Old 07-18-17, 12:38 PM
All Region

Sgt Friday is on a distinguished road
I've heard the rumors too but there's quite a bit of smoke with the McConnell rumors. I know a couple Dayton area teenagers who said McConnell told them he's probably transferring but not sure if I can believe it. McConnell is very solid, top 2-3 kid in Dayton imo. I hope it works out for all of them wherever they end up. Things seem to have worked out pretty good for Quisenberry transferring to Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-17, 09:33 PM
Varsity

TheGreatElk is on a distinguished road
How is that? Quisenberry shot the ball poorly and was ten a game. I agree that he's a good player, but how did it go well for him? I don't think his rep is necessarily better than it was at Tecumseh. And, now Trice is gone.
Old 07-20-17, 11:31 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElk View Post
How is that? Quisenberry shot the ball poorly and was ten a game. I agree that he's a good player, but how did it go well for him? I don't think his rep is necessarily better than it was at Tecumseh. And, now Trice is gone.

So in your opinion Quisenberry has no shot playing D1 basketball since he only averaged 10 points a game last year? Is that what you are saying?

Old 07-20-17, 11:57 AM
All District

hvs1717 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Friday View Post
So in your opinion Quisenberry has no shot playing D1 basketball since he only averaged 10 points a game last year? Is that what you are saying?

What are you talking about? His post says nothing of the kind. He didn't even imply what you are saying. That is a huge jump in assumptions from what he actually said.
Old 07-20-17, 12:03 PM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Quisenberry got offered by Missouri State
Old 07-20-17, 12:09 PM
All District

hvs1717 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy73 View Post
Quisenberry got offered by Missouri State

The offer is from Southeast Missouri not Missouri State. He actually has a few D1 offers - SEMO, Youngstown State, Cleveland State, Oakland, Akron, Northern Kentucky and Wright State. Those are the only ones that I know of. He got half of them when he was at Tecumseh and the others this year at Wayne. He is a nice player. He needs better shot selection and needs to get better on the 3 point shot but he should be a solid D1 player.
Old 07-20-17, 03:18 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs1717 View Post
What are you talking about? His post says nothing of the kind. He didn't even imply what you are saying. That is a huge jump in assumptions from what he actually said.

What am I talking about? I said DQ transferring worked out pretty good for him. He said how? He only avg 10 a game and didn't shoot very well. How is that better than playing at Tecumseh? How is practicing everyday at Wayne on a team nobody else at Tecumseh would get minutes on? How did that work out playing in the GWOC instead of Tecumseh conference? He insinuated he isn't that good averaging 10 a game, how did he benefit by transferring. I cut through all the bs and ask he thinks DQ is DI. That's how

Old 07-21-17, 08:24 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Friday View Post
What am I talking about? I said DQ transferring worked out pretty good for him. He said how? He only avg 10 a game and didn't shoot very well. How is that better than playing at Tecumseh? How is practicing everyday at Wayne on a team nobody else at Tecumseh would get minutes on? How did that work out playing in the GWOC instead of Tecumseh conference? He insinuated he isn't that good averaging 10 a game, how did he benefit by transferring. I cut through all the bs and ask he thinks DQ is DI. That's how

I'm tired of hearing about the weak arse GWOC. Take away Centerville, Springfield, and Twood and it's a bunch of really bad D1 teams. I hear a lot of people every year saying this guy or that has been offered, but it rarely happens. I will believe it when he signs, but not until then. Truthfully, I think he's good enough to play at the bottom of D1, but it's far from a guarantee. Last year at this time there were people on here saying he would be one of the best players to ever come out of Dayton. I think last season answered that question. A good, talented high school player, but constantly being over hyped.
Old 07-21-17, 09:24 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I'm tired of hearing about the weak arse GWOC. Take away Centerville, Springfield, and Twood and it's a bunch of really bad D1 teams. I hear a lot of people every year saying this guy or that has been offered, but it rarely happens. I will believe it when he signs, but not until then. Truthfully, I think he's good enough to play at the bottom of D1, but it's far from a guarantee. Last year at this time there were people on here saying he would be one of the best players to ever come out of Dayton. I think last season answered that question. A good, talented high school player, but constantly being over hyped.
Wow, pitiful... so Wayne is a really bad D1 team.... Xenia? Fairborn? Springboro? Sidney? ... the GWOC is a solid league... a couple of bad teams but what league this size does not have those. The majority of the GWOC schools are decent and at the top are some of the top teams in the state....
Old 07-21-17, 10:18 PM
Varsity

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
The GWOC is a solid league, in the Dayton area. Springfield and Trotwood made good runs. Wayne had injuries. The rest of the league was not worth mentioning when discussing top teams in the state. I did not forget Centerville. Yes, they were good.
Old 07-21-17, 10:22 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Wow, pitiful... so Wayne is a really bad D1 team.... Xenia? Fairborn? Springboro? Sidney? ... the GWOC is a solid league... a couple of bad teams but what league this size does not have those. The majority of the GWOC schools are decent and at the top are some of the top teams in the state....
He plays for Wayne. That's why I didn't include them. They are not competition for him. Of course, Wayne is very good. Sorry, the rest are week. If for no other reason, just consider their tournment history. You would think that once in their history they would field a championship caliber team.
Old 07-24-17, 04:54 PM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He plays for Wayne. That's why I didn't include them. They are not competition for him. Of course, Wayne is very good. Sorry, the rest are week. If for no other reason, just consider their tournment history. You would think that once in their history they would field a championship caliber team.
Funny Elk, I made that same point 3 or 4 years ago. For a conference that size it's not that strong of a conference statewide D1. Only 2 state boys basketball championships and one was in 1950 when the GWOC did not exist. It is competitively similar to the GMC in northern Cincinnati. I said Wayne's short lived run would be over the year after they won state, Trotwood can't get over the hump,Centerville is always competitive and Springfield(particularlly Springfield South) has always been good they have the most tradition in the conference along with Trotwood but can't get over the hump as well.
Old 07-24-17, 07:59 PM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Dunbar loses its two studs, Devon Baker and Caleb McConnell are playing at Spire Basketball Academy in Geneva OH
Old 07-25-17, 06:44 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Dunbar loses its two studs, Devon Baker and Caleb McConnell are playing at Spire Basketball Academy in Geneva OH
Sad for the city of Dayton. It's two best players leaving to attend one of these so -called sports factories. I never blame parents for doing what they feel is best for kids. But both of these guys had multiple offers. I just do not understand the nature of this thing that used to be called HS basketball. It gets stranger and stranger every day! Like MS school kids announcing what HS they are going to. WTH???

Regardless, good luck to them both. I hope Spire gives them whatever it is they are looking for. Does the end the road for Pullen though?
Old 07-25-17, 04:04 PM
All Region

Middies89
Were these the two that were possibly transferring to Middletown?
Old 07-25-17, 11:02 PM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Sad for the city of Dayton. It's two best players leaving to attend one of these so -called sports factories. I never blame parents for doing what they feel is best for kids. But both of these guys had multiple offers. I just do not understand the nature of this thing that used to be called HS basketball. It gets stranger and stranger every day! Like MS school kids announcing what HS they are going to. WTH???

Regardless, good luck to them both. I hope Spire gives them whatever it is they are looking for. Does the end the road for Pullen though?
Pullen is getting up there in years and I've been wondering over the last couple of years when he's going to retire. Maybe make one more push to state?
Old 07-26-17, 01:24 PM
Freshman

HoopsGuy74 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit454 View Post
Not that this will ever happen, but I am being told there is some discussion among coaching associations and the OHSAA about making a 1 season ban on any high school transfer after 8th grade. The only exception would be if a change in residence took place of more than 50 miles.
What if they are paying tuition and lose a job/have other financial hardships and have to leave that private school to attend the home district? That kid loses out?
Old 07-28-17, 07:25 AM
All American

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
So is the Trotwood player going to Middletown?
Old 07-28-17, 09:53 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Rick View Post
So is the Trotwood player going to Middletown?
Nope... Was Middletown was licking their chops. and letdown with this tease of three huge transfers? Or was it all just smokescreen by Hoskins?
Old 07-28-17, 03:37 PM
Junior Varsity

Fat Albert is on a distinguished road
smh