Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-10-16, 03:27 AM
All American

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer24 View Post
Lisbon is up 29-19 at halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
65-59 Lisbon. Thought the Dogs might have pulled it off. Oh, well.

No hot dog for you Boomer.
Old 12-10-16, 05:46 AM
All Region

boomer24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
65-59 Lisbon. Thought the Dogs might have pulled it off. Oh, well.

No hot dog for you Boomer.
Good win for Lisbon. Nice to see them bounce back and play pretty good overall.

Next time, the hot dog is on me.
Old 12-10-16, 06:26 AM
All Region

Looking forward to the McD vs Wellsville match-up. I expect it to be an interesting one...
Old 12-10-16, 07:01 AM
All American

Exclamation

Quote:
Looking forward to the McD vs Wellsville match-up. I expect it to be an interesting one...
Was surprised McD scored that many on Columbiana. The Clippers must be awful this year or McD exceptional.
Old 12-10-16, 07:16 AM
All Region

Quote:
Was surprised McD scored that many on Columbiana. The Clippers must be awful this year or McD exceptional.
Sounds like Columbiana is in a rebuild...lost some players the last couple years during the Mosch experiment and Johnson has some work to do. Not sure how the younger grades have been the last couple of years...their freshman class was a very talented football group.
Old 12-10-16, 07:55 AM
All American

Exclamation

Quote:
Sounds like Columbiana is in a rebuild...lost some players the last couple years during the Mosch experiment and Johnson has some work to do. Not sure how the younger grades have been the last couple of years...their freshman class was a very talented football group.
Mosch experiment. Yes, that was not a good thing. Politics played into that.
Old 12-10-16, 11:22 AM
All Ohio

pepperpot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Should be an interesting game...January 7th will be here before you know it.
Sure wish we played them at home too...GO TIGERS !
Old 12-10-16, 11:34 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperpot View Post
Should be an interesting game...January 7th will be here before you know it.
Sure wish we played them at home too...GO TIGERS !
I bet you do!! HAHA!

BTW, what happened to the train that was attached to the wall?
Old 12-10-16, 12:04 PM
All Ohio

pepperpot is on a distinguished road
Not sure what happen to the BIG ORANGE MACHINE. They have retired it once again....We have the Beavers tonight, should not be a problem, but you never know.
Old 12-10-16, 01:08 PM
All Ohio

confused is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
If they wanted to run up the score McDonald would've won by over 100 easily.
So 78 isn't running it up. I guess we have a difference of opinion when it comes to good sportsmanship.
Old 12-10-16, 01:51 PM
All Ohio

the oracle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE DEVIL 81 View Post
I'll sleep fine. What is your point? McDonald had 111 pts at the end of 3 Q's and the starters sat the whole 4th Q.
The game was over at halftime. 44 points in the 3rd quarter? How about walking the ball down the floor? Making a few extra passes before shooting? Playing zone or a soft man-to-man on defense? Wasn't at the game, but can only assume based upon the score.
Old 12-10-16, 04:02 PM
All American

Exclamation

Quote:
If someone done that to Mickey D, you'd been yelling at them!!! Then again, I've seen the attitude of Mickey D posters in the past.
Old 12-10-16, 05:24 PM
All World

kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused View Post
So 78 isn't running it up. I guess we have a difference of opinion when it comes to good sportsmanship.
When it could've been over 100 yeah it isn't running it up. Should McDonald have started shooting in Columbiana's baskets to make the score not as bad? The last 5 guys available to play added 10 points to the lead in the 4th quarter. There is only so early you can pull your players, especially early in the year when you need to get conditioning up, rotations figured out etc. he's still coaching and still got to do what's best for his team first.
Old 12-10-16, 05:28 PM
All World

Quote:
If someone done that to Mickey D, you'd been yelling at them!!! Then again, I've seen the attitude of Mickey D posters in the past.
No I wouldn't. McDonald has gotten crushed before. Kirtland beat them by 57 in the playoffs a few years ago, and not once did I think oh Kirtland is bad sportsmen they should've kept the score down. Heck, they could've put 80 up and there would've been no problem. I would be disappointed by the effort to let that happen on McDonald's end, to let that happen. But no, I wouldn't get but hurt that McDonald got whooped.

But don't worry, just like your Dogs got crushed on the gridiron for 3 straight years, I'll much enjoy when it happens on the hardwood this year and come on here and see how it was close at halftime lol
Old 12-10-16, 05:32 PM
All Region

beaker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
These running up the score complaints are getting old and tiresome!

I've seen Blue Devils get blown out. In a much more embarrasing atmosphere, at the Canton Fieldhouse in the regional final against Berlin Hiland. Lost by around 50. Another example was a few years back in the District Final to St. Thomas. Lost by 40. I can't speak for Kingpin but this McDonald fan did not complain about the score being run up then. We just couldn't stop them. You tip your hat and move on and try to get better.
Old 12-10-16, 05:42 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker View Post
These running up the score complaints are getting old and tiresome!

I've seen Blue Devils get blown out. In a much more embarrasing atmosphere, at the Canton Fieldhouse in the regional final against Berlin Hiland. Lost by around 50. Another example was a few years back in the District Final to St. Thomas. Lost by 40. I can't speak for Kingpin but this McDonald fan did not complain about the score being run up then. We just couldn't stop them. You tip your hat and move on and try to get better.
Not one time will I ever complain about the score getting run up, I'll just be disappointed that McDonald let that happen.
Old 12-10-16, 08:02 PM
All Ohio

the oracle
Either some posters on this thread have never coached, or they simply don't get it. Most likely everybody outside of the city of McDonald gets it. A coach can effectively control any game he/she has a clear advantage in if they want to. Obviously they have to make an adjustment in their playing style and philosophy, but the kids still dribble, pass, shoot, rebound, and play defense. You never know, down the road, this style of play may be required in order to close out a game. No sense in embarrassing g the opposing players and their coach in my opinion. A 95-45 score would bring about that 50 point differential that has been mentioned. Clearly shows dominance.
Old 12-10-16, 09:00 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by the oracle View Post
Either some posters on this thread have never coached, or they simply don't get it. Most likely everybody outside of the city of McDonald gets it. A coach can effectively control any game he/she has a clear advantage in if they want to. Obviously they have to make an adjustment in their playing style and philosophy, but the kids still dribble, pass, shoot, rebound, and play defense. You never know, down the road, this style of play may be required in order to close out a game. No sense in embarrassing g the opposing players and their coach in my opinion. A 95-45 score would bring about that 50 point differential that has been mentioned. Clearly shows dominance.
You already said you weren't at the game so you have no idea how it was managed.

No point in arguing about this anymore, no need to defend. Think all you want they ran up the score, cool. I'll just sit back and enjoy what looks like a great season

Last edited by kingpin2010; 12-10-16 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-10-16, 09:59 PM
All Ohio

bluedevild41 is on a distinguished road
I'm sure Columbiana walked away with their participation trophies too. He asked his rotation to play as hard as they could for three quarters and that's what they did! He doesn't owe anyone anything! You guys have been on here for years complaining about his style of coaching but what has your team done to stop them from playing that way? Instead of giving props for how well they move the ball and get off quick shots you'd rather complain about the score! 44 points in the 3rd quarter? Incredible! Could've gone scoreless in the 3rd and they still would have won by 34 points!
Old 12-11-16, 07:57 AM
All American

Exclamation

Quote:
Nothing like gloating.
Old 12-11-16, 12:01 PM
All American

hoophi55
If nothing else Coach Rasile has personally improved the term "PLAY HARD". Its used in virtually every sports team jargon. If you can convince 15,16,17 & 18 yr old kids to believe that slogan you have improved basketball in the Valley. This is not a H.S. hotbed for great hoops.
Old 12-11-16, 06:12 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker View Post
Other than playing blue tier teams twice this year is McDonald obligated to play the other teams in the league once. All they have out of league on schedule is Niles and Girard. Why don't they put more quality teams on schedule. Unless no room too cause of scheduling requirements. Curious to see how they schedule with new league. Need to play better teams to take it to next level.
Just checked Schedule star has games against Girard, Lisbon, Champion, and Lordstown for OOC next year
Old 12-11-16, 06:28 PM
All American

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
McDonald makes it to Columbus.
Old 12-11-16, 06:36 PM
Junior Varsity

OhioHSBasketballFan is an unknown quantity at this point
McDonald

McDonald beating teams by 75+ points. Maybe the other teams need to get better? If they didn't play their starters in the 4th then stop crying about a good team playing their style and playing well.

McDonald going to states? Quite possibly but check out Cornerstone and Lutheran East playing VASJ, St. Eds, St. Ignatius, Mentor, Garfield Hts.,..... they will not be winning games by 75 points but they will be ready for anyone in the tournament.

Don't forget about Malvern in that region. They have two GREAT players and were very good last year.

Wellington will be very strong at States in D4 but this region looks tough.
Old 12-11-16, 06:48 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioHSBasketballFan View Post
McDonald beating teams by 75+ points. Maybe the other teams need to get better? If they didn't play their starters in the 4th then stop crying about a good team playing their style and playing well.

McDonald going to states? Quite possibly but check out Cornerstone and Lutheran East playing VASJ, St. Eds, St. Ignatius, Mentor, Garfield Hts.,..... they will not be winning games by 75 points but they will be ready for anyone in the tournament.

Don't forget about Malvern in that region. They have two GREAT players and were very good last year.

Wellington will be very strong at States in D4 but this region looks tough.
The region will certainly be tough and it looks like the same 4 that made it last year are strong favorites to return. McDonald led Lutheron East last year through 3 quarters but then collapsed when LE started to make their run and faltered down the stretch. Cornerstone won state last year so they obviously have a talented squad and Malvern almost beat Cornerstone so that speaks to how good Malvern is.
Old 12-11-16, 06:52 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
McDonald makes it to Columbus.
Would love it but the regionals will be insanely tough. As I stated in the other post, Cornerstone is defending D4 champs, Malvern almost beat Cornerstone and Lutheron East did beat them in the regular season. So that's 3 teams that last year were arguably state championship caliber in Canton. It'll be tough for whoever makes it from canton to Columbus. That's a long ways ahead though, McDonald just needs to worry about getting better each game, integrating the 2 players who haven't played yet into the rotation and them gelling, and then getting through the district. All that needs done before dreaming of Columbus.
Old 12-11-16, 08:14 PM
All American

hoophi55
McDonald is not a Regional championship team but it is the leader for a Struthers District Championship. Also Malvern has already lost a game. Cornerstone has lost to Lakewood St Eds , BUT I believe Cornerstone can make it back to Columbus.
Old 12-11-16, 08:29 PM
All District

pete penny is on a distinguished road
Heard that Lutheran East added a couple of big time players to an already
good team.
Old 12-11-16, 09:06 PM
All District

SliceLikeAHammer is on a distinguished road
Gteat. Let's get ready for another year of whining about margin of victory. This is the same nonsense that got the horrible "running clock" rule implemented in football, so why not try it in basketball?

Perhaps once the opposing teams fans feel that their feelings are hurt or their players are tired, the clock can start running? After the game, Dairy Queen for all!!
Old 12-11-16, 09:06 PM
Junior Varsity

OhioHSBasketballFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Cornerstone will lose plenty of games this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoophi55 View Post
McDonald is not a Regional championship team but it is the leader for a Struthers District Championship. Also Malvern has already lost a game. Cornerstone has lost to Lakewood St Eds , BUT I believe Cornerstone can make it back to Columbus.
Lost to Cleveland Hts. by 3
Lost to St. Eds
Garfield Hts. will beat them
Mentor will beat them
There schedule in Miami is very difficult, that is at least one loss

LE, Aquinas, Bedford, Orange, Gilmour, Revere, Chagrin Falls are all pick 'em games.

The "easy" games are Edgewood (D1), Harvey (D2), NDCL (D2), Garaway (D3), University (D2), Beachwood (D3)

May only win 11-15 games.

I saw them against a very very good Cleveland Hts. team and they only lost by 3. Still, this is not going to be a Bristol, Mcdonald, Lincoln View D4 team that finishes the regular season with 18+ wins.