Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-13-17, 01:28 PM
All Ohio

wrestling125 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=eliwes;6764785]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman112 View Post

Mattox and Carr wont be in the same wt class next year and being Mattox was up 2 wt classes I think he goes 145. Carr will stay at 152 and Brady goes 160 imo.
First, you say that Paddy may not make the Ed's lineup and now you are guaranteeing that Mattox, Carr, and Brady will not be in the same weight class. You really need to read what you type before you post it buddy!
Old 05-13-17, 01:47 PM
All American

mailman112 is on a distinguished road
Wrestling125 you quoted the wrong guy. I didn't say that.
Old 05-16-17, 01:59 PM
All Ohio

wrestling125 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wrestling125 you quoted the wrong guy. I didn't say that.
Sorry buddy did not mean to do that
Old 05-23-17, 12:19 AM
All American

CuriousGeorge1 is on a distinguished road
Looks like quite few guys qualified for Fargo via a regional. This opens up more spots for kids from Ohio. I know of many a coach who appreciates that effort.
Old 06-15-17, 03:30 PM
All American

Dover looks big. And good. I know Ohio has some real studs at 152-160 right now, you will get no debate from me there, but Dover is about as under rated as an Ed's wrestler can be. Andonian looks like he is going to be moving up quite a bit as well. Kids grow, who would have thunk it. I don't think that those two (and others) moving up multiple weight classes is a bad thing either. There seemed to be a bit of a logjam down low, most notably at 113 last year. I think this actually makes the lineup stronger.
Old 06-16-17, 10:11 AM
All Ohio

Huge is on a distinguished road
Yes but. I hear O-Lib will be stacked.
Old 06-16-17, 05:47 PM
All District

craftAmaniac is on a distinguished road
All that really matters is who wins - Graham or Eds
I have Graham this year
Old 06-17-17, 12:57 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=wrestling125;6764826]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post

First, you say that Paddy may not make the Ed's lineup and now you are guaranteeing that Mattox, Carr, and Brady will not be in the same weight class. You really need to read what you type before you post it buddy!
never used the word guarantee I posted Mattox at 145, Carr at 152 and Brady at 160 followed by imo. what didn't you understand?
Old 06-27-17, 01:11 PM
All American

Ed's vs Blair on January 26th. Could be for a national title!
Old 06-30-17, 07:13 AM
All American

Fantastic news!

I posted my thoughts on the revival of the rivalry with Blair academy on the thread dedicated to that dual. However, I feel I should also post here as well because I am so excited. Just wonderful news!

I realize this might mean taking a potential "L." But, you gotta beat the best to be the best and St. Edward has never been shy about their goal of being the absolute very best. There is little to no doubt St. Edward will be a decided underdog in several duals next year, particularly against Blair and Buchanan, but I never count out St. Edward on the wrestling mat. The Sophomore/Freshmen classes this last season have the potential to be special their senior season. If the incoming Freshmen class is as good as has been rumored, than I like their chances in the future as these hard working kids continue to improve.

Prior to adding this dual, the schedule was already perhaps the most challenging in Ohio. Now, with the addition of a head to head dual with Blair, the reigning National Champion, this pushes the schedule into rarefied air. Very impressive in many ways. Hats off to coaching staff for continuously finding new ways to challenge the very best the country has to offer.

I also really appreciate the emphasis made recently to add big duals to the schedule. The constant two day tournaments are brutal on the kids and inevitably lead to injuries. The staff has taken an analytical approach to number and type of matches each individual kid wrestles and being in Dual Tournaments rather than individual tournaments gives the coaching staff much more flexibility in that department. It will be interesting to see the impact of this type of schedule. It is a significant change from the 90's and 2000's in which basically every single weekend was a big 2 day tournament, I know this isn't an actual schedule and I am combining then all into one for added effect, but it seemed excessive going something like St. Ignatius dual, Reno TOC/Ironman, Beast, Powerade, Cheesehead/Dvorak, MIT, then a home Tri, then a home Super Quad, followed by the Blair Dual, a week off, then Sectionals, Districts, and last but not least the State Championship. Just brutal.

Last edited by CuriousGeorge1; 06-30-17 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-30-17, 12:13 PM
All Ohio

Huge is on a distinguished road
This schedule reflects the confidence and high expectations they have for next year. They have been favoring quality of quantity for years. Essentially each match is like the finals without the wear and tear of the preliminaries. Plus you can wrestle 2 kids at a single weight ( in a multi-dual format) as I expect there to be at least 3-4 situations similar to Hepner/Richter last year where both wrestlers are state placer caliber. This keeps everyone learning and developing and keeps them happy and committed to the team. Plus it doesn't matter if they lose any of these duals. It's all about competing and then getting as many wrestlers on the podium in Columbus.
Old 07-16-17, 05:11 AM
All American

Rough first day for Hepner up at 126. Hepner was in the State finals at 113 just a short few months ago. Normally, we see wrestlers drop a weight class for Fargo from their regular season weight class. That of course, is if they did not already hit a growth spurt like young high school boys are prone to do. Which we have already seen from several Eagle wrestlers this off season.

I had heard Hepner up to 132 was a real possibility for next season and him competing at 126 in Fargo is very telling. That is a big weight jump. He will have an adjustment period, but a wrestler with his talent will be fine regardless of what weight class he eventually settles into.
Old 07-16-17, 06:00 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge1 View Post
Rough first day for Hepner up at 126. Hepner was in the State finals at 113 just a short few months ago. Normally, we see wrestlers drop a weight class for Fargo from their regular season weight class. That of course, is if they did not already hit a growth spurt like young high school boys are prone to do. Which we have already seen from several Eagle wrestlers this off season.

I had heard Hepner up to 132 was a real possibility for next season and him competing at 126 in Fargo is very telling. That is a big weight jump. He will have an adjustment period, but a wrestler with his talent will be fine regardless of what weight class he eventually settles into.
good example is when andonian bumped up 2 weight classes. At 106 he could roll around and pin from any position not anymore. eds will have a log jam in the low to middle weights so its going to be interesting this season.
Old 07-16-17, 03:47 PM
All American

I had heard Hepner up to 132 was a real possibility for next season and him competing at 126 in Fargo is very telling. That is a big weight jump. He will have an adjustment period, but a wrestler with his talent will be fine regardless of what weight class he eventually settles into.[/QUOTE]

Almost zero chance of Bryce going 32.
Old 07-16-17, 03:51 PM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
I have to agree with Mailman. If Hepner can't make 126, I can't see him beating Kazimir or Andonian for a spot at 32 or 38; I assume Kaz and Andonian will occupy those 2 weights in some fashion.
Old 07-18-17, 04:43 PM
All American

Quote:
Almost zero chance of Bryce going 32.[/QUOTE]

I would have agreed with you no questions a couple months ago. However, him competing at 126 at Fargo was a big weight increase and the season is still a long ways away. I used to always just assume one or in some cases a two weight class increase every year as the rule. However, that has been proven wrong now many times.

I will say from watching the matches on Flo (I'm not out there) that Bryce Hepner does not look like a "big" 126 right now at all, but that could be misleading because of the competition.

You think it's a zero percent chance though? What if Kazimir stays at 126 and Andonian goes to 138. I could see 132 as a natural spot for him to fall into. I don't know and I am usually wrong. So, we shall see. I agree with you though the lineup will be much stronger than most people think.
Old 07-19-17, 09:40 AM
All American

You think it's a zero percent chance though? What if Kazimir stays at 126 and Andonian goes to 138. I could see 132 as a natural spot for him to fall into. I don't know and I am usually wrong. So, we shall see. I agree with you though the lineup will be much stronger than most people think.[/QUOTE]

Curious if I had to guess right now Kaz is going 38 Bryce 32 Hepner 26. Paddy will have to go 45. The line up you see at the IM will not be the line up that wrestles SPG or Blair. IMO. By mid January this team will be much improved IF healthy.
Old 07-20-17, 08:10 AM
All American

Quote:
You think it's a zero percent chance though? What if Kazimir stays at 126 and Andonian goes to 138. I could see 132 as a natural spot for him to fall into. I don't know and I am usually wrong. So, we shall see. I agree with you though the lineup will be much stronger than most people think.
Curious if I had to guess right now Kaz is going 38 Bryce 32 Hepner 26. Paddy will have to go 45. The line up you see at the IM will not be the line up that wrestles SPG or Blair. IMO. By mid January this team will be much improved IF healthy.[/QUOTE]

Fenton, Disabato, Heil, Rosselli, Fields, North, Breeding, Ward, Tagg will all be in the mix from 120 to 132. eds best shot will be Hepner 120, Andonian 126 and Kazimir 132, Paddy 138 imo.
Old 07-23-17, 10:04 PM
All American

Quote:
Curious if I had to guess right now Kaz is going 38 Bryce 32 Hepner 26. Paddy will have to go 45. The line up you see at the IM will not be the line up that wrestles SPG or Blair. IMO. By mid January this team will be much improved IF healthy.
Fenton, Disabato, Heil, Rosselli, Fields, North, Breeding, Ward, Tagg will all be in the mix from 120 to 132. eds best shot will be Hepner 120, Andonian 126 and Kazimir 132, Paddy 138 imo.[/QUOTE]

Ed's best shot? For what? A team title? I'm not sure who is even the biggest threat next year in DI. Elyria will be pretty good, but I don't think think can replace their upper weight scoring from the last couple years. OLib will be tough, but they also lost a lot of fire power that will be very difficult to replace. Perry will have some studs along with Brecksville, but I'm not sure about the depth.

This is the first time in several years that I haven't seen anyone predict a school other than St. Edward as the DI title favorite around this time. Last year it was Olib, the year before Elyria, this year has been quiet in that regards.
Old 07-24-17, 06:00 AM
All American

Quote:
Fenton, Disabato, Heil, Rosselli, Fields, North, Breeding, Ward, Tagg will all be in the mix from 120 to 132. eds best shot will be Hepner 120, Andonian 126 and Kazimir 132, Paddy 138 imo.

Ed's best shot? For what? A team title? I'm not sure who is even the biggest threat next year in DI. Elyria will be pretty good, but I don't think think can replace their upper weight scoring from the last couple years. OLib will be tough, but they also lost a lot of fire power that will be very difficult to replace. Perry will have some studs along with Brecksville, but I'm not sure about the depth.

This is the first time in several years that I haven't seen anyone predict a school other than St. Edward as the DI title favorite around this time. Last year it was Olib, the year before Elyria, this year has been quiet in that regards.[/QUOTE]

best shot to win individual titles in those wt classes. also to be the best team in ohio
Old 07-24-17, 06:50 AM
All Region

roughedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:

This is the first time in several years that I haven't seen anyone predict a school other than St. Edward as the DI title favorite around this time. Last year it was Olib, the year before Elyria, this year has been quiet in that regards.
best shot to win individual titles in those wt classes. also to be the best team in ohio[/QUOTE]
Dover and Howard has shot at a titles.
Old 07-24-17, 09:03 AM
All American

Quote:

best shot to win individual titles in those wt classes. also to be the best team in ohio[/QUOTE]

i think you will hear soon Elyria is filling some upper weight holes. One will be with a state placer. Elyria will be VERY good from 06-60. Elyira and O Lib will be in the hunt. I don't think they have enough for a state title.
Old 07-24-17, 04:26 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
best shot to win individual titles in those wt classes. also to be the best team in ohio
Dover and Howard has shot at a titles.[/QUOTE]

agree. I think dover has to go 145 to win a title. Snodgrass. brady, carr. mattox, craig, beechem will be in the middle weights..
Old 07-24-17, 06:06 PM
All Ohio

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Dover and Howard has shot at a titles.
agree. I think dover has to go 145 to win a title. Snodgrass. brady, carr. mattox, craig, beechem will be in the middle weights..[/QUOTE]

Craig?
Old 07-25-17, 11:13 AM
All Ohio

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmalice View Post
agree. I think dover has to go 145 to win a title. Snodgrass. brady, carr. mattox, craig, beechem will be in the middle weights..
Craig?[/QUOTE]

Connor Craig, Elder graduated but there is Chris Donathan, Mason.
Old 07-28-17, 01:13 PM
All American

Why is this thread's quoting format screwed up? It keeps showing the quote people are trying to quote in regular text and we quote the previous statement as being written by the person who responds in the next reply. Perhaps a Mod can clean that up.
Old 07-30-17, 10:10 AM
All District

pintowin27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Craig?
Connor Craig, Elder graduated but there is Chris Donathan, Mason.[/QUOTE]

Chris Donathan fresh off of getting that AA status at Fargo so I would for sure not sleep on him! Also Marsh will be a burden in those middle weights so I'm very excited to see where all these kids end up!
Old 07-30-17, 02:55 PM
All World

MPhillips is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why is this thread's quoting format screwed up? It keeps showing the quote people are trying to quote in regular text and we quote the previous statement as being written by the person who responds in the next reply. Perhaps a Mod can clean that up.
Maybe folks still don't know how to quote. My guess. It's not just here either.
Old 08-01-17, 11:16 AM
All Region

Dead Issue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Craig?[/QUOTE]

Don't under estimate Dover or the Eds staff. This one is the real deal.
Old 08-02-17, 02:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPhillips View Post
Maybe folks still don't know how to quote. My guess. It's not just here either.
No, I know how to quote and I have several messed up looking posts on this very thread.

Ah well, it appears to be working "normal" again now.