Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-27-17, 12:56 PM
Junior Varsity

winglessangel is on a distinguished road
Blair-St. Ed's back in business

Blair and Easton will wrestle St. Edward's on January 26,2018 at Wyoming Seminary. Blair wrestles Seminary on January 19, at Blair. I assume Easton and St. Edward's will wrestle Seminary also.Both Blair and Ed's are loaded.They resume their rivalry after a 2 or 3 year hiatus. I don't know the strength of the Easton squad.The Pennsylvania location seems like a logical choice for Blair and Ed's to meet on a yearly basis. Wrestling fans have been "cheated" the past few years with these 2 rivals meeting only at the Ironman.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-17, 01:08 PM
All American

mailman112 is on a distinguished road
Ed's will wrestle Blair on the 26th. Saturday Ed's will wrestle Seminary and Bergen. I believe a national title could be on the line Friday night when Blair and Ed's meet.
Should be a great match.
Old 06-28-17, 10:21 AM
All World

bdhof is on a distinguished road
I would really enjoy seeing Ed's beating The Evil Empire, but I think they are a year away from being able to pull that off. Blair is loaded this year while Ed's is reloading. Regardless, it's great to see the duals between these two great programs back on track.
Old 06-28-17, 10:39 AM
All American

I agree would be an upset for sure. However, by Jan 26th this team just might be ready to shock some people. Health as always will play a huge part.
Old 06-29-17, 06:22 PM
All American

CuriousGeorge1 is on a distinguished road
Wow! This is excellent news! Some of the absolute best duals I have ever witnessed were between these two schools. Normally, following the same script. Blair #1 after an Ironman or Beast win, while St. Edward was still getting into top form because of a lengthy football run, young wrestlers filling key lineup positions, injuries, whatever... Blair, at least under Coach Buxton, always treated the Ironman as "THEE" event of the year, and he coached to peak there with obviously fantastic results. St. Edward as we all know, wants to win the Ironman just as badly. However, the staff always coaches to peak for State series and state titles specifically, also with obviously fantastic results. The dual being towards the end of the year, we would often see the earlier result flipped or at least a lot closer and sometimes ended in absolute storybook fashion. I've never even been to a college dual where the energy was comparable (I have to admit to never attending a big match at Carver. However, Carver for a big dual is on the bucket list).

I was worried with Coach Buxton being gone that this dual would never come back. Blair has an exceptionally hard time getting anyone to come and wrestle at their facility. St. Edward and Blair always had a home and home series for this very unique rivalry. It might seem crazy to travel to New Jersey for one dual, but Coach Urbas considered the dual to be a true highlight and wanted to wrestle the best competition, if that meant going to New Jersey, so be it. The immense respect the two programs and coaches have had for each other over the years kept the series alive for significantly longer than most thought possible. The home and home series of course was forced to change when Ohio changed the out of State travel rules a couple years after the "Lebron James traveling circus" in the early 2000's. The programs were able to make it work for a few years using East Stroudsburg University, which is in Pennsylvania, but very close to Blair (14 miles according to Google Maps) for the years Blair was to host. This was problematic though for a couple reasons, the biggest being, while it was fairly close, it wasn't actually AT BLAIR's home facility. Blair had now lost one of their only home events and this was a big event to bring back alumni as well as future students to watch. Their gym is small and their fan base is unique, it was nothing like a big dual at St. Edward, but it was a home event for them and they lost it. Which is completely understandable to be upset about, especially when Blair was still coming every other year to dual St. Edward in Ohio. Also, by this time, as much as it pains me to say, Blair was the top dog by a wide margin and St. Ed's was just another challenger (maybe not JUST ANOTHER challenger, but you know what I mean). So, Blair asked that every other year St. Edward follow through with the original agreement and come to New Jersey and wrestle in their home gym or they would no longer come to Ohio every other year to dual at St. Edward. This of course would mean, no Reno, no Beast of the East, No Cheesehead or now the preferred travel event for St. Ed's, no Clash, just to preserve a single dual series. The rule states you can only go to one event "beyond a continuous State" each year, to use that one trip just to dual one team, no matter how great of a rivalry, was too much to sacrifice every other year for the program. So, that is what created the void the last few years. A void that I am very glad will be filled. Blair may be on another level than St. Edward on paper right now, but you can ask any Blair guy who has been around for awhile and they will tell you they always get nervous when in a dual with an elite Ohio team, particularly when it is in Ohio. I don't know what their actual record is anymore, but for awhile, over a decade, the only place Blair had lost or even be seriously challenged in any way, shape, or form was in Ohio. That is of course because of the Ironman, Walsh, St. Edward, and obviously now St. Paris Graham. I know Blair will be a heavy favorite next year, but this past year's Sophomore class combined with this year's Freshmen and the incoming Freshmen have a chance to be sensational and perhaps challenge the juggernaut that Blair has undeniably become over the last two decades.

Regardless of being a heavy underdog next year, I am very excited about this announcement! I do still wish it was a home and home a little bit, just because when St. Edward's gym is rocking for a big dual, it is truly a sight to behold. However, this is the next best alternative and hopefully continues for awhile.

Edit: My words made my thoughts confusing. So, I changed some words and fixed some spelling errors.

Last edited by CuriousGeorge1; 06-30-17 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-29-17, 10:06 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
Blair is going to be THE No. 1 team in the country this coming year. Their biggest problem is going to be clearing the log-jam in the front third of their lineup.

High end wrestlers in that segment include Miller (NHSCA Frosh champ at 106, backup at 106 this year), Incontera (IM placer at 106, was favored to win Nat Preps but lost twice), Colaiocco (IM 3rd at 113, injured at mid-year), Trevor Mastrogiovanni (Nat Prep champ at 113, UWW Cadet FS 3/110 losing to Tagg in quarters), Travis Mastrogiovanni (incoming frosh, S32-MS/KOC/Tulsa champ), Madara (IM placer at 120, 2x Nat Prep placer, JN FS AA 2016), and Cannon (IM placer, 2x Nat Prep champ, UWW Cadet FS runner-up at 119)

Going middle-to-back you have Robinson (IM placer, Nat Prep champ), Julian Ramirez (Beast champ beating Carr), Merola (IM runner-up, 2x Nat Prep champ), Edmund Ruth (PA 2A champ/transfers in), Tarantino (Nat Prep placer), Trephan (NHSCA Soph champ at 220 transfers in)
Old 06-29-17, 10:09 PM
All Yappi

bucksman will become famous soon enough
St. Edward vs. Blair, Wyoming Seminary vs. Easton, Blair vs. Easton will be the three matches on 1/26 at Easton

St. Edward, Wyoming Seminary, and Bergen Catholic will wrestle in a straight "tri-meet" on 1/27 at Wyoming Seminary

St. Edward now goes to the Clash on a year-to-year basis
Old 06-30-17, 06:39 AM
All American

Oh yeah, no question Blair is on top of the wrestling world right now. I have heard that St. Edward had no chance to beat Blair just about every year for the last 20 years. Many of the times that has been accurate. However, that is why they wrestle the matches. Crazy stuff happens sometimes. Kids get lucky and stick a stud, particularly when young kids are working hard all off season to get better. For some reason those hard working kids tend to get lucky more times than some others.

A team will need a lot of "luck' to beat this loaded Blair squad though.
Old 06-30-17, 06:50 AM
All American

What about Buchanan though Bucksman? After watching them last year and seeing that they were losing basically no one, I thought they HAD to be a real contender for #1. In fact, I believe I posted in the St. Edward thread last season, that Buchanan was my pick to win the National Championship in the 2017-2018 season.

Obviously that was before Blair's free agency period. Which according to your post looks like Blair added at least two stud transfers in the upper weights and has a super stud incoming Freshmen lightweight. This sways my opinion away from Buchanan slightly, but Buchanan is super loaded with Seniors next season. Will Buchanan wrestle Blair at all next season?
Old 06-30-17, 08:21 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
Blair is going to be THE No. 1 team in the country this coming year.
I'm glad you cleared that up for us so we wouldn't have to follow the Ironman, Ed's / Blair dual, etc. We might as well just skip this season and start focusing on the 2018-19 season. As is usually the case, results (which are still 6 or 7 months away) don't matter nearly as much your rankings.
Old 06-30-17, 09:46 AM
All American

Quote:
St. Edward vs. Blair, Wyoming Seminary vs. Easton, Blair vs. Easton will be the three matches on 1/26 at Easton

St. Edward, Wyoming Seminary, and Bergen Catholic will wrestle in a straight "tri-meet" on 1/27 at Wyoming Seminary

St. Edward now goes to the Clash on a year-to-year basis
The Saturday match up with Wyoming and Bergen will be two great matches. I think everyone understands Ed's will be the underdog but IF healthy and at the proper weights, I think this match will be within 10 points. A lot will change between now and the 26th. I think many will be surprised who wrestles at what weights for that match only. If the Eagles believe they have a legit shot.
Old 07-01-17, 10:32 PM
Freshman

toby103 is on a distinguished road
not set in stone yet but Blair and Buchanan will likely both be at Who's #1 Duals.

also, not sure if edmond ruth is going to blair after all. i've heard he's changed his mind.
Old 07-03-17, 11:36 AM
All Ohio

falcons53 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
I would really enjoy seeing Ed's beating The Evil Empire, but I think they are a year away from being able to pull that off. Blair is loaded this year while Ed's is reloading. Regardless, it's great to see the duals between these two great programs back on track.
That's funny because many people in Ohio consider St. Edward the evil empire.

I do enjoy these matchups though. Great teams from around the country wrestling each other.
Old 07-04-17, 09:01 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons53 View Post
That's funny because many people in Ohio consider St. Edward the evil empire.

I do enjoy these matchups though. Great teams from around the country wrestling each other.
I have never heard St. Edward referred to as the "evil empire." Not in Ohio or anywhere else. Sure some DI schools have some animosity and I have heard Massilion Perry Alums and supporters refer to themselves as the Public School State Champions. I have also heard St. Edward called the Cleveland All Stars. That is about it though. The reality is St. Edward does a tremendous amount for the Ohio wrestling community and most people appreciate the effort. Also, other programs around the State have been much more flagrant in the courting of transfers and future wrestlers than in the past. I won't call out any programs by name, but it has largely helped to boost the perception of St. Edward around the State. Sure, they are still really good and people like to root against the good teams and root for underdogs, but most people recognize that St. Edward does things the right way.

Where as I have heard Blair called all sorts of negative things. Mostly all completely undeserved. I should point out that this is not by St. Edward people, who in my experience respect Blair a lot. In fact, I would say the most negative comments I have ever heard about Blair came from people in Minnesota. They had some harsh commentary about Blair and the "evil empire" moniker would have just scratched the surface. Personally, I don't love the endless stream of transfers Blair gets, but they follow the rules of their organization, provide an excellent academic foundation, and are never or very rarely caught up in scandals despite the number of high profile transfers they take it. That to me is very impressive.

St. Edward and Blair are very different. St. Edward has never taken a Senior transfer in the history of the program. Where as Blair routinely gets multiple transfers, often Seniors, every off season. Both are obviously very successful with their respective methodologies to building a team. St. Edward surely wouldn't turn away a stud wrestler who wanted to transfer to St. Edward as a Sophomore. We just don't see that happen as much at St. Edward.
Old 07-04-17, 10:06 AM
All World

I do have great respect for Blair and never should have called them The Evil Empire. As a way to apologize, I've posted a picture of them accepting the championship trophy at the Ironman last year.

Old 07-05-17, 07:54 AM
All Ohio

ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge1 View Post
I have never heard St. Edward referred to as the "evil empire." Not in Ohio or anywhere else. Sure some DI schools have some animosity and I have heard Massilion Perry Alums and supporters refer to themselves as the Public School State Champions. I have also heard St. Edward called the Cleveland All Stars. That is about it though. The reality is St. Edward does a tremendous amount for the Ohio wrestling community and most people appreciate the effort. Also, other programs around the State have been much more flagrant in the courting of transfers and future wrestlers than in the past. I won't call out any programs by name, but it has largely helped to boost the perception of St. Edward around the State. Sure, they are still really good and people like to root against the good teams and root for underdogs, but most people recognize that St. Edward does things the right way.

Where as I have heard Blair called all sorts of negative things. Mostly all completely undeserved. I should point out that this is not by St. Edward people, who in my experience respect Blair a lot. In fact, I would say the most negative comments I have ever heard about Blair came from people in Minnesota. They had some harsh commentary about Blair and the "evil empire" moniker would have just scratched the surface. Personally, I don't love the endless stream of transfers Blair gets, but they follow the rules of their organization, provide an excellent academic foundation, and are never or very rarely caught up in scandals despite the number of high profile transfers they take it. That to me is very impressive.

St. Edward and Blair are very different. St. Edward has never taken a Senior transfer in the history of the program. Where as Blair routinely gets multiple transfers, often Seniors, every off season. Both are obviously very successful with their respective methodologies to building a team. St. Edward surely wouldn't turn away a stud wrestler who wanted to transfer to St. Edward as a Sophomore. We just don't see that happen as much at St. Edward.
You say Ed's and Blair are very different and then just point to senior transfers as the only difference? They are far more similar than different. Both are expensive private institutions. Both enroll students from a broad geography and both accept transfers. Both have elite wrestling programs with a rich tradition. The fact that one may recruit from a bit larger geography or accept an upper class transfer, does not make it a different animal. It is a slight variation of the same thing.
Old 07-05-17, 10:39 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
You say Ed's and Blair are very different and then just point to senior transfers as the only difference? They are far more similar than different. Both are expensive private institutions. Both enroll students from a broad geography and both accept transfers. Both have elite wrestling programs with a rich tradition. The fact that one may recruit from a bit larger geography or accept an upper class transfer, does not make it a different animal. It is a slight variation of the same thing.
Ed's can't legally recruit* while Blair can. That's a big difference. And Blair, with boarding, costs about $60k to Ed's (no boarding) about $15k (that's a guess). With open enrollment in Ohio, Ed's is no different than SPG or other high profile teams. And SPG, while a D2 school, has beaten Ed's more often than not in the Jordan era, so Ed's can't claim the title of The Evil Empire.

*Quality programs likes Ed's and SPG attract top level athletes. They don't have to break the OHSAA recruiting rules.
Old 07-05-17, 12:42 PM
All Ohio

I was not in anyway trying to say St. Edward has done anything illegal or against OHSAA rules. I remember way back in the 80's they were called the Evil Empire by folks. Purely out of jealousy I am sure. The public vs private school issue is nothing new in Ohio and I am sure that has only increased the issue, as mentioned about Mass Perry calling themselves public school state champs. Cleveland All-Stars, Ohio All-Stars have been common statements about them, just like St. Ignatius was called in football for years as well.

Whether outright recruiting happened in building the program or not, many people will assume. I have no animosity towards St. Edward wrestling. I enjoyed competing against them. We were never in the team race, so individual success was the mark to attain. I guess if we had a few other kids in our lineup with state success and lost a team race I may feel differently. We had plenty of success against them in football, so in my mind it kind of balanced out.
Old 07-05-17, 01:06 PM
U.S. American

sehs95 is on a distinguished road
Who was the mid-season Transfer that Blair got many years ago after they had an injury to a starter? I want to say it was an upper-weight. The transfer was a stud from another east-coast prep school. This was back when St. Ed's was fairly neck-and-neck with Blair. That's when I realized Blair was operating at different level.

*Edit - Answered my own question - It was Victor Mocco (Steve's cousin), who transferred to Blair half-way through his senior season in the same weight class that Blair had suffered an injury. Still forgetting who was injured.
Old 07-05-17, 01:22 PM
All American

Quote:
I do have great respect for Blair and never should have called them The Evil Empire. As a way to apologize, I've posted a picture of them accepting the championship trophy at the Ironman last year.

You don't have to apologize for calling Blair the "The Evil Empire." They have all but embraced that nickname. I wouldn't be surprised if they have team shirts eventually with some play on that moniker. I don't know who started calling Blair "The Evil Empire," but I have now heard Blair referred to as "The Evil Empire" in about a dozen States in person and it is becoming almost common on many message boards.

Interestingly enough, Blair is the opposite of an Empire as far as the size of the program. Blair normally has about 30 kids, give or take, on their team any given year. A quick glance at their roster online currently shows only 21 wrestlers. I should point out, that 21 number, does not include any of their graduates from the 2017 class or post grads. I know they did not have many Seniors this year, but I can think of at least three (Singletary, Mosco, and Sherman). However, the hometowns of their starting lineup are often spread out across the country and this year was no exception. Their Ironman lineup featured at least 6 different home States. The coaching staff is talented and highly skilled, but similar to their roster size is kept lean. They only list 5 coaches total as a part of the program.

St. Edward on the other hand may have double or even triple the number of kids on the roster as Blair some years, 79 wrestlers listed on the online roster this last year. Also, 3 or 4 times the number of coaches on the staff, 18 listed for St. Edward online in some capacity. St. Edward at one point had 5 teams out competing in various events on the same weekend and 4 out competing on any given weekend is all but standard now, including a 2nd varsity team which wrestles a full varsity schedule.

Blair's head coach, Brain Antonelli deserves a lot of credit for getting this done. Coach Antonelli was willing to accommodate St. Edward and come wrestle in Pennsylvania. Blair could have held St. Edward's feet to the fire and forced them to come and wrestle at Blair in New Jersey, to fulfill the original agreement between the two programs, before agreeing to renew the series in any way. St. Edward technically still owes Blair two home duals before Blair should ever come back to Cleveland. I know Coach Antonelli is aware that if it wasn't for the State of Ohio changing the travel restrictions the uneven number of home matches would never have occurred. I don't know Coach Antonelli what so ever, but Coach Urbas is one of the most stand up men I have ever met. So, I'm sure some sort of agreement was met that left the two programs on good terms even though their dual series was forced to be shelved for awhile.

I'm just glad it is back.
Old 07-05-17, 04:00 PM
All Ohio

Divided42 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Going middle-to-back you have Robinson (IM placer, Nat Prep champ), Julian Ramirez (Beast champ beating Carr), Merola (IM runner-up, 2x Nat Prep champ), Edmund Ruth (PA 2A champ/transfers in), Tarantino (Nat Prep placer), Trephan (NHSCA Soph champ at 220 transfers in)
And that right there is why Blair is the Evil Empire and wins a majority of the time. Every year they bring in 2+ non freshman studs to fill holes in their lineup. This year it's Ruth and Trephan. When St Ed's has a hole in the lineup they fill it with a backup from last year, same thing with SPG. For instance when was the last time SPG had a heavyweight place at Ironman? Be nice for them to cherry pick a stud every year. It's also why these ridiculous current weight classes help programs like Blair and Seminary more than anyone else.
Old 07-06-17, 09:00 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons53 View Post
I was not in anyway trying to say St. Edward has done anything illegal or against OHSAA rules. I remember way back in the 80's they were called the Evil Empire by folks. Purely out of jealousy I am sure. The public vs private school issue is nothing new in Ohio and I am sure that has only increased the issue, as mentioned about Mass Perry calling themselves public school state champs. Cleveland All-Stars, Ohio All-Stars have been common statements about them, just like St. Ignatius was called in football for years as well.

Whether outright recruiting happened in building the program or not, many people will assume. I have no animosity towards St. Edward wrestling. I enjoyed competing against them. We were never in the team race, so individual success was the mark to attain. I guess if we had a few other kids in our lineup with state success and lost a team race I may feel differently. We had plenty of success against them in football, so in my mind it kind of balanced out.
OK, you're right. Ed's was The Evil Empire back in the late 70s to late 80s when they won 10 straight D1 titles from 78-87 and several national titles in that span. I think it was the summer of 87 that a young pilot named Luke Skywalker destroyed the Deathstar (Ed's weapon of mass destruction). From 88-96 Ed's won 2 titles (89 & 92) over the course of 9 years, most of those years being bested by Walsh Jesuit. And while they won again in 97, that team lost to D2 champ Walsh Jesuit in a dual, the first year Walsh was moved to D2. While Ed's has won nearly every D1 title since 97, SPG has beaten Ed's more times than not since Jordan has taken over that program in 2002 (I think). So, I think The Evil Empire moniker worked for Ed's well in that late 70s to late 80s span, but not since that time. They still clearly are the best D1 program in Ohio, and regularly one of the top 5 programs in the country nearly every year.

Here's a picture of Ed's accepting the State Championship trophy back in 1987.

Old 07-06-17, 01:53 PM
All Ohio

Huge is on a distinguished road
I think"evil" is in the eye of the beholder and often refers to a seemingly unbeatable foe such as Patriots, Yankees, Bama or tOSu and now, of course. The Warriors. Blair is in a unique situation because of geography and transfers and post grads and is more in line with Hargrave Military Avademy for other sports. Wyoming Seminary is the only thing close . But Blair attracts very big money families and sends a ton to Ivy League schools so they are more than a wrestling factory. Those families are about more than wrestling they are the 1% and they seek nothing less than world domination. I am much more envious of that than their mythical national wrestling championships. I say envious and not jealous because they are free to do so and I think we all do everything within our means to help our kids. Not a criticism just an observation.
Old 07-06-17, 02:55 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
I think"evil" is in the eye of the beholder and often refers to a seemingly unbeatable foe such as Patriots, Yankees, Bama or tOSu and now, of course. The Warriors. Blair is in a unique situation because of geography and transfers and post grads and is more in line with Hargrave Military Avademy for other sports. Wyoming Seminary is the only thing close . But Blair attracts very big money families and sends a ton to Ivy League schools so they are more than a wrestling factory. Those families are about more than wrestling they are the 1% and they seek nothing less than world domination. I am much more envious of that than their mythical national wrestling championships. I say envious and not jealous because they are free to do so and I think we all do everything within our means to help our kids. Not a criticism just an observation.
Take out OSU and replace with Penn State and your argument holds more water.

I agree that people are probably more envious than jealous. Many families would trade places if given the chance, but it is easier to question, ridicule and call foul.
Old 07-11-17, 01:19 PM
All World

Flo's pre-season rankings have come out and Blair has 7 wrestlers ranked while Ed's has 2, and SPG has 6. Here's their ranked wrestlers:

Blair
106 Miller 9th
113 Mastrogiovanni 14th
120 Colaiocco 10th
126 Cannon 19th
138 Robinson 3rd
160 Merola 5th
170 Ramirez 2nd

Eds
145 Dover 18th
220 Howard 11th

SPG
120 Crace 11th
138 Moore 2nd
145 Stickley 17th
152 Jordan 10th
160 Thomas 17th
195 Braun 20th

I think I got everyone. If I missed some or ranked them wrong, I'll edit it.
Old 07-16-17, 04:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Flo's pre-season rankings have come out and Blair has 7 wrestlers ranked while Ed's has 2, and SPG has 6. Here's their ranked wrestlers:

Blair
106 Miller 9th
113 Mastrogiovanni 14th
120 Colaiocco 10th
126 Cannon 19th
138 Robinson 3rd
160 Merola 5th
170 Ramirez 2nd

Eds
145 Dover 18th
220 Howard 11th

SPG
120 Crace 11th
138 Moore 2nd
145 Stickley 17th
152 Jordan 10th
160 Thomas 17th
195 Braun 20th

I think I got everyone. If I missed some or ranked them wrong, I'll edit it.
I think everyone agrees that St. Ed's is a year away from being able to match up with Blair or SPG on paper.

It think everyone would also agree that those rankings are a little premature at least as far as weight classes are concerned. Once lineups/rosters are a little more clear and the wrestlers have settled into their new weight classes and have some opportunities to add some high caliber victories onto their respective resumes. Then, I think you could see 4-8 wrestlers ranked for St. Edward. Which would make the potential matchup much closer and in a year or two, we could realistically see an Ohio team knock off Blair again. It has been too long.
Old 07-16-17, 03:49 PM
All American

Ranking are fun and we all love them but doesn't mean much once you take the mat. I don't see Ed's beating Blair this year but I do see another very close dual with SPG. Ay least as we stand today. A lot will change before January.
Old 07-17-17, 09:16 PM
All Ohio

stonewallJ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGeorge1 View Post
Oh yeah, no question Blair is on top of the wrestling world right now. I have heard that St. Edward had no chance to beat Blair just about every year for the last 20 years. Many of the times that has been accurate. However, that is why they wrestle the matches. Crazy stuff happens sometimes. Kids get lucky and stick a stud, particularly when young kids are working hard all off season to get better. For some reason those hard working kids tend to get lucky more times than some others.

A team will need a lot of "luck' to beat this loaded Blair squad though.
Beat 'em in 2007 and imo beat them in 2012 (Bright had the TD)