Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Rate the movie "Spider-Man: Homecoming"
10 0 0%
9 3 60.00%
8 0 0%
7 0 0%
6 0 0%
5 0 0%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-17, 12:41 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
"Spider-Man: Homecoming"

Rate and review the movie "Spider-Man: Homecoming"

Several months after the events of Captain America: Civil War, Peter Parker, with the help of his mentor Tony Stark, tries to balance his life as an ordinary high school student in Queens, New York City while fighting crime as his superhero alter ego Spider-Man as a new threat, the Vulture, emerges.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-17, 06:53 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
The scene with the car ride to the dance may be one of my favorite scenes from any Marvel movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-17, 10:12 PM
GO MIDDIES

Middie 85 Alum is on a distinguished road
I thought it was the best spiderman of the series. I give it a 9. If you go and see it and like to wait for the end of credit scenes, then leave after the first one. The 2nd one takes a long time to get it and all you see is Cpt. America telling you that you just wasted your time.
Old 07-08-17, 10:16 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Probably see this on Monday. Hoping it's worth the wait.
Old 07-09-17, 06:48 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Probably see this on Monday. Hoping it's worth the wait.

I think it's important to know what to expect.

It's not your typical superhero movie. The first half of the movie definitely captures the John Hughes high school dramedy vibe they were going for.

The movie itself has a much smaller feel than your other superhero movies. He's not fighting a world crisis.

Old 07-09-17, 10:35 AM
GO MIDDIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
I think it's important to know what to expect.

It's not your typical superhero movie. The first half of the movie definitely captures the John Hughes high school dramedy vibe they were going for.

The movie itself has a much smaller feel than your other superhero movies. He's not fighting a world crisis.

Panther is correct, but this Spiderman movie is a reboot and starting over and Spiderman is a super hero in training and not truly ready for fighting the ultimate evil super hero. I am sure that will come in the next avenger movie.
Old 07-10-17, 08:48 AM
All Region

whachutalkinbout is on a distinguished road
I thought this new version was pretty good. Not as good as Spider-man 2 but certainly as good as the very first movie and better than most of the others.

Holland was great as a teenaged Peter/Spider-man. Keaton was fantastic as the villain.

What I didn't like was Stark providing Spiderman's iconic suit. I would have preferred if Parker created his own suit and web shooters at the end of the movie when he turned down the Avenger invite to show he is totally not dependent on any Stark tech.

The movie lacked Peter's interaction and Spiderman's interaction with J. Jonah Jameson. It is hard to have a Spiderman movie without that. Hopefully it will be in the sequel.

Aunt May is too young. Stark is too much of a mentor. Ben Parker's motto and death are Peter's motivation early on so I didn't care for Peter using Stark's words to help him get out of the rubble.

Too many people know who Spider-Man is. Happy knows, Peter's friend knows, the Vulture knows and at the end Aunt May knows. I don't care for that. It is hard for Peter to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders alone when he now has so many people he can potentially confide in. That is one part that makes Spiderman 2 so great.

I hope the MJ in this film is not Mary Jane. If so, that kind of sucks too.

I didn't like that everyone at Peter's school are nerds or tech geeks. I get STEM schools exist but a huge part of early Spiderman is Peter not fitting in. He fits in pretty well at this school and the casting of Flash was terrible.

These are nitpicky things but they can cause the sequel to go down like Spiderman 3 or Amazing Spiderman 2. It is important to stick to the canon (including race) for subsequent movies to not only do well at the box office but to stem off killing the franchise or forcing another re-boot.
Old 07-10-17, 09:13 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
I hope the MJ in this film is not Mary Jane. If so, that kind of sucks too.

they've already confirmed she isn't.
Old 07-10-17, 09:26 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
they've already confirmed she isn't.
Really? All I've seen is vague suggestions either way. Also in IMDB, she has no last name when almost every other character does.

I have no problem with Peter having this new MJ as a love interest in the sequel as long as he eventually gets with Gwen and then the real MJ in later movies.
Old 07-10-17, 12:44 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by whachutalkinbout View Post
Really? All I've seen is vague suggestions either way. Also in IMDB, she has no last name when almost every other character does.

I have no problem with Peter having this new MJ as a love interest in the sequel as long as he eventually gets with Gwen and then the real MJ in later movies.

I've seen her referred to as Michelle Jones (MJ) but don't know if that is official.

But yea Feige confirmed the other day that she is not Mary Jane Watson or any variation of her. Michelle is a completely new character.

Old 07-10-17, 02:55 PM
GO MIDDIES

Quote:

Aunt May is too young. Stark is too much of a mentor.

I didn't like that everyone at Peter's school are nerds or tech geeks. I get STEM schools exist but a huge part of early Spiderman is Peter not fitting in. He fits in pretty well at this school and the casting of Flash was terrible.

These are nitpicky things but they can cause the sequel to go down like Spiderman 3 or Amazing Spiderman 2. It is important to stick to the canon (including race) for subsequent movies to not only do well at the box office but to stem off killing the franchise or forcing another re-boot.
The reason Aunt May is younger is because Spiderman was younger and if he fit in so well, then he would not have been called Penxs Parker and people at the party would not have acted like he was invisible by most of the students except his future date when he walked in the house

Last edited by Middie 85 Alum; 07-10-17 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-10-17, 03:35 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
I thought this new version was pretty good. Not as good as Spider-man 2 but certainly as good as the very first movie and better than most of the others.

Holland was great as a teenaged Peter/Spider-man. Keaton was fantastic as the villain.

What I didn't like was Stark providing Spiderman's iconic suit. I would have preferred if Parker created his own suit and web shooters at the end of the movie when he turned down the Avenger invite to show he is totally not dependent on any Stark tech.

Stark is too much of a mentor.

Personally I think it's the best Spider-Man movie easily. Not only that but it's just a good movie period regardless of genre.

Stark was a mentor in the comics though and did indeed provide a suit. This Spider-Man is more faithful to the comics than the previous ones IMO.

Speaking of canon, fans are pushing for a Miles Morales Spidey film and I think it's pretty much a guarantee at some point.
Old 07-10-17, 04:26 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
They are in the middle of making an animated movie with Miles Morales.

Old 07-10-17, 06:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middie 85 Alum View Post
The reason Aunt May is younger is because Spiderman was younger and if he fit in so well, then he would not have been called Penxs Parker and people at the party would not have acted like he was invisible by most of the students except his future date when he walked in the house
Aunt May was always much older than Peter, even when he was in high school. Peter views her more like an elderly person in need of care. This Aunt May is too young.

He was called names but fit in quite well with the STEM school environment. It is better when jocks pick on him not some twerp he could beat up even without spider powers. It's a shame they changed Flash and the school.

I liked it overall, these are just some stuff that I did not like that they changed that take away from some stuff that goes into what makes Spider-Man who he is.
Old 07-10-17, 06:12 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
Personally I think it's the best Spider-Man movie easily. Not only that but it's just a good movie period regardless of genre.

Stark was a mentor in the comics though and did indeed provide a suit. This Spider-Man is more faithful to the comics than the previous ones IMO.

Speaking of canon, fans are pushing for a Miles Morales Spidey film and I think it's pretty much a guarantee at some point.
Again, I liked it very much but Peter made his original iconic looking costume, not Stark. Stark may have given him an up grade like 20 years after he was around but not his original suit like they show in this movie.

While Stark is somewhat of a mentor, Spidey has a long time learning how to be a hero before Stark comes along and uses his Uncle Ben's motto and death way more than any advice from Stark.

https://www.wired.com/story/spider-m...mance-history/

Last edited by whachutalkinbout; 07-10-17 at 06:33 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: