Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-19-17, 10:16 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
His lawyer is alleging he may have been killed.

Between him, the Facebook murderer and the guy who hoped the rail in Youngstown a couple of weeks ago, the system has definitely saved some money.
Credit to Trump !
Old 04-19-17, 10:29 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Mass deletions itt
Old 04-19-17, 10:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Mass deletions itt
Well, that's dumb.
Old 04-19-17, 10:37 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I was surprised there was so much made of his acquittal last week. He was serving life anyway? What's the point?
..........Saved the taxpayers a bunch of money .......
I'm not popping the champagne cork yet. He didn't save us that much money - in fact, he wasted a bunch of it on this last trial and aquittal.

Yeah, I didn't understand the fuss, either. It's like a guy on death row for one murder, and then they find him guilty of an unrelated murder and he gets the death penalty again. Coals to Newcastle.
Old 04-19-17, 10:46 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
I'm not popping the champagne cork yet. He didn't save us that much money - in fact, he wasted a bunch of it on this last trial and aquittal.

Yeah, I didn't understand the fuss, either. It's like a guy on death row for one murder, and then they find him guilty of an unrelated murder and he gets the death penalty again. Coals to Newcastle.

Prosecutors don't just drop a murder case because the defendant is guilty of another crime. That would be stupid regardless of hoe much money it costs the public. Their objective is to get a conviction and close the case. If the Hernandez won his appeal of the first trial and the prosecutors decided not to try him on the second, Hernandez would probably be released. So it's useful to get a conviction for both cases. Anything else would be negligent on the part of the state.
Old 04-19-17, 10:54 AM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Two separate instances where I've mentioned cabe's cringe-inducing desperation to impress ted and it's been deleted by the mods. Someone is sensitive.
Old 04-19-17, 11:07 AM
All American

WinstonSmith is on a distinguished road
Why would that be deleted anyway?
Old 04-19-17, 11:07 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Two separate instances where I've mentioned cabe's cringe-inducing desperation to impress ted and it's been deleted by the mods. Someone is sensitive.
I think that was collateral damage. I was grateful that I learned another hip, young term - "friend-zoned"
Old 04-19-17, 11:08 AM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Greeny is lost without Golic.

Booger is subbing and making excuses for Hernandez's life, Greeny is wondering if the Pats should cancel their White House visit today, "...because Trump is so controversial anyway,.......and Kraft did renew Hernandez at $40million..."

WTF is wrong with these people ?

Some dead scumbag led a double life. So what ? What if Brady was a cross-dressing bondage homo on the side ? (just for you, Ted ) They had no idea. He was gone from the team as soon as the news was confirmed. He hasn't played a snap for years. Idiot liberal mind-set is amazing.
? There are still players on the team who were friends with him? He was a murderer but that's still someone's son/fiancée/friend/brother etc.
Old 04-19-17, 11:08 AM
All Yappi

We all know that the real reason is me calling e_p on his "daddy issues".....so starved for even negative attention.....
Old 04-19-17, 11:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
? There's are still players on the team who were friends with him? He was a murderer but that's still someone's son/fiancée/friend/brother etc.
The teammate bond can be "family" strong, but in my case, I would have been "grieving the loss" of my teammate from the moment that it became obvious that he was a murderer with a double life. How much more so due to the fact that he lived that life for the rush. He had all the money he really needed. I probably would have wept when it became inescapable that he was really just a maggot, had we been close.

My morals aren't relative to relationships. I don't care how close we had been. He would have "died" in my heart years before. Swinging in that cell was just a formality.
Old 04-19-17, 11:17 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
We all know that the real reason is me calling e_p on his "daddy issues".....so starved for even negative attention.....
That was probably deleted for stupidity. A rare feat on yappi. Congratulations!
Old 04-19-17, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
Why would that be deleted anyway?
Maybe one of these users is actually Tom Brady, and I offended him joking about Ted's disdain for him....
Old 04-19-17, 11:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
The teammate bond can be "family" strong, but in my case, I would have been "grieving the loss" of my teammate from the moment that it became obvious that he was a murderer with a double life. How much more so due to the fact that he lived that life for the rush. He had all the money he really needed. I probably would have wept when it became inescapable that he was really just a maggot, had we been close.

My morals aren't relative to relationships. I don't care how close we had been. He would have "died" in my heart years before. Swinging in that cell was just a formality.
I could see you crying. Good post!
Old 04-19-17, 11:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
That was probably deleted for stupidity. A rare feat on yappi. Congratulations!
Is BcB modding this thread ?
Old 04-19-17, 11:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Is BcB modding this thread ?
Why? Does he usually delete your posts for stupidity?
Old 04-19-17, 11:47 AM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post

It's sad we have people in the world like this, but we do. Maybe somehow the trial last week triggered something in him that he finally won something, and it was time to go. Other sad part is we have alot of states who don't have death penalties, so we have so many guys who just live in prison for life, 3 squares a day, medical taken care of, and it all falls on the backs of the taxpayer.
Old 04-19-17, 12:01 PM
All District

#Hashtag is on a distinguished road
From Twitter .....

"At least he died doing what he enjoyed; killing."
Old 04-19-17, 12:04 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
No death penalty on the Commonwealth.
Old 04-19-17, 12:23 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Prosecutors don't just drop a murder case because the defendant is guilty of another crime. That would be stupid regardless of hoe much money it costs the public. Their objective is to get a conviction and close the case. If the Hernandez won his appeal of the first trial and the prosecutors decided not to try him on the second, Hernandez would probably be released. So it's useful to get a conviction for both cases. Anything else would be negligent on the part of the state.
Correct, of course. I was just bitching, so don't confuse me with facts.

I need to get back into "Law & Order" mode .........
Old 04-19-17, 01:53 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
An interesting twist is that Hernandez goes to the grave without a murder conviction. I remember a while back when some murderer scumbag ended up with his full VA death benefit because his case was on appeal when he died in prison. In Massachusetts, it's not considered a conviction until at least the initial appeal is concluded.

I think it'll still be on his resume when he gets in the hell express line, but it's clean of his "official record."
Old 04-19-17, 02:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
An interesting twist is that Hernandez goes to the grave without a murder conviction. I remember a while back when some murderer scumbag ended up with his full VA death benefit because his case was on appeal when he died in prison. In Massachusetts, it's not considered a conviction until at least the initial appeal is concluded.

I think it'll still be on his resume when he gets in the hell express line, but it's clean of his "official record."
I wonder if he accepted Jesus Christ as his savior before he died and is in heaven?
Old 04-19-17, 02:20 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I wonder if he accepted Jesus Christ as his savior before he died and is in heaven?
Suicide is the ultimate rejection of Christ. At least in the Catholic Church, suicide is one of, if not the most, unforgiveable sins.
Old 04-19-17, 02:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Suicide is the ultimate rejection of Christ. At least in the Catholic Church, suicide is one of, if not the most, unforgiveable sins.
I heard his lawyer suggested he may have been murdered.
Old 04-19-17, 04:27 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Likely got his daughter some money too, assuming he had a life insurance policy.
Even though he committed suicide? You sure about that?

He would have had to have got that policy a while ago, before any of this trouble started.

With his background and being on trial and clearly having thugs out there wanting him dead, any insurance company that gave him that policy would be idiots.
Old 04-19-17, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Hmmmmmm...

"When officials at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Massachusetts responded to Aaron's cell Wednesday morning, the verse John 3:16 was scribbled above his eyes, this according to WBZ Boston. The passage, of course, is key to Christianity: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Hernandez had written the verse on his forehead using a blood red marker, says FOX 25. His Bible in his cell was open to that verse."
Old 04-19-17, 04:35 PM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
The way suicides are treated has changed:

The Church teaches that suicide is wrong; it is contrary to the Fifth Commandment. It is an action that runs counter to the proper love of self, as well as love for God, the giver of life. We are stewards of our lives, not owners. The person who takes his or her own life also wrongs others — those who remain experience loss, bewilderment, and grief. You won’t find anything in that teaching about going to hell.

Pity, not condemnation, is the response of the Church. Prayers are offered for the deceased. Mass is celebrated. Burial with dignity, in consecrated ground, is provided for one who dies this way. Not that long ago, Christian burial was denied to those who took their own lives. There may have been another denial at work in those days, too — denial of our inability to understand the pain. We assumed that those who chose to take their own lives were acting freely and under no psychological distress or illness. Or worse, there may have been a denial of responsibility to try to understand the pain.

http://www.catholicdigest.com/articl...ide-go-to-hell
Old 04-20-17, 06:27 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Even though he committed suicide? You sure about that?

He would have had to have got that policy a while ago, before any of this trouble started.

With his background and being on trial and clearly having thugs out there wanting him dead, any insurance company that gave him that policy would be idiots.
Yes, as you said he would have had it while ago. It wouldn't surprise me if he got one when he entered the league, which is quite common. I wouldn't be shocked if he himself got one when knocked his girlfriend up in 2012. I'm not sure how long a policy would have to be in effect for, but I assume 5 years would be long enough. 2012 was before anything really came out, not sure how any insurance company could know any of this.
Old 04-20-17, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/04/1...investigation/

I can't say he's not in heaven today. (I for-sure don't buy the Purgatory thing)

His application of scripture in his life appears a bit shaky, but only God knows his heart. The Bible makes it clear that God meets each of us where we are at emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.

I know one thing - right now, at this moment, he has a better shot at heaven than you would appear to have.
Old 04-20-17, 12:57 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Aaron Hernandez had “John 3:16” written on his forehead when his body was found in his prison cell early Wednesday morning, an official tells the Boston Globe.

The passage, which is among the most oft-cited from the Bible, reads “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

Hernandez was no stranger to marking his body with religious references. He had “God forgives” tattooed on one of his arms next to an image of a gun, a tattoo that prosecutors contended was a confession during Hernandez’s double murder trial earlier this year.

Hernandez’s apparent suicide is now being investigated by the Massachusetts state medical examiner’s office and is being overseen by the Worcester District Attorney and the Department of Corrections, the paper reported.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-h...153051058.html

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: