Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-22-18, 01:13 PM
All World

serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Just hope they done overlook SE this weekend and peak to Kirtland.
I hope they peak to A game against Kirtland, but not peek toward them too early.
Old 11-22-18, 02:25 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What did MSML JV and JH look? Will it just be a small hiccup in their machine?
More like a huge belch. The Flyers like Coldwater (the last couple of years ) will not have the talent they have had the past 5 seasons, it was bound to happen. One player who if he stays healthy that will be exciting to watch is Peyton Otte a freshman who starts at corner for the varsity. In the play off game against Coldwater, Otte int. a pass, than on the 1st play from scrimmage following the int. caught a 44 yd. td pass ( believe it was his 1st reception on the season ). I expect Otte to have quite the work load on offense the next 3 seasons.
Old 11-23-18, 08:39 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Will be interesting to see what kind of offense the Flyers run next season. Will it be a RPO with Otte at QB, maybe Muhlenkamp at QB in an I or spread formation. This is what makes Goodwin such a good head coach, he takes the athletes he has and forms his offense around those athletes instead of the other way around. Case in point last year against Coldwater in the play offs the Flyers probably did not even have 50 yds. passing, this season just the opposite as ML came out throwing and had almost 300 yds. passing. In HS football you just don't see very many successful teams have that type of diversification on offense. Just wish he would work on the xp kicking game more.
Old 11-23-18, 08:52 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Will be interesting to see what kind of offense the Flyers run next season. Will it be a RPO with Otte at QB, maybe Muhlenkamp at QB in an I or spread formation. This is what makes Goodwin such a good head coach, he takes the athletes he has and forms his offense around those athletes instead of the other way around. Case in point last year against Coldwater in the play offs the Flyers probably did not even have 50 yds. passing, this season just the opposite as ML came out throwing and had almost 300 yds. passing. In HS football you just don't see very many successful teams have that type of diversification on offense. Just wish he would work on the xp kicking game more.
That is what makes Coach Goodwin as good as it gets.
As a coach you have your general offensive scheme but then you have to evolve that around the talent you have. They do not re engineer their offense but instead make some adjustments to get the most out of what they have.

I would look for them to start a little slower than normal but by the time week 7-8 rolls around they will be very good.
Old 11-23-18, 10:36 AM
Varsity

ru4ml is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What did MSML JV and JH look? Will it just be a small hiccup in their machine?
I would say stirred it will be between a hiccup and a belch. Our 8th grade was a
decent 6-2 while I heard Friday nite the JV only lost one game??? Not sure what
the freshman did. So not undefeated seasons in all that we sometimes have but
not too bad...Definitely will be a drastic drop off in skilled players, outside of the development of Otte, but then the talent of Bruns to Tangeman or Rethman don't come around too often......
Old 11-23-18, 03:01 PM
All Region

CJK84 is on a distinguished road
I believe ML has quite often had 11 seniors on the field for offense this season - could be a significant drop in production next year, at least for the first half of the season.

Outside of P Otte I don't know if there will be a special player in the entire Flyer program, but there should be numerous solid athletes willing to work hard, it's a team sport, and Goodwin will almost certainly make a winner out of what he's got to work with.

Possibly moving down to D-VII would help ML come playoff time.

And I agree that Anna and FR will be tough teams to beat next year - it could be kind of refreshing to see new faces at the top of the conference (yes I know Anna was already at the top this year). FR has never beaten ML nor Coldwater, so one or both of those streaks could come to an end.

And let's not forget Versailles. A new coach combined with an undefeated freshmen team and 8-2 jv squad in '18 could turn things around in '19. And other than perhaps the senior class the Tigers will likely have a large roster.

I think ML, after starting out somewhat flat, will beat SE 33-6 tonight.
Old 11-23-18, 03:10 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK84 View Post
I believe ML has quite often had 11 seniors on the field for offense this season - could be a significant drop in production next year, at least for the first half of the season.

Outside of P Otte I don't know if there will be a special player in the entire Flyer program, but there should be numerous solid athletes willing to work hard, it's a team sport, and Goodwin will almost certainly make a winner out of what he's got to work with.

And I agree that Anna and FR will be tough teams to beat next year - it could be kind of refreshing to see new faces at the top of the conference (yes I know Anna was already at the top this year). FR has never beaten ML nor Coldwater, so one or both of those streaks could come to an end.

And let's not forget Versailles. A new coach combined with an undefeated freshmen team and 8-2 jv squad in '18 could turn things around in '19. And other than perhaps the senior class the Tigers will likely have a large roster.

I'd like to also see the progression of New Bremen over the next few years. Fort Recovery probably wins the league next year. Anna will be a fighter. Marion will be alright. We'll probably be the same. Good luck tonight!
Old 11-23-18, 11:30 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

the Flyers Defense had plenty of youngsters on it....and The Cats return plenty of experience next year...lots of lineman returning and skilled players....
Old 11-25-18, 02:06 PM
All Region

Captain_Cavman is on a distinguished road
For 16 consecutive years now, (2003 - 2018), the MAC has put a team in the Ohio High School State Football Championship Game.

6 of those years produced 2 MAC School State Champs.

1 year had 3 MAC School State Champs

Only 1 year in that span, (2009), there was not a MAC school as State Champ.

Not too shabby.
Old 11-25-18, 04:27 PM
All Region

CJK84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cavman View Post
For 16 consecutive years now, (2003 - 2018), the MAC has put a team in the Ohio High School State Football Championship Game.
Additionally, the MAC was represented in all six years from 1996-2001, winning a single title five times.

1996 SH loses to Mogadore in 3OT
1997 DSJ wins
1998 DSJ wins CW loses
1999 DSJ wins
2000 ML wins CW loses
2001 ML wins

So it's been 22 of the past 23 years.
Old 11-25-18, 08:38 PM
All Region

Captain_Cavman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Additionally, the MAC was represented in all six years from 1996-2001, winning a single title five times.

1996 SH loses to Mogadore in 3OT
1997 DSJ wins
1998 DSJ wins CW loses
1999 DSJ wins
2000 ML wins CW loses
2001 ML wins

So it's been 22 of the past 23 years.