Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-19-18, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Watch the liberal media and the Dems heads explode when the vote is held. Assuming they don't get to 2 or 3 Republicans to break the party.
Old 09-19-18, 08:21 AM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Agreed. This women has no right to place conditions on her testimony. As it is the republicans have bent over backwards to offer her multiple ways in which to testify and tell them her side of the story.

This is a delay tactic pure and simple. The hope is the democrats will take back the Senate and then they can kill the Kavanaugh nomination the old fashioned way. Even though taking back the Senate is a long shot the GOP should not play this game.

Hold the committee vote Tomorrow and vote to confirm Kavanaugh next week. Or simply skip the committee vote and vote Kavanaugh in next week in a full Senate vote. Anything less and the republicans can kiss a big part of their base goodby.
Kavanaugh or bust? Stop being such a drama queen.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-18, 08:22 AM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
If the Rs do not support this nomination and get Kavanaugh confirmed, then I will have pulled the lever at voting time for a candidate with an R by their name for the last time.
Old 09-19-18, 08:26 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
No it doesn't.

* The republicans used a procedural trick and process argument to delay having to vote on the Obama nominee until after the presidential election. They did not try to destroy the nominee.

* This is now the THIRD time since Reagan that the democrats have attempted to DESTROY the person the republicans nominated to the SCOTUS in order to derail or delay their confirmation vote.

The difference is obvious.
Save me with the finger pointing and the violin playing! When you have the majority of the Republican Party agreeing to do everthing they can to make sure the new president, Barack Obama, is unsuccessful., how anti American is that? They voted down EVERYTHING President Obama puf up. Even things tbey were in favor of. So ALL you guys need to stop witb the complaining crap. Repubs do messed up crap too. There are a whole list of things that you turn blind eye to. You guys have on Conservative blinders on and refuse to see these things!
C' MON MAN!!!
Old 09-19-18, 08:47 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Save me with the finger pointing and the violin playing! When you have the majority of the Republican Party agreeing to do everthing they can to make sure the new president, Barack Obama, is unsuccessful., how anti American is that? They voted down EVERYTHING President Obama puf up. Even things tbey were in favor of. So ALL you guys need to stop witb the complaining crap. Repubs do messed up crap too. There are a whole list of things that you turn blind eye to. You guys have on Conservative blinders on and refuse to see these things!
C' MON MAN!!!
Wah. Want some cheese with that whine?
Old 09-19-18, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
They took Bill Cosby down after 35 years It doesn't matter to some people how long its been.
Bill Cosby took Bill Cosby down.
Old 09-19-18, 08:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentornado View Post
no republicans just denied to vote on a supreme court nomination to block his nomination and left the seat open for over a year. now they are in rush to fill a seat with their pathetic nominee
Pathetic nominee? He seems to be very well qualified for the job.
Old 09-19-18, 09:25 AM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
They took Bill Cosby down after 35 years It doesn't matter to some people how long its been.
You sure see life with a specific set of blinders on. Cosby took himself down. Funny you act like you must love Bill Cosby when the black community was pissed off at him for years because he had the balls to call out the black ghetto lifestyle as detrimental to moving forward. He criticized the sagging pants, he criticized ebonics etc. and was being called all kinds of names by the black community because he was doing it. You were probably one of them who was pissed off at his message to get out of the ghetto mind frame.
Old 09-19-18, 09:32 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Pathetic nominee?
That's a dog whistle for "not a communist."
Old 09-19-18, 10:25 AM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA70PP View Post
If the Rs do not support this nomination and get Kavanaugh confirmed, then I will have pulled the lever at voting time for a candidate with an R by their name for the last time.
no offense but that is a dumb proclamation.
Old 09-19-18, 11:04 AM
All Region

2manyBats is on a distinguished road
I'm more Interested in why no one brings up - Sherrod Brown

He was an adult when his Ex wife to be filed Assault charges and had a restraining order placed on him.

If he's OK to be in Office after he did this - and Court Records show this as FACT

Then why is this 35 + years ago High School Kids Issue being discussed

Last edited by 2manyBats; 09-19-18 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-19-18, 11:16 AM
All Ohio

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
So do you think there are still people not covered? Do you think anyone in this country can’t go to an ER and get treatment? Educate yourself
Since you are big on education here is more details

The Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) requires hospitals to treat anyone who comes in with a serious condition that requires stabilization. Its defined as follows

a condition manifesting itself by acute symptoms of sufficient severity (including severe pain) such that the absence of immediate medical attention could reasonably be expected to result in placing the individual's health [or the health of an unborn child] in serious jeopardy, serious impairment to bodily functions, or serious dysfunction of bodily organs.”

Hospitals will and do go after these patients for payment. The payment they seek is full price, not the discounted prices most of us benefit from via insurance. Obviously many of these people cannot pay, but it does not stop collection calls and credit score impact (I know these freeloaders probably have lousy credit scores anyway)

If an ER deems the condition not dire (i.e. doesn't require stabilization), then they turn these people away. So people without health care coverage are in fact not getting treated for a number of medical issues which are not deemed critical.
Old 09-19-18, 11:21 AM
All Region

2manyBats is on a distinguished road
I heard the CEO of the Cleveland Clinic on Fox Business Channel state... " 61% of payments are coming in from the Government" and this is going up at the rate of 2 or 3 points a year.

Just so you have More Info
Old 09-19-18, 01:07 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob22 View Post
Kavanaugh or bust? Stop being such a drama queen.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
The Dems are drama queens. "We must stop everything to investigate a 35 year old accusation with no evidence or corroboration. Oh and by the way we knew about this back in July but held onto it for a Sept surprise."
Old 09-19-18, 02:58 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Do some voting booths actually have a lever to pull? I never voted on one that did, and often hear the phrase.
Old 09-19-18, 03:07 PM
All Yappi

dado6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Do some voting booths actually have a lever to pull? I never voted on one that did, and often hear the phrase.
He is probably confusing it with the slot machines he plays, which is not a bad comparison as most of our votes are a gamble at best
Old 09-19-18, 03:13 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So you'll vote for Dems instead? If Kavanaugh isn't confirmed, it will be because a few Republicans broke from the party, not because of the Republican party at-large.

Don't be such a drama queen.
Old 09-19-18, 04:09 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Sounds like Susan Collins has had about enough of this sht. Pretty sure she'll vote aye.
Old 09-19-18, 04:24 PM
All American

Altor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Gotta agree with the others. This is the red state equivalent of "I'm moving to Canada if .... "
Old 09-19-18, 04:27 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
So you'll vote for Dems instead? If Kavanaugh isn't confirmed, it will be because a few Republicans broke from the party, not because of the Republican party at-large.

Don't be such a drama queen.
He could always turn to the man from Aleppo
Old 09-19-18, 04:56 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyBats View Post
Brett Kavanaugh's mother was the judge on a house foreclosure case that appears to be the accuser Christine Blasey Ford's parents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyBats View Post
I also hear a Reported $26K in Political Donations
In the interest of fairness, both of these things are false. The importance of not believing everything you read on Facebook.
Old 09-19-18, 05:21 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post

The Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) requires hospitals to treat anyone who comes in with a serious condition that requires stabilization. Its defined as follows

a condition manifesting itself by acute symptoms of sufficient severity (including severe pain) such that the absence of immediate medical attention could reasonably be expected to result in placing the individual's health [or the health of an unborn child] in serious jeopardy, serious impairment to bodily functions, or serious dysfunction of bodily organs.”

Hospitals will and do go after these patients for payment. The payment they seek is full price, not the discounted prices most of us benefit from via insurance. Obviously many of these people cannot pay, but it does not stop collection calls and credit score impact (I know these freeloaders probably have lousy credit scores anyway)

If an ER deems the condition not dire (i.e. doesn't require stabilization), then they turn these people away. So people without health care coverage are in fact not getting treated for a number of medical issues which are not deemed critical.
And? You don't think doctors and hospitals should be paid for their services? You don't think a doctor is in a position to decide if something is a dire condition or not? You do understand that if the situation is not dire, then the individual does have the ability to seek out medical treatment that closer matches their ability or will to pay.
Old 09-19-18, 05:30 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post

A physician has to do a history and physical exam to determine that. That's what every ER patient is entitled to. They are not required to treat your high cholesterol or high blood pressure in an ER, nor should they be. There are plenty of Federal clinics employing residents or physicians volunteering their time that will see people. The ER is not the appropriate setting.
Old 09-19-18, 05:56 PM
All American

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Pathetic nominee? He seems to be very well qualified for the job.
He seems to be very well qualified for the job, to those that are dead from the neck up
Old 09-19-18, 06:01 PM
All American

goldentornado is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
At this point it is an unproven allegation. It's that whole innocent until proven guilty thingy you struggle to understand.
you did imply that it was a false allegation. i know you will try to parse words and spin your way out of that.
Old 09-19-18, 06:05 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
you did imply that it was a false allegation. i know you will try to parse words and spin your way out of that.
It certainly hasn't been proven to be true.... so at this point it is an unproven allegation.
Old 09-19-18, 06:07 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He seems to be very well qualified for the job, to those that are dead from the neck up
If he frustrates you this much, he must be a great choice!
Old 09-19-18, 06:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
So where do his qualifications fall short in your estimation?
Old 09-19-18, 06:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
In the interest of fairness, both of these things are false. The importance of not believing everything you read on Facebook.
I thought the foreclosure story was true except that kavanaughs mom ruled in favor of Ford's parents thus eliminating the revenge theory? Have to admit ...haven't followed that story too closely.
Old 09-19-18, 06:36 PM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
no offense but that is a dumb proclamation.
Hell, I'm almost 80. How many more elections do I have to worry about?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: