Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-17-18, 06:49 PM
All Region

MichaelPat is on a distinguished road
Fox News w/Bret Baier tonight said that Kavanaugh contends he wasn't even at that party and she very well might have him confused with someone else. Many studies have shown that old memories can be very different from what actually occured. I can remember about 4 things clearly outside of football from HS. I certainly can't remember which parties I might have attended or any specifics about events at those parties. If she is proven to be lying or misstating events in any way (not sure how that can happen) I hope they throw the book at her (they won't)
Old 09-17-18, 07:08 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Pretty sure I was at a party with this chick when I was in HS, so long ago, but she looks familiar
Old 09-17-18, 07:59 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelPat View Post
Fox News w/Bret Baier tonight said that Kavanaugh contends he wasn't even at that party and she very well might have him confused with someone else. Many studies have shown that old memories can be very different from what actually occured. I can remember about 4 things clearly outside of football from HS. I certainly can't remember which parties I might have attended or any specifics about events at those parties. If she is proven to be lying or misstating events in any way (not sure how that can happen) I hope they throw the book at her (they won't)
I hear you MP! All the memories of the party's I attended in HS and for that matter in college, are a jumbled mess in which everything is blended together.
Old 09-17-18, 08:05 PM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
I wish a consertative male or female would accuse Shumer of sexual harassment from 80 years ago because he has to be around 110 years old and make him defend himself and see how he likes it.
Old 09-17-18, 08:14 PM
All World

Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Collins has made comments that suggest she is very suspicious of the timing of all this - which is good. The other 3 better get in line and back the nominee.
One of the four is getting ready to crap in your cheerios.
Old 09-17-18, 08:45 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliotine View Post
One of the four is getting ready to crap in your cheerios.
I hope not. Given the circumstances and quality of this accusation it will be hard for them to justify it as the reason for not approving Kavanaugh. But then again the republicans have some pretty cowardly and vindictive people so who knows.

I can say that among my republican friends if they don't confirm Kavanaugh the anger directed at the party will be something fierce.
Old 09-17-18, 09:41 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
By the way, I used to travel a lot. I'm pretty sure I was travelling somewhere when some woman tried to rape me while I was drunk. She's become very big in the Democrat party like a Senator. Could've been a dude though. Maybe a couple. Whatever's worse. I've kept my silence, but if she were to ever run for President I'd have to speak up.

Sept 17, 2018.

You guys remember this in case I need witnesses.
#MeToo
Old 09-18-18, 12:10 AM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
By the way, I used to travel a lot. I'm pretty sure I was travelling somewhere when some woman tried to rape me while I was drunk. She's become very big in the Democrat party like a Senator. Could've been a dude though. Maybe a couple. Whatever's worse. I've kept my silence, but if she were to ever run for President I'd have to speak up.

Sept 17, 2018.

#MeToo
Probably one of the most moronic, unfunny posts you’ve given us the misfortune of reading.
Old 09-18-18, 05:16 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Probably one of the most moronic, unfunny posts you’ve given us the misfortune of reading.
Good luck to the Dems in future appointments if this is the standard. A he said/she said from 36 years ago is kinda hard to prove/disprove. But if the Democrat/Lib lady says its so then its so. I suppose two can play that game if they want the US to look like a crazy sh**h***.
Old 09-18-18, 05:36 AM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
No sense of humor?
Old 09-18-18, 07:04 AM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Sept 17, 2018.

#MeToo
Liberals are pretty good at trashing and burning their enemies, er accusers.
Old 09-18-18, 08:48 AM
All District

toledomansfield is on a distinguished road
if republicans fail to nominate an eminently qualified judge, please explain to me why I should vote for them?
Old 09-18-18, 08:52 AM
All District

toledomansfield is on a distinguished road
i sent this to Sherrod brown. it is redacted to remove my identity and that of another person. what do you think?

"Back in 2007, a woman, Michelle, told me that you were worthy of my vote. You were a good and honorable man. I am a republican. A teacher. I work at High School. I am at home today because there is a federal fugitive loose in my area and my kids school was cancelled. I decided to stay at home to protect my children.

I know that you are a democrat. That doesn't make you unreasonable. Even you can see the inherent unfairness of what Judge Kavanaugh is being put through. Who could answer this charge in this environment from that long ago? Could you? How can you decide who is telling the truth? Is an accusation enough to say someone can't be a supreme court justice? What if she is credible? What if he is also credible?

I know we live in a contentious time. Does that mean the qualified people can't be supported? Do you have to do what your party tells you? Your advise and consent responsibilities do not mean you can only support like minded judges. That should be the LAST thing to consider. Ruth Bader Ginsburgh was nominated 96-3 because she was well qualified. Judge Kavanaugh is well qualified.

Michelle said you were a good man. Are you still?
Old 09-18-18, 08:56 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledomansfield View Post
if republicans fail to nominate an eminently qualified judge, please explain to me why I should vote for them?
Because your other choice is the Democrats? or Independents I guess. BTW like your letter.
Old 09-18-18, 09:15 AM
All American

Heavy Hitter 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What is so moronic about it? That pretty much what her letter says. So if he is moronic then you agree her letter is moronic.
Old 09-18-18, 09:22 AM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
She will be a hero of the left and the MSM whether or not he is confirmed and will likely benefit financially from coming out. Yes, she is so very brave.
Uh, me thinks they will move on from her within 3 weeks and she will be relegated to the 'used' pile. Deep down, the left has zero sincerity and little allegiance to anything, except political power.
Old 09-18-18, 09:30 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Because the only thing liberals laugh at is the pain and suffering of people who disagree with them.
Old 09-18-18, 10:07 AM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Are you guys serious? You guys are really up in arms over this? Isn't this just gamenship? Republicans sat back and delayed the voting of President Obama's nominee, Merrick Gaand. I guess rhey couldn't find "dirt" on him so they didn't bother to vote. So stop with all of this!!
Old 09-18-18, 10:10 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Good luck to the Dems in future appointments if this is the standard. A he said/she said from 36 years ago is kinda hard to prove/disprove. But if the Democrat/Lib lady says its so then its so. I suppose two can play that game if they want the US to look like a crazy sh**h***.

LMAO!!!! You guys are killin me!! So rhe Repubs are abovs doing something like this?.....NOT!!!! LOL
Old 09-18-18, 10:17 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
LMAO!!!! You guys are killin me!! So rhe Repubs are abovs doing something like this?.....NOT!!!! LOL
No attempting to ruin a person's life is not "gamesmanship" and I'm sure JUDGE Garland is doing just fine.
Old 09-18-18, 11:12 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Are you guys serious? You guys are really up in arms over this? Isn't this just gamenship? Republicans sat back and delayed the voting of President Obama's nominee, Merrick Gaand. I guess rhey couldn't find "dirt" on him so they didn't bother to vote. So stop with all of this!!
Don't think you have any idea of the level of anger the games being played on the left are causing those who are center /right. This is the type of crap that will cause me to pause greatly before voting for even a local Democrat, which I often do. But if someone is going to affiliate themselves with the national tactics of the left, I am not going to support a local D because the national D party wins in that case. Again, for those of us who pay attention to where our political system is headed, the actions on the left just insured many independent voters will be looking away from the Democratic party this November.
Old 09-18-18, 11:27 AM
All American

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
For once, the FBI is right. Assuming the "victim" is truthful? There is no crime here, that the statute of limitations hasn't expired for. If this were reported to the police, the complainant would be told that to be investigated "crimes" have to be reported in a timely manner!

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2901.13

Last edited by DB135; 09-18-18 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-18-18, 11:30 AM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I guess I missed the part where the R's smeared his integrity.
Old 09-18-18, 11:30 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The delay had nothing to do with Garland's qualifications or any dirt, it was the fact that Obama was a lame duck in the last year of his presidency. It tied in with Chuck Schumer's declaration with 17 months to go in Bush's term that the Senate would not confirm another appointment if it happened. You also had Obama participating in the filibuster to block Alito. Then you've got the Democrats penchant for "borking" anyone that they don't like. It is gamesmanship, the Republicans are playing the Democrat game finally.
Old 09-18-18, 12:03 PM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledomansfield View Post
I work at High School. I am at home today because there is a federal fugitive loose in my area and my kids school was cancelled. I decided to stay at home to protect my children.
Heard about this from friends in Shelby. What's the latest update on the hunt for this psycho?
Old 09-18-18, 12:15 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
False accusations of sexual misconduct are "gamesmanship"?
Old 09-18-18, 12:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
No attempting to ruin a person's life is not "gamesmanship" and I'm sure JUDGE Garland is doing just fine.
Im sure Kavannah will be fine. He may not become a Supreme court justice! This will hardly ruin him. He has already lived a priveledged life.
Old 09-18-18, 12:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Im sure Kavannah will be fine. He may not become a Supreme court justice! This will hardly ruin him. He has already lived a priveledged life.
Is it false? The accuser just identified herself and agreed to testify to the fullest.
Old 09-18-18, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The delay had nothing to do with Garland's qualifications or any dirt, it was the fact that Obama was a lame duck in the last year of his presidency. It tied in with Chuck Schumer's declaration with 17 months to go in Bush's term that the Senate would not confirm another appointment if it happened. You also had Obama participating in the filibuster to block Alito. Then you've got the Democrats penchant for "borking" anyone that they don't like. It is gamesmanship, the Republicans are playing the Democrat game finally.
Blah, blah, blh!..........Then you had Congress voting down everyone of President Obama measures, even if is benefitted there own partty.
Old 09-18-18, 12:47 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Is it false? The accuser just identified herself and agreed to testify to the fullest.
No she hasn't. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1LY2E4

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: