Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #481  
Old 09-17-18, 08:57 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 4,067
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Domestic violence a lame excuse?? Nice...plain and simple, this was handled poorly by all involved, and the administration at Ohio State just cannot make themselves do the right thing because of the money Urban brings into the university. It's really sad what college sports has become.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #482  
Old 09-17-18, 09:02 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 4,067
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
My thoughts on Satuday night's game. Ohio State was a 14 point favorite and won by that amount. I wouldn't call this a convincing win. TCU gave the Buckeyes 14 points and the botched punt set up another...so 21 points was directly set up off TCU mistakes. Also remember that the first TD should had been a safety. How in the world is that play not reviewed?

I thought Ohio State could have just lined up and ran it at TCU and had as much or more success. Haskins throws the underneath ball well, but his deep ball and longer throws are not that good. TCU looked alot faster than Ohio State, especially on offense. Ohio State's linebacker and secondary are slow.
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 09-17-18, 11:38 AM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 5,493
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All the slogans and fancy posters touting respect for women mean nothing unless you actually believe and support women.

When we say we’ve been harassed. When we say we’ve been sexually assaulted. When we say we’ve been physically abused.

This is what Urban Meyer has gotten wrong from the start and, judging by his latest statements, still doesn’t get.

It’s clear, still, that Meyer doesn’t believe Courtney Smith. He has referenced her troubled marriage, spoken of his sorrow at what she and her children have gone through. But not once has he said he believes she was a victim of domestic violence.

Not once has he apologized for letting Zack Smith’s excuses outweigh the arrest report by the Gainesville police in 2009. Not once has he said he now knows he should have delved further into why a woman – young and pregnant with her first child at the time – might have decided not to press charges.

Meyer didn’t do any of this because he doesn’t believe Courtney Smith. He doesn’t respect Courtney Smith -- or any other woman, for that matter.

Telling your players to respect women is all well and good, but those are just words. It’s how you treat women when they are most vulnerable that shows whether you really do respect them or not, and Meyer continues to fail that test.

His lies at Big Ten Media Day – call them what they were because they most definitely were not a “misstatement” – and his sudden curiosity about how long text messages would be retained on his cell phone are troubling enough. This is a man whose sole priority is self-preservation, not doing the right thing.

But worse is that, despite what he claims, no one should have any confidence that Meyer would do anything different if presented with a similar scenario now.

Had he done even the most basic research on domestic violence, he would understand why Courtney Smith dropped charges against her husband. Why she stayed with him. Why their relationship would have seemed so volatile to outsiders. Why all of Zach Smith’s other “red flags” are part and parcel of what Courtney Smith alleged all those years ago.

Had he truly been shaken by this incident, as he professes, he would not have waited a month before uttering Courtney Smith’s name or taken days to apologize to her. He would have asked to meet with her and understand how he could have gotten it so horribly wrong so he doesn’t make the same mistake in the future.

But he didn’t do that. Didn’t do any of that.

Because Urban Meyer doesn’t really respect women. Not when it really matters.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...le/1334083002/
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 09-17-18, 12:46 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 35,743
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Considering there's more evidence that Smith isn't a victim of abuse but is actual a crazy person, I find this narrative that Meyer doesn't believe her, and that we all must else we don't care about women, really hilarious.
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 09-17-18, 01:25 PM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 5,424
Raymo is on a distinguished road
We just had to hear what Finebaum had to say after each interview,WHY???
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 09-17-18, 02:26 PM
Hammerdrill Hammerdrill is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-28-13
Posts: 1,760
Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Oh, my. Nancy has issues. She is actually making a fool of herself. I'm guessing Urban has a better idea as to if abuse occurred, vs someone like Nancy who likely has not met any of these people. Liberals are so funny. Oh and which woman is he to believe? is her own mother not a woman?
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 09-17-18, 02:28 PM
Hammerdrill Hammerdrill is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-28-13
Posts: 1,760
Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
My thoughts on Satuday night's game. Ohio State was a 14 point favorite and won by that amount. I wouldn't call this a convincing win. TCU gave the Buckeyes 14 points and the botched punt set up another...so 21 points was directly set up off TCU mistakes. Also remember that the first TD should had been a safety. How in the world is that play not reviewed?

I thought Ohio State could have just lined up and ran it at TCU and had as much or more success. Haskins throws the underneath ball well, but his deep ball and longer throws are not that good. TCU looked alot faster than Ohio State, especially on offense. Ohio State's linebacker and secondary are slow.
Wait, they gave us those points? I must have watched a different game. I'm sure Bosa and Jones would take exception to your assertion.
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 09-17-18, 04:02 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is online now
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 6,934
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I actually agree that they should have lined up and rammed the ball more. They had a size advantage up front that didn't appear evident until later in the game when they were trying to burn some clock.

Defensively, the back 7 hasn't looked very good so far. It's definitely a big play defense. The front four will make big plays, and the back seven will give up big plays. Their defensive line will make up for a lot of deficiencies in the back seven this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 09-17-18, 05:01 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,559
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I actually agree that they should have lined up and rammed the ball more. They had a size advantage up front that didn't appear evident until later in the game when they were trying to burn some clock.

Defensively, the back 7 hasn't looked very good so far. It's definitely a big play defense. The front four will make big plays, and the back seven will give up big plays. Their defensive line will make up for a lot of deficiencies in the back seven this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I think the CBs will be fine, the free Safety play and in particular the LBs are a real concern. Each LB has a strength but then again each has a big hole in their game so they are OK if they can situational substitute but when the other team plays in tempo like TCU at times they can get stuck and either run when thin Werner is in the game or pass over the middle against concrete foot Borland. I fully expect Penn State to go tempo and not sub; they will call plays based on the LB personnel on the field and attack this defensive aggressively.
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 09-17-18, 07:12 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,793
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
14Red saying that Haskins struggles to throw longer routes. Another incredible take in a long and legendary line of them
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 09-17-18, 11:43 PM
Gh0st Gh0st is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-18-11
Posts: 3,853
Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Domestic violence a lame excuse?? Nice...plain and simple, this was handled poorly by all involved, and the administration at Ohio State just cannot make themselves do the right thing because of the money Urban brings into the university. It's really sad what college sports has become.
What does domestic violence have to do with how the football team performs?
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 09-17-18, 11:56 PM
Gh0st Gh0st is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-18-11
Posts: 3,853
Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
My thoughts on Satuday night's game. Ohio State was a 14 point favorite and won by that amount. I wouldn't call this a convincing win. TCU gave the Buckeyes 14 points and the botched punt set up another...so 21 points was directly set up off TCU mistakes. Also remember that the first TD should had been a safety. How in the world is that play not reviewed?

I thought Ohio State could have just lined up and ran it at TCU and had as much or more success. Haskins throws the underneath ball well, but his deep ball and longer throws are not that good. TCU looked alot faster than Ohio State, especially on offense. Ohio State's linebacker and secondary are slow.
So the first TD gets called a safety. OSU gets two points and the ball. So I assume you'll be taking that TD off the board that TCU scored on the drive after the defensive TD? You know, when they wouldn't have had the ball? Or do you just like cherry picking plays and making moronic comments like "if you take away 21 points that OSU scored, they don't win".
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 09-18-18, 07:33 AM
m14brian m14brian is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-24-10
Posts: 795
m14brian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
We just had to hear what Finebaum had to say after each interview,WHY???

Because he is the anointed patron saint of Alabama. He gets to past judgment on all football programs except for Alabama because we all know Alabama is above reproach.
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 09-18-18, 07:52 AM
cjb56 cjb56 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-15-04
Location: Avon, OH
Posts: 14,112
cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by m14brian View Post
Because he is the anointed patron saint of Alabama. He gets to past judgment on all football programs except for Alabama because we all know Alabama is above reproach.
Yes and no. Yes, he generally is a Bama pimp and he definitely will take any opportunity to stick it to Urban, Ohio State and the B1G (in that order), but to be fair...he has taken on Saban and Bama several times about being too soft on discipline of players in trouble. Also, before Saban, he took major swipes at Bama during the Albert Means recruiting fiasco.
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 09-18-18, 08:24 AM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 3,140
WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
It seems pretty clear, if you listen to Finebaum with any regularity, that he has some personal vendetta against Meyer. He's clearly not objective.
Reply With Quote
  #496  
Old 09-19-18, 04:11 AM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: Sidney (Not Australia)
Posts: 31,444
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
This is not going to die, It is Ohio State and as long as Urban is the coach it will be brought up time and time again year after year. Then after he is gone from OSU if his name is mentioned it will be brought up.
It will die eventually. Nobody mentions the Sandusky saga at PSU anymore and that was a far worse situation.
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old 09-19-18, 04:14 AM
Yellow_Jacket06 Yellow_Jacket06 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: Sidney (Not Australia)
Posts: 31,444
Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
My thoughts on Satuday night's game. Ohio State was a 14 point favorite and won by that amount. I wouldn't call this a convincing win. TCU gave the Buckeyes 14 points and the botched punt set up another...so 21 points was directly set up off TCU mistakes. Also remember that the first TD should had been a safety. How in the world is that play not reviewed?

I thought Ohio State could have just lined up and ran it at TCU and had as much or more success. Haskins throws the underneath ball well, but his deep ball and longer throws are not that good. TCU looked alot faster than Ohio State, especially on offense. Ohio State's linebacker and secondary are slow.


Get a load of this guy.

Haskins only had one bad ball and it was the under-thrown one to Victor who left his man in the dust with a Michael Thomas-esque stutter step. But even that was the result of pressure in his face and not being able to step into the throw.
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old 09-19-18, 09:50 AM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,793
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post


Get a load of this guy.

Haskins only had one bad ball and it was the under-thrown one to Victor who left his man in the dust with a Michael Thomas-esque stutter step. But even that was the result of pressure in his face and not being able to step into the throw.
It might be his only off target throw this entire season
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old 09-20-18, 06:49 AM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 5,424
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Jacket06 View Post
It will die eventually. Nobody mentions the Sandusky saga at PSU anymore and that was a far worse situation.
Every time I see or hear the word Penn State I think about it,the worst ever in college football.Think about it and you get SICK...BAM!
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old 09-20-18, 01:27 PM
J.R. Swish J.R. Swish is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-27-16
Posts: 140
J.R. Swish is on a distinguished road
Urban did not violate any NCAA rules. He did not break any laws. He did not violate his contract as his direct supervisor and director of compliance were informed of the incidents. Director of compliance told him and Gene Smith to stay out of it and not communicate with the Powell police while they were investigating. Powell police later informed compliance department that no charges would be filed as their investigation found nothing. This was relayed to Meyer and Gene Smith. Powell police called 15 times by Courtney Smith and no charges ever filed by police or Courtney. She called once because Zach was drunk and threw a family xmas wreath in the street?? Courtney's own mother and other family members on record saying she is a story teller and has alcohol problem. Zach had some alcohol issues as well. No doubt it was a volatile marriage. All of the above things are factual and on record from several sources. The picture I am trying to paint is why is all this Urban's fault? Is he supposed to know more than the police? More than Courtney's Mom? Should we fire everyone who is accused of anything? Another funny thing is Courtney claimed she tried to file charges several times and even felt she filed charges once but Zach was never charged?? Why would she not go back to police department and see why charges were not filed if she felt she did indeed file charges? ESPN, MeToo movement and many in national media do not allow facts to get in the way of a juicy story.
Reply With Quote
  #501  
Old 09-20-18, 01:32 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 4,067
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Swish View Post
Urban did not violate any NCAA rules. He did not break any laws. He did not violate his contract as his direct supervisor and director of compliance were informed of the incidents. Director of compliance told him and Gene Smith to stay out of it and not communicate with the Powell police while they were investigating. Powell police later informed compliance department that no charges would be filed as their investigation found nothing. This was relayed to Meyer and Gene Smith. Powell police called 15 times by Courtney Smith and no charges ever filed by police or Courtney. She called once because Zach was drunk and threw a family xmas wreath in the street?? Courtney's own mother and other family members on record saying she is a story teller and has alcohol problem. Zach had some alcohol issues as well. No doubt it was a volatile marriage. All of the above things are factual and on record from several sources. The picture I am trying to paint is why is all this Urban's fault? Is he supposed to know more than the police? More than Courtney's Mom? Should we fire everyone who is accused of anything? Another funny thing is Courtney claimed she tried to file charges several times and even felt she filed charges once but Zach was never charged?? Why would she not go back to police department and see why charges were not filed if she felt she did indeed file charges? ESPN, MeToo movement and many in national media do not allow facts to get in the way of a juicy story.
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 09-20-18, 01:39 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 4,067
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Bosa has abdominal surgery, no timetable for his return, although typical recovery is 4-6 weeks. Next question, Bosa, expected to be a top player in the '19 draft, does he even risk a return in November? Then, if the Buckeyes don't make the 4 team playoff, you may have seen Bosa's last game for Ohio State.
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 09-20-18, 01:55 PM
Auggie's Avatar
Auggie Auggie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-02-02
Location: The Other Side
Posts: 13,559
Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Bosa has abdominal surgery, no timetable for his return, although typical recovery is 4-6 weeks. Next question, Bosa, expected to be a top player in the '19 draft, does he even risk a return in November? Then, if the Buckeyes don't make the 4 team playoff, you may have seen Bosa's last game for Ohio State.
If I was advising Bosa and he really wants to be the #1 player in the draft I would come back for the November games to get some more tape in front of the NFL scouts, especially playing against a porous UM OL in what could be a huge game to tune up and then a NFL caliber OL in a potential Wiscy B1G title game. Play in the postseason if tOSU is in the playoffs and if not calling it a NCAA career.
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 09-20-18, 01:59 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 35,743
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Would he fall dramatically by not playing? I doubt it. He's a Top 10 pick. If he comes back, it's to win a championship.
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 09-20-18, 02:08 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,793
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Bosa will be back, possibly as early as Nebraska first week in November.

It sucks that he will be out for Penn State, but as long as they get through it with a W (probably 50/50), ultimately it'll provide the young guys with a great opportunity to get better. Thus, when he does come back they are even more deep on the line
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 09-20-18, 03:24 PM
KingKong24 KingKong24 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-09
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,045
KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
I was kind of thinking to myself when they were talking about him stretching for 2 hours a day that it would make him more prone to an injury. Who knows if that factored in at all, but I was always told excessive stretching weakens muscles.
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 09-20-18, 03:59 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 4,067
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
His draft stock is as high as it can get. He comes back and gets hurt, it plummets. If he's not 1000%, he's not playing.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 09-20-18, 04:21 PM
Michael Bluth Michael Bluth is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-29-11
Location: The Mailroom
Posts: 16,793
Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
You are incorrect...again

If 1000% were the criteria then nobody would ever play, ever.

He will be 100% in 6 weeks and will play
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 09-21-18, 05:55 AM
Raymo Raymo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-30-09
Location: PRO FOOTBALL HOF CITY
Posts: 5,424
Raymo is on a distinguished road
Sure sad he won't be able to eat up Penn State,got to hammer that team...BAM!
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 09-21-18, 09:37 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 4,067
14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
You are incorrect...again

If 1000% were the criteria then nobody would ever play, ever.

He will be 100% in 6 weeks and will play
We shall see, he has more to lose by playing than by playing hurt. Bosa's have been prone to injury, he wants to start getting paid...more to play football.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team 2018-2020 Ohio TofC Wrestling 11 10-15-17 10:51 PM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 15 07-22-17 10:47 AM
Junior National Duals- Team Ohio MikeMattin Wrestling 25 06-25-17 09:35 AM
OHSAA 2017 Baseball State Tournament Preview Yappi Baseball 1 05-30-17 11:25 PM
Coshocton D-3 District Rankings (off season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 3 05-30-17 07:19 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz