Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-24-17, 12:41 PM
Varsity

PattyJacks is on a distinguished road
Haven't seen him play this year, but thought he was a decent player last year from the games I saw. In his defense, he is a true pg and hasn't had a lot of supporting cast at Central. You put him with Williams and King and a shooter(seems to have one every year) at SJJ next year, could be a big factor for the Titans.
Old 01-24-17, 04:26 PM
Varsity

With him transferring now, will he have to sit out 11 games next year?
Old 01-24-17, 05:08 PM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyJacks View Post
With him transferring now, will he have to sit out 11 games next year?
This year. So in total because of his moronic dad he's missed 22 high school games.
Old 01-24-17, 05:57 PM
Varsity

CCHS1983 isn't all dads crazy anymore? They all think little Johnny should be the best on team. I wish the kid well, except when he plays the Knights
Old 01-24-17, 05:58 PM
All American

ToledoXC is on a distinguished road
So let me get this straight. SJJ beat Central by 40 on Friday and Central's starting point guard enrolled at SJJ on Monday? Did he just go straight to the admissions office after the game?
Old 01-24-17, 06:41 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoXC View Post
So let me get this straight. SJJ beat Central by 40 on Friday and Central's starting point guard enrolled at SJJ on Monday? Did he just go straight to the admissions office after the game?
or before the game, lol.

Is this truly fact?

I'll proceed as if, because it's more fun.

Well, what's to say. More weirdness. Kid can't decide, which others he wants to be a man for and St. Anderson's enables. Didn't occur to them to say, "no?" "Who would Jesus play for?"

So why did "Dad" pick CCHS in the first place and where did the kid come from? Someone said 3rd transfer?
Old 01-24-17, 07:11 PM
All Region

buccaneers2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
So why did "Dad" pick CCHS in the first place and where did the kid come from? Someone said 3rd transfer?
He was the Irish ball boy during the Welling era (& came with a lot of hype). Once whatever the heck happened to Jim Welling happened, he and his Dad decided AW was the best fit. Eventually, he transferred on over to Central Catholic, I believe during the middle of his freshman season on varsity. The kid is obviously all about himself and doesn't appreciate or even know what the concept of a team is.
Old 01-24-17, 09:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneers2002 View Post
This is Central Catholic's 4th player to quit the team this season (3 of whom would be starters).
4?? Who are the 4? And 3 starters?
Old 01-24-17, 11:04 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
The way the dad interacted with the SJJ coaches after the game, I figured they unlocked the door for him.
Old 01-25-17, 12:35 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchs1983 View Post
The way the dad interacted with the SJJ coaches after the game, I figured they unlocked the door for him.
I sense some sour grapes. Oh by the way, have those tides changed yet?
Old 01-25-17, 08:45 AM
Varsity

Not sure why SFS/Waite game was postponed last night? Next two games are huge for the the Knights. They travel to Lima Sr. and Whitmer. I guess we will find out if they are the top 4 team in state.
Old 01-25-17, 09:47 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I sense some sour grapes. Oh by the way, have those tides changed yet?
No sour grapes, just like no sour grapes when Zeb Jackson left, if you don't like the school leave, just do it the right way, one family did things the right way and another family lied and backstabbed on the way out. And you remember Zeb Jackson right, another SJJ illegal recruiting contact? Even after illegally recruiting him you were at best 3rd in a 2 horse race.

Tide hasn't changed yet, how'd that best football class in decades do this year? Can't wait to see the long list of high quality applicants from the college ranks who get interviews for the football vacancy, not like some freshman football coach has a chance.
Old 01-25-17, 01:55 PM
All Region

jafo is on a distinguished road
D1 Sectionals will be at Toledo Central Catholic and Fostoria High School. Enjoy your trip to Fotown!!!
Old 01-25-17, 02:32 PM
All Region

It sure is weird seeing Johnnies & Frannies posting on here. I enjoy being able to converse with rival schools, but you guys are nowhere to be found in the football forums, and there's always much more in depth conversations about football than basketball...and this might be the first time I've ever seen a SFS blogger at any time, since you know, they're finally good at one of the 2 major sports.
Old 01-25-17, 02:34 PM
All Region

Quote:
4?? Who are the 4? And 3 starters?
James Hudson (quit to focus on his college football career), Michael Warren (same) , Zeb Jackson (MVCD ) & now the latest kid.

Hudson, Jackson, & the latest kid would all be starters.
Old 01-25-17, 02:58 PM
Varsity

Football forum more in depth conversations? Like what excuse me father for I have sinned, I have a couple kids out of wedlock. But I'm Mr. Ohio football player of year. Please let the higher Catholic adminatrion turn their heads on this for I will help the Irish football team?
Old 01-25-17, 03:20 PM
All Yappi

Watch me mollify both the CCHS AND the SFS poster.

Quote:
Football forum more in depth conversations? Like what excuse me father for I have sinned, I have a couple kids out of wedlock. But I'm Mr. Ohio football player of year. Please let the higher Catholic adminatrion turn their heads on this for I will help the Irish football team?
Even money SJJ had a recruiter next to the cribs.
Old 01-25-17, 03:40 PM
All Region

jafo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Watch me mollify both the CCHS AND the SFS poster.

Even money SJJ had a recruiter next to the cribs.

Old 01-25-17, 04:53 PM
Varsity

The bottom line is, if your #1 sport is football your going to Central. Basketball SJJ. SFS Hockey and Swimming(we have the suburban sports taking care of). So to have a #4 ranking in the state there's a little excitement on Bancroft. These next couple of games on the road will determine what kind of team we are.
Old 01-25-17, 04:59 PM
All American

Quote:
The bottom line is, if your #1 sport is football your going to Central. Basketball SJJ. SFS Hockey and Swimming(we have the suburban sports taking care of). So to have a #4 ranking in the state there's a little excitement on Bancroft. These next couple of games on the road will determine what kind of team we are.
This.
Old 01-25-17, 05:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Agreed. SJJ has been a top 2 or 3 basketball team in NWO every year for the last 25 years.
Old 01-25-17, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Agreed. SJJ has been a top 2 or 3 basketball team in NWO every year for the last 25 years.
AKA the year Macomber and Devilbis were politically closed, right?
Old 01-25-17, 08:25 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
James Hudson (quit to focus on his college football career), Michael Warren (same) , Zeb Jackson (MVCD ) & now the latest kid.

This factually incorrect in more than one way
Old 01-26-17, 06:33 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Well that clarifies it then.
Old 01-26-17, 08:54 AM
All District

Out offstage is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Correction, Hudson didn't quite, he was kicked off the team for showing up to the SJJ/St Francis game and sitting in the first row. Had his wisdom teeth out that morning and skipped the Central game for this. BCSN showed him sitting in the stands and word got back to Central. Obviously basketball isn't his sport but you have to show more common sense here. Warren quit as soon as his buddy was kicked off. Probably not a bad thing for him since he has a few responsibilities outside of sports right now.

Also Central used to have one of the nicest gym's in Ohio but they have done nothing to take care of it. The facility is starting to show it's age and there are 0 funds to fix it up. Still a nice place to watch a game, but if they don't start sinking money into it, it will become a mess sooner than later.
Old 01-26-17, 09:25 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
AKA the year Macomber and Devilbis were politically closed, right?
McDole, Detwiler, Chappuis, Bell, and Turski would be disappointed. It is DeVilbiss. (I still have to look up whether its an "I" or an "E" and double "l's" or "s'").

I heard the Hudson story as well. Kids will be kids.

I thought Welling was a great coach but I also do not think Lowe or Hunt has had the same talent luxury. It's very EASY to proclaim the Irish woes are all because Welling is gone when in all actuality it MAY have more to do with not having some of those same dudes.
Old 01-26-17, 09:32 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
McDole, Detwiler, Chappuis, Bell, and Turski would be disappointed. It is DeVilbiss. (I still have to look up whether its an "I" or an "E" and double "l's" or "s'").

I heard the Hudson story as well. Kids will be kids.

I thought Welling was a great coach but I also do not think Lowe or Hunt has had the same talent luxury. It's very EASY to proclaim the Irish woes are all because Welling is gone when in all actuality it MAY have more to do with not having some of those same dudes.
Welling would have done more with the same but also would have had more to do with.
Old 01-26-17, 03:02 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Agree with this 100%
Old 01-26-17, 03:08 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Welling would have done more with the same but also would have had more to do with.
Don't agree 100% with this, but I see how you could come to this comment. Welling had his best year in 2011 with 2 kids who were Central Catholic bound no matter any circumstance, Lehman and Marquette, a transfer from Whitmer and a few random role players and 3-4 football players. I never saw the best junior high players from NW Ohio beating the doors down to enroll because Welling was there, look at the gobs of talent at SJJ, Whitmer and Rogers during his years at Central Catholic. Jim was by far the best high school basketball coach in NW Ohio the last 10-12 years but it certainly didn't mean the best grade schoolers wanted to play for him.
Old 01-26-17, 03:23 PM
All Region

Quote:
Just going with what I heard...but like East said, thanks for clarifying it then.