Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-17-18, 06:45 AM
All District

RedRider1 is on a distinguished road
Pac 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldoncooper View Post
Orrville's coaching staff never challenged or questioned the returned on-side kick ... If they did they didn't seem to upset that it counted they all looked as lost as the officials ...

Only 1 of the head coaches in that game could have made a scene and stood at the 50 yard line demanding a rule review for as long as it took...and not been flagged for it...and his name isn’t Doug Davault.

France probably even had the red hankie in his pocket if he’d have needed it. We already know there’s a replay booth at the stadium.
Old 10-17-18, 06:52 AM
All District

coachrios is on a distinguished road
you can certainly demand the rule book brought out! we did that just this season and had a decision overturned!
Old 10-17-18, 07:13 AM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachrios View Post
you can certainly demand the rule book brought out! we did that just this season and had a decision overturned!
This is 100% correct, there is usually a coach on each team who has a copy of the rule book and the head coach can request a conference. This was the worst non call I've ever seen in H.S football, however NO ONE on the Orville sideline objected. That's on them as well.
Old 10-17-18, 08:08 AM
All American

Henry37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider1 View Post
Only 1 of the head coaches in that game could have made a scene and stood at the 50 yard line demanding a rule review for as long as it took...and not been flagged for it...and his name isn’t Doug Davault.

France probably even had the red hankie in his pocket if he’d have needed it. We already know there’s a replay booth at the stadium.
You lost by six touchdowns.

Doug Davault lost by six touchdowns. Blame the refs all you want.
Old 10-17-18, 09:36 AM
Freshman

WCFootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachrios View Post
Are they obligated to get them if asked? Devault really messed up if they are obligated.

I don't know what is accurate coming from all of you. One post claims all 5 officials agreed. If that is the case and they aren't obligated to get the book. Why would they get it if all thought it was ok?
Old 10-17-18, 09:45 AM
All District

coachrios is on a distinguished road
yes they are! had a crew try telling us that we couldn't use a kickoff tee on a free kick after a safety! Called a timeout had them get their rule book and find out the correct answer, which of course was that we could use a kickoff tee! Also got the timeout back due to their error.
Old 10-17-18, 10:18 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
its amazing what people don't know about what a coach can and can not do

preach it coachrios!!!!!
Old 10-17-18, 04:06 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
The refs blew that onside kick call. If Orrville had lost by five, I can understand the anger. But, anytime a team scores 67 points on you, there are other problems. Manchester finally figured out what Orrville was doing on defense to stop Wright. it's the same thing Northwest did, spy him with two defenders. Manchester did not adjust to NW, they did to the Riders. With weapons like Foster and Johnson, schools double spy Wright at their own peril. And after they got rolling, Wright even got his yards. You can't keep a talent like that down all game. Manchester also made one key adjustment on defense that enabled them to contain Orrville. I get a kick out of Orrville fans complaining about home cooking. It's been going on down at Orrville for decades. I've seen a field goal through the uprights ruled no good; a fumble (recovered by the home team) called as a visiting RB who was handing a ball to an official after a score had it swatted from his hand, and after a TD was signaled; a flag thrown on a TD kick return only after the returner had cleared the goal line - ironically, the call was an offside against the kicking team, the only call that could negate the entire play and take a score, or at least a long return off the board. All of those things happened in Manchester-Orrville games, and they all happened in Orrville and at the expense of Manchester. There were plenty of other calls just like them, but those were some of the most egregious. The pendulum is always swinging.
Old 10-18-18, 08:15 AM
Freshman

iveseenitall is on a distinguished road
In the grand scheme of things, the onside kick ended up not being a game deciding score. But as far as momentum is concerned, it gave Manchester a lot of life scoring 2 TD's in 30 seconds. It allowed things to snowball on them and they could not stop it once it got going. Orrville WR's fell down on wide open routes, Domer was off, missing WR's for touchdowns and big games. All credit goes to Manchester who knocked Orrville off their game and put the pedal to the metal for the last 35 minutes of the game. That doesn't change the fact that the refs blew the onside kick call. But even then it would have been Manchester ball at the Orrville 48 yard line.
Old 10-19-18, 07:28 AM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Let's put the bad call and playoff chances to bed and focus on the first goal. The PAC-7 championship. 2 games left and who do you think will end up as #1? And, who has the hardest road to #1?
Old 10-19-18, 07:31 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Standings and schedules:
http://pac7sports.org/sports/2018-19/fball.php
Old 10-19-18, 01:01 PM
All Region

Upcoming Games
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy @ Triway
Friday, Oct. 19

Manchester @ Loudonville
Friday, Oct. 19

Northwest @ Tuslaw
Friday, Oct. 19

Orrville @ Fairless
Friday, Oct. 19

CVCA
Orrville
Northwest
Manchester
All win tonight.
Old 10-19-18, 09:24 PM
Freshman

Will Triway have a new coach next year?
Old 10-19-18, 10:15 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Upcoming Games
Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy @ Triway
Friday, Oct. 19

Manchester @ Loudonville
Friday, Oct. 19

Northwest @ Tuslaw
Friday, Oct. 19

Orrville @ Fairless
Friday, Oct. 19

CVCA
Orrville
Northwest
Manchester
All win tonight.
42-19 Manchester
Old 10-19-18, 11:05 PM
Junior Varsity

forest is on a distinguished road
CVCA 40 Triway 0
Old 10-22-18, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFootball View Post
Will Triway have a new coach next year?
I know you know this, but for schools our size, it's difficult to overcome injuries, especially when your best player, who also happens to be a top-3 100M sprinter in the PAC-7, has missed half the season. Combine that with losing a boatload of experience to graduation and only having 5 seniors this year to help right the ship that was led off track by the last coach, our new coach's job has not been easy this year. A win this Friday would be a great way to finish the season!
Old 10-22-18, 08:49 AM
All Region

So, all you experts, is the PAC-7 going to have Co-Champs or an outright Champ? Manchester @ CVCA. Orrville @ Triway.
Old 10-22-18, 08:56 AM
All District

tantal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So, all you experts, is the PAC-7 going to have Co-Champs or an outright Champ? Manchester @ CVCA. Orrville @ Triway.
Not sure how this works, but there's no way Orville loses to Triway unless they have a complete meltdown. I guess if Manchester wins they would be champs since they won the head-to-head with Orrville? CVCA, while there's not much hope for a "co-champ" situation with them, must win if they want to get into the post season.
Old 10-22-18, 09:30 AM
Junior Varsity

Red Rider fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantal View Post
Not sure how this works, but there's no way Orville loses to Triway unless they have a complete meltdown. I guess if Manchester wins they would be champs since they won the head-to-head with Orrville? CVCA, while there's not much hope for a "co-champ" situation with them, must win if they want to get into the post season.
If it works anything like the league we were in before, if Manchester wins this week and Orrville wins, we will be co-champs, total record in the league games would be the criteria I don't believe head to head matters in a tie of records, I could be wrong, Pit or Red Rider 1 would probably know better?
Old 10-22-18, 09:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider fan View Post
If it works anything like the league we were in before, if Manchester wins this week and Orrville wins, we will be co-champs, total record in the league games would be the criteria I don't believe head to head matters in a tie of records, I could be wrong, Pit or Red Rider 1 would probably know better?
I believe you are correct; as far as I'm aware, head-to-head is not a criteria for high school conference championships.
Old 10-22-18, 10:18 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
If CVCA beats Manchester, and Triway beats Orrville by some miracle, you'd have a 3-way tie for the PAC at 5-2.

I see 3 games to watch this weekend for the PAC schools:
1. CVCA vs. Manchester, an outright PAC title and the #1 seed in Region 17 are both heavily affected by this game.

2. Chippewa @ Norwayne. Manchester and Tuslaw would get points from a Chippewa win. However, Chippewa could still mathematically pass Tuslaw with a win, but barring a disastrous weekend, I believe Tuslaw will still end up with more points than Chippewa if both teams win this weekend.

3. Loudonville vs. Northwest. Not only could this game play a role in who gets the #1 seed in Region 17 (if Manchester loses), but if Chippewa beats Norwayne, the game takes on signficance in the points race between Tuslaw and Chippewa. In short, Tuslaw and Orrville would prefer Northwest to win while Chippewa and Manchester would prefer Loudonville to win. Most important of all, Loudonville stands a great chance of making the playoffs with a win over Northwest.
Old 10-22-18, 10:21 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePITman View Post
I know you know this, but for schools our size, it's difficult to overcome injuries, especially when your best player, who also happens to be a top-3 100M sprinter in the PAC-7, has missed half the season. Combine that with losing a boatload of experience to graduation and only having 5 seniors this year to help right the ship that was led off track by the last coach, our new coach's job has not been easy this year. A win this Friday would be a great way to finish the season!
I only watch on TV and hear from my coworker about the games so take that for what it's worth. To say the mistakes they make and continue to make in week 10 is because of 1 player or the old coach is a loser thing to say. Hope the coaches aren't promoting that message. Don't look at the results. Look at the parts.

They are very undisciplined. They constantly run kids on to the field late. The kids look like they don't know how to line up on both sides of the ball. Dumb penalties and a lot of them. The defense changes every week including kids in new positions every week. Those are coaching errors in my book. Can't blame that on old coaches or 1 kid at week 10. The coaches that are there now were there 2 years ago. You're telling me 1 year of a new coach ruined this group of kids so bad that they forgot when to go on the field and how to lineup?

I could say something about curious play calls. That could be a lot to do with injuries. That isn't fair and I don't know what they are trying to do. Could be that the other team is just better and stops them. It would be a very Triway thing to find a new coach. I do think it would be wise to make some sort of changes because these aren't new problems with an old staff. These things were happening with previous teams under the same main guys. It just wasn't as apparent with the great run of talent they had for that period of time
Old 10-22-18, 10:27 AM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
If CVCA beats Manchester, and Triway beats Orrville by some miracle, you'd have a 3-way tie for the PAC at 5-2.

I see 3 games to watch this weekend for the PAC schools:
1. CVCA vs. Manchester, an outright PAC title and the #1 seed in Region 17 are both heavily affected by this game.

2. Chippewa @ Norwayne. Manchester and Tuslaw would get points from a Chippewa win. However, Chippewa could still mathematically pass Tuslaw with a win, but barring a disastrous weekend, I believe Tuslaw will still end up with more points than Chippewa if both teams win this weekend.

3. Loudonville vs. Northwest. Not only could this game play a role in who gets the #1 seed in Region 17 (if Manchester loses), but if Chippewa beats Norwayne, the game takes on signficance in the points race between Tuslaw and Chippewa. In short, Tuslaw and Orrville would prefer Northwest to win while Chippewa and Manchester would prefer Loudonville to win. Most important of all, Loudonville stands a great chance of making the playoffs with a win over Northwest.
Outright PAC title? How?
Old 10-22-18, 10:45 AM
Junior Varsity

Red Rider fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
123, that's been rumored all year. Heard that it was resolved by a change of address of @10 players. Also legal problems with a couple. Now, these are rumors, not fact. Who knows if it's true. Rumors can be toxic.
Young, all but two of these guys have been playing together since grade school or middle school, where the Heck do you come up with 10? Thank goodness you aren't trying to foster rumors, and stay above board with this. Really 10 players with a change of address
Old 10-22-18, 10:45 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rider View Post
Outright PAC title? How?
You had me confused for a second.

Current league standings:
T1. Manchester: 5-1
T1. Orrville: 5-1
3. CVCA: 4-2
T4. Tuslaw: 3-3
T4. Northwest: 3-3
T4. Loudonville: 3-3
7. Fairless: 1-5
8. Triway: 0-6

Orrville and Manchester each have 1 league loss. CVCA has 2 league losses. If CVCA beats Manchester, Manchester has 2 league losses, and Orrville would win the league outright by beating Triway, no? Orrville might very well claim the #1 seed in Region 17 as well. If CVCA beats Manchester, and Triway somehow upsets Orrville, you'd have 3 teams at the top with 2 losses apiece.
Old 10-22-18, 10:50 AM
All District

Old Rider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
You had me confused for a second.

Current league standings:
T1. Manchester: 5-1
T1. Orrville: 5-1
3. CVCA: 4-2
T4. Tuslaw: 3-3
T4. Northwest: 3-3
T4. Loudonville: 3-3
7. Fairless: 1-5
8. Triway: 0-6

Orrville and Manchester each have 1 league loss. CVCA has 2 league losses. If CVCA beats Manchester, Manchester has 2 league losses, and Orrville would win the league outright by beating Triway, no? Orrville might very well claim the #1 seed in Region 17 as well. If CVCA beats Manchester, and Triway somehow upsets Orrville, you'd have 3 teams at the top with 2 losses apiece.
I thought you meant that IF Manchester beats CVCA then they get the outright title...sorry.
Old 10-22-18, 01:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFootball View Post
I only watch on TV and hear from my coworker about the games so take that for what it's worth. To say the mistakes they make and continue to make in week 10 is because of 1 player or the old coach is a loser thing to say. Hope the coaches aren't promoting that message. Don't look at the results. Look at the parts.
Ahh, I thought you were saying the opposite: "Bad season? Fire the coach!" That is a concept I vehemently disagree with, so I was simply saying there are many factors that have played into this season's results thus far. I understand what you were getting at, now, and how those factors may have played into our results this season, as well.

Quote:
I thought you meant that IF Manchester beats CVCA then they get the outright title...sorry.
I read it the same way you did.
Old 10-22-18, 01:15 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider fan View Post
Young, all but two of these guys have been playing together since grade school or middle school, where the Heck do you come up with 10? Thank goodness you aren't trying to foster rumors, and stay above board with this. Really 10 players with a change of address
Don't shoot the messenger. We were told that at the game by an Orrville fan. Was hard to believe.
Old 10-22-18, 01:19 PM
All Region

Quote:
The Manchester CVCA game will be a battle royal. I look for a high scoring affair. Manchester needs it for another PAC7 Title, shared or outright, and a #1 seed, hopefully. Already clinched a 1st round home game. Not sure, but I believe CVCA needs it for a playoff berth.
Old 10-22-18, 01:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The Manchester CVCA game will be a battle royal. I look for a high scoring affair. Manchester needs it for another PAC7 Title, shared or outright, and a #1 seed, hopefully. Already clinched a 1st round home game. Not sure, but I believe CVCA needs it for a playoff berth.
CVCA has 88% chance of making the playoffs with a win over Manchester, and 0% with a loss, according to Drew Pasteur. http://fantastic50.net/team363.html