Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-14-18, 04:04 PM
Varsity

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Week 9: West Branch(6-2)(3-1) @ Marlington (7-1)(4-0)

I know some people been waiting for this game since the summer..Marlington is getting healthy fast and our starting to play there best football..WB is coming off a tough loss to West Holmes..who gets this one.. I got Marlington 35-14
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-18, 05:06 PM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Marlington 34-24
Old 10-14-18, 07:03 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Marlington by 3 scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-18, 12:35 AM
Freshman

Donny_Swaggins91 is on a distinguished road
Wow what a matchup! THE marlington dukes vs the warriors of WB. A high profile matchup like this should be all over The radio. The dukes feature big wins from um...oh thatís right nobody. Maybe they should both schedule some competition and stop acting tough for beating teams like Salem and Carrollton
Old 10-15-18, 02:53 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Swaggins91 View Post
Wow what a matchup! THE marlington dukes vs the warriors of WB. A high profile matchup like this should be all over The radio. The dukes feature big wins from um...oh thatís right nobody. Maybe they should both schedule some competition and stop acting tough for beating teams like Salem and Carrollton
See posts like this is why Louisville is so beloved , I was disappointed with what happened with the situation but on a side note I will not miss the ville's obnoxious fans present company included. I said for many years they needed to get out of the NBC. But they were content to win league titles and be one and done in the playoffs. I think in the long run this will be good for you. Till then here's a block of cheese to go with your whine. Get over it and move on.
Old 10-15-18, 04:16 AM
All American

Louisville just played a D5 school tho lol
Old 10-15-18, 04:18 AM
All American

Therefore I’m not really understanding that argument, my question, is would
Louisville would have stayed with the choice to? I’m
Not up to date on that situation, but if you’re in a conference you can only
Play the teams in front of you for the most part. Marlington does play Poland a lot, they are D4 but a playoff team that usually wins at least 1 or 2 games.
Old 10-15-18, 05:16 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Swaggins91 View Post
Umm your wins are against
Lake 4-4
Green 1-7
Ursuline 1-7
Mooney 3-5
South range 4-4
A whooping 13-27 mark...go away troll...I bet you wonít be talking this week after Massillon hangs 50 on you and youíll be officially eliminated from the playoffs just like last year when you were still Playing nbc schedule...hmmm🤔
Old 10-15-18, 05:57 AM
All American

To be honest tho Mooney and lake would beat every team marlington plays by 4 touchdowns
Old 10-15-18, 06:02 AM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
So the only other post made by Donny is one where he calls one of the Leopards a girl and suggests he plays tennis or something. Guessing you are dealing with a 15-16 year old punk. Most people (adults) that u have talked to realize that this situation will he fine inappropriately year or two. Good luck for both these schools
Old 10-15-18, 06:37 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
To be honest tho Mooney and lake would beat every team marlington plays by 4 touchdowns
You might be right, and Ursaline is down this year also. But the schedule is the schedule. Most the times there made 3 or 4 years in advance and you never know what the future holds. I think it's a kid also but then again there are a lot of adults on. Here that act like children. Like I mentioned before it's not the Louisville program it's some of there fans. I'm not sure how long the EBC will be around.i see Marlington, Louisville, Alliance and possibly getting back together if they can pick up some more teams. You can't just go saying get this team or that team, it's not that easy. You have to go after division lll or lV schools I would think. A division V school could be a possibility if there a power V school. That's unlikely. Back to the basis of this post. It was supposed to be WB vauted high powered offense vs. Marlington's stout defense. Marlington's offense is rolling right now. Can WB bounce back? Maybe they can. I still see Marlington putting up a lot of points. Marlington by 3 touchdowns. I don't see WB running consistently against the Dukes, and as far as the 4.4 sophomore receiver he is a talent,,,, if the QB has the time to make the long throw. Good luck to both teams. Be safe.
Old 10-15-18, 06:46 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
He isn’t a real Leopard fan. There’s him and some other poster who just popped up this year on Yappi, both of them should just be ignored. Obviously I haven’t seen Marlington or West Branch play this year but I’m guessing the Dukes win by about 20. And with no STVM in the playoffs and Canfield missing one of their best players region 9 is wide open. The Dukes could still be playing in weeks 12 and 13. And we as Leopard fans know that Massillon scoring 50 on us is a real possibility and we aren’t expected to win. But the stadium is going to be packed on Friday, and it’s going to be a whole lot of fun trying to shock the state!
Old 10-15-18, 06:53 AM
All American

I agree it is wide open forsure
Old 10-15-18, 10:49 AM
All District

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
I personally think Louisville played and is playing a much harder schedule than any team in the EBC. Alliance was the only team that was close with their nonleague schedule. If anyone thinks Canfield, Hoover, Lake, Perry, Mooney, Massillon would not run away with the EBC is crazy. CCC would be battling for a league title too. And even Green at 1-7 and Ursiline at 1-7 would be the top 2 in the conference. They played South Range which was the team that was supposed to replace them. So saying that Louisville has a weak schedule it just crazy!

Back to the WB-Marlington game, I don't see this as a close game. I think Marlington runs away with this one by 21 points. WB doesn't have enough athletes to hang. They have a couple of fast kids but not enough. Not to look ahead but I think Salem will be tough match up with WB too.
Old 10-15-18, 10:54 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
You might be right, and Ursaline is down this year also. But the schedule is the schedule. Most the times there made 3 or 4 years in advance and you never know what the future holds. I think it's a kid also but then again there are a lot of adults on. Here that act like children. Like I mentioned before it's not the Louisville program it's some of there fans. I'm not sure how long the EBC will be around.i see Marlington, Louisville, Alliance and possibly getting back together if they can pick up some more teams. You can't just go saying get this team or that team, it's not that easy. You have to go after division lll or lV schools I would think. A division V school could be a possibility if there a power V school. That's unlikely. Back to the basis of this post. It was supposed to be WB vauted high powered offense vs. Marlington's stout defense. Marlington's offense is rolling right now. Can WB bounce back? Maybe they can. I still see Marlington putting up a lot of points. Marlington by 3 touchdowns. I don't see WB running consistently against the Dukes, and as far as the 4.4 sophomore receiver he is a talent,,,, if the QB has the time to make the long throw. Good luck to both teams. Be safe.

WB has a few fast kids but not as much overall speed as Marlington. I just don't see WB be able to stop Marlington's passing game. I think the Dukes will win 35-14. But I have been wrong plenty of times. Good luck to both teams..
Old 10-15-18, 10:56 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
He isnít a real Leopard fan. Thereís him and some other poster who just popped up this year on Yappi, both of them should just be ignored. Obviously I havenít seen Marlington or West Branch play this year but Iím guessing the Dukes win by about 20. And with no STVM in the playoffs and Canfield missing one of their best players region 9 is wide open. The Dukes could still be playing in weeks 12 and 13. And we as Leopard fans know that Massillon scoring 50 on us is a real possibility and we arenít expected to win. But the stadium is going to be packed on Friday, and itís going to be a whole lot of fun trying to shock the state!
What a great experience for the kids.. Keep it close for 3 quarters and see what happens..
Old 10-15-18, 12:09 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
I personally think Louisville played and is playing a much harder schedule than any team in the EBC. Alliance was the only team that was close with their nonleague schedule. If anyone thinks Canfield, Hoover, Lake, Perry, Mooney, Massillon would not run away with the EBC is crazy. CCC would be battling for a league title too. And even Green at 1-7 and Ursiline at 1-7 would be the top 2 in the conference. They played South Range which was the team that was supposed to replace them. So saying that Louisville has a weak schedule it just crazy!

Back to the WB-Marlington game, I don't see this as a close game. I think Marlington runs away with this one by 21 points. WB doesn't have enough athletes to hang. They have a couple of fast kids but not enough. Not to look ahead but I think Salem will be tough match up with WB too.

No one said Louisville schedule was easy..I said that the wins they have are against teams with bad records...not to mention he even brought up beating on ďSalem and Carrollton ď ...Iím like Salem beat them last year for gods sake lol..agree Mooney would be in top teams of ebc but the other teams you mentioned are a bit of a stretch...both Marlington and Louisville convincingly beat south Range and South range beat central...Iím also disagreeing with Ursuline and green winning the ebc too... anyway we do have the same 35-14 prediction on the Marlington/ WB game...if you guys wanna shock the world and beat alliance Friday I would be totally cool with that hahah ..good luck the rest of the way...really hoping you can turn it around soon
Old 10-15-18, 12:25 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
I said for many years they needed to get out of the NBC. But they were content to win league titles and be one and done in the playoffs.
sounds like what will happen to the D3 schools in the EBC

Hoping for a WB resurgence - no fun week 10 if WB is limping into that game. Very heated rivalry with WB and Salem, would love to see both winning going into week 10 - just sayin
Old 10-15-18, 12:58 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
sounds like what will happen to the D3 schools in the EBC

Hoping for a WB resurgence - no fun week 10 if WB is limping into that game. Very heated rivalry with WB and Salem, would love to see both winning going into week 10 - just sayin
Would love to see both Alliance and Marlington win week 9. What a great game for the ebc crown and possible playoff spot for Alliance.....jus sayin

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-18, 01:02 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkflavor View Post
Would love to see both Alliance and Marlington win week 9. What a great game for the ebc crown and possible playoff spot for Alliance.....jus sayin

Right on - these games this week will potentially determine where many casual fans go next week - Alliance v Marlington can be a hot game as well being neighbors.
Old 10-15-18, 01:49 PM
All Region

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
The WB score vs Holmes is a bit misleading . Wb Had two Td passes dropped by the sophomore speedster. One went right threw his hands in the endzone the other on a wide open post route . Then you have the Td’S called back for holding penalties of which the radio announcers were questioning . There’s potentially 28 lost points . Combine those let downs with the interception on the 2 yard line and the fake punt call that didn’t come from the coaches due to a high snap that gave Holmes the ball in the red zone . Along with the 4 more bad snaps from our center which one resulted in a safety and another forcing WB to punt . Honestly I am surprised the score wasn’t worse than it was give the circumstances.
That being said I feel WB will clean up their issues and give the Dukes a game . Can they win this game well I’m not ruling it out . A lot of it has to due with the Dukes performance against Carrollton an their 7-6 win .
Old 10-15-18, 01:57 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
The WB score vs Holmes is a bit misleading . Wb Had two Td passes dropped by the sophomore speedster. One went right threw his hands in the endzone the other on a wide open post route . Then you have the TdíS called back for holding penalties of which the radio announcers were questioning . Thereís potentially 28 lost points . Combine those let downs with the interception on the 2 yard line and the fake punt call that didnít come from the coaches due to a high snap that gave Holmes the ball in the red zone . Along with the 4 more bad snaps from our center which one resulted in a safety and another forcing WB to punt . Honestly I am surprised the score wasnít worse than it was give the circumstances.
That being said I feel WB will clean up their issues and give the Dukes a game . Can they win this game well Iím not ruling it out . A lot of it has to due with the Dukes performance against Carrollton an their 7-6 win .
Wb certainly can win this game. Weather could be a factor too. The Carrollton game was the first game the Dukes had all those injuries and a ton of kids were playing out of position. The dukes got alot of those kids back last week and it showed. Was hoping wb could get that win last week but it just wasn't your night. Should be a great game w alot in attendance.

Old 10-15-18, 02:20 PM
All Region

KINGOFTHEJUNGLE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms0655 View Post
No one said Louisville schedule was easy..I said that the wins they have are against teams with bad records...not to mention he even brought up beating on ďSalem and Carrollton ď ...Iím like Salem beat them last year for gods sake lol..agree Mooney would be in top teams of ebc but the other teams you mentioned are a bit of a stretch...both Marlington and Louisville convincingly beat south Range and South range beat central...Iím also disagreeing with Ursuline and green winning the ebc too... anyway we do have the same 35-14 prediction on the Marlington/ WB game...if you guys wanna shock the world and beat alliance Friday I would be totally cool with that hahah ..good luck the rest of the way...really hoping you can turn it around soon
I agree with Tom's, Green and Ursuline????? I completely believe the Leps are much better where they are. If I were a Lep player or fan, I would much rather have the fighting Paul Browns in my back yard with a chance to shock the state of Ohio than having a for sure running clock at Minerva, South, Salem. (No disrespect to South or Salem) I know if it wasn't senior night in Minerva, with all due respect to Marlington and Branch, I would give anything to be in the Ville Friday night. The atmosphere will be through the moon. Just wondering what folks would think is the bigger upset my Lions over Alliance or the Leps beating Massy?

I would love to see the underdog Warriors pull this one out but I just don't see Marlington losing with the athleticism all over the field that they have.
Old 10-15-18, 02:30 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFTHEJUNGLE View Post
I agree with Tom's, Green and Ursuline????? I completely believe the Leps are much better where they are. If I were a Lep player or fan, I would much rather have the fighting Paul Browns in my back yard with a chance to shock the state of Ohio than having a for sure running clock at Minerva, South, Salem. (No disrespect to South or Salem) I know if it wasn't senior night in Minerva, with all due respect to Marlington and Branch, I would give anything to be in the Ville Friday night. The atmosphere will be through the moon. Just wondering what folks would think is the bigger upset my Lions over Alliance or the Leps beating Massy?

I would love to see the underdog Warriors pull this one out but I just don't see Marlington losing with the athleticism all over the field that they have.
Haha good question king...Iíd say that Minerva beating alliance is probably the bigger upset because of simply where Minervaís program is at right now...but the Leps pulling of a win vs the tigers would be mind blowing...but Louisville does have crazy good athletes all over the field and sometimes crazy good athletes do things that amaze...I unfortunately donít think either happens this time around but best of luck to both teams this week
Old 10-15-18, 02:47 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The WB score vs Holmes is a bit misleading . Wb Had two Td passes dropped by the sophomore speedster. One went right threw his hands in the endzone the other on a wide open post route . Then you have the TdíS called back for holding penalties of which the radio announcers were questioning . Thereís potentially 28 lost points . Combine those let downs with the interception on the 2 yard line and the fake punt call that didnít come from the coaches due to a high snap that gave Holmes the ball in the red zone . Along with the 4 more bad snaps from our center which one resulted in a safety and another forcing WB to punt . Honestly I am surprised the score wasnít worse than it was give the circumstances.

So in other words, WB was not the better team.
Old 10-15-18, 02:49 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Marlington 34-24

Marlington 42
West Branch 7
Old 10-15-18, 03:21 PM
All Region

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcity View Post
I think i'll just say that not allways the better team wins , you were probably living that a few times this year .
Old 10-15-18, 07:42 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think i'll just say that not allways the better team wins , you were probably living that a few times this year .

I would like to see west Branch win the last 2 games, but I just donít see it- seeing all 3 teams play I think marlington and Salem are too athletic for west Branch.. Wb doesnít seem to score much against faster teams- I pick marlington 28 west Branch 14.. but if wb can get a big play on special teams maybe they can pull it off-

Old 10-15-18, 07:45 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
Week 9: West Branch(6-2)(3-1) @ Marlington (7-1)(4-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcity View Post

I rarely I agree with you Qcity but I do this time. I will say that after watching salem last weekend, if they end up with 1 ebc win they underachieved- they have a good team. West Branch will be in a for a battle in week 10

Old 10-15-18, 08:10 PM
All District

Damage450 is on a distinguished road
I am not asking this to be a troll and I'm not from Louisville. This is a serious question.

What happened to West Branch's non-league schedule? They used to play tough teams and now I see they have Crestview (DV), Beaver Local (DIV) and Southeast (DIV) on their non-conference schedule. I know Salem is now in the league so you lost them as a non-conference matchup but what happened to playing teams like Canfield?