Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-18, 09:34 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Biggest regular season game in program's history??? That's laying it on pretty thick too, lol.
Yeah, some of our faithful are treating this game like it's some epic showdown, for some reason. This matchup could/should have been scheduled years ago. Out of scheduling desperation, Leps finally manned up.
Old 10-15-18, 09:36 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
Because of where our Stadium sits people do grill out and in the neighborhood for an hour or two before the game. In terms of "tailgating" like starting at noon in order to be drunk before the game, I dont think that is something that would he encouraged. Looking forward to a nice atmosphere for a high school even though the outcome will be extremely disappointing for anyone wanting to see a good game. Louisville will have the players to make it a good game, but they won't be put in a position to succeed.
So what exactly position are you suggesting the team needs to be, to win? According to your coaching philosophy?
Old 10-15-18, 09:44 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
IF the Leps win - wouldn't those points carry them into a post season spot?

I did notice their win this week only moved them up one spot from 16 to 15.

Didn't know if anyone had numbers crunched as to what a W this week would do.
If a W catapults the Leps into an 8th spot then I'd say it is pretty big game, maybe not the biggest ever - but definitely a big notable game.

Surprised by HC comments as well - not the feeling I would want to hear from the person driving the program.
Old 10-15-18, 09:48 AM
All World

ChronicTiger is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to this game. Can't wait for the pregame hype and atmosphere but this will be over quickly. Louisville will have no answers for Massillon.
Old 10-15-18, 09:53 AM
Freshman

FAN2FAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Tigers by 30.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	44044622_2213156155634661_7353075261627170816_n.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2527  
Old 10-15-18, 10:06 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
In terms of Hype yes biggest for sure, in terms of meaning that is bit of stretch. I remember a game in early 90's week 8-9 where West Branch was ranked 2 in Ohio and We were ranked 3. Not only that but back then only 4 teams got into the playoffs so 1 loss and it was over. That regular season game had way more on the line this one. Massillon already in and Louisville all but out changes the dynamic of the game. Factor in that with the 99.9% chance Louisville loses this game and the excitement isnt all that great. It will be a great atmosphere for the kids, and unfortunately will be only "playoff feeling" Louisville kids will have for next couple years.
Assuming your talking about the '94 game, Louisville had already lost to McK in overtime and although that was a big game, beating WB that year wouldn't hold water to beating Massillon this year.

I'll re-phrase.....This game holds the opportunity to be the biggest regular season game in the programs history.

'94 was for a league title and a shot at the playoffs....this week would go down in history for our program and a shot at the playoffs.
Old 10-15-18, 10:15 AM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
So what exactly position are you suggesting the team needs to be, to win? According to your coaching philosophy?
I could write 5 paragraphs on specifics, but the broader general picture is do something different. We play Perry who has thrown about 10 passes in 8 games and we sit in a 4 man front and let them run the ball. Whatever Massillon does well they will do well Friday night because we won't adjust at all on our side. If a team is going to beat us make them beat us by doing something other then what they do best thats all I'm asking. For god's sakes Lake beat Perry and Lake is awful this year, but they got Perry out of their comfort zone. Not asking much, just adjust once in awhile thats all.
Old 10-15-18, 10:44 AM
Moderated User

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
IF the Leps win - wouldn't those points carry them into a post season spot?

I did notice their win this week only moved them up one spot from 16 to 15.

Didn't know if anyone had numbers crunched as to what a W this week would do.
If a W catapults the Leps into an 8th spot then I'd say it is pretty big game, maybe not the biggest ever - but definitely a big notable game.

Surprised by HC comments as well - not the feeling I would want to hear from the person driving the program.
If Louisville wins out and is able to get the max points from there opponents they would still need a lot of help to make the playoffs.
Old 10-15-18, 10:54 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I could write 5 paragraphs on specifics, but the broader general picture is do something different. We play Perry who has thrown about 10 passes in 8 games and we sit in a 4 man front and let them run the ball. Whatever Massillon does well they will do well Friday night because we won't adjust at all on our side. If a team is going to beat us make them beat us by doing something other then what they do best thats all I'm asking. For god's sakes Lake beat Perry and Lake is awful this year, but they got Perry out of their comfort zone. Not asking much, just adjust once in awhile thats all.

Although I could agree with some of your points on the regular basis, no matter what scheming, or adjustments, or kids play Friday night, we are not beating Massillon.
Old 10-15-18, 10:56 AM
Varsity

MassillonJoe is on a distinguished road
Like others have said, been waiting for this one since it was announced. Always fun to play a new opponent, and even better to play an in county game. Thank you to all those who made this happen. Hopefully it goes beyond just two years.
Old 10-15-18, 10:59 AM
Varsity

MassillonJoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Although I could agree with some of your points on the regular basis, no matter what scheming, or adjustments, or kids play Friday night, we are not beating Massillon.
Yeah sometimes you can do absolutely everything right and it still doesn't matter. It stinks. However I'm glad this game/series is happening, just happened to catch us with arguably our best team in decades.
Old 10-15-18, 11:06 AM
All Region

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wouldn't want you in the foxhole with me...Hopefully this isn't the prevailing thought in the Leps locker room. If Louisville can contain the run and make some plays throwing the ball on offense this game could be interesting. Fitch played us very tough until the dam burst in the fourth quarter.
Old 10-15-18, 11:11 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23xTigers View Post
Wouldn't want you in the foxhole with me...Hopefully this isn't the prevailing thought in the Leps locker room. If Louisville can contain the run and make some plays throwing the ball on offense this game could be interesting. Fitch played us very tough until the dam burst in the fourth quarter.

First of all, I wasn't responding to you, this is something internally us Leopard posters understand, my point is, no matter what Louisville's coaching does, or who plays, we are not beating Massillon. It's nice to be optimistic, but based on your performance in 2018, we probably compare alongside SVSM, maybe a touchdown underdog or two. Enough of cupcake talk, you know it's going to be a throttling.
Old 10-15-18, 11:23 AM
Moderated User

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
First of all, I wasn't responding to you, this is something internally us Leopard posters understand, my point is, no matter what Louisville's coaching does, or who plays, we are not beating Massillon. It's nice to be optimistic, but based on your performance in 2018, we probably compare alongside SVSM, maybe a touchdown underdog or two. Enough of cupcake talk, you know it's going to be a throttling.
If this was any other week I would agree with you but Massillon is 4-6 in the last 10 week 9 games and 11-9 over the last 20. This game will be closer then if it was a week 5 game.
Massillon by 13
Old 10-15-18, 11:29 AM
Junior Varsity

Tigerslover96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
If this was any other week I would agree with you but Massillon is 4-6 in the last 10 week 9 games and 11-9 over the last 20. This game will be closer then if it was a week 5 game.
Massillon by 13
To be fair most of those week 9 losses came at the hands of Division 3 champs/contenders St. V. They have been crazy good in past years we have played them.
Old 10-15-18, 11:32 AM
All World

unclebob is an unknown quantity at this point
I love going to Louisville for games. Great atmosphere great program. 9 out of 10 years this game is ultra competitive. This unfortunately is the outlier year. This game needs to stay on the schedule . Fridays outcome is not an indication of the programs comparative competitiveness.
Old 10-15-18, 11:59 AM
All Region

basselope is on a distinguished road
stuff happens sometimes.

Old 10-15-18, 12:00 PM
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
Mr. General, there was a day where what you say had validity.

However - I don't think that is the case any longer. When Massillon calls a school for a game they can offer a portion of the gate. Many schools do not enjoy the consistent crowd that Massillon gets. IF a school has agreed to a one year deal the advantage is to them to take advantage of the monetary gain and play in a very nice stadium whereas not everyone has it going at their home stadiums.

IF a school wants to play Massillon year in year out, as far as recent years go, Massillon has demonstrated that they will enter a contract and travel. The Glenoak - Steubenville series proves that. Glenoak has stayed on while Steubenville stopped the series.

Louisville was in a jam and wanted games. Massillon will start the series by traveling. The short travel means the tigers will probably fill the stadium all the way around, buy everything in the concession stand, and I predict they will be on their most respectful behavior to try and build a solid relationship with another county school.

***I am not a tiger fan however I recognize many of the ways of the past for them are no longer relevant.
Steubenville stopped the series after putting a running clock on massillon?
Old 10-15-18, 12:05 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
yes, yes they did.

and furthermore - steubenville declined to sched MCK and stopped the Steub vs McK Frosh series as well a couple years back.

truth is not always popular.
Old 10-15-18, 12:24 PM
All District

OGnir is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdna View Post
That was 2015 right after that beat down , Reno cancelled the JV game for the next day.

Coach Moore has offered him a contract for the past two years, but as close as they got was Reno offering to meet Coach Moore at the New Philly McDonalds to talk about it. It never happened.

I guess Steubenville plays 5 or 6 out of state teams this year.

BTW looking forward to finally play the Leopards in football. Let's hope it will continues after 2019 .
Old 10-15-18, 12:58 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:

Steubey fan, the Louisville and Massillon WHS programs are preparing for our game on Friday. This thread is for that game. No one cares about your program. I am certain, your coaches are preparing for your D-7 opponent this weekend. As always 6-41-2.
Old 10-15-18, 01:20 PM
All District

erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Steubey fan, the Louisville and Massillon WHS programs are preparing for our game on Friday. This thread is for that game. No one cares about your program. I am certain, your coaches are preparing for your D-7 opponent this weekend. As always 6-41-2.
Just ask a simple question...sheesh!

Ps Don't forget about our 4 state titles.

Good luck this week and the rest of the season
Old 10-15-18, 02:30 PM
All Region

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Listen I'd love nothing more than to pound the Leps by 30 and look good doing it, but I won't be surprised if they give us a good game Friday. Learned along time ago to never count any team out, before it is clear that victory is in hand. Hopefully our young men are giving their full attention to Louisville this week and aren't counting that W.
Old 10-15-18, 03:22 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Of course would not be surprised 23x. Who figured Lake would beat Perry? (Louisville gained almost 600 yards on Lake). They are a very good team that started slow and playing their best ball now. And tough at home. All 3 losses on the road.

I'll say 35-21.
Old 10-15-18, 03:25 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
First of all, I wasn't responding to you, this is something internally us Leopard posters understand, my point is, no matter what Louisville's coaching does, or who plays, we are not beating Massillon. It's nice to be optimistic, but based on your performance in 2018, we probably compare alongside SVSM
Sounds like you are buying into Demarcos mindset. I doubt very highly the players are thinking that way. Odds are against us but I refuse to enter a contest with my head down.
Old 10-15-18, 03:53 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Just ask a simple question...sheesh!

Ps Don't forget about our 4 state titles.

Good luck this week and the rest of the season
Ask any of the coaches down at the spot bar why they don'y play Massillon if you want an answer.
Old 10-15-18, 04:32 PM
Junior Varsity

BRM12 is an unknown quantity at this point
My two cents on this game....

While Massillon should and could win this game by 3 tds, I am very concerned heading into this game for several reasons:
1) The big win last week by Massillon could lead to ego's
2) It is the week before McKinley
3) Louisville is getting MUCH better
4) This is the super bowl for the program and community

Let's face it, these are high school kids. Focus can be anywhere, especially given the points I mentioned above. I will say this, if Massillon is a championship caliber team, they will find a way to win and win comfortably. I am just of the opinion it may very well turn into a dog fight! Louisville kids are like Massillon kids, they rise to occasions and won't back down from anyone!
Old 10-15-18, 05:41 PM
All American

falguin is on a distinguished road
I had to go back and check the thread on this. I forgot it was a thread about a football game. Let's discuss the game. I will give Louisville props for playing the Tigers, but I don't think a victory is in their future. Since Massillon renewed its series with Fitch, this is probably the best Massillon team. They are very balanced and have a lot of speed on both sides of the ball. Fitch was able to beat Louisville with speed. Massillon is probably as fast if not faster than the Fitch teams that handled Louisville. I like Louisville's offense. They always seem to have a good QB, but I can't see their defense stopping Massillon. Louisville also made some huge mistakes in its series with Fitch. I think it could have beaten Fitch a couple of times, but pick sixes and huge returns did them in. To have any chance, the Louisville QB is going to have to have a game of a lifetime. If Louisville scores early, this game could be interesting. But I will go with Massillon 45 to 14.
Old 10-15-18, 07:02 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
Sounds like you are buying into Demarcos mindset. I doubt very highly the players are thinking that way. Odds are against us but I refuse to enter a contest with my head down.
Actually my head is up, just looking at it from a very realistic viewpoint. Massillon is not a good team, they are a great team, once in a decade kind of team, and some of you have foolishly hyped the junior and senior classes up. The senior class haven't done crap. Their season speaks volumes, they lose to the better teams, and beat the teams they are better than. If these classes were so good, compared to a decade ago, they would have beaten those teams, it wasn't exactly a brutal schedule like everyone thought it was. Trust me, I'd love to see us play with Massillon, and I believe the boys will play hard and be in the game (in the 1st quarter) carried by adrenaline alone, but when the exceptional talent Massillon has, comes into play, the game will go lopsided, as it should.

Last edited by COACH_XYZ&12345; 10-15-18 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-15-18, 07:06 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23xTigers View Post
Listen I'd love nothing more than to pound the Leps by 30 and look good doing it, but I won't be surprised if they give us a good game Friday. Learned along time ago to never count any team out, before it is clear that victory is in hand. Hopefully our young men are giving their full attention to Louisville this week and aren't counting that W.

My only concern if I were a Massillon fan, would be looking past Louisville, going through the motions, knowing the "Big Game" is the following week. However I don't think that will be likely. Coming off a huge win last week, quite certain your Tigers will march into Louisville with a chip on their shoulder to do everything they can and walk out of Louisville stadium with a very decisive win.
Closed Thread