Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-12-18, 10:18 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy View Post
IVC 2020
Big
Garaway
Ridgewood
Indian Valley
Tusky Valley
Sandy Valley
Claymont

Small
Newcomerstown
East Canton
Strasburg
TCC
Malvern
Buckeye Trail
(Conotton Valley) Possibly
It was approved yesterday at the AD Meeting. Principals will vote next week. Conotton Valley wants into the small, but the only way that happens is if they find another school for the big. The issue with that is that it would be for football only. That will probably be tough to find. I know Harrison Central is a front runner if they want in, and also St. Thomas Aquinas, but I can't see them wanting in the big. If they can't get another big in, then Conotton will just have to wait to get in for football. As far as crossovers go, it's a topic still to be debated. If each division has seven, then there is a good possibility there will be no crossovers, but it's still up in the air. All of this will take place for football in 2020. This should put this widely debated topic to bed.
if THIS ^^^ in bold is true then they are fooling themselves - who would want to do that? IF I were king for a day I would either boot Hiland or demand they get football.

Not sure Fairless or Tuslaw would agree to leave one another and I KNOW neither would do that just for football as no league is going to take them for all other sports and not football.

poor plan if its true and I have no reason to doubt what was posted.
Old 10-12-18, 10:23 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateflash07 View Post
I have heard up to 4 teams. 1. Harrison Central 2. Fairless 3. Tuslaw 4.Coshocton

1 highest to accept 4 least likley
Interesting stuff.

1. HC
2a. Fairless
2b. Tuslaw
4. Coshocton

I'd tweak that just a bit because Tuslaw and Fairless would likely be a package deal. Hard to envision them leaving the PAC, but it never hurts to ask. They do have some league history with East Canton and the 3 Valleys as well as Claymont.
Old 10-12-18, 11:08 AM
All District

fan18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Interesting stuff.

1. HC
2a. Fairless
2b. Tuslaw
4. Coshocton

I'd tweak that just a bit because Tuslaw and Fairless would likely be a package deal. Hard to envision them leaving the PAC, but it never hurts to ask. They do have some league history with East Canton and the 3 Valleys as well as Claymont.
Like I said before.. I have herd Fairless and Tuslaw wanted out. So who knows.. Time will tell. I also have said be careful what u ask for cause u may not like what u get....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-18, 12:05 PM
All District

BobcatQB is on a distinguished road
Kershocton agreed to 10 year deal w/ MVL..unless they wanna pay $20,000 exit fee.
Old 10-12-18, 12:49 PM
All Ohio

pirateflash07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatQB View Post
Kershocton agreed to 10 year deal w/ MVL..unless they wanna pay $20,000 exit fee.
OK thank that leaves HC Tuslaw and Fairless
Old 10-12-18, 01:02 PM
All District

Orrville Man is on a distinguished road
what about Loudonville they are football only in the PAC
Old 10-12-18, 01:03 PM
All District

Hobgoblin
Try....

Harrison Central, St. Thomas Aquinas, Fairless...

There lies the truth above...
Old 10-12-18, 09:43 PM
Freshman

BarberShiv is on a distinguished road
I would pay the 20,000 to exit the MVL lol, IVC is a much better fit for Coshocton. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-18, 10:40 PM
Varsity

mingua is on a distinguished road
Earlier in the year I said there was no chance that Harrison would join the IVC (I live in Cadiz).

Now I'm telling you that it's a very likely possibility....

I was also told (from a board member) that they arrangement for the IVC in 2020 listed about is spot on. Connotton Valley joins for football in small school division, and Harrison to round out the big school.

Now eliminate one crossover game, and it's a great league...
Old 10-12-18, 10:42 PM
Varsity

lon is on a distinguished road
Using my new algorithm, I am now dividing Joe Eitel and Drew Pasteurs points along with using the point spreads from Drew by 6, I then multiply that number by 5. Which in turn is divided by 7 because of 7 divisions and I think I have created the perfect ranking system.

1. Indian Valley 48.958
2. Ridgewood 45.932
3. Garaway 45.092
4. Sandy Valley 41.981
5. East Canton 40.859
6. Tusky Valley 39.554
7. Buckeye Trail 34.857
8. Malvern 34.777
9. TCC 30.855
10. Strasburg 29.854
11. Claymont 24.365
12. Newcomerstown 22.954

You are all so welcome.
Old 10-12-18, 10:46 PM
All District

Damage450 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingua View Post
Earlier in the year I said there was no chance that Harrison would join the IVC (I live in Cadiz).

Now I'm telling you that it's a very likely possibility....

I was also told (from a board member) that they arrangement for the IVC in 2020 listed about is spot on. Connotton Valley joins for football in small school division, and Harrison to round out the big school.

Now eliminate one crossover game, and it's a great league...
Until Sandy decides to blow it up and join the small teams and they just form their own league.

Really, that's what we are talking about at this point. Two separate leagues and Sandy is going to want to stay with Malvern, East Canton and the northern schools.

I just don't see the point of having two 7 teams divisions in one league when you could just have two seven team leagues.
Old 10-12-18, 10:48 PM
Varsity

lon is on a distinguished road
Obviously Damage you don't understand sports and mathematics.
Old 10-13-18, 06:37 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage450 View Post
Until Sandy decides to blow it up and join the small teams and they just form their own league.

Really, that's what we are talking about at this point. Two separate leagues and Sandy is going to want to stay with Malvern, East Canton and the northern schools.

I just don't see the point of having two 7 teams divisions in one league when you could just have two seven team leagues.
I like your thinking....

Old 10-13-18, 07:36 AM
All District

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lon View Post
Obviously Damage you don't understand sports and mathematics.
The math is in your non league games. Thereís a lot of pretenders on here thinking that we are a state power house league and thatís just clearly not the case. Itís a relavent proposal to me. Thereís obviously a few schools that believe they make the rules as see fit, at least on our little forum they do. EC, Vern etc doesnít have a problem with SV playing northern. Only the teams that want their week 10 gate changed seem to. Iíd be open as a fan to schedule a heavy non league schedule to make up points for the lesser points gained by playing our natural rivals. EC, Vern and even TV. Let Wood and Way have their week 10 battle and keep the south and weíll form the newly no whiners North league.🤭😂
Old 10-13-18, 07:38 AM
All American

the original IVC schools are thick like thieves.

Malvern Strasburg TCC will not leave IVC

The advantage of having two divisions in the league is for other sports not football, lets call them invitational sports. I just don't see a split unless larger schools decide to leave but I am again telling you Ridgewood and Garaway will not leave the IVC either.

SV to the south is not a travesty - the Cards actually have the advantage scheduling now, lets say HC joins, that is 6 league games with Malvern and EC rounding out non league and they just find two other non league. The SV AD has to like the sound of that.

Conotton and Harrison would be great additions and I think it sets up nicely - enrollment wise, travel wise, and rivalry wise.
Old 10-13-18, 07:49 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
the original IVC schools are thick like thieves.

Malvern Strasburg TCC will not leave IVC

The advantage of having two divisions in the league is for other sports not football, lets call them invitational sports. I just don't see a split unless larger schools decide to leave but I am again telling you Ridgewood and Garaway will not leave the IVC either.

SV to the south is not a travesty - the Cards actually have the advantage scheduling now, lets say HC joins, that is 6 league games with Malvern and EC rounding out non league and they just find two other non league. The SV AD has to like the sound of that.

Conotton and Harrison would be great additions and I think it sets up nicely - enrollment wise, travel wise, and rivalry wise.
I’ve never weighed in much on the issue and it doesn’t bother me one way or another. But it truly seems there’s plenty of agenda being played out, at least from this forums perspective of people who claim to have close knit ties to the decision makers. It’s as if the reason the league isn’t relavant in state power football news is because SV doesn’t do what we tell them to do. Play football, get better and quit whining so much. You’re not Stark county football, keep working hard and you just may get there someday.

Last edited by hammerman37; 10-13-18 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-13-18, 07:51 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman37 View Post
The math is in your non league games. Thereís a lot of pretenders on here thinking that we are a state power house league and thatís just clearly not the case. Itís a relavent proposal to me. Thereís obviously a few schools that believe they make the rules as see fit, at least on our little forum they do. EC, Vern etc doesnít have a problem with SV playing northern. Only the teams that want their week 10 gate changed seem to. Iíd be open as a fan to schedule a heavy non league schedule to make up points for the lesser points gained by playing our natural rivals. EC, Vern and even TV. Let Wood and Way have their week 10 battle and keep the south and weíll form the newly no whiners North league.
Separating from the south or "big 3" sounds pretty good... I hope they take a good look at that.. Like I said, keep your whining and complaining big 3 and u may get what you ask for... I say, see ya south big 3... Let's see what happens....

Old 10-13-18, 07:53 AM
All District

Quote:
Iíve never weighed in much on the issue and it doesnít bother me one way or another. But it truly seems thereís plenty of agenda being played out, at least from this forums perspective of people who claim to have close knit ties to the decision makers. Itís as if the reason the league isnít relavant in state power football news is because SV doesnít do what we tell them to do. Play football, get better and quit whining so much. Your not Stark county football, keep working hard and you just may get there someday.
∆∆∆∆
Like!!!

Old 10-13-18, 08:15 AM
All American

LOL Thing is I do not live in any community that plays in IVC. I am just a fan of football and follow leagues all around the area I am from.

I don't see any of this as a "big deal".

There is no whining or complaining from me. To think there is a threat to set up a new league away from the IVC is something that is harder than many think. I just don't see schools jumping. Fairless has complained about being in the PAC for years yet that is the best league for them at this time.

But go ahead and continue the narrative you wish to follow. Not my fault some of yall are on the outside looking in. Happened to catch a game down route 800 and was able to speak to both superintendents last night. Decent game, lots of personal fouls, so much for anyone not thinking SV/EC wasn't a heated rivalry LOL.
Old 10-13-18, 08:26 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
LOL Thing is I do not live in any community that plays in IVC. I am just a fan of football and follow leagues all around the area I am from.

I don't see any of this as a "big deal".

There is no whining or complaining from me. To think there is a threat to set up a new league away from the IVC is something that is harder than many think. I just don't see schools jumping. Fairless has complained about being in the PAC for years yet that is the best league for them at this time.

But go ahead and continue the narrative you wish to follow. Not my fault some of yall are on the outside looking in. Happened to catch a game down route 800 and was able to speak to both superintendents last night. Decent game, lots of personal fouls, so much for anyone not thinking SV/EC wasn't a heated rivalry LOL.
You took that as a slight to you. I have no animous to you or anyone else on here. It’s just conversation. EC is as I thought, to much for us up front. We luckily percevered and got the win. Very fortunate for the Mighty Cardinals. Coach Gamble surprised me with his play call on the 4th and 1. He showed me something last night that I didn’t think he had in him yet. Big step for him in his young head coaching career.
Old 10-13-18, 08:47 AM
All American

Thing about that fourth and 1 is they chewed the clock down to where the ref in the defensive secondary was counting it down with the hand motion. Kudos to the qb and oline for cards. The QB barked and tried to draw offsides several times, then was cool enough to get play call it and then first down. That was the capper

What else could Gamble have done? call timeout and punt it like every boring play it safe coach out there. Or end it like he did with ball in his hands. Good call
Punting to the EC qb would have been playing with fire - just perfect moment for him to return one in a big game at a crucial moment. While it looked gutsy by the coach I think it was more calculated than anything. He played to win and not to lose.
Old 10-13-18, 08:57 AM
All District

Agree. The norm in SV play calling over the years is bark out, call timeout, punt, lose. My hat is off to him this morning, weather it worked or not. And if EC lineman doesn’t go down late in the 4th qtr, we may lose that game. That was pivotal if I’m a EC fan.
Old 10-13-18, 09:19 AM
All District

IVCguy is on a distinguished road
Ouch. Indian Valley has me butt-sore and limping this morning.
Old 10-13-18, 11:05 AM
All District

tuscoslimshady is on a distinguished road
Sv Ec High School football in its glory. Two neighboring schools,well coached,nice community support,homecoming,honoring SVs 50th year Alumni class and biggest of all(IMHO) showing support for Miss Russell.(Russell Strong) Sometimes in the chase of championships,playoff computer points and stats this stuff gets shoved in background ! Two teams playing their hearts out fighting through injuries with alot of emotion(a little chippiness comes with emotion),but not out of control ! A great night of High School Football ,CONGRATULATIONS to both communities. Well Done!
Old 10-13-18, 11:24 AM
Freshman

Treestand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Agree. The norm in SV play calling over the years is bark out, call timeout, punt, lose. My hat is off to him this morning, weather it worked or not. And if EC lineman doesnít go down late in the 4th qtr, we may lose that game. That was pivotal if Iím a EC fan.
And IF the Queen had balls sheíd Be the King..Nice win by SV, keep it rolling!
Old 10-13-18, 11:36 AM
Freshman

5FDP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVCguy View Post
Ouch. Indian Valley has me butt-sore and limping this morning.
Wow! Just looked at the stats. 500 yards rushing. Must have been an old fashioned butt kicking on the LOS. Looks like a 3 way tie for the big school.
Old 10-13-18, 12:54 PM
Varsity

mother_nature is on a distinguished road
This league is going to have 5 teams in regional play, with 3 hosting. Pretty impressive for a small league. I personally am glad to see Sandy moving up, I think it makes the big school division that much stronger. Also, it will help nct. I couldn't care less if anyone leaves the league, everyone is replaceable. If I only have one wish, I wish fan18 would make his own forum. I was very careful in what I wished for
Old 10-13-18, 01:15 PM
All District

tuscoslimshady is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
Wow! Just looked at the stats. 500 yards rushing. Must have been an old fashioned butt kicking on the LOS. Looks like a 3 way tie for the big school.
Cant get any closer than that,Congrats to all three. Lots of respect!
Old 10-13-18, 02:39 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treestand View Post
And IF the Queen had balls sheíd Be the King..Nice win by SV, keep it rolling!
Yup, relax S.B. We won, just trying to give some kudos to EC. They have a nice team and their bigs about ate our lunch. Week 9 is upon us.
Old 10-13-18, 02:57 PM
Junior Varsity

Lebron is on a distinguished road
I can say with confidence that Cambridge would give jt a serious look if they were invited.