Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-10-18, 08:19 AM
All District

Roobear33 is on a distinguished road
I now see the 'REAL' reason Ridgewood & Garaway want SV in the South.... If i were the AD at SV/Malvern/Newcomerstown/Strasburg & a few others, i'd be pounding the table HARD at these meetings!!!!!! Keep the league as is!!!!!!
Old 10-10-18, 09:37 AM
All District

RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobear33 View Post
I now see the 'REAL' reason Ridgewood & Garaway want SV in the South.... If i were the AD at SV/Malvern/Newcomerstown/Strasburg & a few others, i'd be pounding the table HARD at these meetings!!!!!! Keep the league as is!!!!!!
Why would Malvern, StrasVegas and Nct pound the table to benefit SV? If you believe Nct should remain in the South you are delusional.

I would love to hear your logic for why Wood and Garaway want SV in the South...SV should be the favorite to win the South the next couple years. Beat East Canton and the cards have their 1st IVC league title...Congratulations
Old 10-10-18, 09:50 AM
Freshman

SilverBullet1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I could be wrong, but I cant picture nct really pounding the table hard at these meetings wanting to stay where they are as you say they should. What reason would justify that? Distance is the only reason I could somewhat see. They are 0-7 and have way, wood and IV on the schedule. Havent been good in years. Why not play teams that would increase your chances for success when trying to build a program? Hard to get kids interested when they are getting pounded by those teams every week.
Old 10-10-18, 10:11 AM
All District

fan18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1 View Post
I could be wrong, but I cant picture nct really pounding the table hard at these meetings wanting to stay where they are as you say they should. What reason would justify that? Distance is the only reason I could somewhat see. They are 0-7 and have way, wood and IV on the schedule. Havent been good in years. Why not play teams that would increase your chances for success when trying to build a program? Hard to get kids interested when they are getting pounded by those teams every week.
Keep pounding your chest big boys... Every team goes through down times. I remember several years back NCT was pretty dang good!! Talent and numbers from d4 down fluctuate every now and then. People always wanting change.. just sayin, be careful what u ask for...........

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-18, 10:42 AM
Varsity

mother_nature is on a distinguished road
I think adding Sandy will make the big school league really good. Another big point game for the big school side and more winnable games for nct. Also I think Sandy will win that side their first year.
Old 10-10-18, 10:46 AM
Freshman

iveseenitall is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Real reason? Quit acting like there is some alternative motive to putting SV in the South, like it's some major conspiracy cooked up on the edge of Appalachia to keep the Cardinals down. Let's take a moment to review some facts.

1. NCT is the reason the league expanded due to travel times and this belief that IV, Claymont, Buckeye Trail and Tusky Valley kids were the same type of kids that they had. Ignoring the fact that the cultures at those other schools were much better than their own.

2. When the league decided to look into expansion, they kept NCT in the south to appease NCT admin with travel times. Sandy Valley said hey, if you're going to do it for them, why can't we get the same consideration. So the league appeased them as well.

3. Admins from several districts had issues with the crossover games from their conception. But they agreed to it eventually and the votes passed to expand the league. A few schools decided not to vote but the measure still passed.

4. New league goes in to effect and NCT isn't happy being the Connotton Valley of the league. Other South division teams are not happy because A) NCT is the smallest school on that side so they don't receive very many 1st level points for the win and B) NCT is getting boat raced every week so there are no 2nd level points.

5. Crossover games are still an issue, and no one seems all that happy about them except maybe 2-3 schools.

6. Discussion came up at the meetings this (2018) school year to shuffle things around a little bit. SV is looking at not receiving a lot of points for being the biggest school in the North and NCT can't compete in the south. Some admin ask that the league be aligned the way it should have been in the beginning.

7. SV is not being asked to move to the big because it's an "easy" win for anyone. The rest of the South teams want them there because if they win, the win has value. SV should be okay with this as well because they are building a program that can beat the Wood's, Way's and IV's on a yearly basis. And those wins have a lot more value to them than beating StrasVegas, TCC, and the past few years Malvern.

8. Football is the only sport it really affects because it is the only playoff system in Ohio that you have to qualify for. Everyone else gets a shot at the post season no matter their record.

9. Ridgewood and Garaway do want to play each other Week 10 whether they shuffle schools or not. The realignment and expansion of the league might allow this to happen, but it is not the reason they want NCT and SV to switch.
Old 10-10-18, 10:48 AM
Varsity

mother_nature is on a distinguished road
Not sure what " pounding your chest" has to do with wanting to schedule someone your own size and competition level?? But I do agree that all of these schools will have losing seasons sometime in the future
Old 10-10-18, 10:59 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_nature View Post
Not sure what " pounding your chest" has to do with wanting to schedule someone your own size and competition level?? But I do agree that all of these schools will have losing seasons sometime in the future
It means IV wood way all say they want more competition since they all think they are so dominant of this league.... Well maybe that's the case now.... But piss these smaller schools off and including SV and maybe they will say hay u guys want a league realignment then here u go it's all yours. Us smaller schools will make a league of our own and your out..... Don't think it can't happen... Careful what u ask for u may just get it....

Old 10-10-18, 11:03 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan18 View Post
It means IV wood way all say they want more competition since they all think they are so dominant of this league.... Well maybe that's the case now.... But piss these smaller schools off and including SV and maybe they will say hay u guys want a league realignment then here u go it's all yours. Us smaller schools will make a league of our own and your out..... Don't think it can't happen... Careful what u ask for u may just get it....

Then u may have to play in a league that always has a team that beats them in round 1 or 2 of playoffs... That's why I'm curious on why people think realigning the ivc will help them ever make it past week 11 or 12. Maybe joining the PAC 7 would help them??? Na.... They would never make the playoffs then...

Old 10-10-18, 11:16 AM
Freshman

Quote:

Once again, the realignment has nothing to do with teams being dominant. The only teams fans who made a comment about dominance were IV and they got a wake up call a week later. It's not about dominance at all. But since you want to ignore that point, keep pounding your chest and making grandiose statements.
Old 10-10-18, 11:19 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by iveseenitall View Post
Once again, the realignment has nothing to do with teams being dominant. The only teams fans who made a comment about dominance were IV and they got a wake up call a week later. It's not about dominance at all. But since you want to ignore that point, keep pounding your chest and making grandiose statements.
Competition/dominant.... What ever u want to call it..... U say u don't have the competition with out league realignment... U want it u may get it... Careful though. Could be the Louisville of the IVC...

Old 10-10-18, 11:25 AM
Freshman

Here is how I think they should do the split divisions. You have both sides wrap up their portion of the conference schedule by week 9. Week 10 you match up winner from the north vs. winner from the south. #2 north vs. #2 South and so on and so forth. Now that would really make some things interesting even though it would never happen.
Old 10-10-18, 11:32 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by iveseenitall View Post
Here is how I think they should do the split divisions. You have both sides wrap up their portion of the conference schedule by week 9. Week 10 you match up winner from the north vs. winner from the south. #2 north vs. #2 South and so on and so forth. Now that would really make some things interesting even though it would never happen.
How about, wood IV and way, find some league they feel suits there competitive realm and everyone else's stays happy...

Old 10-10-18, 11:33 AM
All District

Quote:
How about, wood IV and way, find some league they feel suits there competitive realm and everyone else's stays happy...

But I do like that idea.. better check and make sure it's ok with the big dogs..... Lol

Old 10-10-18, 11:39 AM
Varsity

Redline is on a distinguished road
Quote:

what does animal food have to do with this?
Old 10-10-18, 11:58 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
no new league is forming

make the switch - it can go back for winter and spring
eliminate crossovers
allow teams to schedule 4 & 5 as they wish

Way I see it SV has most to gain, they will play schools which will potentially give them more harbin points with wins and they will be able to schedule Vern and EC weeks 4&5 maintaining border rivals. I would imagine with SV on the up tick they will have some games with larger gates by having higher stakes in those league games meaning more $$$$ coming to athletic budget. SV in a tough region last I looked - They are 6-1 and at the 8th spot with a team .4 points behind them. Not alot of room for error.

Not sure why the newbie is spouting off so much - bet he would get shut down if spider knew he was running off at the mouth.
Old 10-10-18, 12:02 PM
Freshman

[QUOTE=fan18;7139183]How about, wood IV and way, find some league they feel suits there competitive realm and everyone else's stays happy...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using

You spew more manure onto a screen than all of the farmers in Tusc. County spread on their fields.

Ignore what fans from the schools say about their league not preparing them enough for the playoffs. That is an asinine statement. Regular season is all about getting to the dance and after that it is luck of the draw/who's playing the best and healthy. But to get to the dance you have to have the points. So each school should look out for themselves in that sense.

And trust me, even EC hates playing the 0fer teams as much as anyone else because they usually are poorly coached and lack discipline and you don't get any better facing teams like that.
Old 10-10-18, 12:04 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
no new league is forming

eliminate crossovers

Way I see it SV has most to gain, they will play schools which will potentially give them more harbin points with wins and they will be able to schedule Vern and EC weeks 4&5 maintaining border rivals. I would imagine with SV on the up tick they will have some games with larger gates by having higher stakes in those league games meaning more $$$$ coming to athletic budget. SV in a tough region last I looked - They are 6-1 and at the 8th spot with a team .4 points behind them. Not alot of room for error.

Not sure why the newbie is spouting off so much - bet he would get shut down if spider knew he was running off at the mouth.
Hey.. I sure EC will be fine with anything.. To only people spouting off and wanting to change anything is the big 3... What ever happens happens. But EC won't be crying either way...

Old 10-10-18, 12:04 PM
Freshman

Quote:
no new league is forming

eliminate crossovers

Totally agree that SV has the most to gain. With the move up, 1 or 2 losses doesn't kill their playoff hopes.
Old 10-10-18, 12:07 PM
All District

RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Piss off smaller schools? What in the hell are you drinking my man? Sandy Valley is NOT a smaller school...THEY ARE BIGGER than Ridgewood/Garaway/Newcomerstown/Buckeye Trail/East Canton/Malvern/TCC/StrasVegas.

If East Canton is upset, leave the league, btw East Canton was added to aid the smaller schools of the old IVC anyhow. Get outta here man. Bottom line, all fan bases can spin this however they choose, The league should be aligned according to enrollment. Period. That's not a dig on any program, that's called reason.
Old 10-10-18, 12:08 PM
All District

[QUOTE=iveseenitall;7139206]
Quote:

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using

You spew more manure onto a screen than all of the farmers in Tusc. County spread on their fields.

Ignore what fans from the schools say about their league not preparing them enough for the playoffs. That is an asinine statement. Regular season is all about getting to the dance and after that it is luck of the draw/who's playing the best and healthy. But to get to the dance you have to have the points. So each school should look out for themselves in that sense.

And trust me, even EC hates playing the 0fer teams as much as anyone else because they usually are poorly coached and lack discipline and you don't get any better facing teams like that.
I agree with this.. But EC will never complain. Just play what's infront of you and let the chips fall..

Old 10-10-18, 12:23 PM
All District

Quote:
no new league is forming

eliminate crossovers

By the way... Why would Spider care about what myself or anyone else on here say??? I'm sure he is focusing on more important things than people crying on yappi about league realignment.... Seriously what does he have anything to do with what is said on here. Bigger fish to fry....

Old 10-10-18, 12:34 PM
All American

Truth is EC waited for years to get into this league, had a shot when SV first came in but balked to stay in PAC
No one is crying about anything - this is a chat site people discuss things - you don't have to read it - that is a choice, being a jerk sadly for some is not a choice.
They aren't going anywhere and Fan is right they aren't saying a word, just he is.
And when a school is winning like they are at this time - say less.
Old 10-10-18, 12:39 PM
All District

Quote:
Truth is EC waited for years to get into this league, had a shot when SV first came in but balked to stay in PAC
No one is crying about anything - this is a chat site people discuss things - you don't have to read it - that is a choice, being a jerk sadly for some is not a choice.
They aren't going anywhere and Fan is right they aren't saying a word, just he is.
And when a school is winning like they are at this time - say less.
Football 101... Since you are so knowledgeable, why did EC elect to stay in the PAC at that time for? Curious... And isn't everyone on here entitled to there opinion? Or do u dictate who speaks out on here?

Old 10-10-18, 12:49 PM
All American

Its the tone youngin LOLOLOL

you slippin your digs in - its cool

why did they elect to stay? you would have to ask the super and AD at that time like anywhere - those are the two people with most info of league switches

AT THE TIME - there was a big pow wow and it was reported in the REP of how there was league shake up - so PAC had a big meeting invited many schools - it was at that meeting that SV announced leaving. I think the meeting was at Fairless but I could be wrong - have to dig for the article. If you have questions specifically for me try to utilize the feature of private messages on here.
Old 10-10-18, 01:08 PM
All Region

pcbuck is on a distinguished road
Does any coach have a chance to win at Strasburg?

The reason why Iím asking is that their former coach recently took the job at Norton.
Norton was 2-8 last year, beating 2 teams that both went 0-10. This year they are 6-1 and 1st Place in the PTC Metro. Their only loss was 21-20 in OT to undefeated Barberton.
Old 10-10-18, 01:15 PM
All Ohio

pirateflash07 is an unknown quantity at this point
The same EC Team, Hay Way Wood have been in the League forever and For EC to be saying anything is Dumb why don't you Ether Shut up. Or take your Hornets back to the PTC where you was Before.

As for this Drama, like I said leave the League alon Just Get rid of the stupid cross over games.
Old 10-10-18, 01:26 PM
Freshman

5FDP is on a distinguished road
I was very supportive of the league expansion, but unfortunately for a variety of reasons it was not done correctly like it should have been by school enrollment. Hence we have this debate and constant b____ing by many involved. The powers that be need to make the changes that are best for the league, and if certain admins don't like it then let them bolt and say good riddance.
Old 10-10-18, 03:47 PM
All District

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
From SV points perspective this year, it’s not playing the small teams that is hurting them, it’s the biggest schools they scheduled before league play that has been punishing. If Claymont and minerva win 3 games a piece we are in the running for a home game in week 11. Heck Fairless hasn’t done us any favors either for that matter. Just a very unfortunate schedule we have this year. Not to say the points from playing in the south wouldn’t have helped but it wouldn’t have gotten us even close to what minerva and Claymont would have had they won 3,4 or 5 so for this year the league we play in isn’t why we are hurting for points. Regardless, we trudge on, looking to gain some points from a Fairless win and maybe even TV if we are lucky in the next few weeks.
Old 10-10-18, 04:05 PM
All District

Damage450 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman37 View Post
From SV points perspective this year, itís not playing the small teams that is hurting them, itís the biggest schools they scheduled before league play that has been punishing. If Claymont and minerva win 3 games a piece we are in the running for a home game in week 11. Heck Fairless hasnít done us any favors either for that matter. Just a very unfortunate schedule we have this year. Not to say the points from playing in the south wouldnít have helped but it wouldnít have gotten us even close to what minerva and Claymont would have had they won 3,4 or 5 so for this year the league we play in isnít why we are hurting for points. Regardless, we trudge on, looking to gain some points from a Fairless win and maybe even TV if we are lucky in the next few weeks.
Part of the problem here is scheduling a league team in the non-league portion of your schedule.

You played Tusky week 3. That should've been a non league game. The way it worked out is Tusky played two small schools (EC & TCC maybe?) the next two weeks and those are also teams you play.

That means one of your opponents in guaranteed a loss. And it didn't help you played Fairless because TV also played Fairless non league.

So that's three weeks where either Tusky or another team on your schedule is guaranteed to lose. That's not good. If you had beaten a non-conference foe who would've then played teams not in the IVC they may have won all three games and picked up more L2 points for you.