Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-06-18, 05:45 PM
Junior Varsity

Ivchonk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman37 View Post
How long have they been out? Serious injuries or resting some of them for end of season?
Haven't been 100% sense Midway through week 2.
Idk what the timelines are for return.
Old 10-06-18, 06:09 PM
All District

colorswitch is on a distinguished road
Went and watched Malvern at Buckeye Trail, what an enjoyable high school event. I don't know that either team is going to play in week 15 but two small schools who played hard.
Old 10-07-18, 05:55 AM
Freshman

FaughtsAndy is on a distinguished road
The atmosphere at the Garaway /Ridgewood game was incredible. This needs to be played week 10. Often there is a league title or playoff implications. Huge rivalry between two well coached teams.
Old 10-07-18, 07:48 PM
Freshman

Football_fan1977 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorswitch View Post
Went and watched Malvern at Buckeye Trail, what an enjoyable high school event. I don't know that either team is going to play in week 15 but two small schools who played hard.
100% agree, great game. Most impressed with buckeye trail QB, while winning a double overtime game is very exciting, all the trail kids celebrating, which they should. The trail QB, number 9, didn't celebrate with his team in that moment, he went over to a Malvern kid number 52 that had his head down and shook his hand. Great sportsmanship, I love seeing that, doesn't happen enough.
Old 10-07-18, 09:37 PM
All District

colorswitch is on a distinguished road
What is the story on 33 for Buckeye Trail? Put him in #73 and let him clear a path.

Last edited by colorswitch; 10-08-18 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-08-18, 07:38 AM
Varsity

Redline is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaughtsAndy View Post
The atmosphere at the Garaway /Ridgewood game was incredible. This needs to be played week 10. Often there is a league title or playoff implications. Huge rivalry between two well coached teams.
I agree 100%. This game has become a great rivalry for both schools. Maybe with the realignment they can get this game moved to week 10.
Old 10-08-18, 08:22 AM
All District

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
I agree 100%. This game has become a great rivalry for both schools. Maybe with the realignment they can get this game moved to week 10.
This would explain a lot......
Old 10-08-18, 08:28 AM
All District

Big Game for EC this week, if they can pull a W it will catapult them up in contention of a 1 seat and most likely end up with the 1 by end of the year. Lose and they drop to around a 7. Both starting RB's down, how will this play out?
Old 10-08-18, 09:06 AM
All District

fan18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Big Game for EC this week, if they can pull a W it will catapult them up in contention of a 1 seat and most likely end up with the 1 by end of the year. Lose and they drop to around a 7. Both starting RB's down, how will this play out?
Wait and see.... Just wait and see.....
By the way probably even a bigger game for SV.. lose and they are out.....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-18, 10:29 AM
All District

Yes, you are correct. I think that East Canton has the ability to make it much more of an effective run into the playoffs than the Cardinals with this situation happening. This is where I was going with it. I'm not sure SV can make much noise this year, at least not as much as EC can with a 1 or 2 seat which we have no chance of seeing.
Old 10-08-18, 10:36 AM
All District

Quote:
Yes, you are correct. I think that East Canton has the ability to make it much more of an effective run into the playoffs than the Cardinals with this situation happening. This is where I was going with it. I'm not sure SV can make much noise this year, at least not as much as EC can with a 1 or 2 seat which we have no chance of seeing.
Just play it one week at a time for both teams. Love playing bordering districts. Especially with so much on the line! This makes it all the more exciting! Going to be fun! Maybe EC will get a little love this week from the rep.... Beings that we are playing you guys... Lol.. SV has been stealing all the spotlight in the rep....

Old 10-08-18, 01:27 PM
All District

Cardinal Nation is on a distinguished road
Sandy Valley is poised to shock the world! We can make a run, I feel it deep down in my bird bones.
Old 10-08-18, 02:06 PM
Freshman

Football_fan1977 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorswitch View Post
What is the story on 33 for Buckeye Trail? Put him in #73 and let him clear a path.
I think the fans down here may think the same way. Honestly, just a pretty young line and 33 is a junior and has never played the line, one of those in between kids that is quick for his size and coaches wanting him to run the ball but hasn't worked out thus far, and the kids on the line are improving week to week and will be pretty good unit next year.
Old 10-08-18, 02:31 PM
All Ohio

pirateflash07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright My Prediction is SV BY A TD 35-28
Old 10-08-18, 02:53 PM
All District

tuscoslimshady is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateflash07 View Post
Alright My Prediction is SV BY A TD 35-28
Sure hope youre right Pirate, probably will depend on the banged up kids on both teams being back. Hoping for a clean hard fought injury free game!! By the way you have to be a proud fan,your Pirates looking tough this year. Good luck the remainder of the year and post season!! And of course injury free!!!
Old 10-08-18, 07:04 PM
All District

Damage450 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline View Post
Week 10:

Ridgewood vs. Garaway
Indian Valley vs. Claymont
Tusky Valley vs. Sandy Valley

Makes too much sense.
Old 10-09-18, 08:50 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage450 View Post
Week 10:

Ridgewood vs. Garaway

Makes too much sense.
What's wrong with keeping this game where it's at, just because it's a rivalry between two schools doesn't mean it belongs in week 10.
Old 10-09-18, 08:53 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Week 10:

Ridgewood vs. Garaway

Makes too much sense.
much of this league has been driven by geographical proximity

Damage you have went with best rivalry scenerio and it just happens to also be a very good geographical set up.

I can see this being how it gets set up and I can't really see how there would be any grief over it. Sandy and Tusky are very close in proximity, and so are ridgewood and garaway, however I think the Claymont IV may be the closest which is saying something because the other two sets are very close.

who wants to crunch those numbers today?
Old 10-09-18, 10:28 AM
Varsity

lon is on a distinguished road
If switch happens, officially after spring sports we will see week 10 games of the following. No switch will be made until the league has been in place for two full years. Meaning we will have three years of sandy in small.
Sandy Valley and Tusky Valley
Ridgewood and Garaway
Claymont and Indian Valley
Buckeye Trail and Newcomerstown
East Canton and Malvern
TCC and Strasburg
Old 10-09-18, 10:31 AM
Freshman

SilverBullet1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Week 10:

Ridgewood vs. Garaway

Makes too much sense.
Would be fun to see garaway and ridgewood week 10. All three of the match ups will be good but I especially like it for wood and way. Garaway has played either tusky valley or strasburg and Ridgewood has had nct. Typically neither Garaway nor Ridgewood are in a dog fight week 10 so this would definitely give them a good tune up and great atmosphere to get ready for the playoffs since both teams usually live to see week 11
Old 10-09-18, 10:47 AM
All District

Quote:
Week 10:

Ridgewood vs. Garaway

Makes too much sense.
Now you are talking about aligning week to week. All these teams would play each other anyways.... Just move SV up NCT down, let Sandy play Vern and EC as crossovers and be done with it... I'm tied of hearing all the complaining about this anyway!!! When's the last time an IVC team won state anyways?? Talking about getting better prepared for playoffs.... What a joke.. Just play be competitive and hope for best!! If you feel the IVC isn't competitive enough for your team, find another league!! Enough already.....
Gezzz......

Old 10-09-18, 12:52 PM
Freshman

iveseenitall is on a distinguished road
The IVC, like many conferences, has gone to a traditional rival week 10 schedule. In the old IVC you had StrasVegas vs. The Way, SV vs. Malvern, and NCT vs. Wood. When EC joined it became TCC vs. EC week 10 if I remember correctly. The new IVC has kept this alignment as much as possible but had to change a little because of teams being on opposite sides of the conference.

NCT people don't want to admit this but Ridgewood does not view them as a rival. They've won 1 time since 2002. There are years that Wood does not even practice vs. NCT's scheme and just lines up and goes base defense and vanilla on offense because they know it won't be a game and are gearing up for the playoffs.
Old 10-09-18, 04:00 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan18 View Post
Now you are talking about aligning week to week. All these teams would play each other anyways.... Just move SV up NCT down, let Sandy play Vern and EC as crossovers and be done with it... I'm tied of hearing all the complaining about this anyway!!! When's the last time an IVC team won state anyways?? Talking about getting better prepared for playoffs.... What a joke.. Just play be competitive and hope for best!! If you feel the IVC isn't competitive enough for your team, find another league!! Enough already.....
Gezzz......

Yeah. Why try to improve? Sorry the concept of improvement bothers you so much.
Old 10-09-18, 06:49 PM
All District

Roobear33 is on a distinguished road
With both Ridgewood & Garaway being perennial play-off teams, the coaches may NOT want to play one another in a week 10 game.... Games such as these takes a toll on players/coaches, Perhaps not a good idea moving it to a week 10 match-up.... Just a thought... IMO......
Old 10-09-18, 07:36 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobear33 View Post
With both Ridgewood & Garaway being perennial play-off teams, the coaches may NOT want to play one another in a week 10 game.... Games such as these takes a toll on players/coaches, Perhaps not a good idea moving it to a week 10 match-up.... Just a thought... IMO......
I agree!!

Old 10-10-18, 05:31 AM
All District

Quote:
The biggest rivalries should be week 10.

Somehow Dover-Phila, Massillon-McKinley, Troy-Piqua, etc all can do it. I'm sure Ridgewood-Garaway would be fine.

Hell, just look at last year's IV-Claymont game.

It's common sense.
Old 10-10-18, 07:23 AM
Varsity

Redline is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think both coaches would welcome it IMO.
Old 10-10-18, 07:39 AM
All District

Quote:
The biggest rivalries should be week 10.

Somehow Dover-Phila, Massillon-McKinley, Troy-Piqua, etc all can do it. I'm sure Ridgewood-Garaway would be fine.

Hell, just look at last year's IV-Claymont game.

It's common sense.
Then you're saying Malvern/SV should continue to play each other week 10 after the league changes format?
Old 10-10-18, 07:40 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lon View Post
If switch happens, officially after spring sports we will see week 10 games of the following. No switch will be made until the league has been in place for two full years. Meaning we will have three years of sandy in small.
Sandy Valley and Tusky Valley
Ridgewood and Garaway
Claymont and Indian Valley
Buckeye Trail and Newcomerstown
East Canton and Malvern
TCC and Strasburg
nailed it!!!
Old 10-10-18, 07:51 AM
Freshman

iveseenitall is on a distinguished road
Ridgewood and Garaway want to play each other Week 10. Both have went to the league and asked for it to be the "rivalry" game at the end of the year, but it hasn't been well received by the commish or a couple admins(StrasVegas and NCT) . League alignment fixed the issue for Garaway, and when NCT is sent North it will do the same for Ridgewood. I honestly could see some movement on making it a Saturday night game as well because the gate would be HUGE!!!!.