Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-15-18, 06:29 AM
All World

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
I thought all of Trump's secret businesses were in Russia?
Saudi's own a whole floor in Trump Tower and a regularly support Trump Hotels. Jared was literally trading information to Prince in hopes for some capital options for his real estate problems.

Saudi Arabia was behind 9-11 and has been a corrupt country for the past four decades. Jon Oliver sums it up well.

Old 10-15-18, 07:10 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
How much money did the Saudi's donate to the Clinton foundation?
Old 10-15-18, 07:19 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
How much money did the Saudi's donate to the Clinton foundation?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What aboutism^^^^^^^^^^^Were you OK with the Clinton Foundation?
Old 10-15-18, 07:28 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What aboutism^^^^^^^^^^^Were you OK with the Clinton Foundation?
Trump actually had business interests in Saudi Arabia, the Clinton's were just shaking them down for money.
Old 10-15-18, 07:29 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
"Saudi Arabia has been a particularly generous benefactor. The kingdom gave between $10 million and $25 million to the Clinton Foundation. (Donations are typically reported in broad ranges, not specific amounts.) At least $1 million more was donated by Friends of Saudi Arabia, which was co-founded by a Saudi prince."

Bill Clinton said the foundation would no longer accept foreign donation "should Mrs. Clinton win in November".

Guess that means the Saudis are still paying Hillary. It's all good.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/u...n-charity.html
Old 10-15-18, 08:14 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Saudi's own a whole floor in Trump Tower and a regularly support Trump Hotels. Jared was literally trading information to Prince ... [/URL]
Was Jared trading information or literally trading information? I want to make sure I understand.
Old 10-15-18, 09:10 AM
All World

Donald Trump on EU and Mattis. " I think I know more about it than he does. And I know more about it from the standpoint of fairness, that I can tell you...

Now he says he spoke to the king and he said...nothing to see here Donald. He takes his word over intelligence and our allies.
Old 10-15-18, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Warren put out a video about her Native American heritage

https://twitter.com/elizabethforma/s...390664192?s=21
Old 10-15-18, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
She actually seems to think that somehow proves her case. 6-10 generations ago? LOL. Half the country has that.
Old 10-15-18, 09:37 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post

I don't think that counts. She's likely part Neanderthal as well.

Last edited by Irwin20; 10-15-18 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-15-18, 09:45 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:

Huge win for Warren and the Dems. Orange man is for sure done now.

All this really shows is that Warren is just as petty as Trump.
Old 10-15-18, 10:31 AM
All Yappi

Just saw this on the twitter: https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2...f-youre-white/

It appears likely that Liz actually has less Native American DNA than the average white person in the US.

Hence, pretty solid self-own.
Old 10-15-18, 10:33 AM
All American

I can see Warren's thinking I better do the DNA test on the down low because there is a real chance that it might prove I have been not telling the truth. Oh thank goodness I am. I am. Take that Trump!!!!!
Old 10-15-18, 10:36 AM
All World

Quote:
Saudi's own a whole floor in Trump Tower and a regularly support Trump Hotels.
If you know this, it must not be much of a secret. You said the problem is Trump's "lack of business transparency." Give us some example of these secret business deals, or admit that you don't know what you are talking about.
Old 10-15-18, 10:46 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

1/32nd (IF her great-great-great-grandmother was 100% injun and they can't say that with any authority) to 1/512th if it was actually back 10 generations. I've got better odds that I'm a rightful heir to the Scottish monarchy...
Old 10-15-18, 10:53 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
If you know this, it must not be much of a secret. You said the problem is Trump's "lack of business transparency." Give us some example of these secret business deals, or admit that you don't know what you are talking about.
OK - Here ya go
Trump and Saudi Arabia: Deep business ties spark new scrutiny

NEW YORK He has booked hotel rooms and meeting spaces to them, sold an entire floor in one of his buildings to them and, in desperate moments in his career, gotten a billionaire from the country to buy his yacht and New York's Plaza Hotel overlooking Central Park.

President Donald Trump's ties to Saudi Arabia run long and deep, and he's often boasted about his business ties with the kingdom.

"I love the Saudis," Mr. Trump said when announcing his presidential run at Trump Tower in 2015. "Many are in this building."

Now those ties are under scrutiny as the president faces calls for a tougher response to the kingdom's government following the disappearance, and possible killing, of one of its biggest critics, journalist and activist Jamal Khashoggi.

"The Saudis are funneling money to him," said former federal ethics chief Walter Shaub, who is advising a watchdog group suing the president for foreign government ties to his business. That undermines "confidence that he's going to do the right thing when it comes to Khashoggi."

Mr. Trump's first foreign visit as president was to Saudi Arabia last year, where he praised its new young ruler and boasted of striking a deal to sell $110 billion of U.S. weapons to the kingdom.

But those close ties are in peril as pressure mounts from Congress for the president to find out whether Khashoggi was killed and dismembered after entering a Saudi consulate in Turkey, as Turkish officials have said without proof.

Mr. Trump said he doesn't want to scuttle a lucrative arms deal with the kingdom and noted that Khashoggi is a U.S. resident, not a citizen. Saudi Arabia has called allegations it killed Khashoggi "baseless."

In an interview on CBS's "60 Minutes" with correspondent Lesley Stahl that aired Sunday evening, Mr. Trump said about allegations the Saudi government killed Khashoggi: "Nobody knows yet, but we'll probably be able to find out. It's being investigated. It's being looked at very, very strongly. And we would be very upset and angry if that were the case. As of this moment, they deny it. And den -- deny it vehemently. Could it be them? Yes."

The president added this in a tweet on Monday morning:

The president's links to Saudi billionaires and princes go back years and appear to have only deepened.

In 1991, as Mr. Trump was teetering on personal bankruptcy and scrambling to raise cash, he sold his 282-foot yacht "Princess" to Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin-Talal for $20 million, a third less than what he reportedly paid for it.

Four years later, the prince came to his rescue again, joining other investors in a $325 million deal for Mr. Trump's money-losing Plaza Hotel.

In 2001, Mr. Trump sold the entire 45th floor of the Trump World Tower across from the U.N. in New York for $12 million, the biggest purchase in that building to that point, according to the brokerage site Streeteasy. The buyer: The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Shortly after he announced his run for president, Mr. Trump began laying the groundwork for possible new business in the kingdom. He registered eight companies with names tied to the country, such as "THC Jeddah Hotel Advisor LLC" and "DT Jeddah Technical Services," according to a 2016 financial disclosure report to the federal government. Jeddah is a major city in the country.

"Saudi Arabia, I get along with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million," Trump told a crowd at an Alabama rally on Aug. 21, 2015, the same day he created four of the entities. "Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much."

The president's company, the Trump Organization, said shortly after his 2016 election that it had shut down those Saudi companies. The president later pledged to pursue no new foreign deals while in office.

In a statement this week, the company said it has explored business opportunities in many countries, but it does "not have any plans for expansion into Saudi Arabia."

Since Mr. Trump took the oath of office, the Saudi government and lobbying groups for it have been lucrative customers for Trump's hotels.

A public relations firm working for the kingdom spent nearly $270,000 on lodging and catering at his Washington hotel near the Oval Office through March of last year, according to filings to the Justice Department. A spokesman for the firm told The Wall Street Journal that the Trump hotel payments came as part of a Saudi-backed lobbying campaign against a bill that allowed Americans to sue foreign governments for responsibility in the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

Attorneys general for Maryland and the District of Columbia cited the payments by the Saudi lobbying firm as an example of foreign gifts to the president that could violate the Constitution's ban on such "emoluments" from foreign interests.

The Saudi government was also a prime customer at the Trump International Hotel in New York early this year, according to a Washington Post report.

The newspaper cited an internal letter from the hotel's general manager, who wrote that a "last-minute" visit in March by a group from Saudi Arabia accompanying Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman had boosted room rentals at the hotel by 13 percent for the first three months of the year, after two years of decline.

Saudi Arabia has also helped on one of President Trump's key policy promises and helped the president's friends along the way.

Last year, the kingdom announced plans to invest $20 billion in a private U.S.-focused infrastructure fund managed by Blackstone Group, an investment firm led by CEO Stephen Schwarzman. Blackstone stock rose on the news. Earlier this year, Mr. Trump unveiled a $200 billion federal plan to fix the nation's airports, roads, highways and ports, tapping private companies for help and selling off some government-owned infrastructure.

Schwarzman, who celebrated his 70th birthday at the president's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, accompanied President Trump on his visit to Saudi Arabia.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-a...-new-scrutiny/
Old 10-15-18, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Fascinating stuff there happy.

Let's see....someone who's business is real estate & hotels sold and rented property to people. Truly amazing.
Old 10-15-18, 12:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
OK - Here ya go
So, Donald Trump, who owns hotels and resorts around the world (including Saudi Arabia) has business ties to people around the world..... how did this happen?

Trump sold his nearly 300ft yacht to a wealthy person for $20M.... it was a Saudi...

YOU'VE CRACKED THE CODE! OMG! A global business man has business ties with global business people! Stop the presses!
Old 10-15-18, 12:43 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
1/32nd (IF her great-great-great-grandmother was 100% injun and they can't say that with any authority) to 1/512th if it was actually back 10 generations. I've got better odds that I'm a rightful heir to the Scottish monarchy...

They corrected their math; it is now 1/1,024th. LOL

Maybe she can put a tepee in her backyard and really fool people.
Old 10-15-18, 12:50 PM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Just saw this on the twitter: https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2...f-youre-white/

It appears likely that Liz actually has less Native American DNA than the average white person in the US.

So she has less Native American in her than the average Caucasian living in the US...well that one backfired...
Old 10-15-18, 01:25 PM
All Yappi

Clearly Trump should immediately release 1/1024th of his taxes.
Old 10-15-18, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Clearly Trump should immediately release 1/1024th of his taxes.
Of each of his tax forms.....
Old 10-15-18, 01:28 PM
All World

Quote:
OK - Here ya go

NEW YORK – He has booked hotel rooms and meeting spaces to them, sold an entire floor in one of his buildings to them and, in desperate moments in his career, gotten a billionaire from the country to buy his yacht and New York's Plaza Hotel overlooking Central Park.

President Donald Trump's ties to Saudi Arabia run long and deep, and he's often boasted about his business ties with the kingdom.

"I love the Saudis," Mr. Trump said when announcing his presidential run at Trump Tower in 2015. "Many are in this building."

Now those ties are under scrutiny as the president faces calls for a tougher response to the kingdom's government following the disappearance, and possible killing, of one of its biggest critics, journalist and activist Jamal Khashoggi.

"The Saudis are funneling money to him," said former federal ethics chief Walter Shaub, who is advising a watchdog group suing the president for foreign government ties to his business. That undermines "confidence that he's going to do the right thing when it comes to Khashoggi."

Mr. Trump's first foreign visit as president was to Saudi Arabia last year, where he praised its new young ruler and boasted of striking a deal to sell $110 billion of U.S. weapons to the kingdom.

But those close ties are in peril as pressure mounts from Congress for the president to find out whether Khashoggi was killed and dismembered after entering a Saudi consulate in Turkey, as Turkish officials have said without proof.

Mr. Trump said he doesn't want to scuttle a lucrative arms deal with the kingdom and noted that Khashoggi is a U.S. resident, not a citizen. Saudi Arabia has called allegations it killed Khashoggi "baseless."

In an interview on CBS's "60 Minutes" with correspondent Lesley Stahl that aired Sunday evening, Mr. Trump said about allegations the Saudi government killed Khashoggi: "Nobody knows yet, but we'll probably be able to find out. It's being investigated. It's being looked at very, very strongly. And we would be very upset and angry if that were the case. As of this moment, they deny it. And den -- deny it vehemently. Could it be them? Yes."

The president added this in a tweet on Monday morning:

The president's links to Saudi billionaires and princes go back years and appear to have only deepened.

In 1991, as Mr. Trump was teetering on personal bankruptcy and scrambling to raise cash, he sold his 282-foot yacht "Princess" to Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin-Talal for $20 million, a third less than what he reportedly paid for it.

Four years later, the prince came to his rescue again, joining other investors in a $325 million deal for Mr. Trump's money-losing Plaza Hotel.

In 2001, Mr. Trump sold the entire 45th floor of the Trump World Tower across from the U.N. in New York for $12 million, the biggest purchase in that building to that point, according to the brokerage site Streeteasy. The buyer: The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Shortly after he announced his run for president, Mr. Trump began laying the groundwork for possible new business in the kingdom. He registered eight companies with names tied to the country, such as "THC Jeddah Hotel Advisor LLC" and "DT Jeddah Technical Services," according to a 2016 financial disclosure report to the federal government. Jeddah is a major city in the country.

"Saudi Arabia, I get along with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million," Trump told a crowd at an Alabama rally on Aug. 21, 2015, the same day he created four of the entities. "Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much."

The president's company, the Trump Organization, said shortly after his 2016 election that it had shut down those Saudi companies. The president later pledged to pursue no new foreign deals while in office.

In a statement this week, the company said it has explored business opportunities in many countries, but it does "not have any plans for expansion into Saudi Arabia."

Since Mr. Trump took the oath of office, the Saudi government and lobbying groups for it have been lucrative customers for Trump's hotels.

A public relations firm working for the kingdom spent nearly $270,000 on lodging and catering at his Washington hotel near the Oval Office through March of last year, according to filings to the Justice Department. A spokesman for the firm told The Wall Street Journal that the Trump hotel payments came as part of a Saudi-backed lobbying campaign against a bill that allowed Americans to sue foreign governments for responsibility in the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

Attorneys general for Maryland and the District of Columbia cited the payments by the Saudi lobbying firm as an example of foreign gifts to the president that could violate the Constitution's ban on such "emoluments" from foreign interests.

The Saudi government was also a prime customer at the Trump International Hotel in New York early this year, according to a Washington Post report.

The newspaper cited an internal letter from the hotel's general manager, who wrote that a "last-minute" visit in March by a group from Saudi Arabia accompanying Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman had boosted room rentals at the hotel by 13 percent for the first three months of the year, after two years of decline.

Saudi Arabia has also helped on one of President Trump's key policy promises and helped the president's friends along the way.

Last year, the kingdom announced plans to invest $20 billion in a private U.S.-focused infrastructure fund managed by Blackstone Group, an investment firm led by CEO Stephen Schwarzman. Blackstone stock rose on the news. Earlier this year, Mr. Trump unveiled a $200 billion federal plan to fix the nation's airports, roads, highways and ports, tapping private companies for help and selling off some government-owned infrastructure.

Schwarzman, who celebrated his 70th birthday at the president's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, accompanied President Trump on his visit to Saudi Arabia.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-a...-new-scrutiny/
OK, if all this is public knowledge is seems transparency is not an issue. Do you still say the problem is Trump's "lack of business transparency?" If so, give us some example of his secret business deals, or admit that you don't know what you are talking about.

Or maybe the problem is just that you don't know what the world "transparent" means.
Old 10-15-18, 02:01 PM
All American

domi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Huge win for Warren and the Dems. Orange man is for sure done now.

All this really shows is that Warren is just as petty as Trump.
Sounds like she's presidential material to me.
Old 10-15-18, 02:13 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Unsurprisingly, the media is reporting that she has proven that she is Native American.

Kind of interesting that authoritarian governments normally have the news media clearly lie to support their regimes. Only in America does the media lie in opposition to the President and claim that he is trying to become an authoritarian government.
Old 10-15-18, 02:24 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
If that makes her Native American then we're all African
Old 10-15-18, 02:30 PM
All Yappi

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
There needs to be a concerted effort by the right to make sure she's the Dem nominee.
Old 10-15-18, 02:31 PM
All Yappi

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Breaking: Saudis are preparing report acknowledging Jamal Khashoggi's death was the result of interrogation that went wrong, one that was intended to lead to his abduction from Turkey - @clarissaward @TimListerCNN reporting

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/statu...14589049409536
Old 10-15-18, 02:46 PM
All American

domi is on a distinguished road
Donald should make the $1m donation to someone like Daughters of the American Revolution just to spite Warren.
Old 10-15-18, 02:49 PM
All American

What percentage was she? Trump should give that percentage of the 1M to the charity of her choice.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: