Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-23-18, 09:13 AM
Freshman

dad1 is on a distinguished road
Springboro v Carroll

Did anyone see this game the other day and have a complete story as to what happened at the end?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-18, 10:42 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad1 View Post
Did anyone see this game the other day and have a complete story as to what happened at the end?
I don't know but now you have me curious. What happened? Fight? Bad calls? Red cards? Concessions ran out of hot chocolate?
Old 09-23-18, 11:15 AM
Freshman

dad1 is on a distinguished road
I think two out of 4 of those. And a coach tackling a player, maybe?
Old 09-23-18, 11:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I think you're not telling everything you know. Come on, spill the beans.

But plenty of hot chocolate?
Old 09-23-18, 11:39 AM
Junior Varsity

ohiosportsnet9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I was there. I thought the officiating was poor. It was a very physical game and as time was expiring, a boro player made a hard foul right in front of the Carroll bench. This basically caused both benches to clear. I didn't see any coach tackle a player.
Old 09-23-18, 11:49 AM
Freshman

A-A-Ron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosportsnet9 View Post
I was there. I thought the officiating was poor. It was a very physical game and as time was expiring, a boro player made a hard foul right in front of the Carroll bench. This basically caused both benches to clear. I didn't see any coach tackle a player.
I Agree. It was an intense game from the start, and the CR didn't do a good job of getting it under control. Thought he could've issued more yellows and even a red in the second half.

Both benches cleared after the hard foul. There was a lot of pushing, shoving, and yapping. I do believe both coaching staffs and the officials did a good job of breaking it up and not letting it escalate. Didn't see a coach tackle a player
Old 09-24-18, 07:14 AM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Sounds like Carroll. Any Moms rush the field to get some licks in?
Old 09-24-18, 07:36 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Sounds like Carroll. Any Moms rush the field to get some licks in?
What's your reasoning for this comment? I was at the game. Were you? Carroll had Boro frustrated and made Boro play dirty.

I can only guess "sounds like Carroll" means that they frustrated yet another team and took there dirty play like men!

Won't even start on your sexist comment!
Old 09-24-18, 07:51 AM
All Region

Kickin Wing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Sounds like Carroll.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Someone put a couple posts on here not long ago (A-A-Ron?) about how Carroll can't schedule Beavercreek anymore because of "bad blood"... and Moeller doesn't want to play them... Sounds like they are about to have another team that doesn't want to play them anymore. Then you have Carroll fans on here asking why they aren't ranked, just because they can't schedule any top teams. Maybe you just found your reason they can't schedule anyone?
Old 09-24-18, 07:54 AM
All Region

ccalum
Is leaving the bench during a fight grounds for ejection in soccer like it is in basketball?
Old 09-24-18, 08:42 AM
All World

BlackHawk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin Wing View Post
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Someone put a couple posts on here not long ago (A-A-Ron?) about how Carroll can't schedule Beavercreek anymore because of "bad blood"... and Moeller doesn't want to play them... Sounds like they are about to have another team that doesn't want to play them anymore. Then you have Carroll fans on here asking why they aren't ranked, just because they can't schedule any top teams. Maybe you just found your reason they can't schedule anyone?

Maybe this is why Moeller doesn't want to play Carroll anymore:

2017 - no game played
2016 - Carroll 3 Moeller 1 (at Carroll)
2015 - Carroll 3 Moeller 1 (at Moeller)
2014 - Carroll 1 Moeller 0 (at Carroll)
2013 - Carroll 0 Moeller 0 (at Moeller)
2012 - Carroll 6 Moeller 0 (at Carroll)
2011 - Carroll 2 Moeller 1 (at Moeller)
2010 - Moeller 3 Carroll 1 (at Carroll)
2009 - Carroll 3 Moeller 0 (at Moeller)
2008 - Carroll 5 Moeller 0 (at Carroll)
2007 - Carroll 3 Moeller 1 (at Moeller)
2006 - Carroll 1 Moeller 0 (at Carroll)

That's as far back as the GCL website goes.

That's 1 win, 9 losses and 1 tie for Moeller against Carroll. Maybe that has something to do with why Moeller doesn't want to play Carroll anymore … Moeller can't beat them!

Maybe that's why Carroll can't schedule anyone. Now we're on to something!

Old 09-24-18, 09:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalum View Post
Is leaving the bench during a fight grounds for ejection in soccer like it is in basketball?
Not sure but I think it should.
Old 09-24-18, 10:09 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
[/B]
Maybe this is why Moeller doesn't want to play Carroll anymore:

That's as far back as the GCL website goes.

That's 1 win, 9 losses and 1 tie for Moeller against Carroll. Maybe that has something to do with why Moeller doesn't want to play Carroll anymore Moeller can't beat them!

Maybe that's why Carroll can't schedule anyone. Now we're on to something!

Maybe you are right... another instance of Carroll continuously beating up on an obviously weaker team. Every single one of those years Moeller soccer was LAST or next to last in their conference. With the 1 exception of 2010... where they beat Carroll.

NOW... in the last 2 years... where they are FIRST in their conference... What do you know!! they are no longer playing Carroll. I'm sure it was Moeller's decision to drop Carroll when they knew they were going to be good. AND since Carroll was coming into Div 1... they drop a Div 1 opponent. lol

I decided to look up the "Bad Blood" between Beavercreek and Centerville...
What do you know... They have never played EITHER team since 2005! That was as far back as the GWOC website went. That is some really bad blood!
Old 09-24-18, 10:11 AM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Maybe you are right... another instance of Carroll continuously beating up on an obviously weaker team. Every single one of those years Moeller soccer was LAST or next to last in their conference. With the 1 exception of 2010... where they beat Carroll.

NOW... in the last 2 years... where they are FIRST in their conference... What do you know!! they are no longer playing Carroll. I'm sure it was Moeller's decision to drop Carroll when they knew they were going to be good. AND since Carroll was coming into Div 1... they drop a Div 1 opponent. lol

I decided to look up the "Bad Blood" between Beavercreek and Centerville...
What do you know... They have never played EITHER team since 2005! That was as far back as the GWOC website went. That is some really bad blood!

What is the point you're trying to make?
Old 09-24-18, 11:01 AM
Freshman

The trolls have really come out on this thread! Lol!

I got sucked into this stupidity. When you start calling out a team's mothers, it is time for me to get out!!!

At the end of the day, we all have bias opinions and have forgotten that we are talking about teenage, student athletes that love the game.

Good luck to everyone
Old 09-24-18, 11:03 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
What is the point you're trying to make?
I just really wanted to see Carroll play Beavercreek or Centerville
Old 09-24-18, 12:15 PM
All Region

xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I just really wanted to see Carroll play Beavercreek or Centerville
I don't think that was your point. However, I would like to see those matchups as well. Hopefully we get one or both of those in the tournament. 0 losses between all 3 this year is pretty impressive.
Old 09-24-18, 01:53 PM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Maybe we'll see those games in the future with Carroll beginning new scheduling agreements going into their 3rd year back in DI.

It wouldn't have really made sense for Beavercreek to schedule a bunch of DII and DIII teams out of conference.
Old 09-25-18, 12:54 AM
Freshman

CJK09 is on a distinguished road
First off, Carroll is a very well coached and disciplined team. They are taught not to fight, or else they will be disciplined internally. BUT, it's hard for any young kid, in a competitive game, to take a hard foul and not be upset or mad. I don't care who you play for, who coaches you, if you're the son of a pastor...you're going to be mad.

2nd thing, in 2005, Beavercreek beat Carroll 1-0 at Carroll. It was always a huge rivalry game. As Beavercreek scored their goal late in the game, the Beavercreek player ran down Carroll's side of the field and flipped off the whole student section, as well as all the parents. I was there, and that was the last year that rivalry was played. So as far as the scheduling goes, I think its Carroll that doesn't schedule Beavercreek for the fact that the school's are practically on the same road and maybe 5 miles apart, and possibly that the schools are both powerhouses in the State of Ohio in soccer and don't want something like that to happen again.

And for the Moeller thing, Moeller has NEVER been on the "down" side when it comes to soccer. If they had a bad year, it's because they play all the powerhouse teams down south in Cincy and Kentucky. As I also have gone back and looked at Moellers schedules (since everyone is doing research), the last 5 years that Carroll and Moeller played each other, Carroll is the ONLY team that they play north of Cincinnati.

Last edited by CJK09; 09-25-18 at 01:04 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: