Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-10-18, 02:14 PM
Chop Stix Chop Stix is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-06-05
Location: 8000 Utopia Pkwy
Posts: 3,536
Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
This reminds me of the time I played HS summer league at Sports Plus with my friends from Finneytown and CPS. Our team had a lot of athletes but not much height.

First game of the summer we play these guys from Milford who looked like they were decked out in their school's varsity gear. They were huge. Multiple guys over 6'3.

They ended up being super soft and we beat them by about 20. They weren't racist at all; actually the opposite. They apologized every time they bumped into you.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-10-18, 02:15 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,236
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Living in the West Clermont school district I'm kinda surprised it wasn't their team wearing those jerseys.

I've had to sit on the bench and pretend to coach at HS Rec games. Unless the kids know each other they can sometimes get a little too physical.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-10-18, 02:35 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I donít think itís for diagramming plays pboy. Itís for liability. Elder assumes the liability as the school. The league isnít going to do that. Are you really this dumb?
I would assume they have parents sign some kind of waiver before hand, seems more pragmatic.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-10-18, 02:36 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Living in the West Clermont school district I'm kinda surprised it wasn't their team wearing those jerseys.

I've had to sit on the bench and pretend to coach at HS Rec games. Unless the kids know each other they can sometimes get a little too physical.
Funny thing how it's not the kids for the sticks who pulled this stunt, it's upper middle class Suburban kids.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-10-18, 02:45 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 17,423
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
That's why officials are there. For IM at Elder, there was one teacher who was there as supervision, and that's all that was needed. You don't some dude diagraming inbounds plays for a Rec League game.
That's not the same, Elder kids all know each other and aren't going to fight. None of us knew this kid, and we played greasy teams from Oak Hills and LS that always had a chip on their shoulders.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-10-18, 02:45 PM
Zunardo Zunardo is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-03-10
Posts: 1,696
Zunardo is on a distinguished road
This is what happens when kids from the 'burbs watch their favorite comedians (who are celebrated for similar outrageousness), then try to emulate them in real life, thinking they, too, will be celebrated for their satiric commentary on race in our society.

Or maybe they're just horrible kids. Or innocent kids with horrible parents. Or somewhere in between. Hard to tell.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-10-18, 02:49 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
This is what happens when kids from the 'burbs watch their favorite comedians (who are celebrated for similar outrageousness), then try to emulate them in real life, thinking they, too, will be celebrated for their satiric commentary on race in our society.

Or maybe they're just horrible kids. Or innocent kids with horrible parents. Or somewhere in between. Hard to tell.
The 16/17/18 Yrs old, any excuse about imitating celebrities or comedians is weak.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-10-18, 03:03 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,458
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
If my kid isn't good enough for varsity he will not participate in rec league sports with a bunch amateurs. Sports are a privelege, for winners only
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-10-18, 03:04 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,458
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
That's not the same, Elder kids all know each other and aren't going to fight. None of us knew this kid, and we played greasy teams from Oak Hills and LS that always had a chip on their shoulders.
Elder kids wouldn't fight regardless if they knew the other person or not
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-10-18, 03:13 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,566
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I don't understand why people are mad at the school? If I'm understanding correctly, it's not a Kings Team, just a team of Kings Students. The School doesn't have control over the decisions these kids make when they're out of class. Blame the kids, they're old enough to know better.
Very true, but I think it's a public league of these "intramural" teams and I'm sure the schools had to sign off on it, also allowing them to use the schools.

I fully agree though, this is on the kids, they knew exactly what they were doing.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-10-18, 03:17 PM
Sig Hansen Sig Hansen is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: the Reds will be fine.
Posts: 17,423
Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Elder kids wouldn't fight regardless if they knew the other person or not
Not enough CPS kids for that
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-10-18, 03:23 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,566
14Red is on a distinguished road
Generally, I think these leagues are a great idea. At many of these huge schools, there are 70-80% of the student body who isn't involved in anything. You only have 20-30 kids on a high school basketball team - varsity to freshmen, so rec leagues are great. However, as we can see, they need some supervision. The fact that this got 4 games in is very embarassing, and also I'm sure these kids have been bragging to their classmates for weeks about their uniforms and this stunt. There are not many innocent people here.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-10-18, 03:23 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,126
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
I would assume they have parents sign some kind of waiver before hand, seems more pragmatic.
Iím sure they do, but they arenít stupid enough to not require a responsible adult to be present on the sideline since the kids are minors.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-10-18, 05:50 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
This reminds me of the time I played HS summer league at Sports Plus with my friends from Finneytown and CPS. Our team had a lot of athletes but not much height.

First game of the summer we play these guys from Milford who looked like they were decked out in their school's varsity gear. They were huge. Multiple guys over 6'3.

They ended up being super soft and we beat them by about 20. They weren't racist at all; actually the opposite. They apologized every time they bumped into you.
Everyone knows you're white. You can't hide it.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-10-18, 06:05 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,291
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
WOW someone hate's Catholics. Please seek psychiatric help.
Dude....relax


I always thought "punching the bishop" referred to the chess piece's shape, and really had nothing to do with clergy. Am I missing something ?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-10-18, 06:07 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 6,899
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
MoeDud
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-10-18, 06:31 PM
chs1971 chs1971 is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 2,657
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Very true, but I think it's a public league of these "intramural" teams and I'm sure the schools had to sign off on it ...
Read the article. The teams were not affiliated with any school.

We do not need the government's permission for everything we do.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-10-18, 07:01 PM
Sports Jock and Chad Sports Jock and Chad is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-12-17
Posts: 37
Sports Jock and Chad is on a distinguished road
South Lebanon is one of the most rascist places I have ever been...I was riding the bike trail a few years ago and stopped at a store for a cold drink...it was filled with racist slogans...really bizarre...felt like I was in rural Mississippi in 1925
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-10-18, 07:03 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,291
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Jock and Chad View Post
South Lebanon is one of the most rascist places I have ever been...I was riding the bike trail a few years ago and stopped at a store for a cold drink...it was filled with racist slogans...really bizarre...felt like I was in rural Mississippi in 1925
please, share some examples
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-10-18, 07:41 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,126
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Dude....relax


I always thought "punching the bishop" referred to the chess piece's shape, and really had nothing to do with clergy. Am I missing something ?
Youíre like a walking encyclopedia of masterbation knowledge.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-10-18, 07:42 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,126
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Very true, but I think it's a public league of these "intramural" teams and I'm sure the schools had to sign off on it, also allowing them to use the schools.

I fully agree though, this is on the kids, they knew exactly what they were doing.
Can you actually tie your own shoes?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-11-18, 07:06 AM
Sports Jock and Chad Sports Jock and Chad is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-12-17
Posts: 37
Sports Jock and Chad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Jock and Chad View Post
South Lebanon is one of the most rascist places I have ever been...I was riding the bike trail a few years ago and stopped at a store for a cold drink...it was filled with racist slogans...really bizarre...felt like I was in rural Mississippi in 1925

They had a pic of Shaq and a McDonalds cup on the wall...handwritten underneath..."Don't support these ni***er lovers"...

It was shocking...there were some other things like it...we high tailed it out of there!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-11-18, 08:06 AM
ohiopup ohiopup is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-07-01
Location: Grove City
Posts: 8,065
ohiopup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Dude....relax
I always thought "punching the bishop" referred to the chess piece's shape, and really had nothing to do with clergy. Am I missing something ?

Well.... Somebody got it!!!!

Have a banana

Have a bunch...


P.S. Did you know that bananas grow up (the stem portion is on the bottom),






:>---

SALT
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-11-18, 08:12 AM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,458
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Yeah I understood the metaphor cabez.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-11-18, 08:47 AM
KingKong24 KingKong24 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-06-09
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,875
KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Jock and Chad View Post
They had a pic of Shaq and a McDonalds cup on the wall...handwritten underneath..."Don't support these ni***er lovers"...

It was shocking...there were some other things like it...we high tailed it out of there!
Parkie Scott owned that store and wasnít a resident of South Lebanon. He has the property in Oregonia where you can see the barn with the Confederate Flag rooftop off of 71.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-11-18, 09:20 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong24 View Post
Parkie Scott owned that store and wasnít a resident of South Lebanon. He has the property in Oregonia where you can see the barn with the Confederate Flag rooftop off of 71.
I know exactly which barn you're talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-11-18, 09:45 AM
EastYoungstown EastYoungstown is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-04-12
Posts: 9,708
EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
'shaking hands with the governor' was the parlance of my time
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-11-18, 10:28 AM
Sports Jock and Chad Sports Jock and Chad is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-12-17
Posts: 37
Sports Jock and Chad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong24 View Post
Parkie Scott owned that store and wasnít a resident of South Lebanon. He has the property in Oregonia where you can see the barn with the Confederate Flag rooftop off of 71.
That explains it...My family always comments on how ridiculous the barn looks when we head up 71...White trash..America's greatest natural resource!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-11-18, 10:49 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Better than PantherDad
Posts: 7,420
Descartes has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Jock and Chad View Post
That explains it...My family always comments on how ridiculous the barn looks when we head up 71...White trash..America's greatest natural resource!
Yeah bc only white people are racist.

Last edited by Descartes; 01-11-18 at 11:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-11-18, 11:51 AM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,361
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Are you really this dumb?
Careful, man. I think I got locked out of the Elder forum for telling Pboy he has a bad life.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz