Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-02-18, 03:09 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,539
serpico is on a distinguished road
There are professional people out there that are convinced they are getting screwed when bonuses/supplementals are taxed at a higher rate. They actually believe they won't ever see that money back.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-02-18, 03:40 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,126
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
There are professional people out there that are convinced they are getting screwed when bonuses/supplementals are taxed at a higher rate. They actually believe they won't ever see that money back.
Thatís actually funny.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-02-18, 10:46 PM
buckeye53 buckeye53 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-30-14
Location: The Sierra Nevada, NorCal
Posts: 509
buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Being retired I get nothing, but I give the bug guy, and the guy in the booth at the dump $20.00 each.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-03-18, 08:11 AM
thePITman thePITman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-06-06
Location: Wayne County, Ohio
Posts: 9,370
thePITman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
If itís truly supplemental income, it should be withheld at that higher supplemental rate.
I don't know what a supplemental rate is, but if it's higher than our normal tax rate, that would explain why we keep saying our bonus seems to get taxed way more than our normal paycheck.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-03-18, 08:23 AM
Zunardo Zunardo is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-03-10
Posts: 1,696
Zunardo is on a distinguished road
I remember getting a spot award twice, both for $500. I got a separate check each time, actual payment was close to $350, so they were withholding $150, or 30% in taxes. I remember thinking they never withheld that much from my paycheck

But the $500 would be rolled into my income at year's end, so I got about $75 back on my refund for just that payment. Just an easy way for the feds to have free use of more of my money during the year.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-03-18, 11:07 AM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,126
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
I remember getting a spot award twice, both for $500. I got a separate check each time, actual payment was close to $350, so they were withholding $150, or 30% in taxes. I remember thinking they never withheld that much from my paycheck

But the $500 would be rolled into my income at year's end, so I got about $75 back on my refund for just that payment. Just an easy way for the feds to have free use of more of my money during the year.
We pay out incentives in March. I just adjust withholdings for the remainder of the year to get back as close to $0 on my taxes as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-03-18, 11:10 AM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,080
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Yeah, it's pretty easy to manipulate your withholdings if you don't want uncle sam sitting on your money.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-03-18, 12:40 PM
superduper superduper is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-15-17
Location: your mom's basement
Posts: 223
superduper is on a distinguished road
I usually grope all the women at the Xmas office party......that's a nice holiday gift I think.......love, Harvey W.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-03-18, 03:05 PM
WinstonSmith WinstonSmith is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-11-16
Posts: 3,102
WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
We pay out incentives in March. I just adjust withholdings for the remainder of the year to get back as close to $0 on my taxes as possible.
I do the same.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doubledribble, the AARP Boys and Diva One Who Knows General Board 6164 07-18-18 10:27 AM
Alliance Christmas Classic pete penny Boys Basketball 2 12-22-17 09:50 AM
Christmas Sparty OhioEliteWC Wrestling 1 11-29-17 05:01 PM
Greater Cleveland Picks Contest, Week Nine; Week Eight results Myron Football 37 10-20-17 05:45 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz