Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-08-18, 01:42 PM
All Ohio

cchs1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Not playing was mentioned before the Clay game so I'd say the presumption was correct.

Hopefully not hurt badly and back soon? Senior right?
By far the best player in NW Ohio and a great kid, he hurt his shoulder in game 3 in Cali and has been in a sling since, SJJ very tight lipped about his condition, including his teammates.
Old 01-08-18, 03:57 PM
Varsity

NWObballfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchs1983 View Post
By far the best player in NW Ohio and a great kid, he hurt his shoulder in game 3 in Cali and has been in a sling since, SJJ very tight lipped about his condition, including his teammates.
He dunked during pregame warm ups against Clay.
Old 01-08-18, 04:29 PM
Junior Varsity

D1nwobb is on a distinguished road
Based on what their AD said, he was cleared to play against Clay. They figured they could beat Clay without him and with St. Francis & St. Ed's coming up this weekend, they had him sit.
Old 01-08-18, 04:40 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Skipped out on the boxing match huh? Figures. These newer johnnies send powder when they fart. Like to know who threw the punch, probably got a little legacy in him.
Old 01-10-18, 06:21 AM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
The Eagles rose last night. Defeated Waite in 2OT. Good game. Leach did not play for Waite.
Old 01-10-18, 08:32 AM
Freshman

Eaglesrize is on a distinguished road
I see what you did Irish.

Wamer scored 37.

Could do that every night in the TAAC.

Last edited by Eaglesrize; 01-10-18 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-10-18, 10:03 AM
All Region

Smalls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesrize View Post

Wamer scored 37.

Stop. Enjoy the win.

You are like the 19 year old, who has never played a meaningful minute, playing at the YMCA vs old guys. Down 10-2, playing to 11, you bank a 3, get in the defenders face, talk trash and make 3 goggles.......while wearing a headband, double arm sleeves and Big Baller Brand shoes.

At least act like you have been there before.

Last edited by Smalls; 01-10-18 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling
Old 01-10-18, 10:36 AM
Freshman

zdad2016 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Skipped out on the boxing match huh? Figures. These newer johnnies send powder when they fart. Like to know who threw the punch, probably got a little legacy in him.
King punched Reddick. It happened. I saw it, and I heard it. The whole gym heard it. It was ugly, no doubt about it. It happened about 4 feet from Heintschel but was away from the ball so the refs didn't see it.
Old 01-10-18, 12:18 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesrize View Post

Wamer scored 37.

Giving credit where due. Are both coaches Rodriguez? Related? One Whitmer on Start right? They should have played one on one after the 2nd OT.

I think Wamer is a good player. Unsure he cracks the line-up of 96' Eagles.
Old 01-10-18, 12:23 PM
Junior Varsity

chrundle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Stop. Enjoy the win.

You are like the 19 year old, who has never played a meaningful minute, playing at the YMCA vs old guys. Down 10-2, playing to 11, you bank a 3, get in the defenders face, talk trash and make 3 googles.......while wearing a headband, double arm sleeves and Big Baller Brand shoes.

At least act like you have been there before.
The current eagle team appears to be a reincarnation of Allen Iverson. Headbands, double arms sleeves, leg sleeves. I'm guessing that Waite turned off the heat in the school last night, given how bundled up the Clay youngsters were.
Old 01-10-18, 12:36 PM
All Region

Smalls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrundle View Post
The current eagle team appears to be a reincarnation of Allen Iverson. Headbands, double arms sleeves, leg sleeves. I'm guessing that Waite turned off the heat in the school last night, given how bundled up the Clay youngsters were.
Hey, whatever works with the wardrobe.

I was talking about he/she, who talks big, lets everyone know when they do well and disappears when the going is bad and seems more interested in taking shots at others success.

They need to just be a fan, be a little more humble and more people would root for the underdog.
Old 01-10-18, 04:55 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
Giving credit where due. Are both coaches Rodriguez? Related? One Whitmer on Start right? They should have played one on one after the 2nd OT.

He does. Wamer is a Kovac type, maybe without the personal connections. Tenacious. Head in the game. Precognition. I enjoyed his play at QB, there is some above average athletic skill there also, if not the natural measures. He makes any team in the TRAC, on role modeling alone. He is very much one of those "old school" johnnies I talked about. If they had lost, he'd be the same person as the one who won. Mistakes don't kill him. Dust off, throw the next punch. I repeat, he makes any team in the TRAC
Old 01-10-18, 04:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdad2016 View Post
King punched Reddick. It happened. I saw it, and I heard it. The whole gym heard it. It was ugly, no doubt about it. It happened about 4 feet from Heintschel but was away from the ball so the refs didn't see it.

A shame. Presuming correct, not taking sides. I don't think anyone has high hopes anyone at the school would take a high road on it. Regardless, we don't have a full story. If the Clay kid wasn't at least a little bit beligerant leading up to it, he's growing up on the wrong side of the river, lol.

Hopefully there was no lasting hurt and it gets dealt with honestly.
Old 01-10-18, 05:52 PM
All District

Trailsendcustom is on a distinguished road
Quote:

That team was so good they cut me in the 8th grade...
Old 01-10-18, 07:30 PM
All Yappi

96 Clay? Huh? Libbey, Whitmer, SJJ... Wamer's embryo could have made the 96 team. Am I thinking wrong year? Long time ago. Must be a joke.
Old 01-10-18, 07:46 PM
All District

BacktoBack is on a distinguished road
I agree on Wamer, kid put on a show last night(at least that's when I saw the game). He and Banks didn't disappoint.

As far as the arm sleeves go, I see it everywhere. Kids with double arm sleeves, t shirts, headbands, even what appear to be long johns with built in knee pads. I can't make heads or tails of it. You have guys out there with a t shirt on and some Flo Jo type leggings on. I personally find it all distracting. If they cut all that out and spent their dress up time on free throws, the game would improve. And not just the kids from Clay, all of the kids.

But I'm also getting pretty old, so there's that too.
Old 01-10-18, 08:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBack View Post
I agree on Wamer, kid put on a show last night(at least that's when I saw the game). He and Banks didn't disappoint.

As far as the arm sleeves go, I see it everywhere. Kids with double arm sleeves, t shirts, headbands, even what appear to be long johns with built in knee pads. I can't make heads or tails of it. You have guys out there with a t shirt on and some Flo Jo type leggings on. I personally find it all distracting. If they cut all that out and spent their dress up time on free throws, the game would improve. And not just the kids from Clay, all of the kids.

But I'm also getting pretty old, so there's that too.
Those flo jos might help the circulation.

Anyone seen shorts rolled or tucked yet? Toledo so behind the times, might not hit for another ten years. I still see Farah hair.
Old 01-12-18, 12:23 PM
All Ohio

smurfyeah19 is on a distinguished road
Hate this whole sellout crap. Wanted to see SJJ/SFS tonight, already sold out yesterday. Sucks
Old 01-12-18, 03:29 PM
All Yappi

SJJ sold out decades ago.

Oh, you mean attendance. Crap? How is it "crap?" You think they made it up so that you couldn't go? Those devils. Or is this your indirect way of bragging up a sell-out?
Old 01-12-18, 04:18 PM
All Ohio

Just sucks that I canít go early and buy a ticket in
Old 01-12-18, 05:23 PM
All Yappi

Yep.

Canceled? improves tomorrow's game for SJJ. SFS followed by Ed's would be a challenging ride.
Old 01-12-18, 06:25 PM
All World

Game on last I heard.

C'mon smurf, get creative. Show up and I bet you can figure a way in.
Old 01-12-18, 09:41 PM
All Ohio

They repeatedly posted how only TRAC passes would be allowed on twitter. They werenít kidding around
Old 01-12-18, 09:50 PM
All Ohio

Vince has 29 at half? 8-9 from the arc? Unguardable.
Old 01-13-18, 11:04 AM
Varsity

Vince finished with 35, Houston King had 29. They combined for 22/30 shooting. Best SJJ 1-2 punch since Roberts/Raymond.
Old 01-13-18, 11:55 AM
All World

I thought they both played very well. Vince's game has grown leaps and bounds since his freshman year. Tough match-up. St. Johns is clearly the class of the TRAC this year and anything short of a miracle should not lose to any team in the area.

BUT I would have liked to see these guys play against TRAC/City teams pre 2012. I do not want to offend anyone with a kid playing but the league and area are so incredibly down. As I watched the SJ/SF game last night is all I could think about was how this SJ team would match up against Bussey, Cole, Harris, Towbridge and Kizer? I see a lot of kids starting in the TRAC and NLL who would struggle to play just 4-5 years ago.
Old 01-13-18, 12:14 PM
Varsity

Quote:
I thought they both played very well. Vince's game has grown leaps and bounds since his freshman year. Tough match-up. St. Johns is clearly the class of the TRAC this year and anything short of a miracle should not lose to any team in the area.

BUT I would have liked to see these guys play against TRAC/City teams pre 2012. I do not want to offend anyone with a kid playing but the league and area are so incredibly down. As I watched the SJ/SF game last night is all I could think about was how this SJ team would match up against Bussey, Cole, Harris, Towbridge and Kizer? I see a lot of kids starting in the TRAC and NLL who would struggle to play just 4-5 years ago.
I tend to think this team is better than the 2013 SJJ team that ran through the teams you are talking about fairly easily until Gardner got hurt. Vince is better than Loving was and King is better than Gardner.
Old 01-13-18, 12:38 PM
All World

Those two might be better but is what I do know is Loving and Gardner played stiffer competition. Period.
Old 01-13-18, 01:45 PM
All Ohio

Yeah I agree the league is down but SJJ is also blowing the doors off everyone so I think itís safe to say theyíre on the level of those teams. Really interested to see them vs St Edís tonight
Old 01-13-18, 03:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

And donít for get the 2011 Irish final 4 team that had Lehman and Jones and about 7 really good role players. The area is at an all time low...