Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-21-17, 11:34 AM
All Region

Panther72 is on a distinguished road
Fairmont and Trotwood

I just read the DDN article about a fight between these 2 teams and 10 players getting ejected? Were any coaches kicked out? Anyone have details please feel free to shine some light. this is sad to hear and poor reflection on dayton girls bball.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-17, 05:12 PM
All World

User13
I was not at that game, but I heard from two friends who were. Here is what they told me:

- Trotwood scored the first six points, then it was all Fairmont.

- Trotwood did not score in the second quarter.

- Two technical fouls were called on Trotwood players, at different times.

- Midway through the final period, a Trotwood player slammed a Fairmont player to the ground. Several players left both benches.

- They did not think any coaches were ejected.

The final four plus minutes of the game were cancelled, with Fairmont holding a 52-16. Several players from each team will likely receive a two game suspension.

All in all, obviously an unfortunate situation!

Last edited by User13; 12-22-17 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Improved accuracy.
Old 12-23-17, 01:00 AM
All American

bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by User13 View Post
I was not at that game, but I heard from two friends who were. Here is what they told me:

- Trotwood scored the first six points, then it was all Fairmont.

- Trotwood did not score in the second quarter.

- Two technical fouls were called on Trotwood players, at different times.

- Midway through the final period, a Trotwood player slammed a Fairmont player to the ground. Several players left both benches.

- They did not think any coaches were ejected.

The final four plus minutes of the game were cancelled, with Fairmont holding a 52-16. Several players from each team will likely receive a two game suspension.

All in all, obviously an unfortunate situation!
Did your two friends have you change your original post?It was different earlier
Old 12-23-17, 03:38 AM
All World

User13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv View Post
Did your two friends have you change your original post?It was different earlier
No, but I did edit my post to make it more accurate after talking to them again, as well as a third person who was there.
Old 12-23-17, 10:36 AM
All American

Quote:
No, but I did edit my post to make it more accurate after talking to them again, as well as a third person who was there.
Trotwood fans I'm sure
Old 12-23-17, 01:02 PM
All World

User13
Quote:
Trotwood fans I'm sure
No, not really. Just guys who went to see two of the best teams in the area play each other.
Old 12-23-17, 06:42 PM
All American

Quote:
No, not really. Just guys who went to see two of the best teams in the area play each other.
So you really don't know what happened,being that you weren't there.
Old 12-23-17, 10:17 PM
All World

User13
Quote:
So you really don't know what happened,being that you weren't there.
Right. I posted for my friends, who do not have yappi accounts. If you, or anyone else, saw it differently, feel free to add to the discussion.
Old 12-24-17, 07:45 AM
All Region

Ok. Now that we’ve sorted out that pointless garbage, can anyone shine some light on what OHSAA decided and who/when suspensions are happening? I’m still sickened by this and coaching staffs should be ashamed. Regardless of who started anything culture and discipline falls on coaching staffs. Hold your kids accountable and hold yourself accountable for things like this. absolutely ridiculous.
Old 12-24-17, 07:59 AM
All Region

JM92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther72 View Post
Ok. Now that we’ve sorted out that pointless garbage, can anyone shine some light on what OHSAA decided and who/when suspensions are happening? I’m still sickened by this and coaching staffs should be ashamed. Regardless of who started anything culture and discipline falls on coaching staffs. Hold your kids accountable and hold yourself accountable for things like this. absolutely ridiculous.

Exactly..I don't follow that area too much but was looking for the right comment to say. I read the suspended some players from both sides for 2 games..but those coaches should be held accountable..this would never be tolerated here.
Old 12-24-17, 08:16 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
Exactly..I don't follow that area too much but was looking for the right comment to say. I read the suspended some players from both sides for 2 games..but those coaches should be held accountable..this would never be tolerated here.
Same. Iím a gcl follower (go elder & go mercy lol) but have family in Dayton and they said same thing. Top programs donít have undisciplined kids and coaches have established expectations and culture that would never allow this 2 happen. Total sham.
Old 12-24-17, 08:41 AM
All Region

Quote:
Same. Iím a gcl follower (go elder & go mercy lol) but have family in Dayton and they said same thing. Top programs donít have undisciplined kids and coaches have established expectations and culture that would never allow this 2 happen. Total sham.

Federal League here and most of NEO..
Old 12-24-17, 08:55 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
Federal League here and most of NEO..

And this crap isn't going to be tolerated at ALL in college ball so they better get their heads out of their asz LOL
Old 12-24-17, 11:16 AM
Varsity

run2wyn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Have you heard about the brawl that happened between Sycamore and Mercy @ Mercy this past Thursday? Some late-game shoving turned into punches being thrown by players on both sides, chairs being knocked over, parents/fans on the court. Yes, this really did happen - we saw it. Heard later that the police were called, but didn't hang around to see if they showed up. Maybe ask around and see if anyone has details about suspensions. Sad week for the sport...
Old 12-24-17, 11:24 PM
All Region

I had not. And sad again when I hear this (wife is Mercy grad). What in the hell is happening? Blame officials, lack of control, whatever. I see entitled kids throughout AAU who are glorified on social media and donít give a damn about the team, only themselves. I see coaches who allow crap attitudes and donít hold any of their players accountable for anything which is why it is rare to see consistent powerhouses across the state. For those who do establish it, you donít see this (MND, Mason, LW, Hiland, Alter, etc). Look at Wayne last year... all the talent in the world but a coach who couldnít establish expectations and accountability. Coaching expectations reflect attitude and establish reputation. For Sycamore, Mercy, Fairmont, and Trotwood, youíll now be known as the ďteam that foughtĒ and had a game called without finishing.

Girls high school basketball leading to fights. Youíve got to be kidding me. SMH.