Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-17, 10:14 AM
All District

Footballfilmguru is on a distinguished road
Pick Central Allegations - OHSAA - PLSD

oday, a list of allegations regarding PCHS was sent to the local school district and OHSAA for review.

The main allegation:

PCHS Football program has created an improper avenue to increase interest and draw kids to their program that otherwise would not attend PCHS. This is done through the various practices:

A> Through the use of staff/coach, a Non-For Profit travel youth football program is created to attract talent from around Central Ohio. The goodstanding of this program with the State of Ohio is within question and the transparency of the entity to the citizens of Pickerington is non-existent.

B> This entity is utilizing PCHS and the taxpayers property without transparency

C> This created Non-Profit Entity ("SE Crush Football") is considered a travel team. Yet this program has no league affiliations, travel leagues, schedules, or other ties listed or publicly shared.

D> The "Head" of this travel team is also a coach for the PCHS Football Program

E> Over the last multiple years, PCHS has benefited from approximately 1-3 students annually per age group transferring to PCHS school system (including Ridgeview MS)

To address each point in more detail:

A.Through the use of staff/coach, a Non-For Profit travel youth football program is created to attract talent from around Central Ohio. The goodstanding of this program with the State of Ohio is within question and the transparency of the entity to the citizens of Pickerington is non-existent.

The entity created, or at least DBA " SE Crush" has 2 websites listed via search returns. Those websites are:

www.southeastcrush.com NO Longer exists

http://coachdoggette.wixsite.com/southeastcrush

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/pg/SoutheastCrush

The "WIX" website contains limited information on the entity, including "Bylaws". However, no real information regarding the entity is made public, including basic information that is public by law such as Board Members.

An example of this is the other public youth football program in Pickerington, PYAA. The public can access all their information at www.pyaa.org including bylaws and board members and contacts.

The limited amount of information, although concerning, does not necessarily equate to guilt. This could be a simple example of not being thourough. However, upon further review, much more troubling issues arise. For example,

On the website, one will not find anything about the creation of the entity. However, on their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Southeas...=page_internal

It states that the organization was created in June 2012.

This appears to be false. When doing searches on Non Profit Organizations in the State of Ohio, NO SOUTHEAST CRUSH, or any entity with "Southeast", "SE", or "Crush" can be found.

http://charitableregistration.ohioat...Charities.aspx

Furthermore, when downloading and searching ALL OHIO registered NON PROFITS, this entity, or any entity with a similar name can be found registered in the month of JUNE 2012, or for that quarter of 2012. Simply, the entity appears to be non existent.

Cross-referenced, PYAA is easy accesible and their information, such as Board Members, Officers and annual reports are found and accessable.

In the search, some entities that appear close to "SE Crush" appear. However, upon further review, NONE match the criteria of this club SE Crush.

http://charitableregistration.ohioat...Charities.aspx

Finally, in the BY LAWS, SE Crush refers to "ITS ENTITIES". However, these entities are never listed, with the exception of "CP Kings" under the "Equipment section". This section alludes that "CP Kings" is the owner of the equipment. Who is "CP Kings"? This entity does not show up in the search databases of OHIO either.

In conclusion, "SE Crush" or any entity closely named DOES NOT EXIST and is NOT ON RECORD in the State of OHIO. Furthermore, although By Laws are made public on a website, no other forms of information regarding OFFICERS are listed. The public citizens of Pickerington are not being properly informed and the transparency of this "Youth Football Establishment" is non existent. At a minimum, if the program is not listed under another name and is DBA "SE CRUSH", negligence is at play. At a maximum, fraud could be happening.

B. The entity in question, is utlizing Pickerington's public HS property to engage in questionable activities and operations. This is evident both from Website and previous YAPPI announcements:

http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266915

How does this organization utilize the PCHS Football facilities? Does the PLSD know about this arrangement? PYAA, the other youth football program in Pickerington utlizes, for the most part, their own fields. Is this program set up to serve the community of Pickerington (all schools), or is it designed to assist PCHS, the same place they practice and play?

C> This created Non-Profit Entity ("SE Crush Football") is considered a travel team. Yet this program has no league affiliations, travel leagues, schedules, or other ties listed or publicly shared.

SE Crush provides no affiliations, leagues, travel schedules or similar travel teams on their website. Any information given is vague at best. Again, for transparancy issues, why are none of these basic ingredients of youth sport organizations listed?

D> The "Head" of this travel team is also a coach for the PCHS Football Program

Again, this information, understood in the Pickerington community, is not listed on the website or made known to the public. However, the following two links will connect the dots.

The first is from the Pickerington Central HS Footbal Website (COACHES):

http://www.pctigerfootball.com/coaching-staff.html

STYLES

The second shows this same coach in most of the pictures:

http://coachdoggette.wixsite.com/southeastcrush/gallery

STYLES

How does a HS Coach in OHIO, also coach and direct a "Travel Program/Club"? Furthermore, this entity gives this coach access to a multiple HS District and allows PCHS and this coach to skirt the technicalities, but not the intent of OHSAA BYLAW 4-9-2 on recruiting. See Question 3; Pickerington is a multiple HS District

E> Over the last multiple years, PCHS has benefited from approximately 1-3 students annually per age group transferring to PCHS school system (including Ridgeview MS)

These records are accessible by the PLSD and OHSAA. For the privacy of student and their family, these names are not mentioned. However, upon investigation, evidence will show that this same coach has continued communication with players from SE Crush that have attended other HS's than PCHS. Furthermore, evidence will show that 1-3 students on average switch from the school system they are in to Ridgeview MS entering into 7th grade. Additionally, some of these players have switched at later times in their careers including HS.

There is more, but these are the main items. As I have said before, at a minimum, this is a HUGE CONFLICT OF INTEREST, at a maximum it is nothing more than a recruiting tool.........
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-17, 10:22 AM
All American

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road

....1-3 annually?? Really, this is a problem??

Sounds to me like people are really reaching here. There are a lot of travel teams....football, baseball or basketball that have HS coaches associated with them. I'm fairly certain that if the OHSAA investigates this they are going to be opening a HUGE can of worms....that they don't have the manpower or desire to handle.
Old 11-16-17, 10:28 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Save the whining until after you lose. I hope they win by 50.
Old 11-16-17, 10:28 AM
All District

sscje is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a serious issue to me. Certainly makes one wonder about Styles and Doggett. Something smells fishy too me...
Old 11-16-17, 10:40 AM
All American

It's a load of crap is what it smells like to me. OHSAA doesn't care about anything prior to 7th grade. Crush is 4th-6th graders with bigger held-back 3rd graders welcome also. I'm a local, so I'm familiar with it. The coaches can hand out piles of cash and recruiting videos and housing brochures and everything prior to that and OHSAA has no interest.

Hey there's a day care on Church Street called Little Tigers! Vast conspiracy to brainwash kids from birth to transfer to Pick Central! Alert the authorities. They're even putting big giant purple paw prints on their bibs.
Old 11-16-17, 10:42 AM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
"Welcome to The SouthEast Crush Football Organization. We are a travel football program based out of Pickerington, OH. We welcome kids from all over to play with us."

LOLz.
Old 11-16-17, 10:43 AM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Darn public school and their nefarious recruitung.
Old 11-16-17, 11:05 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
It's a load of crap is what it smells like to me. OHSAA doesn't care about anything prior to 7th grade. Crush is 4th-6th graders with bigger held-back 3rd graders welcome also. I'm a local, so I'm familiar with it. The coaches can hand out piles of cash and recruiting videos and housing brochures and everything prior to that and OHSAA has no interest.

Hey there's a day care on Church Street called Little Tigers! Vast conspiracy to brainwash kids from birth to transfer to Pick Central! Alert the authorities. They're even putting big giant purple paw prints on their bibs.
You are right about one thing, its a Load of Crap.

It will be interesting to see what happens. If they are said to be okay, then every public HS Football program around will start a "Youth Travel Team" designed to pull in the best 5-6 graders around in hopes of getting them to move into their district and skirting the OHSAA recruiting rules.

Beyond that, what I find especially troubling is the lack of transparency in this. The organization doesn't even exist according to the State of Ohio. Then they are using PCHS facilities to run this sham. I wonder if the powers that be in the PLSD are even aware? What are they going to do once they get their answers?

If I were a PC fan, I would be a bit nervous about this.
Old 11-16-17, 11:21 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfilmguru View Post

It will be interesting to see what happens. If they are said to be okay, then every public HS Football program around will start a "Youth Travel Team" designed to pull in the best 5-6 graders around in hopes of getting them to move into their district and skirting the OHSAA recruiting rules.

Beyond that, what I find especially troubling is the lack of transparency in this. The organization doesn't even exist according to the State of Ohio. Then they are using PCHS facilities to run this sham. I wonder if the powers that be in the PLSD are even aware? What are they going to do once they get their answers?

OHSAA has nothing to do with sports prior to 7th grade. Why would they even care? Lots of pee-wee football studs turn into average players when they are older.

Travel teams are very common in all sports. Many of them, the state of Ohio doesn't know about either.

I ran travel baseball teams for years. The sole purpose was for elementary & JH aged kids of our school to play together to get ready for high school. We used the school's facilities (I did get permission). Many people at the school probably didn't know we used the facilities or had permission to do so. Sometimes we had kids from other schools play with us because they liked our team over their other options.

I am pretty sure the state of Ohio didn't know about us either. You say that like it means something.
Old 11-16-17, 11:21 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
It's in any communities' interest to attract better citizens by offerring more TO ALL. As long as they're not restricting opportunity based upon committment to the high school program, not disparaging other communties, I think a community is showing good stewardship. Church's do it. Government's do it. They should do it.

Is Pickerington telling kids that can't play football, other athletics, academics, their families are not welcome?
Old 11-16-17, 11:32 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
OHSAA has nothing to do with sports prior to 7th grade. Why would they even care? Lots of pee-wee football studs turn into average players when they are older.

Travel teams are very common in all sports. Many of them, the state of Ohio doesn't know about either.

I ran travel baseball teams for years. The sole purpose was for elementary & JH aged kids of our school to play together to get ready for high school. We used the school's facilities (I did get permission). Many people at the school probably didn't know we used the facilities or had permission to do so. Sometimes we had kids from other schools play with us because they liked our team over their other options.

I am pretty sure the state of Ohio didn't know about us either. You say that like it means something.
That's great and all. But did you:

A. Tell your parents and community that you were a registered Non Profit, file annual reports and have board members, only to have none of this available? Did you fail to appear in the State of Ohio Registered NON Profit Database? In other words, did you open a business, but fail to register it with the state and fed govt? I would think not.

B. As a coach, did you supersede your local football program to start a "travel" program? If so, I am sure you joined a league or something didn't you?

C. As a HS Coach, did you keep in contact with these former players and even text some to come to your program after they were in HS?

All a little different context than you were probably used too.
Old 11-16-17, 11:36 AM
All American

Quote:
The organization doesn't even exist according to the State of Ohio.
You are wrong:
https://www5.sos.state.oh.us/ords/f?...ER_NUM:2118549

ZOMG. They're headquartered right behind CWHS. Alert the Indians! Somebody poaching in the sacred hunting grounds.

Google ORC 1745.

Quote:
Then they are using PCHS facilities to run this sham.
I used to run on the PHCS track if the gate was unlocked. I even went with my kids to help them pace their 400.

The Crush took a team picture on the field in Chillicothe at Herrnstein. Maughmer must have either been a late bloomer or the Columbia Place apartments were all filled up that season.
Old 11-16-17, 11:41 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
You are wrong:
https://www5.sos.state.oh.us/ords/f?...ER_NUM:2118549

ZOMG. They're headquartered right behind CWHS. Alert the Indians! Somebody poaching in the sacred hunting grounds.

Google ORC 1745.

I used to run on the PHCS track if the gate was unlocked. I even went with my kids to help them pace their 400.

The Crush took a team picture on the field in Chillicothe at Herrnstein. Maughmer must have either been a late bloomer or the Columbia Place apartments were all filled up that season.

That is nice. It is on the Sec of State site, but not on the Non Profit Organization site of Ohio, like all other boosters, youth programs, etc are.

But given this, do you care to make public your Board Members and other reports Non Profits make available to the public?
Old 11-16-17, 11:46 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
That's great and all. But did you:

A. Tell your parents and community that you were a registered Non Profit, file annual reports and have board members, only to have none of this available? Did you fail to appear in the State of Ohio Registered NON Profit Database? In other words, did you open a business, but fail to register it with the state and fed govt? I would think not.

B. As a coach, did you supersede your local football program to start a "travel" program? If so, I am sure you joined a league or something didn't you?

C. As a HS Coach, did you keep in contact with these former players and even text some to come to your program after they were in HS?

All a little different context than you were probably used too.
Did your son get cut?
Old 11-16-17, 11:50 AM
All American

Quote:
It is on the Sec of State site, but not on the Non Profit Organization site of Ohio, like all other boosters, youth programs, etc are.
Wrong again. The Attorney General site is basically a dump of IRS 503c3 organizations in Ohio. Unincorporated just means that you aren't taking tax deductible donations and filling out a bunch of extra paperwork. File a complaint with Dewine and maybe some bored state employee will read the exciting parts of ORC 1745 to you.
Old 11-16-17, 11:51 AM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Doggette is not the same one who was suspended back in '09 for chauffeuring around the Tatum brothers, is he? That name rings a bell.
Old 11-16-17, 12:03 PM
All Region

Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Lack of transparency is correct. The reason very few people (myself included) know about this program is because it involves pre-jr. high. I haven't noticed a direct correlation of good 4th-5th graders being studs in high school. I understand your point and your frustrations, but I'm struggling to see how this is different than youth wrestling, travel baseball, or basketball. Basketball has AAU for crying out loud (much worse in my opinion). All these sports are known to utilize school facilities. High school soccer is a joke now because all young players are signed to an organization/travel team. I see your point, but I feel like nothing will come of it because of other sports doing the same thing everywhere else.

The lack of transparency and misuse of facilities is a bit concerning, but I would be much more concerned if more kids were transferring. One to three is not an average. It sounds like you're saying as few as 1 or as many as 3 per year. There is a discussion by the Hilliard folks over on the Central Bradley thread about Hilliard schools discussing transfers, and the numbers they are talking about is similar to what you are saying. Overall, I think people bringing up the crush are making mountains out of mole-hills.
Old 11-16-17, 12:27 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picktowncentral View Post
Lack of transparency is correct. The reason very few people (myself included) know about this program is because it involves pre-jr. high. I haven't noticed a direct correlation of good 4th-5th graders being studs in high school. I understand your point and your frustrations, but I'm struggling to see how this is different than youth wrestling, travel baseball, or basketball. Basketball has AAU for crying out loud (much worse in my opinion). All these sports are known to utilize school facilities. High school soccer is a joke now because all young players are signed to an organization/travel team. I see your point, but I feel like nothing will come of it because of other sports doing the same thing everywhere else.

The lack of transparency and misuse of facilities is a bit concerning, but I would be much more concerned if more kids were transferring. One to three is not an average. It sounds like you're saying as few as 1 or as many as 3 per year. There is a discussion by the Hilliard folks over on the Central Bradley thread about Hilliard schools discussing transfers, and the numbers they are talking about is similar to what you are saying. Overall, I think people bringing up the crush are making mountains out of mole-hills.
Wow, common sense...not something you see often here. I said this in my first post....1-3 kids is not something to be concerned with....especially in a district that size. Is there year list of those 1-3 kids with their names....and a corresponding Crush roster from the previous years that show those same names? If not, I'm not sure why this is even a discussion
Old 11-16-17, 12:33 PM
Varsity

thedudeabides is on a distinguished road
Quote:

you're obviously not........
Old 11-16-17, 12:37 PM
Varsity

thedudeabides is on a distinguished road
and the fact that you pre-rolled this out last week in an earlier post and then did your "BIG REVEAL" the day before the game .... Nice job P.T.Barnum..... Maybe you can get MSNBC or CNN to run with this. They could get title music together and everything...
Old 11-16-17, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Pre 7th grade ? OHSAA has zero standing.
Old 11-16-17, 12:48 PM
All District

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Here is the real story.
-Footballfilmguru's is butt hurt because his kids played for the South East Crush for part of a season and quit the team mid way through the season.
-He then wanted his kids to be able to return to the team but we said no.
-He threatened to sue and we said ok, go ahead.
-I think he is generally not happy.

Lets get the facts straight:
1) The South East Crush is not a Non-Profit organization
2) Tryouts were open to all 3rd - 6th grade students, regardless of school district
3) Tryouts were posted on the team website and on Facebook
4) The last season the Crush played football was 2015
5) The South East Crush was actually started by a group of coaches from Canal Winchester
6) In 2012, a few PYAA Coaches took their kids to play for the South East Crush
7) In 2013, the PYAA Coaches joined the South East Crush coaches at which point, the PYAA coaches were not coaching for any High School Team
8) Once the Canal Winchester Coach's kids moved on to Junior High, the team became a predominantly Pickerington based team with 5-6 kids from other school districts
9) There were just as many players and coaches from North as there were from Central
10) In 2014, two of the coaches were hired to coach for Central - Both are extremely qualified to coach football
11) One of the two coaches lived on the North side of Pickerington so once his kids went to Junior High, they transferred over so they could play for their dad. Otherwise, their dad would be coaching one team and the kids would be playing for another team.
12) The other coach already lived on the Central side and his kid plays for Ridgeview
13) One player played for the Crush in the 5th grade but went back to PYAA in the 6th grade. Not sure where he lives but he played Junior High at Lakeview (North), then transferred to Central before his Freshman year (this year)
14) No other Crush player from North or any other school district has transferred in to play at Ridgeview or Central
15) The one year that the Crush used Central's fields for practices and games, we payed the ~$4000 to do so.

-There is nothing wrong with school coaches coaching their sport outside of the school team. For example, the Lakeview Junior High coaches started an AAU program for players that were going to be playing Junior High the following season.
-They used Lakeview for practices and games.
-In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with this as their coaches did a great job coaching the kids.
-This happens all of the time at most school districts.

Pickerington is a growing community and people do move here just for the athletics. Central has a tradition of winning and is relatively affordable. 1-3 transfer players per year is probably par for the coarse. I am sure North gets their fair share too.
Old 11-16-17, 12:59 PM
All Yappi

So the Crush hasn't even fielded a team for the past 2 seasons?
Old 11-16-17, 01:01 PM
All District

Quote:
So the Crush hasn't even fielded a team for the past 2 seasons?
Correct.
Old 11-16-17, 01:11 PM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Did your son get cut?
Got his girlfriend taken by them too
Old 11-16-17, 01:11 PM
All American

Wow....so all of this is about a team that no longer exists and hasn't for 2 years. Congrats footballfilmguru.....you have just taken over the title of "Biggest Crybaby In Yappi History!" Enjoy it....though you may hold onto the title for awhile
Old 11-16-17, 01:14 PM
All District

Football film guru also posted a Crush team picture from 5 years on a different thread. The kids in the picture are now 8-10th grade. They were 3rd - 5th graders in the picture. Several parents from both schools are pissed about their kids picture being posted on line to prove a completely false narrative. I will be forwarding film gurus real name to these parents once this season is over.
Old 11-16-17, 01:24 PM
Varsity

pctigers is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Nervous about what ?? looks like it blew up in your face footballfilmguru ..... do you need Aprile to change your diaper for you ....you're pissed at what happened last week ... crawl back under your rock and get over yourself ...

Last edited by pctigers; 11-16-17 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-16-17, 01:26 PM
All Region

coltfan76 is on a distinguished road
This post is so childish, Kevin Spacey tried to grope it.
Old 11-16-17, 01:34 PM
All Region

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
Here is the real story.

-There is nothing wrong with school coaches coaching their sport outside of the school team. For example, the Lakeview Junior High coaches started an AAU program for players that were going to be playing Junior High the following season.
I'm pretty sure this is only true up until the players reach 7th grade, at that point you are only allowed to have so many kids from the same school on a travel or AAU roster. Don't quote me, but I think in baseball and softball it's 4 and basketball less, not sure it matters for football where a travel team wouldn't exist beyond 6th grade.

Footballfilmguru, its sad you went through all this over hurt feelings. Posers like you are what's wrong with social media and for the most part society as a whole. Don't throw shade on people and organizations trying to do right, all the while hiding behind a screen name, especially when those people and organizations are not even in operation. I'm sure the OHSAA appreciated your anonymous tip that got the ball rolling on an investigation that will most likely turn up nothing. Good use of the organizations funds.
Closed Thread