Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-14-18, 08:40 PM
All Region

Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
Next week should be interesting.
I think that this is the year that all of those teams that Wayne has dominated for a long time will take advantage of a down Wayne team and beat them up. There is no fight in this Wayne team, coaches or players...
Old 09-14-18, 09:12 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
HH Wayne 2-1 @ Miamisburg 3-0

Just saw on DDN that Coach Channell called this win the biggest one in school history. Congrats again Burg. Iím sure the beers are flowing at Bullwinkleís!

Last edited by Warrior78; 09-14-18 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-14-18, 09:28 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
This one is definitely on the coaching...

I just don't get it. Wayne was able to run the ball against them but yet they abandoned it. No Victoria or Mullins tonight both out with injuries. Two top WR's down.... use the run game.

Miamisburg played a perfect game but Wayne still should of been able to take care of business. I hate to say it but this was an embarrassment. Damage control, re-focus because Wayne fans, the playoffs start next week.
Old 09-14-18, 09:30 PM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
So the ELKS are 0-4 and Wayne loses to Miamisburg, welcome to the alternate universe.
Old 09-14-18, 09:35 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
This one is definitely on the coaching...

I just don't get it. Wayne was able to run the ball against them but yet they abandoned it. No Victoria or Mullins tonight both out with injuries. Two top WR's down.... use the run game.

Miamisburg played a perfect game but Wayne still should of been able to take care of business. I hate to say it but this was an embarrassment. Damage control, re-focus because Wayne fans, the playoffs start next week.
I think that both the new offensive and defensive coordinator positions are over their head right now, effectively learning on the job.

Do you really see playoffs as a possibility though? There are still lots of playoff points, but I don't see a good team right now.
Old 09-14-18, 09:37 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
So the ELKS are 0-4 and Wayne loses to Miamisburg, welcome to the alternate universe.
I think that both teams could be facing a retribution year. Teams that they have beaten in the past are going to enjoy putting a whipping on both of them in a down year.
Old 09-14-18, 09:43 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Two weeks in a row that Wayne doesnít score in the second half. I was wondering about the injury bug. Did #15 Bom play? He got hurt midway through the third quarter last week. If he was out too that would really affect the passing game. I thought Victoria got dinged last week but didnít realize it was that bad. I agree, the coaching should have adjusted.
Old 09-14-18, 09:48 PM
All Region

Quote:
Two weeks in a row that Wayne doesnít score in the second half. I was wondering about the injury bug. Did #15 Bom play? He got hurt midway through the third quarter last week. If he was out too that would really affect the passing game. I thought Victoria got dinged last week but didnít realize it was that bad. I agree, the coaching should have adjusted.

He played...

I just looked at the stats and Wayne only had around 20-30 yards of total offense in the second half. I didn't realize it was that bad. The passing game did nothing and they basically didn't bother to run. Definitely bad coaching, never seen a worst second half offensively...
Old 09-14-18, 09:51 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Actually, 3 straight weeks of not scoring in the 2nd half....

Bom played....

I could count about 4 passes on 4 different possessions where the receivers got open by about 5 yards and if they were able to catch it they would of gone. Something was just not right.... Miamisburg would put all 11 guys right up on the line of scrimmage and just rush McKee. We did not see 1 screen pass to slow this down nor did we try and run a trap.... I honestly think they just flat out over looked Miamisburg. I saw Miamisburg last week and they did not look good at all. Wayne got beat pretty badly by a mediocre D1 team... I hate to think what that makes Wayne.
Old 09-14-18, 09:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Joe View Post
He played...

I just looked at the stats and Wayne only had around 20-30 yards of total offense in the second half. I didn't realize it was that bad. The passing game did nothing and they basically didn't bother to run. Definitely bad coaching, never seen a worst second half offensively...
I have no idea why they did not run the ball.. Nelson was getting near 5 yards a pop. I just don't get it.

I understand Wayne is very young. They start 3 freshman and a number of sophomores but losing to Miamisburg was just too much....
Old 09-14-18, 10:15 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Why does a program like Wayne have to start 3 FRESHMAN? They are all better than the upperclassmen at their positions?
Old 09-14-18, 10:19 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
I have no idea why they did not run the ball.. Nelson was getting near 5 yards a pop. I just don't get it.

I understand Wayne is very young. They start 3 freshman and a number of sophomores but losing to Miamisburg was just too much....
Uh, have seen Burg on film and they looked really slow, cant imagine Wayne not hitting some home run balls.Wayne starting Freshmen and sophomores? Unbelievable.
Old 09-14-18, 10:54 PM
All Yappi

Emullet1 is on a distinguished road
The czar out coaches another one
Old 09-14-18, 11:28 PM
Varsity

slanchor is on a distinguished road
well my wait is over. Miamisburg played the perfect game with help from wayne. But a win is a win and i will take it. Just looking at both teams you would think wayne wins easy but the miamisburg kids played there butts off. Watching the away crowd stands start to empty with 7 min left in a 10 pt game Suprised me.
Old 09-15-18, 05:33 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Wayne not good end of story.
Old 09-15-18, 06:56 AM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Try going 0-4 at home!
Old 09-15-18, 10:44 AM
Varsity

region4warrior is on a distinguished road
Wayne will go 3-7 this year because of poor coaching, period.
Old 09-15-18, 10:49 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Vamps, I think youíre under estimating the Burg. I figured Wayne wouldnít have any issue winning, but Burg is a good team. They could easily go 9-1 or 8-2. They will be 7-3 at worse. Not bad for a fringe d1 team.
Old 09-15-18, 10:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Vamps, I think youíre under estimating the Burg. I figured Wayne wouldnít have any issue winning, but Burg is a good team. They could easily go 9-1 or 8-2. They will be 7-3 at worse. Not bad for a fringe d1 team.
Troy wins by 3 scores.... you will see.
Old 09-15-18, 10:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by region4warrior View Post
Wayne will go 3-7 this year because of poor coaching, period.
Wayne is very capable of winning out as well.... they really need to get Victoria back.
Old 09-16-18, 01:33 AM
All Ohio

nooks is on a distinguished road
Sorry Vamp...Your team is not very good this year...but, they're way better than Centerville. You guys will not make the playoffs, but the "ville" really might go 0-10. Time marches to its' own beat...and things change...That's reality.
Old 09-17-18, 09:02 AM
Varsity

HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Vamps, I think you’re under estimating the Burg. I figured Wayne wouldn’t have any issue winning, but Burg is a good team. They could easily go 9-1 or 8-2. They will be 7-3 at worse. Not bad for a fringe d1 team.
I agree Trojan. The Olentangy win was more impressive then most see on the surface. Olentargy took at 9 point lead into the 4th Quarter vs Dublin Coffman. They ended up blowing the game 22-16. The Braves are probably one of the best 1-3 teams in the state. Burg has a legit QB, a solid running attack, a stingy defense, athletic DB's, good size, and a great coach. Will they challenge for state like the good Wayne teams did? Of course not but this is a solid D-1 team who could win a playoff game.