Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Elks vs. Cats
Elks 5 12.82%
Cats 34 87.18%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 09-13-18, 02:42 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWestOhio View Post
2018-1995=23

Decade = 10 yrs

Decades = more than one decade so 2 or more decades or 20 yrs plus.

23 years is two decades + 3 years
1980-1990 equals 1 decade
1990-2000 equals 1 decade
2000-2010 equals 1 decade
2010-2018 does not equal 1 decade but I can understand you're from Centerville and they probably didn't teach you that in high school.

Fairmont was good during the 80-90 decade, 90-00 decade but not so much during the 00-10 decade. This decade started rough and is ending on a much better note. Also, you'll notice I didn't say we won all the WOL/GWOC championships but I did say we were always near the top of the league.

I feel bad if you have children.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-13-18, 02:43 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
LET'S GO CATS!

Springfield 27
Centersuck 14
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-13-18, 02:44 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Centerville fans are like Michigan fans, living in the past and basking in the glory of a 1800's championship. How about living in the now where you're 0-3 and about to be 0-4?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-13-18, 02:50 PM
SouthWestOhio SouthWestOhio is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-18-18
Location: Hawkins Indiana
Posts: 78
SouthWestOhio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHSBirds99 View Post
1980-1990 equals 1 decade
1990-2000 equals 1 decade
2000-2010 equals 1 decade
2010-2018 does not equal 1 decade but I can understand you're from Centerville and they probably didn't teach you that in high school.

Fairmont was good during the 80-90 decade, 90-00 decade but not so much during the 00-10 decade. This decade started rough and is ending on a much better note. Also, you'll notice I didn't say we won all the WOL/GWOC championships but I did say we were always near the top of the league.

I feel bad if you have children.
Sorry but you are an idiot.

dec∑ade
ˈdekād/Submit
noun
1.
a period of ten years.
"he taught at the university for nearly a decade"
2.
a set, series, or group of ten, in particular.

Decades are not bound by whole ten year periods. I know you are from Kettering and most likely are fairly dim but please do not talk to people with a level of superiority when you clearly are at the bottom of the brain cell bucket
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-13-18, 03:00 PM
SouthWestOhio SouthWestOhio is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-18-18
Location: Hawkins Indiana
Posts: 78
SouthWestOhio is on a distinguished road
Which one is Centerville and which one is Fairmont? Which one seen most of it's success before facemasks?

LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
1975, 1976, 1977, 1978,
1979, 1980, 1981, 1982,
1983, 1984, 1985, 1986,
1991, 1993, 1998, 1999,
2000, 2004, 2006, 2007,
2009, 2011, 2014, 2017

STATE PLAYOFFS
1984, 1986, 1991, 1993,
1998, 1999, 2004, 2005,
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010,
2011, 2013, 2014, 2017

REGIONAL CHAMPIONS
1984, 1991
STATE RUNNER-UP
1991
STATE RATINGS CHAMPION
1986



Dayton Suburban League
1929, 1930
Maimi Valley League
1939, 1949, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1958, 1959, 1961, 1963
Western Ohio League
1967, 1972, 1974, 1975, 1985, 1992, 1995, 1997
Undefeated Teams
1929, 1930, 1939, 1951, 1958, 1961, 1974
State Top Ten Finishes
1957 – 6th, 1958 – 7th, 1959 – 3rd
1961 -7th, 1974 – 9th, 1995 – 9th
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-13-18, 03:03 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
2-1
0-3

Which one is Centerville CURRENTLY??
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-13-18, 03:06 PM
SouthWestOhio SouthWestOhio is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-18-18
Location: Hawkins Indiana
Posts: 78
SouthWestOhio is on a distinguished road
Back from the nonsense and on to this game...Centerville in a close game. The D is playing pretty good and the offense will find a way to score some points.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-13-18, 03:06 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWestOhio View Post
Sorry but you are an idiot.

dec∑ade
ˈdekād/Submit
noun
1.
a period of ten years.
"he taught at the university for nearly a decade"
2.
a set, series, or group of ten, in particular.

Decades are not bound by whole ten year periods. I know you are from Kettering and most likely are fairly dim but please do not talk to people with a level of superiority when you clearly are at the bottom of the brain cell bucket
I am fully aware that decades are not bound by whole ten year periods...is the 19th century considered to be 1919-2019? NOPE! Most people with common sense refer to it as a whole ten year period while most Centersuck morons don't. Bask in the glory of last year because at this point that's all you've got.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-13-18, 03:08 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWestOhio View Post
Back from the nonsense and on to this game...Centerville in a close game. The D is playing pretty good and the offense will find a way to score some points.
Fairfield had almost 500 yards of total offense and Alter almost 300...Lakota West, the worst team they've played was the only team that had fewer than 200. How is that playing good defense?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-13-18, 03:10 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
The offense might have a better chance to produce some points now that they've pulled King and put in Harrison.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-13-18, 03:35 PM
SouthWestOhio SouthWestOhio is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-18-18
Location: Hawkins Indiana
Posts: 78
SouthWestOhio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHSBirds99 View Post
I am fully aware that decades are not bound by whole ten year periods...is the 19th century considered to be 1919-2019? NOPE! Most people with common sense refer to it as a whole ten year period while most Centersuck morons don't. Bask in the glory of last year because at this point that's all you've got.
We must be stupid, stupid for wasting time with fools like you. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Good day.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-13-18, 03:50 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWestOhio View Post
We must be stupid, stupid for wasting time with fools like you. I have no idea what you are trying to say. Good day.
You are, glad you finally realize it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-13-18, 03:54 PM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,367
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Centerville is giving up over 300 yards of offense a game why is everyone saying how good this defense is? They havent stopped anyone yet
.
Fairfield scored 49 on Centerville (14against springfield) fairfield had 460 yards against Centerville 250 against Springfield

Lakota West has games of 0 and 7 scored 20 against Centerville

I think the game will be very good but lets not make it something its not
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-13-18, 04:01 PM
brian1227's Avatar
brian1227 brian1227 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Posts: 16,456
brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Springfield offense is bad.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-13-18, 04:02 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Centerville is giving up over 300 yards of offense a game why is everyone saying how good this defense is? They havent stopped anyone yet
.
Fairfield scored 49 on Centerville (14against springfield) fairfield had 460 yards against Centerville 250 against Springfield

Lakota West has games of 0 and 7 scored 20 against Centerville

I think the game will be very good but lets not make it something its not
Bingo!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 09-13-18, 04:03 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Springfield offense is bad.
Not as bad as NorSLOWnia

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-13-18, 04:08 PM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,367
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
Springfield offense is bad.
Springfield offense is averaging 397 yards a game. Hope to schedule your powerhouse sometime soon
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-13-18, 04:38 PM
brian1227's Avatar
brian1227 brian1227 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Posts: 16,456
brian1227 is on a distinguished road
You scored 16 points on hudson i looked bad saying you blow them out lol
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-13-18, 06:07 PM
unbiased1 unbiased1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-25-03
Location: dayton
Posts: 1,410
unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cats, you know why the Elks are 0-3. No serious Elk fan is making them something they are not. They are small, not very fast, not very athletic, not very expierenced, not very deep, and basically zero D1 high caliber players. Pretty obvious.

Agree on FF game, it was rough and the defense did not tackle at all. West game surprised me that they lost, but West was way bigger & way mote athletic. I’m shocked Alter did not have way more yards, considering the time of possession and pass attempts by the Knights.

This is the smallest Elks team I’ve seen in a long time, but I actually think they are heading in the right direction. If they were somehow able to steal a victory from the Cats Friday, it would be huge for their confidence.



FHSbirds has the hard on and ruined the thread. You win Fhsbirds, the Elks have a worse record for the 5th time in 50 years than the Firebirds. Now please go start a Fairmont-Springboro thread and leave this one alone.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-13-18, 06:31 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiased1 View Post
Cats, you know why the Elks are 0-3. No serious Elk fan is making them something they are not. They are small, not very fast, not very athletic, not very expierenced, not very deep, and basically zero D1 high caliber players. Pretty obvious.

Agree on FF game, it was rough and the defense did not tackle at all. West game surprised me that they lost, but West was way bigger & way mote athletic. Iím shocked Alter did not have way more yards, considering the time of possession and pass attempts by the Knights.

This is the smallest Elks team Iíve seen in a long time, but I actually think they are heading in the right direction. If they were somehow able to steal a victory from the Cats Friday, it would be huge for their confidence.



FHSbirds has the hard on and ruined the thread. You win Fhsbirds, the Elks have a worse record for the 5th time in 50 years than the Firebirds. Now please go start a Fairmont-Springboro thread and leave this one alone.
No thanks, GO CATS!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 09-13-18, 06:49 PM
unbiased1 unbiased1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-25-03
Location: dayton
Posts: 1,410
unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought there moderators to make the boards better. We have had to listen to FHSbirds take s, call people names, and ruin a thread.....that has been very classy and a good discussion thread for the last 5 years.

Can you please take him off this thread?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 09-13-18, 07:00 PM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,367
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=unbiased1;7111721]Cats, you know why the Elks are 0-3. No serious Elk fan is making them something they are not. They are small, not very fast, not very athletic, not very expierenced, not very deep, and basically zero D1 high caliber players. Pretty obvious.

Agree on FF game, it was rough and the defense did not tackle at all. West game surprised me that they lost, but West was way bigger & way mote athletic. Iím shocked Alter did not have way more yards, considering the time of possession and pass attempts by the Knights.

This is the smallest Elks team Iíve seen in a long time, but I actually think they are heading in the right direction. If they were somehow able to steal a victory from the Cats Friday, it would be huge for their confidence.

Trust Springfield knows this wont be an easy game and knows they have to play well to get another victory on the road. This will be the Cats 3rd road game in a row.

Again as I have said before I believe Elks will be very dangerous in a couple years and coach made right decision to play the young guys if old guys arenít getting it done. I wont predict a score because anything is possible in this game just praying it doesnt come down to a hail mary like 2 years ago
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 09-13-18, 07:14 PM
unbiased1 unbiased1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-25-03
Location: dayton
Posts: 1,410
unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great points Cats! I’m on the same page as you on the score. I can see the Wildcats scoring in bunches if the Elks don’t tackle as a team on every play or the offense has 3 or more turnovers or can’t sustain a majority of the drives.

If the Elks defense can shut Smoot, Moss, or any other backs from running wild, I would prefer to see the Cats have to win through the air. I’m not saying the Cats can’t throw or they won’t have a huge size advantage on the outside....just this will give the D some opportunities for turnovers!
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 09-13-18, 07:24 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiased1 View Post
I thought there moderators to make the boards better. We have had to listen to FHSbirds take s, call people names, and ruin a thread.....that has been very classy and a good discussion thread for the last 5 years.

Can you please take him off this thread?
You keep bringing it back around...move on .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-13-18, 07:45 PM
bigv bigv is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-27-09
Posts: 1,902
bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
You scored 16 points on hudson i looked bad saying you blow them out lol
That's because you're stupid
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 09-13-18, 08:23 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv View Post
That's because you're stupid
Don't call names, the Centerville fan's ears will burn off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 09-13-18, 08:32 PM
SouthWestOhio SouthWestOhio is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-18-18
Location: Hawkins Indiana
Posts: 78
SouthWestOhio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHSBirds99 View Post
Don't call names, the Centerville fan's ears will burn off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Isn't there a thread somewhere about your team and their ancient offense?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 09-13-18, 08:35 PM
SouthWestOhio SouthWestOhio is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-18-18
Location: Hawkins Indiana
Posts: 78
SouthWestOhio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiased1 View Post
Cats, you know why the Elks are 0-3. No serious Elk fan is making them something they are not. They are small, not very fast, not very athletic, not very expierenced, not very deep, and basically zero D1 high caliber players. Pretty obvious.

Agree on FF game, it was rough and the defense did not tackle at all. West game surprised me that they lost, but West was way bigger & way mote athletic. I’m shocked Alter did not have way more yards, considering the time of possession and pass attempts by the Knights.

This is the smallest Elks team I’ve seen in a long time, but I actually think they are heading in the right direction. If they were somehow able to steal a victory from the Cats Friday, it would be huge for their confidence.



FHSbirds has the hard on and ruined the thread. You win Fhsbirds, the Elks have a worse record for the 5th time in 50 years than the Firebirds. Now please go start a Fairmont-Springboro thread and leave this one alone.
Next year for size is not going to be any better. The Elks will lose 7 seniors that play either the D or O line.

What I meant about the Defense playing better is looking at where the year started and since then the D has only allowed one TD per a game after the first crappy game. The weakest part of the whole team is Special teams. How many mistakes on that team has cost turnovers and TDs?
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 09-13-18, 09:02 PM
FHSBirds99 FHSBirds99 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-18-08
Location: Kettering
Posts: 3,338
FHSBirds99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWestOhio View Post
Next year for size is not going to be any better. The Elks will lose 7 seniors that play either the D or O line.

What I meant about the Defense playing better is looking at where the year started and since then the D has only allowed one TD per a game after the first crappy game. The weakest part of the whole team is Special teams. How many mistakes on that team has cost turnovers and TDs?
Probably has a lot to do with the teams they've played. Fairfield was successful against Centerville but not Springfield. Alter had trouble scoring against Fairmont.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 09-14-18, 12:02 AM
nooks nooks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-04-06
Posts: 733
nooks is on a distinguished road
This 10 year old has ruined this thread and it needs to be shut down. I'm out...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Weekly Schedules by Date and Time EagleFan Football 12 07-23-18 03:52 AM
Really Need Help With These Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 51 11-30-17 04:36 PM
Huber Heights Wayne 28 Springfield 13 vamp2syd Football 23 10-25-17 04:47 PM
2017 Division I Schedules EagleFan Archives 66 10-25-17 11:29 AM
Challenge Game (9/15): Centerville (3-0) at Springfield (3-0) ELK Strong Football 100 09-15-17 10:52 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz