Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-09-18, 01:26 PM
All District

Vinegar is on a distinguished road
CMAC Expansion

Anybody know what the status of this is? I heard Withrow applied and so did Northwest. Any truth to either or just rumors?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-18, 01:34 PM
All World

withrownatiboy
Send a message via AIM to withrownatiboy Send a message via Yahoo to withrownatiboy
Come back home, Tigers.
Old 09-09-18, 01:37 PM
All Ohio

playboi12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by withrownatiboy View Post
Come back home, Tigers.
More like hire a competent head coach, Tigers.
Old 09-09-18, 04:04 PM
All District

Warrior Watcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by playboi12 View Post
More like hire a competent head coach, Tigers.
Lol..
You don't think that Snow is doing the best with what he got as far as talent and number of kids?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-18, 06:41 PM
All Region

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior Watcher View Post
Lol..
You don't think that Snow is doing the best with what he got as far as talent and number of kids?

Now I know the cupboard is BARE at Withrow, but the two times I saw them last year against other teams I was interested in it was a train wreck from a coaching perspective. Kids screaming at coaches, kids coming off field after series and nobody on the staff even looking at them let alone coaching them up about what was going on. Way too many kids playing both ways, and kids weighing like 175 playing OLine, so to put it in a nutshell, NO, I don't think he's doing the best with what he's got, not even close. This last week was closest game since their win in week 1 of LAST YEAR!!! Everyone in the league will absolutely blow them out of the water.
Old 09-09-18, 09:04 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Now I know the cupboard is BARE at Withrow, but the two times I saw them last year against other teams I was interested in it was a train wreck from a coaching perspective. Kids screaming at coaches, kids coming off field after series and nobody on the staff even looking at them let alone coaching them up about what was going on. Way too many kids playing both ways, and kids weighing like 175 playing OLine, so to put it in a nutshell, NO, I don't think he's doing the best with what he's got, not even close. This last week was closest game since their win in week 1 of LAST YEAR!!! Everyone in the league will absolutely blow them out of the water.
What he said. Furthermore, how is it they have some of the best facilities in the region, play in a decent conference and they canít hire a head coach that isnít missing a chromosome, and find 30 kids who can walk and chew gum at the same time ?
Old 09-09-18, 09:05 PM
All District

Quote:
What he said. Furthermore, how is it they have some of the best facilities in the region, play in a decent conference and they canít hire a head coach that isnít missing a chromosome, and find 30 kids who can walk and chew gum at the same time ?
Wow..

Old 09-09-18, 09:44 PM
All American

cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
Anybody know what the status of this is? I heard Withrow applied and so did Northwest. Any truth to either or just rumors?
Doubt Northwest would apply for CMAC unless the SWOC is folding or they just want to make the move for football reasons.
Old 09-09-18, 10:49 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
Doubt Northwest would apply for CMAC unless the SWOC is folding or they just want to make the move for football reasons.
Both schools are getting beat bad in the SWOC. They at least can compete in the CMAC.

Old 09-10-18, 04:20 AM
All American

cphslFan is on a distinguished road
Possible Northwest merger with Colerain in the near future?
Old 09-12-18, 07:58 AM
All District

natihsfan is on a distinguished road
I hadn't heard they are looking to expand - where did you get this?

Who would be good options?
Old 09-13-18, 07:45 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
I'd be surprised if Northwest is seriously pursuing this.

True, they will struggle most years to be much higher than middle of the pack in the SWOC in football, but they are usually at the top in basketball, bowling and some other sports.

Plus they field teams in what looks like every sport currently sponsored by the SWOC. A lot of the Olympic sports would not have conference scheduling benefits in the CMAC. If the CMAC website is accurate, they don't offer cross country, tennis, swimming, bowling, golf etc.

While I do think a merger back into one high school for the Northwest Local School District is likely in the coming years, it won't be in the too near future (although stranger things have happened). If and when that would happen, that school would most likely remain in the GMC in place of what would have been (or could still be) Colerain.

Withrow going to the CMAC from the ECC seems more plausible. That could possibly be the snowball that starts a conference shuffle avalanche as the ECC may want to replace them.
Old 09-13-18, 08:03 AM
All Region

JustCallMeCoach is on a distinguished road
The Withrow move should happen for sure. As of today they would be a middle of the pack team in football and basketball in the CMAC. I'm sure they will pick things back up again at some point though.
Old 09-13-18, 09:09 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCoach View Post
The Withrow move should happen for sure. As of today they would be a middle of the pack team in football and basketball in the CMAC. I'm sure they will pick things back up again at some point though.
What on God's green Earth makes you think Withrow would be in the middle of the pack in Football? They have lost 12 straight games!!! Their losses this year are to teams who's records are a combined 4-5. They got embarrassed by a 1-2 Woodward team. Not a middle of any pack anymore.
Old 09-13-18, 09:41 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
What on God's green Earth makes you think Withrow would be in the middle of the pack in Football? They have lost 12 straight games!!! Their losses this year are to teams who's records are a combined 4-5. They got embarrassed by a 1-2 Woodward team. Not a middle of any pack anymore.
Pretty much by default they would beat Shroder, Riverview East, and Gamble. They wouldnt beat West Hi, Hughes, Aiken,Taft.
Old 09-14-18, 03:13 AM
All American

cphslFan is on a distinguished road
Gamble would give Withrow a challenge
Old 09-14-18, 09:05 AM
All District

TR1982 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCoach View Post
Pretty much by default they would beat Shroder, Riverview East, and Gamble. They wouldnt beat West Hi, Hughes, Aiken,Taft.
sounds like middle of the pack to me
Old 09-14-18, 10:43 AM
All Region

At this rate, Withrow may lose to Oyler. They are truly that bad!
Old 09-14-18, 10:48 AM
Freshman

Jfarmer2017 is on a distinguished road
They have some great athletes, what do you think the problem is? has anyone seen them in person? Offense or Defense? I dont understand how a program at one point was the top CPS football program and they've hit rock bottom! the years Doc Gamble coached, they would've been a top team in the ECC in my opinion! Even Coach Place had it going
Old 09-14-18, 11:37 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfarmer2017 View Post
They have some great athletes, what do you think the problem is? has anyone seen them in person? Offense or Defense? I dont understand how a program at one point was the top CPS football program and they've hit rock bottom! the years Doc Gamble coached, they would've been a top team in the ECC in my opinion! Even Coach Place had it going
It takes the right guy to have success in CPS. There is ALOT that goes on off the field. These men see things on a daily basis a lot of other coaches don't. Not everyone can handle that. Compared to years past I would say right now the CMAC has improved their quality of football. Another year or two I can see Woodward, West Hi, and Hughes competing with Aiken and Taft consistently.
Old 09-14-18, 12:09 PM
All Region

Quote:
Coach Place rode a very good class for 3 years. He developed nobody, turned to s of people away from the program. After Place's first year, every assistant but one left, and most have had success after. He turned kids away, and generally set the program back years. There's a reason he left when he did, huge senior class, 3rd trip ever to playoffs as a program, super low numbers in younger grades, and the move into a league that he knew he couldn't find success. Place was in it for him and himself only.... Left a Trainwreck behind on purpose to show how successful he is. It was all about Place's legacy. Anyone good they played during his 3 years, they got smoked! It took 8 wins to squeal on playoffs to get smoked by Mt. Healthy.

They don't have great athletes there, they are a doormat, and will remain a doormat, especially with the lousy coach they have.
Old 09-14-18, 12:35 PM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
I dont understand how a program at one point was the top CPS football program and they've hit rock bottom! the years Doc Gamble coached, they would've been a top team in the ECC in my opinion!

Hmm interesting question. Depends on the year for Gamble and Withrow in the FAVC

2006: Withrow finished 12th in region 4, Anderson 10th

Turpin: State Semi's
Harrison: Regional Finals
Glen Este: Regional Semi's D1
Edgewood: Regional Quarters
Winton Woods: Regional Quarters

2007: Withrow finished 3rd in region 8. I agree they are one of the best this year

Anderson: State Champs
Turpin: Regional Finals

2009: Withrow finished 12th in region 4

Winton Woods: Winton Woods d2 state champ
Anderson: Regional finals region 4
Turpin: Regional Semi's region 8
Old 09-14-18, 01:15 PM
Freshman

@Skins99 I feel the 06 (8-2) and 07 (9-2) teams would've competed in the ECC possibly winning it! 09 ehhhhh they got mopped by WW but that was also the best WW team IMO
Old 09-14-18, 01:15 PM
Freshman

At one point Withrow owned the CPS league
Old 09-14-18, 01:30 PM
All Yappi

redskin17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
@Skins99 I feel the 06 (8-2) and 07 (9-2) teams would've competed in the ECC possibly winning it! 09 ehhhhh they got mopped by WW but that was also the best WW team IMO
ECC didn't start till 2012/13.

To your point, Anderson, Glen Este and Kings would have beat Withrow in 2006. Glen Este made the playoffs as a 5 seed and Anderson finished high than Withrow in the R4 Harbins. Kings just missed the playoffs in R8.

As for 07, Anderson won state, Turpin was the region finalist, going 10-0 and Kings made the playoffs. That may have been Withrow's best team, but No one was going to beat Anderson or Turpin that year in the region. Turpin beat Winton Woods and Trotwood that year in the playoffs. Anderson smoked Carroll pretty good who beat Withrow.
Old 09-14-18, 01:58 PM
All Ohio

I think the point the earlier poster is trying to may is that Those witnrow teams would at least compete in that league instead of getting their butts handed to them week after week. I think falling back on social-economic factors, though valid, is a bit of a cop out. Those players have had those same issues while they were winning as thy do now. If thatís the case, why is it that Miami Northwest , Booker T and Central are able to compete year in and out with those same, if now worse societal factors? What is needed is a culture change for Withrow. A major one.
Old 09-14-18, 02:51 PM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

Quote:
I think the point the earlier poster is trying to may is that Those witnrow teams would at least compete in that league instead of getting their butts handed to them week after week. I think falling back on social-economic factors, though valid, is a bit of a cop out. Those players have had those same issues while they were winning as thy do now. If that’s the case, why is it that Miami Northwest , Booker T and Central are able to compete year in and out with those same, if now worse societal factors? What is needed is a culture change for Withrow. A major one.
Compete yes, one of the best (i look at that as best 2-3 teams) and I think that would have been 2007 and maybe 2010???

2007 Anderson would still have the ball on a 1,756,845 play drive to start the game. Same with 2009. Thats not a shot at Withrow, they were good those years.

Either way it is sad for me to see them fall on hard times. My grandfather was the band director there for 36 years, my father graduated class of 1963 and my Aunt dated on of the players from those very good late 80's teams. I will always root for Withrow.
Old 09-14-18, 02:56 PM
Freshman

Quote:
I think the point the earlier poster is trying to may is that Those witnrow teams would at least compete in that league instead of getting their butts handed to them week after week. I think falling back on social-economic factors, though valid, is a bit of a cop out. Those players have had those same issues while they were winning as thy do now. If that’s the case, why is it that Miami Northwest , Booker T and Central are able to compete year in and out with those same, if now worse societal factors? What is needed is a culture change for Withrow. A major one.
Exactly! thank you lol! I guess i wasnt specific enough! But i totally agree! Has to be a change! But where do you start?
Old 09-14-18, 02:58 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins99 View Post
Compete yes, one of the best (i look at that as best 2-3 teams) and I think that would have been 2007 and maybe 2010???

2007 Anderson would still have the ball on a 1,756,845 play drive to start the game. Same with 2009. Thats not a shot at Withrow, they were good those years.
I just feel if you take THOSE Withrow teams in THIS ECC, they would beat about 4 or 5 schools! Thats what i was saying
Old 09-14-18, 03:04 PM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

Quote:
I just feel if you take THOSE Withrow teams in THIS ECC, they would beat about 4 or 5 schools! Thats what i was saying
We crap if I could copy the 92 redskins, 94, 07-09 redskins and slap them in this league I think they could take em too. I was comparing the schools in the predecessor league to what withrow was doing at the time.

Serious question where is Coach Gamble these days?