Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-09-18, 06:23 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
McKinley Bulldogs at Green Bulldogs

A very short road trip to a very nice stadium for the first Fed game...BAM!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-18, 08:00 AM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
McKinley should win this one easily.But then they face Hoover which won't be easy.

GO BULLDOGSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-09-18, 12:49 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
McKinley. Big.
Old 09-11-18, 04:03 AM
All District

spyros1950 is on a distinguished road
BigBulldog wrote: "McKinley should win this one easily..."
--------------------------------

BB, I agree with you... and it is sad and disappointing that the PUPs have to play this game... Our athletic director does our team no favors by scheduling this type of competition... Personally, I am not going to travel to Stark county to watch such a travesty... Sure, we belong to a league, but there has to be a way to "schedule around" teams like this one... a D2 team with a 0-3 record is not what McK should be playing... Good luck to all, sam Mck'68
Old 09-11-18, 06:28 AM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyros1950 View Post

BB, I agree with you... and it is sad and disappointing that the PUPs have to play this game... Our athletic director does our team no favors by scheduling this type of competition... Personally, I am not going to travel to Stark county to watch such a travesty... Sure, we belong to a league, but there has to be a way to "schedule around" teams like this one... a D2 team with a 0-3 record is not what McK should be playing... Good luck to all, sam Mck'68
It's a good thing you aren't going to travel to Stark County to watch the travesty because McKinley will be playing in Summit County.
Old 09-11-18, 07:05 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
McK just played two D4 teams and a D2 team previous to this game

How can there be an issue 4 weeks deep? If you want to have a stern stance on the schedule - don't start with attacking the league schedule....the OOC should have been your first stop.
Old 09-11-18, 07:22 AM
Varsity

FeartheNeer is on a distinguished road
I think McK takes this one without incident. Whatever you think of the league, Green has been a nice way for McK to ease into league play. Green is a community, school, and program on the rise IMO, might not be this year, but expect them to start putting things together. I agree with FB101 if the green game bothers you, the OOC was just as bad. I think the OOC this year was a great way to start the season for a very young bulldogs team, but you cant pick and choose what you criticize.
Old 09-11-18, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:

And if McKinley played the type of schedule that all the old-timers who left Canton long ago want them to play, I don't think they'd be too happy with the record at the end of the season most years. This isn't 1950, 1980, or even 2000. The city of Canton is a different place now.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 09-11-18 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-11-18, 09:13 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
And if McKinley played the type of schedule that all the old-timers who left Canton long ago want them to play, I don't think they'd be too happy with the record at the end of the season most years. This isn't 1950, 1980, or even 2000.
Agree, Green isn't the team they should field but they offer a well above average venue, great community, great kids and one of the best youth programs around. Sooner or later I hope they put things together and in all other sports are doing fine. They will never get the outside kids to year in and year out compete at the highest level and I'd say almost all agree that the transfers is something Green has little if any interest in. The upper teams that get 2-5 studs is huge. Green has either good skill but no line or a good line with no skill players.
Old 09-11-18, 12:53 PM
All District

JAF wrote: "It's a good thing you aren't going to travel to Stark County to watch the travesty because McKinley will be playing in Summit County."
----------------------

I normally enjoy traveling to Green and Lake... They are the shortest drives of the season for me... Good luck to you, and to all... Go Pups... sam Mck'68
Old 09-11-18, 01:04 PM
All District

bass10 wrote: " ... (Green) will never get the outside kids to year in and year out compete at the highest level and I'd say almost all agree that the transfers is something Green has little if any interest in. The upper teams that get 2-5 studs is huge. Green has either good skill but no line or a good line with no skill players."
---------------------

I agree. And, IMO, if you substitute McK for Green in the above, you also describe Canton's program... Worse is that in some cases, Canton can not KEEP our good athletes ... Good luck to you, and to all.... sam Mck'68
Old 09-11-18, 01:30 PM
All District

Football 101 wrote:"McK just played two D4 teams and a D2 team previous to this game..."
---------------------

Exactly! ... and now the Pups play a D2 team with an 0-3 record... So, what are the chances we go Undefeated but do not have enough Harbin Points to make the play-offs as a HOME Team??? :-)

IMO, McK will make the play-offs as a Travel Team, go "One and Done" (again), and we will all say Wait Till Next Year... the regular season should prepare us for a better fate... The only game i really care about now is in Week 10.

Go Pups... Beat Green... Play plenty of substitutes... Good luck to all, sam McK'68
Old 09-11-18, 02:09 PM
Scatologist

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Canton McKinley eleventy billion
Akron Green 5
Old 09-11-18, 02:47 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Akron Green 5
Thanks for stopping by to spew your intelligence.
Old 09-11-18, 03:10 PM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
With all those "dogs" on the field, sure hope you have a big clean up crew on hand.
Old 09-11-18, 03:19 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Football 101 wrote:"McK just played two D4 teams and a D2 team previous to this game..."
---------------------

Exactly! ... and now the Pups play a D2 team with an 0-3 record... So, what are the chances we go Undefeated but do not have enough Harbin Points to make the play-offs as a HOME Team??? :-)

IMO, McK will make the play-offs as a Travel Team, go "One and Done" (again), and we will all say Wait Till Next Year... the regular season should prepare us for a better fate... The only game i really care about now is in Week 10.

Go Pups... Beat Green... Play plenty of substitutes... Good luck to all, sam McK'68
If McKinley goes undefeated they will be playing at home week 11 so the chances are zero.

Plenty of good matchups on McKinleys schedule with local communities...if you don't care that's a personal problem. Get out of the past and embrace the present.

After 45 years people still dont understand Harbins. A 7-8 win D4 is better than a 3-4 win D1. And divisions can have little relevance to the quality of opponent, playing a lower division team doesn't mean an easier matchup.
Old 09-11-18, 03:25 PM
All World

Caleb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Akron Green 5
In 3 overtimes!
Old 09-11-18, 04:03 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Akron Green 5
Well there is no Akron Green. It is Uniontown Green believe it or not!! Check OHSAA site.
Old 09-11-18, 05:11 PM
Scatologist

I know. I'm old and Akron Green was how it was referred to in the computer point standings at one time. (Also Greensburg Green at other times)
Old 09-11-18, 05:12 PM
Scatologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Thanks for stopping by to spew your intelligence.
You're welcome?
Old 09-11-18, 09:34 PM
Success is Tradition!

Quote:
---------------------

There is virtually zero chance that the Bulldogs go undefeated and don't host a week #1 playoff game.

There is also little chance that this young team will finish the season undefeated. As such, chances are good that they will make the playoffs and travel for game #1....their chances of winning a first round game depend heavily on who they would play.

Frankly, at the moment, it might not be in a team's best interest to finish #1 or #2 in the Harbin rankings because those teams could be stuck hosting St. Edward and St. Ignatius.
Old 09-11-18, 10:03 PM
Moderated User

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by just a fan View Post
There is virtually zero chance that the Bulldogs go undefeated and don't host a week #1 playoff game.

There is also little chance that this young team will finish the season undefeated. As such, chances are good that they will make the playoffs and travel for game #1....their chances of winning a first round game depend heavily on who they would play.

Frankly, at the moment, it might not be in a team's best interest to finish #1 or #2 in the Harbin rankings because those teams could be stuck hosting St. Edward and St. Ignatius.
8-2 and possibly 7-3 will get mck a home game.
They will beat Green by 21 +
Old 09-12-18, 07:24 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I know. I'm old and Akron Green was how it was referred to in the computer point standings at one time. (Also Greensburg Green at other times)
Canton is a city, note Canton McKinley, Green is a city, note Green Bulldogs? No confusion and no reason to call us Akron or Uniontown?? Greensburg is actually North Canton?
Old 09-12-18, 07:27 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
My retort was in response to the comment that tongue in cheek was leading to bashing of the league and that McK has to play Green.

The point I was pushing was if there is concern about who is in the league - why not start by beefing up the OOC before you blast a league that welcomed your school??

Whether a school is in a league or not, the first three weeks of the season are the EASIEST to schedule as most leagues start after week 3
Old 09-14-18, 05:17 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
GameDay on the road young Bulldogs,good luck at Green...BAM!
Old 09-14-18, 06:20 AM
Scatologist

Quote:
Canton is a city, note Canton McKinley, Green is a city, note Green Bulldogs? No confusion and no reason to call us Akron or Uniontown?? Greensburg is actually North Canton?
Greensburg is now part of Green (as of early 90's when City was formed out of small village and surrounding township).

As for the Uniontown Green moniker, blame the post office. There is a post office in Green, but the residents throughout Green are served out of surrounding post offices and their zip codes. Apparently the high school is in the Uniontown sector. Perhaps the old high school was further north, in the Akron sector.
Old 09-14-18, 08:26 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Quote:
You really should know what you're talking about when trying to correct people. These are all OHSAA designations and are used when there are multiple teams with the same name in the state. The postal code name is then used... thus Massillon Jackson, Massillon Perry, Uniontown Green, etc.
Old 09-14-18, 08:28 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Quote:

You old time McK fans really need to get over the anti-Fed BS. Green's freshman team just took our 9th graders behind the wood shed. You oughta be careful how much you talk smack about them. They are a perfect fit for the Fed and the league has been good overall for the Pups. You clearly also don't understand how leagues work if you think you can schedule around anyone
Old 09-14-18, 06:30 PM
Success is Tradition!

McKinley took their 1st possession 80 yards for a TD but the extra point was blocked. Green struggled to move the ball on their 1st possession but just got a long pass completion to move inside the McKinley 25 and then another to inside the five and then ran it in for the TD on their second possession. Also an 80 yard drive.

Green 7
McKinley 6
Old 09-14-18, 06:35 PM
Success is Tradition!

McKinley goes 3 and out and is forced to punt back to Green. Bad snap but got the ball out and it rolled for a good while before being downed at the 11 with 58 seconds in the 1st quarter.

Green has incomplete pass on 1st down, loss of 1 on carry, pass complete for a 1st down at the 24 thanks to yards after the catch. End of 1st quarter.

Another first down to the 35 on a 3rd down conversion. Loss of 1 on 1st down run play, incomplete pass, QB keeper for two. Green is forced to punt, QB goes off the field with a possible injury.

60 punt rolls all the way to the eight. Chop block penalty negates a 5 yard completion, 2nd and 12, Hunter to the 12, Hunter to the 23 on the next carry for a first down. Short pass completed and nowhere to go, 2nd and 8...another short pass completed with nowhere to go...3rd and 7. QB keeper to the 34 for a first down. Pass complete to the 40 and carried to the 47. Face mask call on Green moves the ball further. 1st down on the Green 40. Procedure call moves it back to the 45. Gain of 10 on run play, QB keeper to the 26 for a first down. Green takes a timeout.

Ross carries ball to the 15 for another 1st down. Hurry up offense....Green takes their 3rd time out. QB keeper for short gain, short pass completed to Ross and carried in for a TD. McKinley extra point is no good....Pino didn't have a mouth piece when he lined up to kick the extra point, so they sent in a third kicker (i.e. not Reardon) in and the kick was low.

Green 7
McKinley 12

Last edited by just a fan; 09-14-18 at 06:54 PM.