Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-18, 01:11 PM
All World

sportster4321 is on a distinguished road
Hubbard at Lakeview week 4

The Eagles soar into cortland 3-0 coming off a 62-12 win vs overmatched Ash Edgewood. Lakeview comes in 1-2 with two straight blow out losses to Liberty and now Labrae(49-13). Lakeview beat a depleted Hubbard team last season 7-6. Seems like the bulldogs don't handle speed well. Hubbard should be the fastest team they'll see to date. The Eagles are averaging 57 ppg to date. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-18, 01:29 PM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Lakeview can’t seem to stop anyone, and they don’t have a QB that can throw at all, like I said going into the season but a certain guy on here argued up and down about it. Eagles will have the jv’s in by the start of the 4th
Old 09-08-18, 01:31 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Hubbard at Lakeview week 3

Hubbard by a lot in week 4. Lots of injuries for the dogs and thatís the only reason dammmit
Old 09-08-18, 01:33 PM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
Won’t be much of a game. I’d expect a blowout. Lakeview began the season with lots of optimism, lots of speed and skill returning, a host of underclass lettermen. Pre season practice cost them their 2nd best WR who blew out a knee. He was also a DB starter. The Howland win was expensive as Lakeview lost 3 All District players who went both ways - broken collar bone for the best WR/S who also alternates at QB, stress fracture to OLB/RB and broken foot bone to 2 way linemen. Add in a starting CB ( broken wrist). Those are the most significant but they have had other injuries that have them playing Frosh and Soph . Losing your 3 best players and a number of other starters means this is a rebuilding year instead of the projected 7-8 win season. It’s a shame, but you deal with it. Hubbard wins this game very easily.
Old 09-08-18, 01:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
Wonít be much of a game. Iíd expect a blowout. Lakeview began the season with lots of optimism, lots of speed and skill returning, a host of underclass lettermen. Pre season practice cost them their 2nd best WR who blew out a knee. He was also a DB starter. The Howland win was expensive as Lakeview lost 3 All District players who went both ways - broken collar bone for the best WR/S who also alternates at QB, stress fracture to OLB/RB and broken foot bone to 2 way linemen. Add in a starting CB ( broken wrist). Those are the most significant but they have had other injuries that have them playing Frosh and Soph . Losing your 3 best players and a number of other starters means this is a rebuilding year instead of the projected 7-8 win season. Itís a shame, but you deal with it. Hubbard wins this game very easily.

Lol like clockwork. Injuries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-18, 01:41 PM
All American

Lmao dudes delusional can’t just say they arnt good
Old 09-08-18, 02:05 PM
All American

Paladin1aa is on a distinguished road
And right on cue we hear from the scumbag fans of that flea bitten dog of a city in Mahoning County . Total class ( not).

Totally expected.
Old 09-08-18, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

Hubbard at Lakeview week 3

Quote:
And right on cue we hear from the scumbag fans of that flea bitten dog of a city in Mahoning County . Total class ( not).

Totally expected.

Pav fire you yet?

You think Troy makes you untouchable ?

Old 09-08-18, 02:29 PM
All World

Hahaha gesh. Whole teams injured.
Old 09-08-18, 02:53 PM
All Ohio

HubCapper is on a distinguished road
This will be game #2 on the "2018 payback tour".

Hey Hubbard Eagles, remember this game at The Beautiful Hubbard Memorial Stadium last year?

9/15/17
Lakeview 7
Hubbard 6

Just like Girard, they went to the playoff's while you guys sat at home last year.

Whatcha gonna do about it???
Old 09-08-18, 02:59 PM
All World

This is correct. Game #2 of 5 for the 2018 the payback tour. 5 losses last year... Worst eagle season in almost 20 years. Redemption time.
Old 09-08-18, 03:02 PM
All District

ucfpengbuck
Quote:

Totally expected.

Wow ! I'm glad Hubbard is in Trumbull county. Eagles win but don't sleep on those " fighting paladins " from Cortland
Old 09-08-18, 03:09 PM
All American

He was talking about Struthers, he’s just a grumpy old man because his team is awful this year, but you never hear the end of him about all the talent and transfers they have coming in when they’re winning, dudes a complete joke
Old 09-08-18, 03:19 PM
All Region

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
By no means am I defending Paladin but he is kinda right, Lakeview has been decimated by injuries this year. The few half way decent players they had this season are out. Hubbard can name the score in this one.
Old 09-08-18, 03:23 PM
All Ohio

HubCapper is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Hubbard on their #1 standing in D4 R13 this week.
Old 09-08-18, 03:34 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws31 View Post
By no means am I defending Paladin but he is kinda right, Lakeview has been decimated by injuries this year. The few half way decent players they had this season are out. Hubbard can name the score in this one.
They were gonna name the score regardless, come week 5 every team unless something crazy happens will be hurt in some way by injuries thatís football
Old 09-08-18, 04:29 PM
Varsity

NEohioFB is on a distinguished road
Yeah Iím kind of indifferent about whatís going on here. Sure Paladin has quite a reputation, but I didnít get the vibe that he was saying without all these injuries theyíd win. Hubbard big in this one.

Old 09-08-18, 04:45 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEohioFB View Post
Yeah Iím kind of indifferent about whatís going on here. Sure Paladin has quite a reputation, but I didnít get the vibe that he was saying without all these injuries theyíd win. Hubbard big in this one.

Maybe not but hard to say. Injuries have been his excuse for losses dozens of times before. Paladin had quite the reputation.
Old 09-08-18, 06:15 PM
All American

When most teams lose even if it was a game they should of won, and most fans will accept that and say the reasons why the lost, paladin on the other hand will never just accept a loss, someone got hurt normally is the excuse
Old 09-08-18, 08:36 PM
All District

itzme is on a distinguished road
Lakeview's WR is obviously very talented & was a loss but they had no one to get him the football this year anyway. That's why they were repping him at QB. You get him the ball by snapping it to him. Unfortunately, that's how they lost him as well. Their OL is terrible. They had 1 good OL and now he's gone. Their all district OLB played in 2 of their 3 games including vs. LaBrae. He just hasn't played offense.

Hubbard could've named the score regardless of injuries similarly with LaBrae. The Liberty win was kind of surprising but not really when you consider a lack of speed and lack of QB & OL play. Lakeview has scored 34pts. in 3 games.
Old 09-08-18, 10:14 PM
All Region

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
When most teams lose even if it was a game they should of won, and most fans will accept that and say the reasons why the lost, paladin on the other hand will never just accept a loss, someone got hurt normally is the excuse
Or refs had it out for them
Old 09-09-18, 10:07 AM
All American

Very true, just take the loss it’s high school football things happen lol
Old 09-09-18, 10:25 AM
All American

Lep2002 is on a distinguished road
I am not surprised by Lakeview's big loss to LaBrae. Lakeview did not look good against Liberty. Liberty had a few turnovers and ran the clock out with the ball at the 10 and still won 29-7. Liberty really opened up holes for RB's all game. I was surprised at how poor Lakeview looked. They should still win 5 or even 6 games but no more.

Hubbard is in a tough spot when it comes to the playoffs. They have a nice team but I think at best they are 4th in their region. Steubenville and Mooney are clearly better and I imagine Perry is as well. Then you have Struthers, Poland, Buchtel, and even Girard that can be a threat. It is a tough region.
Old 09-09-18, 11:06 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lep2002 View Post
I am not surprised by Lakeview's big loss to LaBrae. Lakeview did not look good against Liberty. Liberty had a few turnovers and ran the clock out with the ball at the 10 and still won 29-7. Liberty really opened up holes for RB's all game. I was surprised at how poor Lakeview looked. They should still win 5 or even 6 games but no more.

Hubbard is in a tough spot when it comes to the playoffs. They have a nice team but I think at best they are 4th in their region. Steubenville and Mooney are clearly better and I imagine Perry is as well. Then you have Struthers, Poland, Buchtel, and even Girard that can be a threat. It is a tough region.
You obviously haven't seen Hubbard this year. Perry? Talent wise Hubbard has one of the top teams in this region. We'll see how far it goes. This isn't the tac8 days anymore.
Old 09-09-18, 11:16 AM
All World

Imo the eagles are in a perfect spot this year. The region is more wide open than ever.
Old 09-09-18, 11:43 AM
All American

SOARING-EAGLE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lep2002 View Post

@ sportster....I don't think he has seen Hubbard play this year....Hubbard has a lot of good speed this year with different athletes. And that is what it takes to compete once u get into the playoffs !! I think we have a really good secondary also so we will see once we get to that point.....
Old 09-09-18, 11:46 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOARING-EAGLE View Post
@ sportster....I don't think he has seen Hubbard play this year....Hubbard has a lot of good speed this year with different athletes. And that is what it takes to compete once u get into the playoffs !! I think we have a really good secondary also so we will see once we get to that point.....
Biggest thing is depth. We've never had it. We're 4 deep on the D line and at linebacker. Almost 30 letterwinners from a year ago. It'll be noticeable late in the year once teams start wearing down.
Old 09-09-18, 11:53 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportster4321 View Post
Biggest thing is depth. We've never had it. We're 4 deep on the D line and at linebacker. Almost 30 letterwinners from a year ago. It'll be noticeable late in the year once teams start wearing down.
Yes u are correct and we will see how the rest of the year goes...Hubbard's 2nd. string struggled against Edgewood's 1st. string badly.
Old 09-09-18, 12:03 PM
All American

I’m all honesty until
Someone knocks off steubenville it’s their region to lose, that’s the favorite I feel everyone else can beat everyone else right now, things can change obviously tho
Old 09-09-18, 12:08 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Iím all honesty until
Someone knocks off steubenville itís their region to lose, thatís the favorite I feel everyone else can beat everyone else right now, things can change obviously tho
Yes it is a crazy time in our area anymore with how things play out....Enrollment way down
Closed Thread