Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-08-18, 07:02 AM
All World

LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Week 4: Lake Blue Streaks at Louisville Leopards

What's everyone's thoughts! Last time these two met was the 2007 playoffs on the road to State for the Leopards.

Enjoy a few past highlights below and view the all-time series:

All-Time Series

Louisville Leopards Vs. Lake Blue Streaks All-Time Football Series

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS - GAME ARCHIVE

1989 - Louisville Leopards 12, Lake Blue Streaks 6, 2OT

1993 - Lake Blue Streaks 48, Louisville Leopards 33 (Playoff Game)

2004 - Lake Blue Streaks 24, Louisville Leopards 0 (Playoff Game)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-18, 07:39 AM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
So happy this game is back. If y’all havent gone, go. It’s always an incredible game and atmosphere.
Old 09-08-18, 09:00 AM
All Yappi

afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
So excited that this game is back on the schedule. Unfortunately I’ll be out of town this week, but still excited. There have been some great battles in this series!
Old 09-08-18, 04:28 PM
Freshman

Football Guy89Q is on a distinguished road
Leps looking for .500

The first one is tough but I see this leopards team with fire, lots of energy before and during the game for the first time this year. Yes lake is 3-0 but I see Leps fighting and running toe for toe with this one. Leps get the win and turn season around Friday night. Will be a dog fight.
Old 09-08-18, 06:10 PM
All District

BasketballLover is on a distinguished road
I’ll take Lake ina really competitive game. Lake 27, Louisville 24
Old 09-08-18, 10:15 PM
Varsity

Power house is on a distinguished road
Lake Big. Louisville had hard game vs Green who is by far the worst team in Fed. I think lake goes 7-3 for sure and have a chance at 8-2
Old 09-08-18, 10:22 PM
All Region

Louisville Leopards is on a distinguished road
Louisville’s D-Coordinator will come out with the same defensive scheme and Lake runs for 350+ yards. 42-21 Lake
Old 09-09-18, 03:47 AM
Varsity

OldLep is on a distinguished road
I was just thinking the same thing about our D-Coordinator. After watching the replay of the Dover game those two horses in the backfield look good. The coaches said that they use the dreaded 4-2-5 because of the spread. Will they change anything going against an I formation with a tight end???? It was nice to see some fire from the boys on the field but lets not get to excite over a win over a Green team that might go 0 and 10. The offense did change some stuff up so lets see if Davis will or just point his finger at someone else. SENENITY NOW!!!!
Old 09-09-18, 11:16 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
I think Louisville is comparable in terms of talent to Copley and Dover, two teams Lake handled with ease. Lake will put up points. I think Lake's power running game imposes it's will on our defense and Lep's offense will not have enough steam to outscore Lake. Lake 35-21.
Old 09-09-18, 01:20 PM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
I’ll play devils advocate. I saw a much better defensive performance last week. Attitude, hitting, and guys flying to the ball. Offense needs to stop making mistakes that put the defense in poor position. 2 failed punts gave field position. 20 snaps the QB had to pull off his shoes. Putting the ball on the ground. Bad calls...td’s taken off the board for terrible illegal man downfield call. Watch the video not only were all 5 lineman 5 yds behind the los and so was Hartline. The guy who made that call should be fired. Starting the wrong guy at qb...Jones is the QB....Mathie is the athlete...

We’re not good enough to make little mistakes and win right now, we’re not good enough to have points taken off the board by bad calls and still win, and we’re not good enough to turn the ball over and still win. We’ve played 3 games and have yet to face a team that has better players than we have. Last week we still had all those things against us and found a way to win.

Coaches need to put these kids in a position to win and the kids have to go out and make plays. I see one of the best groups of receivers in the county. One of the best RB’s in the county. One of the best passers and one of the best athletes, along with what I think is one of the best d-lines in the county.

Put together a damn game plan for Lake and go out and execute it! All these shirts that say “relentless”....being relentless is doing whatever it takes...whatever it takes in planning, preparation, and execution from everyone starting at the top!
Old 09-09-18, 02:27 PM
Varsity

OldLep is on a distinguished road
Hey Lynus look at the slot receiver on the right... looks like he was on the line and covered up therefore ineligible imho. Be careful what one say about the snaps fuzz nuts will get you lol. 0 sacks 20 low snaps?? SERENITY NOW!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-18, 02:29 PM
All Ohio

Alas Lynus, good to see you back, thought perhaps you decided to take a long Yappi vacation! Go Leps!
Old 09-09-18, 03:34 PM
All American

Possible on the slot I’d have to go back and look, but either way a bad call or inexcusable mental error that took points off the board. Can’t do that and expect to win.
Coach...I was contemplating retirement, then realized I must be relentless in the pursuit of leopard football excellence and knowing our coaches enjoy reading my posts gives me the encouragement to push forward.
Old 09-10-18, 08:57 AM
All Region

old man 54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
I’ll play devils advocate. I saw a much better defensive performance last week. Attitude, hitting, and guys flying to the ball. Offense needs to stop making mistakes that put the defense in poor position. 2 failed punts gave field position. 20 snaps the QB had to pull off his shoes. Putting the ball on the ground. Bad calls...td’s taken off the board for terrible illegal man downfield call. Watch the video not only were all 5 lineman 5 yds behind the los and so was Hartline. The guy who made that call should be fired. Starting the wrong guy at qb...Jones is the QB....Mathie is the athlete...

We’re not good enough to make little mistakes and win right now, we’re not good enough to have points taken off the board by bad calls and still win, and we’re not good enough to turn the ball over and still win. We’ve played 3 games and have yet to face a team that has better players than we have. Last week we still had all those things against us and found a way to win.

Coaches need to put these kids in a position to win and the kids have to go out and make plays. I see one of the best groups of receivers in the county. One of the best RB’s in the county. One of the best passers and one of the best athletes, along with what I think is one of the best d-lines in the county.

Put together a damn game plan for Lake and go out and execute it! All these shirts that say “relentless”....being relentless is doing whatever it takes...whatever it takes in planning, preparation, and execution from everyone starting at the top!
I agree the team seemed to play with more fire and passion and show some signs of life. However, its hard to get too excited because most do not see Green winning many games this year.

No question Jones is the better option at QB with this offense. Hartline is a stud RB but Demarco can't help himself and stay committed to the run game. Horrendous play calling near the end of the game when we were getting 5 yards a run play and could have used all the clock and then he just had to throw on 2nd and 5 and then again 3rd and 5, both incomplete passes and give Green a shot at the end.

I would not call the D line one of the best because the have given up 177 yards, 214 yards and 241 yards rushing and we have not played our best competition yet... They did show up against a very weak O Line. I am very hopeful to see if they show up this week against Lake and if so, we can start talking about how good they are.
Many are expecting a change with the D schemes this week. Wishful thinking though because we have not seen it happen yet except in the Poland playoff game in 2105...
Old 09-10-18, 09:53 AM
All American

We still have work to do, but again I’ll take the other side of those stats. Last year it was 450, 330, and 300 given up on the ground the first three weeks. It’s not like we’re going up against chumps either. The RB and QB for both Hoover and Green are solid players all in the top 4 in the area for yards, and the Canfield kids were solid as well. If the QB for Green was any less athletic, he would have been sacked 3-4 more times than he was. Kid made some great escapes from Goard last week, give him credit. We stopped Porter Flinn and the QB got us a few times...stay home and contain.

Lake wants to run the ball, that’s no secret. Let’s go out and stop the run. Lake’s played from ahead and capitalized off of turnovers. Let’s take care of the ball and score some points early and maybe they have to do things their not comfortable doing...make em throw the ball more than they want to, and get to the QB.

Lake fans....I sure hope you’ll travel better than Green did...I know you will.
Old 09-10-18, 11:19 AM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We still have work to do, but again I’ll take the other side of those stats. Last year it was 450, 330, and 300 given up on the ground the first three weeks. It’s not like we’re going up against chumps either. The RB and QB for both Hoover and Green are solid players all in the top 4 in the area for yards, and the Canfield kids were solid as well. If the QB for Green was any less athletic, he would have been sacked 3-4 more times than he was. Kid made some great escapes from Goard last week, give him credit. We stopped Porter Flinn and the QB got us a few times...stay home and contain.

Lake wants to run the ball, that’s no secret. Let’s go out and stop the run. Lake’s played from ahead and capitalized off of turnovers. Let’s take care of the ball and score some points early and maybe they have to do things their not comfortable doing...make em throw the ball more than they want to, and get to the QB.

Lake fans....I sure hope you’ll travel better than Green did...I know you will.
Haha don’t you worry I’m sure the bluestreak faithful will travel very well. Especially for this one.
Old 09-10-18, 11:26 AM
All Region

basselope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLep View Post
Hey Lynus look at the slot receiver on the right... looks like he was on the line and covered up therefore ineligible imho.
This....
the call was on the WR who was covered up
Old 09-10-18, 01:56 PM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Heads up to Lake fans it looks like they will doing road work on 44 starting this week. Might want to leave some extra travel time.
Old 09-11-18, 09:32 AM
All American

88streaks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
Heads up to Lake fans it looks like they will doing road work on 44 starting this week. Might want to leave some extra travel time.
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-11-18, 11:11 AM
Freshman

cwade is on a distinguished road
Really love this game! Louisville will create some problems for Lake. I don't feel like Lake has been tested. Awful CBUS team, solid Dover team, and a very down Copley team. I do think in the end Lake will wear them down and get the W..
Old 09-11-18, 11:53 AM
Varsity

LepsBacker is on a distinguished road
Let me start by saying great team win! We're down at half, and fought back to win the game. However, still way too many mistakes! I would love to see all 11 players go 100% every play. For as good as our receivers are, there were several plays where they ran the wrong routes, took plays off, or freakin didn't know where to line up (cost us 6 points)! If you're too tired, come off the field, this is our deepest position on the team! Our offense will have to bring it this week, because although I thought the Defense played their best game so far, there were still too many missed tackles and we might need to just outscore them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man 54 View Post
No question Jones is the better option at QB with this offense. Hartline is a stud RB but Demarco can't help himself and stay committed to the run game. Horrendous play calling near the end of the game when we were getting 5 yards a run play and could have used all the clock and then he just had to throw on 2nd and 5 and then again 3rd and 5, both incomplete passes and give Green a shot at the end.
Agreed that Hartline is a stud, and I was critical of throwing the ball on 2nd and 3rd down, but at least we did something unpredictable...and both plays SHOULD have been successful. Green has 8 guys in the box so we throw a bubble and it hits our receiver right in the hands and he drops it...the receiver was open on the second pass, and Jones threw it behind him. Probably why we wont see Demarco take any more risks the rest of the season...
Old 09-11-18, 02:26 PM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LepsBacker View Post
Agreed that Hartline is a stud, and I was critical of throwing the ball on 2nd and 3rd down, but at least we did something unpredictable...and both plays SHOULD have been successful. Green has 8 guys in the box so we throw a bubble and it hits our receiver right in the hands and he drops it...the receiver was open on the second pass, and Jones threw it behind him. Probably why we wont see Demarco take any more risks the rest of the season...

Only issue I had with throwing the ball in that situation is why they didn't throw it to the kid that catches everything you throw in his direction. If I'm going to take a chance I want my best players to have shot at making a play. Not a knock on the 3rd down drop, but that kid doesn't even play offense that often (and you say behind him, it hit him on his hands and chest, has to catch that ball)
Old 09-11-18, 05:53 PM
Freshman

Football Guy89Q is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Hopefully they see this post, because with out seeing it they most likely would not prepare one.... #DumpTruck
Old 09-11-18, 06:23 PM
Varsity

Sliver of Hope is on a distinguished road
I will take Lake in a yawner..... 42-13
Old 09-11-18, 09:11 PM
Freshman

Travis is on a distinguished road
Lake looks good

I know it’s early, but Lake looks really good this year. Best Lake team I’ve seen in awhile. The senior class has a really solid core with multiple skill sets.

I’m thinking 8-2 or 7-3. I know Louisville has tradition, but I’m thinking Lake wears them down and wins 35-14.
Old 09-11-18, 10:14 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Guy89Q View Post
Hopefully they see this post, because with out seeing it they most likely would not prepare one.... #DumpTruck

I am pretty sure this site is not one they read regularly
Old 09-12-18, 12:38 PM
All Region

pastGas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwade View Post
Really love this game! Louisville will create some problems for Lake. I don't feel like Lake has been tested. Awful CBUS team, solid Dover team, and a very down Copley team. I do think in the end Lake will wear them down and get the W..
I agree that Lake has not yet been tested. Running clock in 1st Q against West. Running clock against Copley in 3rd Q. Rotating subs into the game in 3rd Q against both Dover & Copley. Many Lake starters have not yet finished a half hour of play. Both West and Copley scored their only points in the last few minutes of the game. I found an interesting stat this morning. In 15 trips to the red zone Lake scored 14 TDs and lost 1 goal line fumble.
Is there a detour on rt 44 or can traffic pass through?
Old 09-12-18, 10:22 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
I am pretty sure this site is not one they read regularly

I'm pretty certain you are wrong...
Old 09-13-18, 05:48 AM
All American

They read it....can’t wait to see what what we’ve worked on this week.

87- the number of games DeMarco has coached.

0- the number of games we’ve won as the underdog.

Home dog Friday....gonna make history?
Old 09-13-18, 07:15 AM
Varsity

Sliver of Hope is on a distinguished road
A couple other interesting facets to this game:

2- Number of times Lake's Cameron Martin has been stopped by a single tackler (and 1 of these times was by himself as he tripped over his own feet);

6- difference in scoring average between these 2 teams in their relatively short history between each other.... and the number of beers it takes me to get to Louisville. (I measure in beers rather than miles or minutes) Coincidence?? I think not!

3- Number of bars I have been to in Louisville. Bud's Corner, Pub 44, and Loiusville Town Tavern...highly recommend all of them and super recommend the one waitress/ bartender at Bud's Corner!! Will not give her name, but when you go there you will know!

0 - The number of times I have traveled to Louisville for a football game and not been hammered. Go figure! CHEERS!!!!

Good Luck to both teams and stay healthy!