Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-07-18, 02:49 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
What has happened to Spectrum sports coverage?

There used to be about 10 games to pick from on the mysprectrum site. There was that many for week 1 but none for week 2 or week 3. They also used to show 3 or 4 games on their cable channel now just 1.....

This was the only reason I have stuck with them.... is this the end?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-18, 03:16 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer89 View Post
There's a reason fox sports Ohio stopped being the media partner of the OHSAA- ratings for games are actually pretty terrible.
Not surprising.

I wouldn't expect them to be very high. Most people don't care to watch a HS football game with players they have no idea who they are.

I would watch a local school, maybe, and state title games that is about it.
Old 09-07-18, 03:17 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There's a reason fox sports Ohio stopped being the media partner of the OHSAA- ratings for games are actually pretty terrible.
Yep. And, outside of a few pockets of the state, attendance at games is down. Even traffic on sites like this are down (sorry Yappi). High school football in Ohio peaked a few decades ago and the slow slide continues. There are simply more choices for entertainment these days, as well as athletic opportunities for high school kids other than football. The CTE issue isnít helping, either. To me, a high school football game is great entertainment for a low price, but enjoy it while we have it, because itís on the downhill slide.
Old 09-07-18, 03:19 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
At the very root I believe is non competitiveness of games.

Many of us love HS football, as do I, but for the most part it isn't the most competitive scores and I come from an extremely good league.

Reason why I like the NFL the most is how generally close the games are.
Old 09-07-18, 04:08 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
There used to be about 10 games to pick from on the mysprectrum site. There was that many for week 1 but none for week 2 or week 3. They also used to show 3 or 4 games on their cable channel now just 1.....

This was the only reason I have stuck with them.... is this the end?
You hung in there a few months longer than I.

Last spring during the basketball state finals, they offered all of the semifinals then the championship games disappeared Saturday morning. Fortunately we found a way to stream it online and HDMI from computer to TV, but what a hassle. I called and cancelled the cable, but kept internet and now use an over the air antenna (great picture) and a streaming service (play station vue) that gives us ESPN, BIG TEN, and NFL total Access. Still saving a ton with all of the streaming, but glitches at times, not sure if it is internet speed or Roku stick that is causing the issue?

But yes, it appears we are near the end of "normal" high school games being broadcast.
Old 09-07-18, 05:37 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Spectrum isn't Time Warner. That's the difference. Spectrum stinks in my opinion

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-18, 10:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The thing is that the camera is there. Spectrum was at the Wayne/Hoban game but there is no way to watch it. They are at other games to and you used to be able to watch all the games they were at. Now, they only give you the option to watch HS blitz.... why not just put the games up on the myspectrum site like they did all year last year and week 1 for this year...

makes no sense... I think I will call and find out....
Old 09-13-18, 07:53 PM
Junior Varsity

atthemike is on a distinguished road
I'd recommend checking out the weekly TV games listed here on Yappi. Our broadcasts (Suburban League) are open to everyone on the internet in HD. MyCommunityFocus.org is where you can see them, or subscribe to them on YouTube. Other games are available for free steaming on PEG channels. Newer flat screens accept the HD broadcasts and you can't go wrong!
Old 09-13-18, 09:36 PM
All Yappi

^ Thanks for that link. I have seen games on youtube cable 9, I did watch Twinsburg/Copley. Is there a reason you did not post the Aurora game on there?

Spectrum did finally post the games for week 3. Had some great games so I am happy again.
Old 09-14-18, 11:02 AM
All Region

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
I love watching games all week long on WOSN. This year they cut a deal with Channel 26 in NW Ohio (Defiance, maybe?) and we get to see a game from up there every week. I think I heard Wauseon-Archbold this week?
Old 09-14-18, 11:18 AM
All Ohio

TWILLKE is on a distinguished road
Smile

MASON V SYCAMORE TONIGHT SPECTRUM SPORTS. all i could find in Ohio

football is just going through a phase as it did when helmets changed (leather to hard plastic to current day) , pads got bigger (just compare Mean Joe to the fifties look) , more violent tackles became the norm (less shoulder and more spearing) etc...

new improvements, better teaching about the entire game, and such will improve it. I doubt it will ever go away per the above quote.
Old 09-14-18, 02:51 PM
Junior Varsity

JU-ICE is on a distinguished road
Would be nice if Ohio could have the set-up that Indiana has. https://www.ihsaatv.org/ offers 13 live HS Football broadcast to watch online, plus others on replay.
Old 09-14-18, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILLKE View Post
MASON V SYCAMORE TONIGHT SPECTRUM SPORTS. all i could find in Ohio

football is just going through a phase as it did when helmets changed (leather to hard plastic to current day) , pads got bigger (just compare Mean Joe to the fifties look) , more violent tackles became the norm (less shoulder and more spearing) etc...

new improvements, better teaching about the entire game, and such will improve it. I doubt it will ever go away per the above quote.
Spectrum has about 8 games each week. You have to go here to view them:

http://www.myspectrumsports.com/oh/s...o/game-replays