Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-02-18, 11:32 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
5 Most hated teams in College Football

According to the Wall Street Journal, the 5 most hated college football teams are :

5 Michigan
4 Penn St
3 Notre Dame
2 Ohio St
1 Alabama

You have to be a subscriber to read article

Looks like a lot of people hate the Big Ten
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-18, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
4 historical powerhouses and 1 Sandusky
Old 09-02-18, 03:33 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
4 historical powerhouses and 1 Sandusky
Yep.
Old 09-04-18, 01:54 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
How about Saban ripping the sideline reporter after the game for questioning his QB decisions?
I actually don't blame him. This is why the media has such a bad name at times. I mean, Nick Saban is a pretty good football coach...to have him questioned about football is kind of goofy. I mean, doesn't it make sense to play a couple QB's early, especially in Bama's situation. Why not keep both in the mix?
Old 09-04-18, 02:01 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think she questioned his judgement. I believe she simply asked if the game gave him any clarity on the situation going forward. A reasonable question that most fans were probably wondering.

Much better than the "how proud of your guys are you?" - "what does this win mean to the team?" sort of nonsense that is typical in those situations.
Old 09-04-18, 02:05 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Right, especially since it's clear Tua is head and shoulders above Hurts and Saban hasn't wanted to admit it.
Old 09-04-18, 04:16 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Why would he be more vested in Hurts that he wouldn't want to admit Tua is better for the team?
Old 09-05-18, 08:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
Why would he be more vested in Hurts that he wouldn't want to admit Tua is better for the team?
Doesn't want Hurts to transfer. He sees the QB musical chairs game going on all over the country, with multiple QB transfers getting more and more common as soon as one starter is named. He doesn't want to be left with little QB depth, like what happened to Ohio State, LSU, A&M...among others.
Old 09-05-18, 08:54 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Bingo cjb. Alabama's scholarship QBs are:
True junior Jalen Hurts
True sophomore Tua Tagovailoa
True freshman Mac Jones

If Jalen transfers and Tua gets hurt they're starting true freshman Mac Jones - the 29th best QB in his class. If I'm Hurts I'm refusing to play after the 4th game of the year. Take the redshirt for this year, graduate in December and then graduate transfer for 2 years of eligibility left. Do whats best for you.
Old 09-05-18, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Bingo cjb. Alabama's scholarship QBs are:
True junior Jalen Hurts
True sophomore Tua Tagovailoa
True freshman Mac Jones

If Jalen transfers and Tua gets hurt they're starting true freshman Mac Jones - the 29th best QB in his class. If I'm Hurts I'm refusing to play after the 4th game of the year. Take the redshirt for this year, graduate in December and then graduate transfer for 2 years of eligibility left. Do whats best for you.
Yep, and you can bet good ol' Nick...king of the greyshirt, parking kids at JUCO's and then forgetting about them when they no longer need them, running his recruiting mistakes off with fake medicals, oversigning, etc...will do everything possible to play Hurts too deep for him to redshirt.
Old 09-05-18, 09:25 AM
All World

One wonders what is actually more objectionable. Sitting in a parents living room and asking them to trust you with their son, then actively sabotaging their professional hopes once they're no longer of use to you....or not firing a guy the police declined to press domestic violence charges against?

Old 09-06-18, 08:41 AM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
One wonders what is actually more objectionable. Sitting in a parents living room and asking them to trust you with their son, then actively sabotaging their professional hopes once they're no longer of use to you....or not firing a guy the police declined to press domestic violence charges against?

Good point unless the second guy also sits in a living room asking for trust and then does the same thing as Sabin does.
Old 09-06-18, 08:56 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Good point unless the second guy also sits in a living room asking for trust and then does the same thing as Sabin does.
Did Urban lie to Burrow and tell him he had a chance to be the starter, submarining his professional hopes in the interests of having depth at the QB position? Or was he upfront with the young man and allowed him to make the decision that was best for his future?
Old 09-06-18, 09:11 AM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think Michigan ever came close to getting on these type of lists until Harbaugh entered the fold.
Old 09-06-18, 09:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
I don't think Michigan ever came close to getting on these type of lists until Harbaugh entered the fold.
I'm sure they did. They were a part of the Big 10/Big 2, when the SEC felt slighted as a league and loathed Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame and USC for sucking up all the media oxygen back in the day...and I mean waaaaay back, Woody and Bo/Rose Bowl era stuff. The SEC folks still hold that grudge, even as they have climbed to the mountain-top in college football.
Old 09-06-18, 09:48 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
I'm sure they did. They were a part of the Big 10/Big 2, when the SEC felt slighted as a league and loathed Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame and USC for sucking up all the media oxygen back in the day...and I mean waaaaay back, Woody and Bo/Rose Bowl era stuff. The SEC folks still hold that grudge, even as they have climbed to the mountain-top in college football.
From a pure SEC hate side Notre Dame is the top dog. Not only is there the Catholic angle but many down south believe the old time AP poll was heavily represented by "Yankees" and gave the Irish lofty rankings at the expense of the all white teams of the old SEC. Same goes with the Heisman voting, the top 3 schools with the most Heisman winners are ND, USC, and tOSU with the SEC not appearing until Auburn tied at #5. Finally ND Football was the first to have their own network, there was a lot of envy when that was first announced.