Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-02-18, 07:59 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
BUT...they DON'T have Montgomery and the QB is not playing well AND both lines are erratic...they better do something different ...what's the definition of insanity ?
Uh I agree with your comment about Franklin o-line.Look like Tarzon, play like jane. Huge kids not much blocking. Edgewood defense is very fast at every position. Cant have 11 penalties a game and expect to win.
Old 09-02-18, 08:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS91 View Post
Edgewood coach telling the kids to watch out for the cheap stuff. He said Franklin will do what Franklin does.
Uh, whats the problem with that? Uh facts are cruel sometimes.
Old 09-02-18, 08:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRLMN1999 View Post
Edgewood - 27
Franklin - 13
Uh, dude you win the prize, good call.
Old 09-02-18, 08:22 PM
All Region

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Edgewood-Franklin Week 2

Put the senior qb in. Put 9 in the backfield with 32 and run the damn ball.

Report back from the boys on both lines is ďthey didnít look that soft on filmĒ. Get their pads down, run their feet and run block a lot. That fixes a bunch of o-line problems.

Woods seems like an effective runner that doesnít mind contact. Let him do it, as a running back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-18, 08:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Were you at the game ...lol...Woods was 8 for 28 for 64 yards ...add the two "drops " in question and the stats are still ugly....one of the td drops was very low but the receiver did touch it so he should catch it...Everyone saying Woods was running for his life ...18 carries ...but he pulls the ball down WAY too soon way too often...he is hesitant to step up in the pocket and throw knowing he will be hit ....Not being mean but it is part of the problem ...he will throw 1 ball on target and three too far off to catch ....not hard to see...Who knows if the Sr QB will do better but at 0 and 2 with NO TDs its probably time to see...Xenia won't be fun for either QB with the line playing the way they are ...
ALSO...what IF Edgewood didn't fumble OR make the bad punts OR play tressel ball in the 3rd QT...What ifs are always in every game ...Edgewood dominated ..largely due to no offence by Franklin..
Uh, yeah I was there. Huge crowd, makes me miss the old MML. QB is not the problem at Franklin. Biggest problem is the o-line. Huge kids who don't finish blocks. Also Franklin has a lack of somebody with game breaking speed. Woods kid who is on JV this year will probably solve that problem next season. Edgewood did not dominate this game. Franklin had the ball in good field position 3 times only down 7-3.Edgewood defense did play really good. Brown and Hiltabrand are bad azzes.
Old 09-02-18, 11:03 PM
Varsity

NewBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh the fact of the matter is, Franklin receivers dropped 2 sure touchdown passes. Uh would have totally changed this game.QB put the ball there, kids have to catch it.Edgewood played really stupid football .11 penalties, 6 of those of the 15 yard variety. Uh if we do this next week it will be a massacre.
Man you are just ignoring the 8 for 28 passing for 64 yards ...IF they make both catches ...WHAT ABOUT the OTHER 18 misfires ...IF Edgewood didn't make THEIR errors ...penalties ...bad punts ...etc ...Franklin would not have been in scoring position to have the drops .....It sounds to me like you weren't at the game and are going by what someone told you ...lol...EDGEWOOD CLEARLY dominated the game and the Franklin QB didn't move the ball well at all ...I don't know the kid and nothing personal intended ...but come on man ...8 for 28 ...64 yards ..
Old 09-02-18, 11:15 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Uh, yeah I was there. Huge crowd, makes me miss the old MML. QB is not the problem at Franklin. Biggest problem is the o-line. Huge kids who don't finish blocks. Also Franklin has a lack of somebody with game breaking speed. Woods kid who is on JV this year will probably solve that problem next season. Edgewood did not dominate this game. Franklin had the ball in good field position 3 times only down 7-3.Edgewood defense did play really good. Brown and Hiltabrand are bad azzes.
You pointed out some obvious shortcomings ...game breaking speed ...O line...etc ...but you are just wrong if you don't see the QB play as a problem ...maybe Woods is frustrated due to line play ...i don't know...but I do know when I see obvious poor QB play ...Woods is not moving the team and is more comfortable running... that's why he takes off too soon at times I guess...IF Franklin doesn't change something they will be 0 and 3 next weekend ...they may be anyway ...But ...hope is on the way ...they play Monroe the week after ...All the problems will look better then ..that will help confidence which always helps when struggling like they are ..
Old 09-03-18, 11:37 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Put the senior qb in. Put 9 in the backfield with 32 and run the damn ball.

Report back from the boys on both lines is ďthey didnít look that soft on filmĒ. Get their pads down, run their feet and run block a lot. That fixes a bunch of o-line problems.

Woods seems like an effective runner that doesnít mind contact. Let him do it, as a running back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That does make sense....#32 Centers is playing both ways at times ...he could use the help in the backfield at RB for some rest....then he should be more effective on D....#9 Woods does seem to want to run and is a better runner than passer...It is yet to be seen if the Sr QB Bowermaster would do better but based on all the "bleacher talk " he is probably a better QB fit than Woods ...That combo may give Franklin the best of all worlds... Woods could still throw on occasion from the RB position to keep opposing D guessing ...It does sound like it is at least worth trying ...it would shake up things ...and they sure need that right now...
Old 09-03-18, 05:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
That does make sense....#32 Centers is playing both ways at times ...he could use the help in the backfield at RB for some rest....then he should be more effective on D....#9 Woods does seem to want to run and is a better runner than passer...It is yet to be seen if the Sr QB Bowermaster would do better but based on all the "bleacher talk " he is probably a better QB fit than Woods ...That combo may give Franklin the best of all worlds... Woods could still throw on occasion from the RB position to keep opposing D guessing ...It does sound like it is at least worth trying ...it would shake up things ...and they sure need that right now...
Uh everything considered, Franklins two main problems are a lack of game breaking speed, and an offensive line who does not finish blocks. Blaming the QB is short sided and makes no sense. Matt Centers is a bad azz football player, but he is not a running back.
Old 09-03-18, 05:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedthatkills View Post
I think one big difference Friday will be the fact that Franklin will likely get more than 2 possessions in the first half. It is hard for an offense to get rolling against a good team if they never have the ball. That is what Madison was able to work to perfection and Franklin was very frustrated in the first half. I believe Edgewood can do the same, better question is will they? Having a plan and executing are two different things.

While Madison has 2 special kids on their Oline (imo) and a pretty solid overall group I believe the Edgewood line has better across the board talent based on first step, head position, hand placement, etc. Just have to execute.
Uh Evan Brown and Justin Hiltbrand are twins at outside LB-DE. Both about 6'3" 220 and tremendous speed. Uh we need huge games from both kids this week.Badin has a lot of speed and they run the toss sweep a lot.
Old 09-03-18, 05:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS91 View Post
Edgewood coach telling the kids to watch out for the cheap stuff. He said Franklin will do what Franklin does.
Uh not saying the Edgewood coach didn't say that, but how would you be privy to that information?Uh did you watch the Franklin Edgewood games during the MML? Absolute all out war.Really fun to watch. Wish we could get there again.
Old 09-03-18, 09:20 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Uh everything considered, Franklins two main problems are a lack of game breaking speed, and an offensive line who does not finish blocks. Blaming the QB is short sided and makes no sense. Matt Centers is a bad azz football player, but he is not a running back.
You seem to just be stubborn ...just because you say something doesn't make sense does not mean your are right ...that's your opinion ...nothing more ...MY opinion is based on ZERO tds in 2 games and 8 for 28 and 64 passing yards last week ..I certainly do not believe the QB is the ONLY problem ...but QB play has NOT been effective in moving the ball or scoring ..you can't change the team speed ...you can coach up the Oline but that won't happen overnight ...
QB is the position that effects a game more than any one position ...a coach is obligated to the team to at least see if a change helps ...after all in the preseason the Sr QB was just as effective ( or more ) than Woods ...it MAKES SENSE to see if the change helps...what is the LOGIC for your opinion...let's compare logical aspects not just opinions...you know what opinions are like ...lol..I don't just take peoples opinion when my eyes tell me different
And ...Centers is a better LB than RB...but he seems to get better results than the other backs ...largely due to his aggressiveness...the coach is trying to get results ...that's why he should TRY something with the QB position ...if it doesn't work ...oh well...he tried and just didn't stand pat with what is NOT working.. Anxious to hear your logic for NOT trying to create some momentum..

Last edited by NewBlood; 09-03-18 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-04-18, 04:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You seem to just be stubborn ...just because you say something doesn't make sense does not mean your are right ...that's your opinion ...nothing more ...MY opinion is based on ZERO tds in 2 games and 8 for 28 and 64 passing yards last week ..I certainly do not believe the QB is the ONLY problem ...but QB play has NOT been effective in moving the ball or scoring ..you can't change the team speed ...you can coach up the Oline but that won't happen overnight ...
QB is the position that effects a game more than any one position ...a coach is obligated to the team to at least see if a change helps ...after all in the preseason the Sr QB was just as effective ( or more ) than Woods ...it MAKES SENSE to see if the change helps...what is the LOGIC for your opinion...let's compare logical aspects not just opinions...you know what opinions are like ...lol..I don't just take peoples opinion when my eyes tell me different
And ...Centers is a better LB than RB...but he seems to get better results than the other backs ...largely due to his aggressiveness...the coach is trying to get results ...that's why he should TRY something with the QB position ...if it doesn't work ...oh well...he tried and just didn't stand pat with what is NOT working.. Anxious to hear your logic for NOT trying to create some momentum..
Uh blowing up your team after two losses to good teams is not the answer.Dont care what you say, those two dropped TD passes by Franklin totally changed this game
Old 09-04-18, 04:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
In the game I saw Franklin didn't do much right ...both lines were more than suspect...Centers is a warrior but not real fast or shifty ...he does have great instincts,,but suffers because he plays both ways ...Franklin's 3 FGs were largely due to fantastic field position Edgewood gave due to a fumble ...poor punt and a drive that was a result of dumb penalties by Edgewood...
The wrs dropped a couple but those passes and most others were just off target and poor location...Woods is not effective ...not moving the team and doesn't make the best decisions...I don't know what the problem but its there ...Pressure because he is a coaches son and more than a few felt the Sr QB played better in the 4 preseason event ???? Who knows ...but they better get with it or they will be 0 and 3 after Xenia next week ...
Edgewood is the better team and should close out the 4th QT and get the win...Franklin can't score ...no TDs yet this year...
Uh, please don't start the coaches son discussion. Uh, I have seen this kid play for 3 years now, and being a coaches son has nothing to do with it. He has been an outstanding QB in every game I have watched Franklin.Franklins problems have nothing to do with the QB.
Old 09-04-18, 05:48 PM
Freshman

BuckeyeGuy85 is on a distinguished road
One thing's for certain. After what I saw Friday night Franklin can go ahead and kiss their playoff hopes goodbye if things stay as they are. Fact of the matter is the QB play just isn't up to standard right now. You can say what you want about the line but they provided plenty of time for the QB to make the correct read and get the ball out (literally heard a fan or most likely parent screaming and counting the time he had in the pocket). BUT the problem doesn't lie solely at the QB's feet. Play calling for the most part has been atrocious. The next time I see Centers run the ball down the field only for them to call yet another Jet Sweep that gets stuffed behind the line I will lose my mind. Defensive Secondary needs to run tackling drills all week long as well. Xenia looking like a forgone conclusion at this point but I'd still like to see some significant changes this week. I mean at least give the senior some run. See what he's got. At this point i'm down for anything.
Old 09-04-18, 06:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeGuy85 View Post
One thing's for certain. After what I saw Friday night Franklin can go ahead and kiss their playoff hopes goodbye if things stay as they are. Fact of the matter is the QB play just isn't up to standard right now. You can say what you want about the line but they provided plenty of time for the QB to make the correct read and get the ball out (literally heard a fan or most likely parent screaming and counting the time he had in the pocket). BUT the problem doesn't lie solely at the QB's feet. Play calling for the most part has been atrocious. The next time I see Centers run the ball down the field only for them to call yet another Jet Sweep that gets stuffed behind the line I will lose my mind. Defensive Secondary needs to run tackling drills all week long as well. Xenia looking like a forgone conclusion at this point but I'd still like to see some significant changes this week. I mean at least give the senior some run. See what he's got. At this point i'm down for anything.
Uh, nah QB was running for his life most of the game. Uh nah o-line is not that good. Look like Tarzan play like Jane . Big kids who don't finish blocks. Franklin does not have a speed kid who can hurt you with a 50 TD. Centers is a really good linebacker, uh RB not so much.
Old 09-04-18, 08:04 PM
Junior Varsity

FootballFreak02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh, nah QB was running for his life most of the game. Uh nah o-line is not that good. Look like Tarzan play like Jane . Big kids who don't finish blocks. Franklin does not have a speed kid who can hurt you with a 50 TD. Centers is a really good linebacker, uh RB not so much.
Centers can run the football. Iíve been watching him play since he was 8. This is the most athletic he has ever been. Heís worked his tail off to get that way. Great player. Thatís where the good ends. The issues have been and still are the following in my opinion. The O Line is soft, especially at tackle. D line is soft across the board. Secondary looks lost and canít shed a block. They have had some horrible drops and an unwillingness to fight for the ball at the wide receiver position. Xenia will be a serious test for them. I doubt it gets any better. I havenít seen any fight in this team all season. It wonít get better this week. Starting to wonder if it isnít the coaching. Worst tackling franklin team Iíve seen in years. They just arenít a good fundamentally. I stick to prediction before the season start. They donít look like a .500 team.
Old 09-04-18, 08:21 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Uh blowing up your team after two losses to good teams is not the answer.Dont care what you say, those two dropped TD passes by Franklin totally changed this game
The team appears to already be blown up.....can the O get any worse ? You act like teams that win never have dropped passes , fumbles and penalties ...a good team must overcome those things ...LIKE EDGEWOOD DID....
I do understand how important the drops are because the O just doesn't move the ball and the team can't afford ANY errors when the chance is there ...
Certainly lots of places to place blame when things are going this badly...dropped passes ...bad throws ...missed tackles ..and on and on ...that's why some shaking up of things is greatly needed
Old 09-04-18, 08:23 PM
Junior Varsity

FootballFreak02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The team appears to already be blown up.....can the O get any worse ? You act like teams that win never have dropped passes , fumbles and penalties ...a good team must overcome those things ...LIKE EDGEWOOD DID....
I do understand how important the drops are because the O just doesn't move the ball and the team can't afford ANY errors when the chance is there ...
Certainly lots of places to place blame when things are going this badly...dropped passes ...bad throws ...missed tackles ..and on and on ...that's why some shaking up of things is greatly needed
The offensive line is getting a shakeup.
Old 09-04-18, 08:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Uh in 90% of high school games that are not blowouts, each team has one or two opportunities to make a play .If you make the play, you win, if not you lose. Franklin dropping those TD passes were their chances to make a play. The first drive against Madison where the RB fumbled inside the ten was a chance to make a play.Franklin QB is an excellent football player, to lay all this on him is simply not right.
Old 09-04-18, 08:56 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Uh in 90% of high school games that are not blowouts, each team has one or two opportunities to make a play .If you make the play, you win, if not you lose. Franklin dropping those TD passes were their chances to make a play. The first drive against Madison where the RB fumbled inside the ten was a chance to make a play.Franklin QB is an excellent football player, to lay all this on him is simply not right.
I am NOT laying it JUST on him...but you are completely absolving the poor QB play and the ineffective offense ...I am also commenting on one of your other posts with more DETAIL for you ..especially about the QB position AND situation ..I enjoy discussing issues like this ...I love seeing people try hard to make a logical argument for what really is their opinions and feelings ...read the other post it will be up in a few...
Old 09-04-18, 09:00 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I am NOT laying it JUST on him...but you are completely absolving the poor QB play and the ineffective offense ...I am also commenting on one of your other posts with more DETAIL for you ..especially about the QB position AND situation ..I enjoy discussing issues like this ...I love seeing people try hard to make a logical argument for what really is their opinions and feelings ...read the other post it will be up in a few...
Uh don't understand exactly what you are saying. Just want to say Franklin QB is an excellent player and Franklin has to many good players not to be a good team.
Old 09-04-18, 09:34 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Uh don't understand exactly what you are saying. Just want to say Franklin QB is an excellent player and Franklin has to many good players not to be a good team.
You have also said some other things that attacked some Franklin players while ignoring other problems ...MY point is that the QB play has been weak and you disagreed ...that's the discussion WE are having ...not slamming the kid ...but it ain't ALL on the Oline and WRs ...unfair to give QB a pass in this
Old 09-04-18, 09:39 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Uh, please don't start the coaches son discussion. Uh, I have seen this kid play for 3 years now, and being a coaches son has nothing to do with it. He has been an outstanding QB in every game I have watched Franklin.Franklins problems have nothing to do with the QB.
You missed the point ...MY point was that there IS a rumbling about who should start at QB...fair or not...THAT could be a lot of pressue on a HS kid ...You said you have seen the kid for 3 years and he was great ...well What happened ...QB play is NOT good ..along with other things ...what caused the drop off ? MAYBE THAT pressure THAT was my point ...TBC...
Old 09-04-18, 09:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You have also said some other things that attacked some Franklin players while ignoring other problems ...MY point is that the QB play has been weak and you disagreed ...that's the discussion WE are having ...not slamming the kid ...but it ain't ALL on the Oline and WRs ...unfair to give QB a pass in this
Uh don't think I have mentioned any players by name except the QB who I was defending. Franklin has scheduled 3 pretty good ooc games. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it hurts you. You know 9 years out of l0 Franklin will kill Madison, just this season this might be the best Madison team ever.Franklin will be way favored next season over Edgewood who starts l7 seniors this season.Xenia is way better this year than usual. Uh just the luck of the draw.
Old 09-04-18, 09:46 PM
Varsity

ALSO...on the coaches son aspect...

if I had a son playing and it was very close ...I admit i would play my son until he didn't do the job...so would 99% of those that are being honest ...lol THAT seems to be what has happened here ...Welcome to the real world Hoser....most adults know this ...
But ..help is coming ...it appears they will stay with the status quo...and probably get the same result this week ....BUT never fear ....a WEAK Monroe team comes in the week after Xenia ...the O will look better and everyone will pat themselves on the back for sticking to the plan ...lol...BUT...what happens when they play the good teams ? What if the O struggles again ...when should the Sr get a chance to fail like the the current starter has had a chance to fail..
Old 09-04-18, 09:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
ALSO...on the coaches son aspect...

if I had a son playing and it was very close ...I admit i would play my son until he didn't do the job...so would 99% of those that are being honest ...lol THAT seems to be what has happened here ...Welcome to the real world Hoser....most adults know this ...
But ..help is coming ...it appears they will stay with the status quo...and probably get the same result this week ....BUT never fear ....a WEAK Monroe team comes in the week after Xenia ...the O will look better and everyone will pat themselves on the back for sticking to the plan ...lol...BUT...what happens when they play the good teams ? What if the O struggles again ...when should the Sr get a chance to fail like the the current starter has had a chance to fail..
Uh looking at Franklin schedule, looks to me after Xenia the only 2 competitive games they have left are Valley View and Bellbrook. Valley View just lost to a D6 team and Bellbrook is really inconsistent.Franklin could easily turn this around and end up 8-2 Kids have to decide to play or give up.
Old 09-04-18, 09:58 PM
Varsity

There is a lot of pressure that will grow with each loss...To think politics never come into play is naive ...unfair but true anyway...None of the kids I saw playing last week will make a living playing FB...only a couple MIGHT get some financial assistance aid to play in college ....there are NO 5 stars on that field ...lol...Give them a good life lesson ...when you don't perform someone will take you spot ...
My world won't change one bit if Franklin goes 8 and 2 by winning out or 0 and 10 by losing them all...the team does deserve a chance to shake things up ...you appear to favor Woods and give him a pass you don't give the rest of the team...I don't see it ...he has his flaws ...he won't improve if no one points them out ...
Old 09-04-18, 10:03 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Uh looking at Franklin schedule, looks to me after Xenia the only 2 competitive games they have left are Valley View and Bellbrook. Valley View just lost to a D6 team and Bellbrook is really inconsistent.Franklin could easily turn this around and end up 8-2 Kids have to decide to play or give up.
With such a weak schedule what should happen if they DON'T win them all ...can you give us your action if they lose ? come on don't be shy ...lol
Old 09-04-18, 10:05 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Uh don't think I have mentioned any players by name except the QB who I was defending. Franklin has scheduled 3 pretty good ooc games. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it hurts you. You know 9 years out of l0 Franklin will kill Madison, just this season this might be the best Madison team ever.Franklin will be way favored next season over Edgewood who starts l7 seniors this season.Xenia is way better this year than usual. Uh just the luck of the draw.
You have managed to stray from the point again ...lol....we are talking about the poor O and what to do ...lol