Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-29-18, 06:50 AM
All Region

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Edgewood-Franklin Week 2

First off- Franklin folks, the tracks after the bridge at 122 will be closed starting tomorrow for a few days so find another route, road, or trail if you planned on coming that way.

This should be a good one. Can Franklin bounce back from a shutout versus Madison? Edgewood's overall team speed is better than Madison by a lot but the tenacity of the Madison O-line and D-line won that game. Can Edgewood match that performance and get the kinks worked out of the blocking assignments against that five man front? We shall see.

Good old school rivalry between two great football culture schools. Better buckle them up boys!

PS-TE and RB coaches,
When the RB has the ball he does not have a "man". The defender that your boys consistently run past to go block downfield becomes the "tackler" not the runners blocking assignment. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-18, 09:04 AM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
First off- Franklin folks, the tracks after the bridge at 122 will be closed starting tomorrow for a few days so find another route, road, or trail if you planned on coming that way.

This should be a good one. Can Franklin bounce back from a shutout versus Madison? Edgewood's overall team speed is better than Madison by a lot but the tenacity of the Madison O-line and D-line won that game. Can Edgewood match that performance and get the kinks worked out of the blocking assignments against that five man front? We shall see.

Good old school rivalry between two great football culture schools. Better buckle them up boys!

PS-TE and RB coaches,
When the RB has the ball he does not have a "man". The defender that your boys consistently run past to go block downfield becomes the "tackler" not the runners blocking assignment. Thanks
Uh Madisons O and d-line could be the best in the state in D5. Franklin QB had no time and Madison gained just enough running to keep the ball. Don't know if Edgewood lines can do the same thing.Game will be won by line play as most games are. Franklin on film seem to be not real fast and no real playmakers I guess we will see
Old 08-29-18, 09:44 AM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Fightin possums 42
Fightin Kennards 7
Old 08-29-18, 11:15 AM
All Ohio

speedthatkills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh Madisons O and d-line could be the best in the state in D5. Franklin QB had no time and Madison gained just enough running to keep the ball. Don't know if Edgewood lines can do the same thing.Game will be won by line play as most games are. Franklin on film seem to be not real fast and no real playmakers I guess we will see
Agree with this completely. I do think Edgewood will move the ball well, similar to Madison. I would expect Franklin to tackle better than Monroe but Edgewood wins by double digits. Franklin gets a score or two unless E gets the secondary cleaned up.
Old 08-29-18, 11:16 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Franklin-Edgewood

Week 1 shutout hasn't dampened Franklin's spirit ... trip to Edgewood next

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...FawQWemUnpSeN/
Old 08-30-18, 09:20 AM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
Hoser, what's your gut on the outcome of this matchup?
Old 08-30-18, 02:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex_dc_atc View Post
Hoser, what's your gut on the outcome of this matchup?
Uh hard to get a read on Franklin.The QB last year was throwing darts and played with a lot of swagger.That seems to be missing this season, kid is a great athlete.I think change of the offense has affected him, might just be a time thing. It seems to me on film Franklin has nobody with gamebreaking speed.Matt Centers is a killer linebacker one of the best in SW Ohio, but he is playing RB also and cramped up against Madison, and when he was out Madison hit a 33 yard TD run. Edgewood is also hard to figure.Wade Phillips is a legit 4.5 guy and sees the field really good. O-line has been way inconsistent, a lot of missed assignments.Monroe is in for a long year with a lot of kids going both ways.Both of Madison lines dominated against Franklin so its hard to tell how good Franklin is.
Old 08-30-18, 03:07 PM
All Ohio

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
Edgewood - 27
Franklin - 13
Old 08-30-18, 03:30 PM
All American

Edgewood-Franklin

Childers family is a bit conflicted during Edgewood-Franklin week

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...rQmGhPftdfIIK/
Old 08-31-18, 07:29 AM
Freshman

Who is on a distinguished road
Edgewood - 34

Franklin - 7
Old 08-31-18, 10:37 AM
All Ohio

speedthatkills is on a distinguished road
I think one big difference Friday will be the fact that Franklin will likely get more than 2 possessions in the first half. It is hard for an offense to get rolling against a good team if they never have the ball. That is what Madison was able to work to perfection and Franklin was very frustrated in the first half. I believe Edgewood can do the same, better question is will they? Having a plan and executing are two different things.

While Madison has 2 special kids on their Oline (imo) and a pretty solid overall group I believe the Edgewood line has better across the board talent based on first step, head position, hand placement, etc. Just have to execute.
Old 08-31-18, 11:51 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedthatkills View Post
I think one big difference Friday will be the fact that Franklin will likely get more than 2 possessions in the first half. It is hard for an offense to get rolling against a good team if they never have the ball. That is what Madison was able to work to perfection and Franklin was very frustrated in the first half. I believe Edgewood can do the same, better question is will they? Having a plan and executing are two different things.

While Madison has 2 special kids on their Oline (imo) and a pretty solid overall group I believe the Edgewood line has better across the board talent based on first step, head position, hand placement, etc. Just have to execute.
We shall see. If you watch the film the problem with Edgewood's blocking is inconsistency. While Madison's seemed pretty good overall. Edgewood has guys that will make a perfect play on one down and then blow an assignment on the next. TEs and RBs need to block their assignment and the guards and tackles need to block to the whistle. Can't be any of that fourth grade hit and release crap, put the dudes on the ground and get another......
Old 08-31-18, 12:48 PM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Think this game will be closer than people think, Madison is very, very good, Franklin makes the same improvement between the last scrimmage and week 1, they can go over to T-Town and get a win.
Old 08-31-18, 03:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Think this game will be closer than people think, Madison is very, very good, Franklin makes the same improvement between the last scrimmage and week 1, they can go over to T-Town and get a win.
Uh, if we cant block #32 Matt Centers who makes 75% of the tackles for Franklin, it will be a long night for Edgewood.
Old 08-31-18, 03:31 PM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
I do expect this to be a closer game but I'll give the nod to Edgewood. I'll say:

Edgewood 28
Franklin 21
Old 08-31-18, 10:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex_dc_atc View Post
I do expect this to be a closer game but I'll give the nod to Edgewood. I'll say:

Edgewood 28
Franklin 21
Uh after 3 Edgewood 21 Franklin 9. Edgewood 9 total penalties, 5, l5 yard penalties have kept Franklin in the game. Wade Phillips 190 yards rushing after 3 periods. Finish 2 mor 7pm,one quarter to go.Franklin kicking game has kept this game close. Edgewood has not returned one kickoff they start every series on the 20. Matt Centers is a bad azz football player.UH you cant have 5, l5 yard penalties in 3 quarters. Discipline lacking.
Old 08-31-18, 10:50 PM
All American

Franklin been in the red zone 4 times and have 9 points, idk why they go to jet sweep as soon as we get in the red zone hasn't worked in two weeks, dropped TD on 4th down late in the first half was killer then gave up the late TD to Edgewood with 7 seconds, this Franklin team can be alright if they learn to take advantage of opportunities. Edgewood has done their best to keep Franklin in the game. Believe when game resumes it is third and 8 or so Edgewood ball around midfield. Think it will be to little too late, but this Franklin team is not a bad team.

Believe Madison is that good as well two games they've outscored opponents 68-0.
Old 08-31-18, 10:56 PM
All World

cheaptilt is on a distinguished road
its first and 10 for the cougars. they were driving this rain delay couldn't have come at a worse time. Franklin was starting to look tired and Edgewood was starting to gain yards in chunks. Fumbles and 15 yard penalties on 3rd and 4th down have caused this game to be close. With that said Franklin had two HUGE drops on 3rd down that could have changed this game.
Old 08-31-18, 10:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Franklin been in the red zone 4 times and have 9 points, idk why they go to jet sweep as soon as we get in the red zone hasn't worked in two weeks, dropped TD on 4th down late in the first half was killer then gave up the late TD to Edgewood with 7 seconds, this Franklin team can be alright if they learn to take advantage of opportunities. Edgewood has done their best to keep Franklin in the game. Believe when game resumes it is third and 8 or so Edgewood ball around midfield. Think it will be to little too late, but this Franklin team is not a bad team.

Believe Madison is that good as well two games they've outscored opponents 68-0.
Uh, weird game. Edgewood scores on the first play of the game 80 yard TD run by Wade Phillips. Then after a 3 and out by Franklin, Edgewood fumbles and loses the momentum. Franklin returns the momentum, a dropped TD pass. Uh Edgewood keeps Franklin in the game with 9 total penalties in the first 3 quarters, 5 of those l5 yard variety. Uh Matt Centers is a bad azz football player.Uh Reading who played Madison tonite, is beyond bad. If Madison can beat Valley View next week they are looking at l0-0
Old 08-31-18, 11:05 PM
All World

Quote:
Uh, weird game. Edgewood scores on the first play of the game 80 yard TD run by Wade Phillips. Then after a 3 and out by Franklin, Edgewood fumbles and loses the momentum. Franklin returns the momentum, a dropped TD pass. Uh Edgewood keeps Franklin in the game with 9 total penalties in the first 3 quarters, 5 of those l5 yard variety. Uh Matt Centers is a bad azz football player.Uh Reading who played Madison tonite, is beyond bad. If Madison can beat Valley View next week they are looking at l0-0
could not agree more. the penalties we had tonight were ALL in terrible drive sustaining spots. The fumbles were when things were going best for us. good thing Franklin had a case of the dropsies and over threw a wide open guy. Will be interesting to see the adjustments before tomorrow night.
Old 08-31-18, 11:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaptilt View Post
its first and 10 for the cougars. they were driving this rain delay couldn't have come at a worse time. Franklin was starting to look tired and Edgewood was starting to gain yards in chunks. Fumbles and 15 yard penalties on 3rd and 4th down have caused this game to be close. With that said Franklin had two HUGE drops on 3rd down that could have changed this game.
Uh I agree delay really helped Franklin.It appeared they were worn down . Best player Matt Centers had to be totally gassed. Definitely the way stupid penalties by Edgewood kept Franklin in the game and may well end up causing Edgewood to lose the game. Edgewood fumble after leading 7-0 really helped Franklin. Cant remember an Edgewood team with 5 l5 yard penalties in one game.
Old 08-31-18, 11:06 PM
All American

They will beat Valley View, bet ya soda.
Old 08-31-18, 11:12 PM
All World

Quote:
Uh I agree delay really helped Franklin.It appeared they were worn down . Best player Matt Centers had to be totally gassed. Definitely the way stupid penalties by Edgewood kept Franklin in the game and may well end up causing Edgewood to lose the game. Edgewood fumble after leading 7-0 really helped Franklin. Cant remember an Edgewood team with 5 l5 yard penalties in one game.
I can take a 15 yard aggressive penalty. its the late hits out of bounds and things like that that get me. We are AGGRESSIVE and not afraid to hit on defense. we just need to learn to be a little more under control. Also the officials were a little exuberant with their flags.
Old 08-31-18, 11:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaptilt View Post
I can take a 15 yard aggressive penalty. its the late hits out of bounds and things like that that get me. We are AGGRESSIVE and not afraid to hit on defense. we just need to learn to be a little more under control. Also the officials were a little exuberant with their flags.
Uh nah what I saw was stupid retaliation penalties. The second guy always get caught. You have control your temper and play the next play. The helmet to helmet call was really shaky, but it gave Franklin a first down leading to a FG. Uh if we cant block Centers tomorrow we could lose this game. Fumbles and stupid penalties will get you beat.
Old 09-01-18, 12:17 AM
All American

Edgewood-Franklin

One quarter remains as Edgewood leads Franklin in suspended game

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...C3YExm6VvQTNJ/
Old 09-01-18, 12:37 AM
Varsity

NewBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Uh nah what I saw was stupid retaliation penalties. The second guy always get caught. You have control your temper and play the next play. The helmet to helmet call was really shaky, but it gave Franklin a first down leading to a FG. Uh if we cant block Centers tomorrow we could lose this game. Fumbles and stupid penalties will get you beat.
In the game I saw Franklin didn't do much right ...both lines were more than suspect...Centers is a warrior but not real fast or shifty ...he does have great instincts,,but suffers because he plays both ways ...Franklin's 3 FGs were largely due to fantastic field position Edgewood gave due to a fumble ...poor punt and a drive that was a result of dumb penalties by Edgewood...
The wrs dropped a couple but those passes and most others were just off target and poor location...Woods is not effective ...not moving the team and doesn't make the best decisions...I don't know what the problem but its there ...Pressure because he is a coaches son and more than a few felt the Sr QB played better in the 4 preseason event ???? Who knows ...but they better get with it or they will be 0 and 3 after Xenia next week ...
Edgewood is the better team and should close out the 4th QT and get the win...Franklin can't score ...no TDs yet this year...
Old 09-01-18, 06:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
In the game I saw Franklin didn't do much right ...both lines were more than suspect...Centers is a warrior but not real fast or shifty ...he does have great instincts,,but suffers because he plays both ways ...Franklin's 3 FGs were largely due to fantastic field position Edgewood gave due to a fumble ...poor punt and a drive that was a result of dumb penalties by Edgewood...
The wrs dropped a couple but those passes and most others were just off target and poor location...Woods is not effective ...not moving the team and doesn't make the best decisions...I don't know what the problem but its there ...Pressure because he is a coaches son and more than a few felt the Sr QB played better in the 4 preseason event ???? Who knows ...but they better get with it or they will be 0 and 3 after Xenia next week ...
Edgewood is the better team and should close out the 4th QT and get the win...Franklin can't score ...no TDs yet this year...
Uh Edgewood 9 penalties in 3 quarters, 5 of those 15 yarders. Stupid and undisciplined, very lucky to be ahead in this game.If this happens next week will get smoked.
Old 09-01-18, 08:46 AM
All Region

Centers is a stud but was wearing down. He got de-cleated by an Edgewood guard on a sweep in the last drive. Guard helped him up and he patted the guard on the head. Need to see more of this class and sportsmanship and less of the dumb BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-18, 11:32 AM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
How many games do we get shutout of the end zone before we let Bowermaster play a series? Not even saying Woods is playing bad. But what is it going to hurt. This offense needs woke up!
Old 09-01-18, 06:15 PM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
Touchdown Edgewood. 4:33 to go. 28-9 Edgewood