Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-26-18, 01:53 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
That was a very nice play. Big guy with overshoulder catch and rumbles on in.
Old 08-26-18, 01:53 PM
All Ohio

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
Is PC this good or is Illinois high school football this poor?
Old 08-26-18, 02:00 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA70PP View Post
They are the defending D1 Champs and beat Mentor 56-28 in last years
title game.
Yeah they'er kinda good
Old 08-26-18, 02:05 PM
All Region

Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The next two weeks will tell, we play Chicago Simeon next week. Pick Central will come to Dayton week 3, and Phillips will play Simeon week 3 also.

Scary thought that Pick Central can play better than this. With a practice game next week(West Toronto Prep (via Silverthorn CI) (ON) (0-1)-) I expect for the Tigers to be firing on all cylinders come 9/7/18.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY(17' DIII CHAMPS)
Old 08-26-18, 02:35 PM
All District

Saltlife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
Wendell Phillips is a really good team. However, not sure how conditioned they are. Itís extremely hot and their defense looked spent in the first quarter. Their QB has been getting hit hard and often. Will be surprised if he finishes the game. PC gets the ball first in the second half. If we score a TD, this game is over.
I know it is exciting when your team wins but you cant honesty sayWP is a good team. They would be lucky to win 2 games in your conference. cant kick pat, fundamentaly unsound, penalties, mental errors, worst d scheme i ever saw, the list goes on. Plus they are essentially a d3 school. was hoping for a better game to see what pc really has.

however, pc will be good this year. Line has work to do not sure you want big d tackles spending that much time running onto field for offense. was suprised how much defense gave up in first half. overall good win move onto next.
Old 08-26-18, 02:49 PM
All American

OneTiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1227 View Post
No.
Still sore from that '06 whippin from PC?
Old 08-26-18, 02:50 PM
All District

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltlife View Post
I know it is exciting when your team wins but you cant honesty sayWP is a good team. They would be lucky to win 2 games in your conference. cant kick pat, fundamentaly unsound, penalties, mental errors, worst d scheme i ever saw, the list goes on. Plus they are essentially a d3 school. was hoping for a better game to see what pc really has.

however, pc will be good this year. Line has work to do not sure you want big d tackles spending that much time running onto field for offense. was suprised how much defense gave up in first half. overall good win move onto next.
PC is going to be better than I thought. I went to PN game Friday night so I have watched both teams play a full game. It was the first time I have sat on the PN side. PN looked good on Defense but they were cramping up a lot. I noticed a player yelling at the coach which was surpring to see.
Old 08-26-18, 02:58 PM
All American

Quote:

Well SL if WP could only win 2 games in our conference one win would be against PN. That team was tough until PC started imposing their will. Two state titles in 3 years and multiple D1 players including an Alabama commit#9 is a good team. Of course those who've had their team smacked down by PC will make every excuse in the book to give PC no credit. Who didn't see that coming? I'm sure it won't stop at this post.
Old 08-26-18, 03:04 PM
Freshman

CHUCKYDUCK is on a distinguished road
Not impressed. Basically a D3-D4 team in Ohio. Poorly coached. Announcers said they do not even have their own practice facility or game field. They walk almost a mile each day to a park to practice each day. Then play at the same park on game days after they bring in some bleachers. A lot of hype about playing a bad team.
Old 08-26-18, 03:06 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
PC is going to be better than I thought. I went to PN game Friday night so I have watched both teams play a full game. It was the first time I have sat on the PN side. PN looked good on Defense but they were cramping up a lot. I noticed a player yelling at the coach which was surpring to see.
The empty "reserved" seating section at PN was comical. I watched the game with two PN alumni parents and they weren't amused. PN's defense looked decent but we seriously won't know until the PC game.
Old 08-26-18, 03:16 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
PC looked good and it was really nice to watch a HS football game from the air conditioned comfort of my family room.

Anyone else turn the volume off due to the D-bag near the press box repeatedly trying to get the crowd to chant "over - rated!" throughout the entire game? It was really distracting and irritating after a while.
Old 08-26-18, 03:33 PM
All American

[QUOTE=Lambeau Fields;7094088]PC looked good and it was really nice to watch a HS football game from the air conditioned comfort of my family room.

Anyone else turn the volume off due to the D-bag near the press box repeatedly trying to get the crowd to chant "over - rated!" throughout the entire game? It was really distracting and irritating after a while. OneTiger: There's one at every game. This was ESPN but I also enjoy seeing games on spectrumsports but from time to time there is some knucklehead yelling right by the announces area. I think PC answered the "over rated claim. Going to be a long ride home for that dude.

Last edited by OneTiger; 08-26-18 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-26-18, 03:50 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCKYDUCK View Post
Not impressed. Basically a D3-D4 team in Ohio. Poorly coached. Announcers said they do not even have their own practice facility or game field. They walk almost a mile each day to a park to practice each day. Then play at the same park on game days after they bring in some bleachers. A lot of hype about playing a bad team.
Can't believe ESPN scheduled a two time state 5A champion against PC. What were they thinking? Maryland, Michigan, South Carolina, California, Illinois and Indiana have all sent top teams to topple PC but couldn't get it done. Maybe another state can try next year.
Old 08-26-18, 03:56 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
Still sore from that '06 whippin from PC?
you won 7 3 lol if started best qb and vollmer nordonia wins easy.
Old 08-26-18, 04:12 PM
All District

knight123 is on a distinguished road
Fellas 2006? Really? Move on. It was a great game from what I remember. Good Luck this year Central.
Old 08-26-18, 04:27 PM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Pick central great win , and good luck this year.
Old 08-26-18, 04:36 PM
Freshman

Not impressed. Per your logic as long as a team is from another state they are good. That team today was NOT good. Congrats on your victory over an Eastmoor/Mifflin equivalent team.
Old 08-26-18, 04:48 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
Well SL if WP could only win 2 games in our conference one win would be against PN. That team was tough until PC started imposing their will. Two state titles in 3 years and multiple D1 players including an Alabama commit#9 is a good team. Of course those who've had their team smacked down by PC will make every excuse in the book to give PC no credit. Who didn't see that coming? I'm sure it won't stop at this post.
team wasnt tough at all. just took till second half for sharrett to make adjustments to realize they had man to man coverage with 0 safeties and all the players in the box. as the announcers said thats their scheme they always run. they would get shredded in every game besides gc and lancaster would be a draw.

come on a 320 lb dlineman caught a 30 yard td with no one withing 30 yards lol

good luck to tigers this year. o line let qb get hit more today than all last year. some work to do but they will be good but not close to last years team
Old 08-26-18, 05:13 PM
All American

Quote:
Not impressed. Per your logic as long as a team is from another state they are good. That team today was NOT good. Congrats on your victory over an Eastmoor/Mifflin equivalent team.
PN's first four games are Eastmoor/Mifflin equivalent teams for which they will get minimal L2 points from come play-off time. Even with Gahanna's QB.
Old 08-26-18, 05:47 PM
Freshman

Not impressed. And I could care less about PN or their schedule. Funny how you always attack their program when you do not like what someone says. And did I hear the announcer say today your D tackle transferred from Gahanna this year? So your comments are laughable.
Old 08-26-18, 06:08 PM
Varsity

thedudeabides is on a distinguished road
Quote:
team wasnt tough at all. just took till second half for sharrett to make adjustments to realize they had man to man coverage with 0 safeties and all the players in the box. as the announcers said thats their scheme they always run. they would get shredded in every game besides gc and lancaster would be a draw.

come on a 320 lb dlineman caught a 30 yard td with no one withing 30 yards lol

good luck to tigers this year. o line let qb get hit more today than all last year. some work to do but they will be good but not close to last years team
Salty I canít decide whether you are a bigger panther fan or a PC hater. We are pickerington baby!
Old 08-26-18, 06:10 PM
Varsity

thedudeabides is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not impressed. And I could care less about PN or their schedule. Funny how you always attack their program when you do not like what someone says. And did I hear the announcer say today your D tackle transferred from Gahanna this year? So your comments are laughable.
The funny part was how everyone said the Tigers wound have their hands full with 9 D1 offers and now that they won convincingly that the other team had to be terrible. See you at a game.
Old 08-26-18, 06:33 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I will say this quietly so the Mrs. will not hear: Keep in mind PC beat Mentor (no slouch) 56-28 in last year's title game. I will suggest PC is that good. Time will tell!
Old 08-26-18, 07:08 PM
All District

lhubble is on a distinguished road
To say Wendell is equivalent to Mifflin & Eastmoor is very unrealistic they would beat every City school handily. Idk who you guys think the OCC is to say they would only win 2 games. Wendell is a good team they just ran into a very good Pickerington Central team. Btw you Pick North beat a Olentangy team with a back up . Be humble
Old 08-26-18, 07:45 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhubble View Post
To say Wendell is equivalent to Mifflin & Eastmoor is very unrealistic they would beat every City school handily. Idk who you guys think the OCC is to say they would only win 2 games. Wendell is a good team they just ran into a very good Pickerington Central team. Btw you Pick North beat a Olentangy team with a back up . Be humble
Good points. Twice PC trailed in this game and twice they stormed back and took the lead then poured it on. This win was similar to the state title game last year where they stayed calm and relied on their talents and coaching decisions. Wendalls "O" line was huge with a "quick-strike" type offense. Their "D" wasn't bad but just plain ran out of gas. I wish them success for the rest of the season. "Humble" and Pick.North" goes together like oil and water. Nice thought though.
Old 08-26-18, 08:03 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhubble View Post

nothing to do with being humble or talking trash. I'll give a small friendly jab to the pc guys from time t time but fact is the top occ teams in central Ohio would crush Wendell if they were in central ohio. If you read my posts I always try to look at scheme, game plans, etc. My honest evaluation was wendell had a terrible defensive scheme that the good teams and coaches would hammer in central ohio. everyone in the box and cover 0 (that means no safety 1tiger lol) fundamentally unsound, did you see how they caught punts and kickoffs, no ability to kick a pat. ridiculous penalties etc.

by no means diminishing PC at all. I expected a lot more from the hype I heard prior to the game.
Old 08-26-18, 08:07 PM
Freshman

Heelinohio is on a distinguished road
Good, entertaining game today. Phillips will likely have more D-1 recruits than any other team PC will face this season. Their decision to play so many in the box effectively stopped the Tigers' run game, but at a huge cost... PC's offensive line needs a lot of work. It will be interesting to see how the 6-5 325 lb. monster tackle (#77) progresses.
Old 08-26-18, 08:30 PM
Freshman

Gr8br10 is on a distinguished road
I was a little disappointed to find out Phillips was the 5a state champs and Illinois goes up to 8a. But overall, I thought PC looked very good!
I was at the Gahanna/Reynoldsburg game last year and now Gahanna's starting QB goes back to Pick North and their best defensive lineman/ TE linemen going to TCU goes to Pick C.
Is Pickerington an open enrollment or did these players move into the district?
Old 08-27-18, 04:07 AM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Did Lowery ever really move? LOL , sorry top be so cynical but the musical chairs over there is what it is. It seems to me that you can move within the Pickerington schools quite easily Do you have to show proof that you haver a much better chance to start at your preferred position at the other school?

In Ohio this is tame compared to some other top football states. It's part of the landscape. Kids transferring from mediocre to poor programs to established solid ones I can see especially in the first two years of HS I think the problem most have is the Stud Seniors with offers already simply switching to the powerful program and then saying well 'MY FAMILY MOVED ". right before my Senior year out of the blue Damn I have to leave my friends lol l it is comical that people actually offer up this stuff as if it's just a coincidence .

That being said Pick C is the most powerful program by far at this point in CO and many top athletes would be interested . Pick looked good, , that Chicago team wanted to move up a couple classifications as they rolled to titles two out of three years.

Some tremendous athletes but City league discipline. Guys wide open missed assignments , sloppy execution at times. Pick C could have gotten behind by 3 scores early and still won I believe due to superior depth conditioning and strength. Pick C obviously was the superior team in terms of strength and simply had more guys they could shuffle in who were fresher and were stronger physically . Pretty sure that team doesn't attack the weights like a PC does or other top CO teams do and it showed . PC outhit them big time .
Old 08-27-18, 06:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Did Lowery ever really move? LOL , sorry top be so cynical but the musical chairs over there is what it is. It seems to me that you can move within the Pickerington schools quite easily Do you have to show proof that you haver a much better chance to start at your preferred position at the other school?

In Ohio this is tame compared to some other top football states. It's part of the landscape. Kids transferring from mediocre to poor programs to established solid ones I can see especially in the first two years of HS I think the problem most have is the Stud Seniors with offers already simply switching to the powerful program and then saying well 'MY FAMILY MOVED ". right before my Senior year out of the blue Damn I have to leave my friends lol l it is comical that people actually offer up this stuff as if it's just a coincidence .

That being said Pick C is the most powerful program by far at this point in CO and many top athletes would be interested . Pick looked good, , that Chicago team wanted to move up a couple classifications as they rolled to titles two out of three years.

Some tremendous athletes but City league discipline. Guys wide open missed assignments , sloppy execution at times. Pick C could have gotten behind by 3 scores early and still won I believe due to superior depth conditioning and strength. Pick C obviously was the superior team in terms of strength and simply had more guys they could shuffle in who were fresher and were stronger physically . Pretty sure that team doesn't attack the weights like a PC does or other top CO teams do and it showed . PC outhit them big time .
HC, Pickerington rules are as follows: One must physically change residence from one boundary to the other around Christmas of the previous year in order to be eligible for the following year. A sudden move results in sitting one year out as I have seen several times. Lowery moved to Gahanna sophomore year. He then moved back to PN boundary area for his senior year.