Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 08-05-18, 07:21 AM
LeopardNation LeopardNation is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-30-11
Posts: 3,695
LeopardNation is on a distinguished road
Meet the 2018 Leopards:

Louisville Leopards Football 2018 Meet the Team Video

Louisville Leopards Football 2018 Intersquad Scrimmage Video Highlights
  #62  
Old 08-05-18, 07:41 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,861
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
Donít be so offended by what people post on here.
He's not offended. He's just trolling.

and 23Tigers is right - the anticipation of a new season is an exciting and optimistic time. With any team, it takes until about Week 4 or 5 to see who they really are and what they could be.
  #63  
Old 08-05-18, 07:44 AM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,861
my2sense is on a distinguished road
It's no secret to many why Wakefield cancelled the series.
  #64  
Old 08-05-18, 07:49 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 13,111
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
I wish Massillon and Perry could consistently meet in the regular season.

Ok then... i guess Iím not as interested in ďjust-MassillonĒ stories. I like seeing how all the area teams fare in the regular season against each other, and then all the potential rematches that could come in the playoffs.

Seriously though... youíre pretty fired up. You go.
Rematches suck. We already know how the teams match up. The fun part of the playoffs is seeing new teams.
  #65  
Old 08-05-18, 07:50 AM
alpha01 alpha01 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 06-12-18
Posts: 1
alpha01 is on a distinguished road
Perry vs Massillon playoff would be great. Perryís Qb Frank Scuirry ,Perry Wr Darren Vanest Massillon QB Longwell were all together in 7th grade .kids were awesome back then winning a championship that year. Would be fun with the history
  #66  
Old 08-05-18, 07:55 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 13,111
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
How many have dedicated stalkers/trolls like yourself? In all honesty, on a statewide board as this is, Massillon is pretty much the only one that has this many. Yet everyone seems to say they are irrelevant and they are still the winningest tam in Ohio H.S. football history. Go figure.


Massillon has the most arrogant condescending fan base. The correlation is easy to figure out.
  #67  
Old 08-05-18, 07:57 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 13,111
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
I would get fired up about Austintown Fitch. Just not 10 times in a row. I wish Perry had a better ooc schedule. But I always love the craziness of the regular season. Jackson beats Perry, McKinley beats Jackson, Perry beats McKinley. How and why? Thatís interesting to me.
Matchups...
  #68  
Old 08-05-18, 08:19 AM
GO DEEP GO DEEP is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-12-01
Posts: 657
GO DEEP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
I agree. How many other high school football teams have full-time dedicated reporters?
I'd say it was you're time of the month again but if that was the case you would have died of anemia a long time ago.
  #69  
Old 08-05-18, 09:21 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 10,793
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Massillon has the most arrogant condescending fan base. The correlation is easy to figure out.
Coupled with the most jealous whiny fans with an inferiority complex we make a helluva pair don't we? Like peas and carrots, we complete each other.

In all seriousness I do hope Hoover football returns to relevance soon. Been a while.
  #70  
Old 08-05-18, 09:29 AM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,106
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
It's no secret to many why Wakefield cancelled the series.
Tell us why...
  #71  
Old 08-05-18, 09:33 AM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,106
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Coupled with the most jealous whiny fans with an inferiority complex we make a helluva pair don't we? Like peas and carrots, we complete each other.

In all seriousness I do hope Hoover football returns to relevance soon. Been a while.
In the past 10 years they have had 7 losing seasons and a 51-55 record.
WHOover ?
  #72  
Old 08-05-18, 09:39 AM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 10,793
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Tell us why...
"No win situation." Quote unquote.

Seriously we all know how Wakey is. Hell he was griping about playing Walsh last year. The series will return when he retires.
  #73  
Old 08-05-18, 09:55 AM
BigBulldog's Avatar
BigBulldog BigBulldog is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-26-02
Posts: 8,298
BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
McKinley scrimmage's St Ed's Tuesday 8-7-2018.

Last edited by BigBulldog; 08-07-18 at 12:39 PM.
  #74  
Old 08-05-18, 09:58 AM
GO DEEP GO DEEP is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-12-01
Posts: 657
GO DEEP
too many 7's goin on there
  #75  
Old 08-05-18, 10:06 AM
perry1480 perry1480 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-16-01
Location: PTO via CFO
Posts: 5,839
perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Matchups...
Well, clearly. But itís not cut and dry. Sometimes a team seemingly has no business beating a another team but it still happens.
  #76  
Old 08-05-18, 10:20 AM
BIG ED BIG ED is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-26-01
Location: Perry Twp.(Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 4,580
BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Big Edó- Is the Perry/Boardman scrimmage home/away?
Unfortunately, away. No disrespect to the fine folks at Boardman, just that I donít like the drive, especially that time of the evening. Iím sure they feel the same.
  #77  
Old 08-05-18, 11:46 AM
TheBranch79 TheBranch79 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-16-11
Posts: 160
TheBranch79 is on a distinguished road
Now that two-a-days have started and all the true football kids are out, not just the maybes, how are the numbers looking around the county? Sad to see the numbers dropping throughout the nation.
  #78  
Old 08-05-18, 01:03 PM
Maxie Maxie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-25-03
Location: 24 & 9 Titles 71-53-5
Posts: 6,588
Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Unfortunately, away. No disrespect to the fine folks at Boardman, just that I donít like the drive, especially that time of the evening. Iím sure they feel the same.

Thanks for the info. You are right. ️
  #79  
Old 08-05-18, 01:04 PM
Maxie Maxie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-25-03
Location: 24 & 9 Titles 71-53-5
Posts: 6,588
Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
In the past 10 years they have had 7 losing seasons and a 51-55 record.
WHOover ?

  #80  
Old 08-05-18, 01:05 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,367
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Tell us why...
Here's what Todd Porter reported -

Thursday night's game between Perry and Massillon will be the last one for awhile. Never say never, but it is unlikely that rivalry will be renewed - and it is coming from Perry head coach Keith Wakefield. "Its over," Wakefield said. "We're done".
Wakefield did not want to get into specifics, but hinted at a difference in the way the programs are run.
"(Nate Moore) asked me about it, and he wanted to know. I just told him there was too much going on. It was also a no-win deal for Perry. I don't know who did the original deal, but I couldn't believe it. It was interesting."
  #81  
Old 08-05-18, 04:26 PM
THESHADOW14 THESHADOW14 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-31-09
Posts: 3,843
THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Here's what Todd Porter reported -

Thursday night's game between Perry and Massillon will be the last one for awhile. Never say never, but it is unlikely that rivalry will be renewed - and it is coming from Perry head coach Keith Wakefield. "Its over," Wakefield said. "We're done".
Wakefield did not want to get into specifics, but hinted at a difference in the way the programs are run.
"(Nate Moore) asked me about it, and he wanted to know. I just told him there was too much going on. It was also a no-win deal for Perry. I don't know who did the original deal, but I couldn't believe it. It was interesting."
My opinion.... I think Wakefield should reconsider... I mean Massillon/Perry would be a great rivalry for Stark County... just beef up security.... I mean is Mass/Perry rivalry more volatile than McK /Mass game?

Idea: play Perry home game vs Mass at Benson Stadium.... I think I remember going to a regular season game there years ago and it was Packed at old Fawcett!
  #82  
Old 08-05-18, 04:49 PM
starkfb starkfb is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-11-05
Posts: 911
starkfb
He shouldn't reconsider. Every time we schedule that team, we lose players. We don't need them and they do not need us. We both have fine programs .
  #83  
Old 08-05-18, 04:50 PM
starkfb starkfb is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-11-05
Posts: 911
starkfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha01 View Post
Perry vs Massillon playoff would be great. Perryís Qb Frank Scuirry ,Perry Wr Darren Vanest Massillon QB Longwell were all together in 7th grade .kids were awesome back then winning a championship that year. Would be fun with the history
that is true, in PERRY schools.
  #84  
Old 08-05-18, 05:33 PM
TigerPaw TigerPaw is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 03-19-02
Posts: 10,793
TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
He shouldn't reconsider. Every time we schedule that team, we lose players. We don't need them and they do not need us. We both have fine programs .
Huh? Lose yes. Lose players please. Example?
  #85  
Old 08-05-18, 08:21 PM
my2sense my2sense is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-23-16
Posts: 1,861
my2sense is on a distinguished road
Wake's old school. Sometimes its not about the W's or L's or even the $$. Sometimes you just get tired of all the bull and people trying to screw you. Wake is right - it was a bad deal for Perry and "there's a lot going on over there".
  #86  
Old 08-05-18, 09:38 PM
Maxie Maxie is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-25-03
Location: 24 & 9 Titles 71-53-5
Posts: 6,588
Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Wake's old school. Sometimes its not about the W's or L's or even the $$. Sometimes you just get tired of all the bull and people trying to screw you. Wake is right - it was a bad deal for Perry and "there's a lot going on over there".

Or maybe his only two victories against the Tigers occurred in the 20th century?
  #87  
Old 08-05-18, 09:49 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,106
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
He shouldn't reconsider. Every time we schedule that team, we lose players. We don't need them and they do not need us. We both have fine programs .
If you have such a great program why would kids leave, besides the normal parents moving etc. ??
  #88  
Old 08-05-18, 09:55 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,106
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Wake's old school. Sometimes its not about the W's or L's or even the $$. Sometimes you just get tired of all the bull and people trying to screw you. Wake is right - it was a bad deal for Perry and "there's a lot going on over there".
So what is it about ? You play football to WIN the game. As a HS coach your job is to mold young boys into men and also to put them in the beat positions so they could possibly continue to play in college and maybe get it paid for.

Still waiting on ďwhat is going on over thereĒ put up or S T F U.
  #89  
Old 08-05-18, 10:03 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,106
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
"(Nate Moore) asked me about it, and he wanted to know. I just told him there was too much going on. It was also a no-win deal for Perry. I don't know who did the original deal, but I couldn't believe it. It was interesting."
[/I]
A no win deal for Perry ? Why because they didnít win a game ?? The contract was 4 games.
2012 at Perry
2013 at Massillon
2014 at Perry
2015 at Massillon

Was he mad he didnít get all 4 games at Perry ? Honestly the biggest tool as a coach that Iíve seen in my 50 years of watching football at any level.
  #90  
Old 08-05-18, 10:09 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
Moderated User
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,106
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
My opinion.... I think Wakefield should reconsider... I mean Massillon/Perry would be a great rivalry for Stark County... just beef up security.... I mean is Mass/Perry rivalry more volatile than McK /Mass game?

Idea: play Perry home game vs Mass at Benson Stadium.... I think I remember going to a regular season game there years ago and it was Packed at old Fawcett!
That regular season game was in 2000.
No reason to play at Benson we have played 2 games at Perry since then and there wasnít any issues and neither game was sold out or even close. Perry only has decent fan support when they are in the playoffs.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stark county terriers 15u, 16u & 17/18u tryouts for fall 2018 & summer 2019! StarkCountyTerriers Baseball 0 07-23-18 01:48 PM
Prep Hoops Ohio (Rankings) Krasula24 Boys Basketball 3 02-01-18 08:54 AM
Stark County Banter 2017 THESHADOW14 Football 1651 01-31-18 01:04 PM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
Stark County Terriers 16U & 18U Tryouts for 2018! StarkCountyTerriers Baseball 0 07-18-17 10:06 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz