Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-03-18, 10:36 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Wakefield rubbing off on the whole of Perry nation? Cover the ears of the children, the language in the stands is going to be colorful this year.

I can't put anyone but Massillon at #1 this pre-season. But we've been at this point before. It would not shock me to see that change quickly. For Massillon and Perry I'd stop looking to week 13 and start looking to week 1. I don't get the impression that anyone in Stark County is best-in-state in anything.
Old 08-03-18, 11:09 AM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpup330 View Post
McKinley has a few tall wr I know one of them is 6í6 and another 6í4 and I think our te is 6í3
Can the 6'6" kid play round ball?
Old 08-03-18, 11:23 AM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
The honest fan would say "Yes" because the Week 10 game has decreased in meaning in the playoff era. A Yappi poll confirmed it earlier this summer.

Actually your WRONG as usual since the final tally in that poll was 46 out of the 71 votes still said it was meaningful.
Most important game in the US - 12
Most important on the schedule - 23
Meaningful to people over 40 - 11

I know itís hard for you but start fact checking before you post you are already irrelevant but now you just look ignorant as well.
Old 08-03-18, 11:28 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
Wakefield rubbing off on the whole of Perry nation? Cover the ears of the children, the language in the stands is going to be colorful this year.

I can't put anyone but Massillon at #1 this pre-season. But we've been at this point before. It would not shock me to see that change quickly. For Massillon and Perry I'd stop looking to week 13 and start looking to week 1. I don't get the impression that anyone in Stark County is best-in-state in anything.
They have the best running game in the state, they have an all world athletic QB that can throw and they have a transfer WR that can fly. Not to mention a stacked D that returns many starters. Also a schedule that should easily have them at 8-0 going into mck and GO. Sure sounds like a preseason #1 team in the county to me.
Old 08-03-18, 11:48 AM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
They have the best running game in the state, they have an all world athletic QB that can throw and they have a transfer WR that can fly. Not to mention a stacked D that returns many starters. Also a schedule that should easily have them at 8-0 going into mck and GO. Sure sounds like a preseason #1 team in the county to me.
Easy, brother. Just take it easy. LOL.
Old 08-03-18, 12:09 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I take it that Massillon fans are the only fans in the county who are allowed to be optimistic about their team's chances? If so, there's little sense in keeping this thread open unless everyone else in the county wants to preface their posts with a statement on how great Massillon is going to be this fall.

With any luck, the county's DI teams will get far enough to get boat raced by the traditional Cleveland area powers (Iggy, Ed's, and Mentor). Maybe Massillon or Perry will get boat raced by Hoban this year in the final instead of falling a game or two short of that honor.

Maybe the schools smaller than DII won't all be as bad as they were last year, so here's what I want to know:
Will Minerva end its 30-game losing streak?
Will Central overcome a challenging schedule similar to the one that stopped the Crusaders dead in their tracks in 2017 and take advantage of a traditionally weak playoff region and division?
Will St. Thomas Aquinas rebound from seeing 8 running clocks in 2017?
Will East Canton build on its first ever playoff win?
Was Louisville really stifling the rest of the NBC, or are those former NBC teams simply not good?
How will Louisville enjoy life as an independent?
Will any of the other peripheral teams (NW, Tuslaw, Fairless, Sandy) do anything in 2018?

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 08-03-18 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Poor grammar
Old 08-03-18, 12:16 PM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
The honest fan would say "Yes" because the Week 10 game has decreased in meaning in the playoff era. A Yappi poll confirmed it earlier this summer.
BINGO!..... yes we did!.... hahaaa
Old 08-03-18, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Why wouldn't Perry be pre-season #1? That's not an insult, lol. Most will have either them or Massillon and a few McKinleys. Somebody will be a Cinderella though.

Did not realize Minerva has gone 0-30. Or St. Thomas got run-clocked 8 times last year. Wow, my condolences. I always knew them as proud solid programs, hope they get it back someday.
Old 08-03-18, 01:37 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
I think Minerva ends the streak week 1 against United. Louisville will be ok as an independent for at least the next 2 years. Getting kicked out of the NBC just happened to coincide with what should be a couple of “up” years. If the Leopards are going to make the playoffs they probably have to win their first 4 games against Canfield, Hoover, Green, and Lake. If we lose any of those first 4 then getting to the playoffs will be almost impossible when we still have to play Perry, Mooney, and Massillon.
Old 08-03-18, 02:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
I take it that Massillon fans are the only fans in the county who are allowed to be optimistic about their team's chances? If so, there's little sense in keeping this thread open unless everyone else in the county wants to preface their posts with a statement on how great Massillon is going to be this fall.
Just stating facts on what Iíve heard/read about Perry this year. Why so defensive ?
Old 08-03-18, 02:25 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
BINGO!..... yes we did!.... hahaaa
No actually you didnít.
Old 08-03-18, 03:46 PM
All Region

23xTigers is on a distinguished road
As much as I love football season, I have learned to love and appreciate the anticipation and build to the first game. For myself football season goes way too fast, so over the course of the next 3 weeks I will embrace my angst for the season to start. We all have our different ideals and hopes for our individual team's seasons and there is nothing wrong with that. If you are like me and always looking ahead, over the next few weeks slow down and enjoy the build. Go Tigers!
Old 08-03-18, 04:02 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just stating facts on what I’ve heard/read about Perry this year. Why so defensive ?
No, you saw 1 flippin' poster opine that Perry might have the best running game in the state, and you sarcastically jumped on it.

Last edited by Mr. Slippery; 08-03-18 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-03-18, 06:43 PM
All Region

Nino Brown is on a distinguished road
Quote:

With any luck, the county's DI teams will get far enough to get boat raced by the traditional Cleveland area powers (Iggy, Ed's, and Mentor). Maybe Massillon or Perry will get boat raced by Hoban this year in the final instead of falling a game or two short of that honor.

Maybe the schools smaller than DII won't all be as bad as they were last year, so here's what I want to know:
Will Central overcome a challenging schedule similar to the one that stopped the Crusaders dead in their tracks in 2017 and take advantage of a traditionally weak playoff region and division?
Was Louisville really stifling the rest of the NBC, or are those former NBC teams simply not good?
Will any of the other peripheral teams (NW, Tuslaw, Fairless, Sandy) do anything in 2018?
I got to say, Slip is one of the best posters on here. He has always been right in what he posts. He brings up a valid opinion. That being said, he is still wrong thinking the 2000 Crusaders could beat the 2014 Crusaders. I mean, i am talking about line play, special teams, had the best LB that has played in Stark County, since Percy Snow, a punter (Boron) that had hang time to flip the field, a field goal kicker, an All American DE...okay I will stop..Stark Born, I know you are laughing.
Old 08-03-18, 08:39 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
[QUOTE=TigerPaw;7077482]Why wouldn't Perry be pre-season #1? That's not an insult, lol. Most will have either them or Massillon and a few McKinleys. Somebody will be a Cinderella though.

Considering that Perry was D2 runner up two years in a row and last year losing in D1 to a good Iggy team, I would assume they would be close to the top. But, that being said they have new linemen and a new qb.
Old 08-03-18, 10:48 PM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
I’ve been watching Perry for over 40 years and I’ll reserve any glorious out on the limb predictions until I see their scrimmages. To many questions in the trenches for me at the moment.
I’m cautiously optimistic right now. We’ll see how and if that changes after the 16th.
Old 08-03-18, 11:13 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Iíve been watching Perry for over 40 years and Iíll reserve any glorious out on the limb predictions until I see their scrimmages. To many questions in the trenches for me at the moment.
Iím cautiously optimistic right now. Weíll see how and if that changes after the 16th.

Big Edó- Is the Perry/Boardman scrimmage home/away?
Old 08-04-18, 03:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Also a schedule that should easily have them at 8-0 going into mck and GO.
7-1. Wakefield will again need to be censored in the Repository after his third consecutive loss to Jackson.

Big Ed and 1480 are talking sense. Let's see what they can do. They'll be a fined-tuned machine come week 10 no matter what and should be bruising the Columbus-area teams if they match up. The question is how high their ceiling is. Could be anything from one-and-done to winning the region.

Here's my sense of the pre-season top 5:

1. Massillon
2. Perry
3. McKinley
4. GlenOak or Jackson
5. Central (could jump to #4)

Maybe: Hoover (never should have ditched the 5-3), Alliance, Marlington
Old 08-04-18, 03:50 AM
All American

Quote:
Yes.
Probably yes.
No.
No.
They were not stifling them (witness the results of the past couple years) and while the other teams aren't awful, Louisville never held them back.
They won't.
Fairless or Sandy Valley might make the playoffs. The others? I doubt it. The 2010s have not been kind to Tuslaw and Northwest. Although I've got to hand it to Tuslaw/Fairless sticking around as a week 10 archrival game when others in and around Stark County have died off or will soon die off.
Old 08-04-18, 06:39 AM
All American

Quote:
No, you saw 1 flippin' poster opine that Perry might have the best running game in the state, and you sarcastically jumped on it.
If any Massillon fan said we might have the best ďanythingĒ in the state this year, the yappi fan girls would go into cardiac arrest.
So Iíll say it again if they have the best running game in the state they are absolutely the favorite in stark co this year.
Old 08-04-18, 07:21 AM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If any Massillon fan said we might have the best ďanythingĒ in the state this year, the yappi fan girls would go into cardiac arrest.
So Iíll say it again if they have the best running game in the state they are absolutely the favorite in stark co this year.
I used to be an instigator of those types of things. Then I found something out. #perspective.

We are talking... TALKING about who the best team is in stark county right now. Who cares about that? Itís just for the sake of discussion and for the trolls itís a way to dig.

Donít be so offended by what people post on here. Just be passionate and read about the teams in the area and support them all. At the end of the day I want successful football programs all over stark county because I want our areaís young men to see the success of what happens when you work hard for it. Read the local headlines in the Inde and you tell me if you really want to diss on Perry as a Massillon fan or Massillon as a Perry fan or frankly the rest of the county. I hope they meet in the playoffs. Not many atmospheres match the level of intensity for that kind of game.
Old 08-04-18, 07:30 AM
All Yappi

And by the way, Massillon ought to have a great season this year. It’s nice to be full of hope when a lot of the team from last year is back.

I do wish Massillon played more local teams. Once the season starts, as a fan of another program and league, it’s hard to keep up with them because of how much you don’t hear about them... the interest from local media dies out because they play out of town teams... and when all the local teams play each other you can kind of watch the dust settle as the season moves along.
Old 08-04-18, 08:57 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Agree with both posts perry1480. Well done.

As for more local teams you can only mean Perry, Jackson & Hoover, why beat that horse? St. V, GO, WGH, Fitch, Louisville & Mck all carry local interest. I think you'll do fine keeping up.

To be honest Perry could add a solid non-local with statewide interest. There are many great matchups beyond just local vicinity. Perry vs. Big Red, St. V, Stow or Hudson etc, would be awesome imo.
Old 08-04-18, 09:50 AM
Junior Varsity

Football Fanatik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
And by the way, Massillon ought to have a great season this year. Itís nice to be full of hope when a lot of the team from last year is back.

I do wish Massillon played more local teams. Once the season starts, as a fan of another program and league, itís hard to keep up with them because of how much you donít hear about them... the interest from local media dies out because they play out of town teams... and when all the local teams play each other you can kind of watch the dust settle as the season moves along.
I'm surprised CCC doesn't play Massillon every so often. I'd much rather see them play opposed to schools like Strongsville. The points for Massillon wouldn't be much but the game would be fun for the fans.
Old 08-04-18, 03:11 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
And by the way, Massillon ought to have a great season this year. Itís nice to be full of hope when a lot of the team from last year is back.

I do wish Massillon played more local teams. Once the season starts, as a fan of another program and league, itís hard to keep up with them because of how much you donít hear about them... the interest from local media dies out because they play out of town teams... and when all the local teams play each other you can kind of watch the dust settle as the season moves along.
Really ? Itís 2018 how in the hell do you have a problem hearing about any team in the state ?
The ďlocal mediaĒ has no problem talking about Massillon. The inde will have a story EVERYday and the Rep will copy and paste the same story. WHBC will have at least 1 interview a week with Coach Moore and WTIG has a high school football show daily at 1pm.
Massillon plays 7 teams this year within an hour of Massillon.
Iíd say more people wonder why Wakefield wonít grow a set and schedule the Tigers instead of starting out with 2 CANADA teams and a D5 school. WTF ?!?
Old 08-04-18, 03:49 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Really ? Itís 2018 how in the hell do you have a problem hearing about any team in the state ?
The ďlocal mediaĒ has no problem talking about Massillon. The inde will have a story EVERYday and the Rep will copy and paste the same story. WHBC will have at least 1 interview a week with Coach Moore and WTIG has a high school football show daily at 1pm.
I agree. How many other high school football teams have full-time dedicated reporters?
Old 08-04-18, 08:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Massillon plays 7 teams this year within an hour of Massillon.
Iíd say more people wonder why Wakefield wonít grow a set and schedule the Tigers instead of starting out with 2 CANADA teams and a D5 school. WTF ?!?
I wish Massillon and Perry could consistently meet in the regular season.

Ok then... i guess Iím not as interested in ďjust-MassillonĒ stories. I like seeing how all the area teams fare in the regular season against each other, and then all the potential rematches that could come in the playoffs.

Seriously though... youíre pretty fired up. You go.
Old 08-04-18, 10:00 PM
All American

I think the vast majority of people in 2018 are much more interested in seeing their kids play the neighbors and family members rather than caring how they stack up against WGH. That's why Central/Jackson had such a big ticket sale. The Youngstown experiment was tried back at the peak of interest in HS football and it failed, so Stark County is certainly not going to get fired up about Austintown Fitch now. Some people might care about St. V basketball but there's only one reason for that.

And the people who care about Wakefield scheduling Canadian teams outside of this website can be counted on one hand. And this is coming from someone who thinks it's a bad idea if he wants a championship in his lifetime.

I get what 1480 is saying. It's hard to keep interest in a rotating cast of characters each week unless you're from Massillon. The league and playoff positioning is lessened, and it has less impact on your own team, there's less of a benchmark to compare.
Old 08-05-18, 01:41 AM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
I agree. How many other high school football teams have full-time dedicated reporters?
How many have dedicated stalkers/trolls like yourself? In all honesty, on a statewide board as this is, Massillon is pretty much the only one that has this many. Yet everyone seems to say they are irrelevant and they are still the winningest team in Ohio H.S. football history. Go figure.

Last edited by Striker300; 08-05-18 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-05-18, 04:39 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
I think the vast majority of people in 2018 are much more interested in seeing their kids play the neighbors and family members rather than caring how they stack up against WGH. That's why Central/Jackson had such a big ticket sale. The Youngstown experiment was tried back at the peak of interest in HS football and it failed, so Stark County is certainly not going to get fired up about Austintown Fitch now. Some people might care about St. V basketball but there's only one reason for that.

And the people who care about Wakefield scheduling Canadian teams outside of this website can be counted on one hand. And this is coming from someone who thinks it's a bad idea if he wants a championship in his lifetime.

I get what 1480 is saying. It's hard to keep interest in a rotating cast of characters each week unless you're from Massillon. The league and playoff positioning is lessened, and it has less impact on your own team, there's less of a benchmark to compare.
I would get fired up about Austintown Fitch. Just not 10 times in a row. I wish Perry had a better ooc schedule. But I always love the craziness of the regular season. Jackson beats Perry, McKinley beats Jackson, Perry beats McKinley. How and why? Thatís interesting to me.