Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-24-18, 04:15 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck to all the Olentangy's tonight . Hey who do you have winning the OCC-RAGU? LOL.
Old 08-27-18, 04:10 PM
All World

Week one is in the books and there was interesting results and things that were learned certainly but there is usually pretty big improvement from week one to week two especially with more less veteran teams .

Predictions are always hardest in week one overall but can be tough alter in the season as you don't always know how teams whose season hasn't gone as well as they thought will react in terms of packing it in and looking to the next year and who may stick with their older players and try their hardest to win.

That being said I think it went pretty well with a few good calls some losses and some close calls as is the norm. I have some things that I am thinking about concerning some of the games overall but this post is about the Coffman Rocks.

Game summary

First thoughts were Perrysburg looked better a little bigger and certainly more experienced than last season where they only played about 4 Seniors .That had a lot to do with the 45-0 margin last year . Coffman has some guys back as well but they had many more first year guys out there than P-Burg did.

Game started with the Rocks on defense and starting some kids who weren't projected as starters . Not sure what that was about but P-Burg moved it quickly down the field . Rocks started sprinkling in their projected starters as P-Burg got deeper into territory .Rocks held on 4th down and on the first play from scrimmage Brown with a quick play-action drop lofted the ball between the safety's into Mike Drennan's arms for a long TD . Drennan wasted no time showing us what kind of difference maker he can be .

Rocks picked off a pass and safety Meadows trotted into the end zone giving the Rocks an early 14-0 lead. P-Burg completed a long pass and the kid broke a tackle and made it a huge play . They eventually scored with some hard running from two back s I didn't see last year the Olds brothers who run hard and have some size . Rocks again showing a weakness of last year , giving up a long pass in the middle of the field.

Game and scoring slowed down a bit with P-Burg showing a much better physicality at the point of the attack from the previous season. My notes show my frustration of QB Brown never keeping the ball on the read option which allowed the P-Burg defense to not have to be honest and they weren't . They started stopping the run . Rocks did score before the end of the half when Brown again hit Drennan this time on a shorter 30 yard pass that again split the safety's and ended with Drennan with a half leap into the end zone .

All things considered the Rocks were in good shape but overall didn't play all that well save the big play and defensive Td. P-Burg was improved had some experienced motivated players and were acquitting themselves well .

Rocks received the ball to start the second half and went to work on the ground as the O-line fired out better but it was also because Brown who didn't run once in the first half ran it three times gashing the P-Burg defense each time including the 21 yard nifty scamper into the end zone to create a bit of separation at 28-7 .

This is where the game got a bit weird or at least sloppy and choppy for the Rocks. With a great chance to put the game away for good the Rocks defense got a quick three and out after the score . Primed to get great field position the Rocks fielded the Punt and fumbled it after a short gain to the P-Burg 35 . P-Burg got it . So instead of 1st down on the -Burg 35 with all the momentum to possibly make it 35-7 and put the game away it was 1st down P-Burg at their 40 where the fumble rolled to.

Rocks dug in and got another three and out or so it seemed. On 4th and long P-Burg faked the punt with their QB turned punter lofted the pass to a WIDE open receiver who no one followed down the field . [Inexcusable to make it that easy } so this time the gain was well into Rocks territory and the Panthers took advantage and scored again . So instead of 35-7 it was now 28-14 .

On the ensuing kick -off the Rocks showed their playmaking ability again as they returned the Kick for a TD. Jr. Jameel Williamson who fumbled the previous punt return atoned for his gaffe with a beautiful run. Got through a small crease made a cut and took off showing and extra gear in the process. Williamson who could be a really nice corner is playing receiver for the Rocks and made a few nice and important catches , one on a 3rd and 13 that keep a Rocks drive alive. Rocks now again comfortable gave up another TD which showed the defense again having a bit of trouble covering the pass .

Now truth be told there were times when the Rocks had young kids on the field with 4 Sophomores on the field at the same time when the game was still a game . I had never seen that at Coffman . Anyway we also have to consider the fact that the P-Burg starter Sims is a good player and a THREE year starter and it showed. There were some blown coverages or late coverage due to some confusion a first game type bug that needs to be corrected . There was also some really accurate precise throws by the veteran QB who played with heart and skill out there. Kids were in good coverage position in some instances and he just put it in the exact spot eh needed to for a few third down conversions and a 4th down conversion or two if I remember right .

Rocks scored again on the next drive to make it three TD'S again and that's how it ended . Good not great win and on to Gahanna .

Tidbits

One of Rocks big question marks was who was going to play running back besides Drennan who can do that but you want him in the slot or out-wide and move him around . Moussa Diallo a Junior transfer from Westland looks the part , played the part well and is a tough hard runner who had a few bursts especially after the QB kept the ball a few times . He has the body to play LB at about 200 pounds .

Drennan didn't play in the 4th quarter but it is apparent that he is a real X-Factor and not only can make difference making plays but he opens some things up for others as well . Good start for Donut .

QB Brown making his first start did well threw a few real strikes and had a few nice runs and looks the part as a Senior first time starter, the Rocks third first time Senior starter in as many years. Only threw 8 times as the Rocks had big plays that helped keep the number of offensive snaps down { Turnovers , fake punt given up also diminished the TOP. }. He completed 6 of them for 175 yards. 22 yards per attempt a useful stat for the football nerds out here .

Rocks played a ton of kids shuffling many in and out especially on defense . Some of that I believe is a result of seeing who can do the job as may be a few spots aren't solidified yet . As always I would like to see a few kids play part time both ways. Diallo like I mentioned looks like a kid who can play LB, Williamson who can play corner may be . Like a broken record I will continue to offer some kids I thin can do light double duty although I realize it isn't likely to happen .

Al Kirk Jr. { AJ } is playing safety this year and the highly ranked 2021 Soph was good back there as expected and made a few LOUD hits . Rocks didn't dominate the action like they did last year but they did make more BIG HITS in this game . Kirk and 205 pound RB Olds had a memorable collision, Olds had enough momentum to score only needing a yard and half but I will tell you he took a hit that he felt Saturday morning . Kirk I think probably needs to be put at CB on occasion to cover some of the better opponents . Junior Cam Kirk Al's cousin was solid at CB.

Newcomers Sophomore Williams at DE , LB Hybrid , the aforementioned Junior Diallo at RB , and CB and returner Sophomore Bryon Threats a transfer from Mifflin are ballplayers . Play with an edge , tough and athletic . Threats made some mistakes as a young players do especially in their first games , but he showed a lot of promise and potential . Like his style and toughness . Williams is a definite D-1 kid and has a couple offers and he made some nice plays and when he matures and gets stronger , watch out .

Receiver Alex Dlulzynski { Spell check lol} missed the game and it looks like a foot or ankle , but he had over 20 catches last year and is needed to be part of the Rocks best line-up .

Week two at Gahanna shapes up as a game between the wounded animal and a Rocks team that is seeking their identity . Last year their identity was set early . LB strength front 7 overall , young secondary , new -Oline but potential and a close Senior class . A little murkier this season to me .

Gahanna is wounded losing their last scrimmage big to power ST X and having to go on the road to the famous 'PIT" at Elder in week one . Things didn't go that well . No shame in that however as both teams are very good this year . Last year the Lions played well losing on the last play to Elder and outplaying them in many who were there's estimation . Of course the Lions lost their two best players to transfers to OCC- rivals North and Central that has stolen some of the program momentum a concept I speak about often .

They have benefitted from playing the tough competition I am sure and are looking forward to a match-up they feel they may be on equal footing . Rocks need to improve this week PERIOD or they may be in some trouble over there . Lions have athletes as usual the game is the home opener and I think there will be a pretty good crowd as the weather again looks good . I realize the whole comparative scores scrimmage results mismash can be faulty in determining or predicting outcomes , but it must be said if anyone thinks the Lions are a bit weak as a result of the ST X scrimmage and Elder 31-0 loss they should think again .

First off like is mentioned it is the home opener , the Lions are the wounded animal and they are always dangerous, they have athletes . Also I have a source whose kid has started at Kilbourne the last few years and I asked how the Gahanna scrimmage went wanting to get some info on a future Rocks opponent . He simply said they 'killed us " PUSHED US AROUND and dominated the scrimmage . Kilbourne isn't a heavyweight but they have a lot back are better than last year and they were a missed field goal and XP from beating Olentangy Orange losing 27-26 . Yes I know Harrison sat out and may be another kid or two , BUT they are a solid program and Kilbourne played right with them. Gahanna?? , yes in a scrimmage pushed Kilbourne around .

Rocks need to be prepared , sharp and physical to get the W over there this week . I will be back with thoughts on the other games I predicted and others.

Last edited by Harrycrane; 08-27-18 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-27-18, 04:28 PM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
TCC 35 Hartley 14
Good prediction except for the part where the Hartley punter chased the rock into the end zone after it sailed over his head and then decided to run it out and got tackled at the 2. Poor kid. It's rough being 17.
Old 08-27-18, 04:41 PM
All World

TCC loaded , you guys will be back in the hunt. Dominant Frosh win for Hawks over Rocks as I feared , but thought Coffman JV would do OK{ they did } . off the record predictions LOL . You guys going to feel bad about breaking that long W-Burg streak ? NAH , Hawks 27- 7
Old 08-27-18, 04:44 PM
All World

Yes Sappy , brings up memories on the field in various situations when I said to myself . God almighty what the fu05k did I just do , I can't believe that .

Last edited by Harrycrane; 08-27-18 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-29-18, 06:47 AM
All World

Week two is here and they say that the largest improvement of good teams takes place between week one and week two. At the High school level that is often very true as many kids getting that first game under the brighter lights of Friday night often feel much more comfortable in week two. they get coached up and see their mistakes and work to correct them .

For some week 2 is must win as even good teams can put their play-off future in jeopardy . Upper Arlington is one of those teams , Olentangy is one of those clubs after both lost tough close games last week. Even teams that won in week one look at their schedule and realize they need to make sure they bag this one in week 2 knowing there are very tough games losable games down the road.

Week one always reveals a little of what and who you are as a team, it doesn't define you though and it is only a chapter. A ton of improvement can happen .

My predictions were pretty good for week one , some were spot on some were far off and some closer calls. Had a better handle on some teams obviously but overall not bad . Handicapping college football this week is similar, it is a tough week to gauge sometimes , so you stick with the programs and coaches that you know best and try to get line value. Speaking of that Louie Pasteur is back and while his lines are a bit soft this early I will use them as a marker this week knowing that his numbers get tighter usually by week 4 after three weeks of data is available .

Pick North beat Liberty 17-0 , I had it 31-10 , so where I miscalculated was Pick North offense not clicking as well as I thought and Liberty not getting on the board. Losing QB-1 Okuely on the first series hurt no question . they also didn't have that deep threat they had last year in Ben Roderick who may not come back this year . Basically right and North defense is a real story. I think PC is still top dog but PN will be able to play with them .

R-Burg beats UA 17-14 and I figured 28-16 . I correctly thought Rice making a few plays would be the difference and it certainly was. UA punted 8 straight times it had the ball at one point . Didn't move it until the end of the game consistently . Their defense kept them in it though and UA has some size and strength this year. this was a brutal loss and their game vs Findlay is MUST WIN .

Davidson I figured would win 34-0 , they won 31-0 . Their defense will be tough for good teams to move it on this year . GC isn't a good team , this had shutout written all over it on both sides and in the margins.

I got the Tangy - Darby game wrong, or did I ? 452 yards of offense for the Braves nets a mere 14 points? How often would that happen ? I had the proverbial 'RIGHT " side wrong result here. 3 key turnovers, and a whopping 14 penalties doomed the Braves here . 16 play drive going into the end zone to get the win? Fumble at the three yard line . I had 28-20 here , Darby wins it 17-14 . One big run by Darby and a very short field was huge for the Panthers. Tangy might rue this game later on .

Jerome I had beating Watterson 31-7 , they won 41-14 pretty solid take there. Country Clubbers will come down to earth this week and then the Shamrocks amble down Brand road the next week . Safe to say we will know what Dublin Muirfield has after week three. Strong minded physical kids, even if you beat the Rich kids you will know you were in a game.

Coffman I has winning 31-13 , they won 42-21 . Pretty close,. wrote about this one obviously . Rocks need to clean some things up this week to get a good result.

PC I had in a close one . it was close for a half snap for snap , but Chicago team imploded in the last minute of the half , game set match . Heat and humidity is not a depth shy team's friend, especially going against the PC like numbers . Nolo Contendere . City team albeit a talented one was no match physically and toughness wise.

TCC over Hartley was a 35-14 call from me and it ended 42-17 , TCC loaded and a real D-2 power , Hartley a D-3 contender . Hartley will learn and be better for it down the road.

I was wrong on Bradley as they needed overtime to win in a game I saw as 41-20 . Findlay obviously improved , Bradley not quite as strong as last year as I thought but the disparity between these two wasn't as great as I figured.

Scioto I had about 38-12 , it was much worse than that at 56-7 . I was right about the 'Sawmill Express " being back . Nice club with athletes and a solid defense. Irish will be one of the surprise teams this year .

Out of town games were a mixed bag.

I knew Colerain would beat LaSalle but not by 23 , I had it about half that margin .

I whiffed on Mentor losing to ST Ed's, Mentor's offense picked right up where it left off with a Soph QB . IMPRESSIVE and makes them state title game at least worthy again ? Close game and rematch is inevitable.

I was right about a talented old friend Fairfield beating C-Vilel albeit not quite as easily . Stud RB and other talented kids and F-Field looks like a team that can make some noise. C-Ville may be rebuilding a bit with a young QB.

On to week two .
Old 08-29-18, 01:59 PM
All World

WEEK TWO

Going to be doing 10 games involving locals and may be a couple opinions of outside games.

New Albany at Scioto - { Thursday} LP Line Scioto - 3 Sawmill express is back

as they routed the hapless perpetually rebuilding St Chuck's of West Bexley. this game will be against more than air . Irish have a talented skilled offense as QB Rogers is a playmaker and has a nice group of talented kids to get the ball too when he decides not to run . Pannell at RB is a difference maker and Thomas at WR is a kid I like and think has a lot of potential . The Westy South Ibbies out gained the Eagles last week and I see them as a less disciplined buttoned up version of Scioto. Talented and capable of making plays but finishing. This could be a really nice year for the Irish .

Scioto 24 New Albany 17

Jerome at Pick North - LP Line PN - 19

North a near 3 TD fav at home . Jerome blasted Watterson who is young and rebuilding and wasn't a test at all . That's OK , probably not hurt and banged up as the lifting was lighter . PN wore down a good Liberty club who lost their QB early on and that took some of the luster off of match-up . North has guys who can out athlete Jerome's kids, but Jerome will hit them and try to control the ball . This is by far the largest spread of any of the games I will be looking at . It kind of is an example of the gap that exists between PC , PN and the rest .

North 31 - 10

Upper Arlington at Findlay - LP Line UA -1

Basically a pick game and both teams off of tough narrow losses to good solid teams. UA is good, , they had kids who were a year away last season and they are now ready. Findlay has athletes and can move the ball their defense was terrible last year , but they return most and seem improved . Bradley still has a nice offense. UA sputtered most of the nigh vs. R-Burg . This defense isn't at that level and the Bears should be able to run the ball this week. Coin flip but I like the Bears to get back on track here in a close one

UA 27- 24

DeSales at Lancaster - LP Line SFD - 7

DeSales I think can limit the run here and that's huge vs this team obviously and I think they are really motivated to make the play-offs after last year's disappointment. SFD beat up a depleted Dunbar team who lost a lot of players after their coach was canned. Gaels lost a tough one to Sprinfield but got outgained by a hefty margin .

Lenkuhster has a freakishly strong O-line I hear ? At home with a must win game situation I see a huge effort and a nice atmosphere but SFD has beaten this club by 20 the past two years . I see tat margin shrinking tis year but still too much Stallion power.

SFD 24 LHS 16

Have more games later .

Tidbits

Looking ahead to Week 6 and the start of the OCC Central schedule the Rocks head to Marysville . The improving Monarchs could easily be 4-1 and probably will be and really keyed up for the Rocks . Rocks have a tougher schedule than M-Ville and justifiably so but week one of conference play at home ? Rocks will need to be ready. Win lose or draw , I will eat pizza at Benny's .

Liberty QB Okuely injury not as bad as feared but probably misses this week . Liberty plays M-Ville in week 3 and the Davidson in week 4 so the Patriots need to win this week vs Glenville to feel comfortable. .

Brian White praising fellow district coach Santagata as he usually does during Darby week. Both guys are old school and run their programs in a certain way emphasizing team first values and both take pride in their toughness and run based systems . It is always a tough hard hitting meat grinder type game . White offered that he respects Coach S because he runs things the right way and mentioned that he doesn't rely on transfers .

White and Jerome coach Geciwich especially talk openly about their distaste for this dynamic that exists in varying degrees among Central Ohio and high school football ln general's culture .

We have mentioned " destination" schools and the rich getting richer culture and I get their attitudes about it . Other states dwarf Ohio in this regard. California Florida , Georgi , Texas among others have much larger number of transfers .

In other words I don't think many programs around here 'RELY" on them being the lifeblood of the program or dominating the culture making it transient in nature. . It DOES uneven the playing field for some schools who don't get as many or just don't ever have that pervasive attitude that attracts kids to come join forces.

I mean schools like Coffman and Upper Arlington , DeSales , say Westerville Central or South a few years back get some here and there , but it has become more prevalent at some schools that have had great success and helped attain and maintain that success. I don't think RELY is apt but it does help as we have seen.

Pick North and Central have more kids than I ever knew who switch schools within the district itself. they also get and have gotten some high profile kids come in both Football and basketball . They are the top dogs .

White and Geciwich embrace the 'homegrown " mantra smartly because they have no choice but to . They simply don't get the transfers coming in .

Jerome economic dynamic isn't conducive to kids moving in and they haven't built up enough consistent success yet. Davidson and Darby are old school programs and fairly rigid. That doesn't play well with certain athletes. Not fair may be ? yeah but it is what it is . White is right , kids want a little more flexibility and sometimes want to join forces with other good or great players to achieve success .

If you look at any national rankings what do you see when you look at the top 25 teams ? A ton or a majority are Catholic or private . A couple of enormous Texas sized publics who even with great numbers get key transfers { Allen HS has 4500 + students?} , some of the more moderately sized like say Hoover in Alabama have multiple transfers and become more AAU all star like . This doesn't take away from the homegrown kids in any public program that make up the bulk of the team or the winning culture and hard work that is involved. The coaching , the dedication and concentrated effort that it takes.

As a Coffman fan who is bias about the community that I live in , I would tell any parent not who has a football playing kid per se but just say a family moving here from somewhere looking for a community and High school that Coffman is a great place.

If a kid comes to Coffman via transfer or moves here from another state the positives are many most importantly a great community with a tremendous ACADEMIC culture . I don't see much wrong with a kid transferring from a school whose football or sports programs are struggling and a school where academic expectations are lower sometimes significantly being interested in or coming to Coffman .

It should never be just about football or any other sport in terms of parents making the choice to move to another district or school . Demo differences , success on the field ', the culture, coaching strength and their attitudes towards newcomers all play into how many kids want to or do transfer into a certain school .

It isn't sinister , but it DOES create an unfairness of sorts in varying degrees and resentment from some. QB'S have been transferring for years, position players were more rare. Lastly transfers aren't created equally , in other words, Senior kids coming especially with offers just to play on the stronger team that particular year is one thing. Kids and families moving in at younger ages to better their situation and want better for their kids is another .

Some programs have examples of both and some programs have a greater number than others and while I can say that it seems unfair it it's here to stay even if it goes against the spirit of the game or makes some yearn for days gone by to a simpler time where kids would never think to leave their school and friends .

White and Geciwich aren't wrong to feel the way they do , but neither are some kids and families who move to other districts wrong .
Old 08-29-18, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Has Dumblin Coughman ever won state if foosball?
Old 08-30-18, 11:48 AM
All World

WEEK 2 cont.

Darby at Davidson LP Line Davidson - 1

Darby has a bigger O-line than usual . They will be going against a better defense than last week when they scored 17 with about 350 yards offense.

Davidson needs a win in this one big time. They have everyone back on offense basically and their defense not only knows this opponent very well but is equipped to handle them fairly well . Davidson defense isn't going to be tested in terms of defending the whole field until next week and most weeks thereafter. Davidson has so much experience at key positions i feel that gives them a small edge here. Early play-off game to me.

Davidson 16 Darby 13

Coffman at Gahanna - LP Line Coffman - 3

Rocks did well last time they traveled over there in 2016 . Drennan as a Freshman had a really nice TD catch and the thing I remember was the Seniors really took charge . Hodgson had a nice night at QB, O-lineman Arman and Tonucci were excellent . Casey Kirk had a great night. Jack Hamilton Haefke and CJ Wise were good in the secondary . Big Ben Frye now at Duke took two blockers out most of the way. In this years game the first road game the Seniors need to lead the younger guys .

In the second week the first year starters should feel a bit more comfortable but the Seniors need to take ownership here. Ryan Hamilton is the heart and soul of the defense and his name was called often as usual last week. You take him for granted because he's consistent . Other Sr's who were solid were Drye and Isaly in the front seven , Drye playing a hybrid LB role closer to the line of scrimmage than his safety position of last year. Isaly was solid up front. Meadows was improved and had a big pick six. Gill at DE needs to play well again

SR. O-line man have to play like men and take care of business like those before them . Younger guys have talent and athletic ability , they need Senior guidance and leadership especially early in the season and in the first road game . Gahanna had a bit of program momentum building the last couple years . It was interrupted a bit with the departure of their two best guys and a couple others who moved or left. Still have a small handful of really talented kids and will be playing with urgency and emotion in their home opener which is a must win situation.

If the Rocks play with purpose and passion and the Seniors lead the younger players like they should the Rocks are good enough to win here.

I am guessing they will be ready and do just that.

Coffman Rocks 22 Gahanna 13
Old 08-30-18, 05:29 PM
All World

Week 2 cont.

Rocks need to may be take some care and pay attention to the Punting team as they didn't punt vs P-Burg. This wasn't because they were putting up obscene chunks of yardage up and were unstoppable. it was more the amount of snaps was less due to a one play TD drive on the first play from scrimmage . They did have some nice drives and when stopped it was in their territory. Third quarter they drove down and scored right away , then had a fumble on a punt , and then right after another three and out gave up a fake punt return for a first down. They never got the ball again in the third quarter .

So as a result they never punted . I don't remember them punting in last year's game either? May be they did and I missed it but that would be weird to go two games vs the same team on opening night in two consecutive years and not punt even one time? P-Burg laments not getting their punt returners on the field when they play Coffman .

Anyway they need to get that ready to go as I am sure they probably punt a couple times tomorrow.

Westerville North at Ye Olde Tommy W - YOTW - 6.

YOTW are a shadow of the formerly punchless team they used to be . This club can score now. The local businesses have discontinued the former practice of giving away food and drink based points scored by YOTW. It's a distant memory as the Cards are a legit team now. Some were considering Canal Winchester worthy of respect in terms of a top 10 team in CO. YOTW put that bad take to bed. No disrespect to Canal but you needed to beat the Cards to get that type of initial respect . North ? Good players who show promise sometimes leave early. they have a good one over at R-Burg. The 'Pilgrims " err Cards roll and cover that 6 point tariff .

YOTW 31 WN 13
Old 08-30-18, 08:22 PM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
White and Geciwich aren't wrong to feel the way they do , but neither are some kids and families who move to other districts wrong .
Stiv... I agree with you here. While I may prefer the way that Jerome, Davidson and Darby run their programs, I understand families who want to get the best situation for their kids in terms of post-HS opportunities.
Old 08-30-18, 08:47 PM
All World

I also liked the way it was before with very little movement and transfers that changed the landscape. I do think though coaches can't just ignore kids who transfer in. Public coaches have to take who shows up . If certain kids don't show up you go with what you have. The nature of Public school football for better or worse .
Old 08-30-18, 09:35 PM
All District

KramericaIndustries is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Good luck to all the Olentangy's tonight . Hey who do you have winning the OCC-RAGU? LOL.
Need to see a couple more results, as you said, Darby's win a bit of a mirage and would expect to still see Bradley beat them later this year. But with turnovers and penalties, who knows. Kilbourne played a good game against Orange, but again, they were missing key players and look awful in every scrimmage so close score there may more have been about Orange being bad than Kilbourne being good, but we will see.

Both Dublin teams seem to be pretty good as well.

One thing is for sure in the OCC Ragu, however, after playing tomato cans all year, any D1 school that happens to make the playoff can expect a double digit loss in either week 1 or 2 of the playoffs. And Darby taking Reynoldsburg's playoff spot last year remains one of the largest tragedies we've seen in the playoff system in several decades.
Old 08-31-18, 09:07 AM
Junior Varsity

Killer Nut is on a distinguished road
I find it ironic that Harry calls out PN and PC for the transfers but mentions 3 transfers to DC in his game review vs. Perrysburg.
Old 08-31-18, 09:15 AM
All American

MitSulHer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
WEEK TWO

Upper Arlington at Findlay - LP Line UA -1

Basically a pick game and both teams off of tough narrow losses to good solid teams. UA is good, , they had kids who were a year away last season and they are now ready. Findlay has athletes and can move the ball their defense was terrible last year , but they return most and seem improved . Bradley still has a nice offense. UA sputtered most of the nigh vs. R-Burg . This defense isn't at that level and the Bears should be able to run the ball this week. Coin flip but I like the Bears to get back on track here in a close one

UA 27- 24

Harrycane, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to write these up. I really enjoy reading all of your summaries/predictions. I did not know all of the OCC stuff was under the Coffman 2018 thread. As a UA fan I do not peruse the Coffman threads much. lol
Old 08-31-18, 11:34 AM
All World

Thanks . I root for UA except week 10. UA has a good team and I like Cutler as a coach. Too many injuries last year and others as well . They have a tough schedule so they need to win tonight big time. Give yourself a chance in weeks 1-5 then try to get over the Davidson hump and the as always it’s a close one with Coffman.

Good luck tonight . I think you guys get it done .
Old 08-31-18, 02:06 PM
All World

Killa, not calling out anyone for wrongdoing just stating 'it is what it is, If you have read any of my posts over the years I never said Coffman or other teams NEVER GET TRANSFERS , THEY DO , . Upper Arlington HILLIARD Bradley , Coffman the Olentangy's R-Burg DeSales, Westerville Central and Westy South used to get them more.

I never aid it was only PN or PC , they transfer amongst themselves a lot, it seems , and both have arguably gotten more higher profile kids lately than others. I write about the transfer thing in a later post after the game write-up . Coffman ahs a couple transfers and I mentioned it , nothing ironic about it . UA had a few key guys that changed their team a few years ago and they beat PC. TWICE in two years .

Nothing is al about transfers and many of the top say 25 programs get them at some point. People move into a better school district which many of the outerbelt districts are superior academically than many of the districts some come from.

I think you commented without knowing my takes on this over the years and just recently . Good luck to the team you support tonight . thanks for stopping by .
Old 08-31-18, 02:29 PM
All World

Week 2 Cont.

Tough to really predict some of these where CO teams play teams from other regions sometimes without really knowing a lot about these programs.

Bradley at Stow MF - LP Line Bradley - `10

Stow lost it's coach to Berlin . They lost a lot from last year and a common theme here is about momentum. Stow may have lost that loving feeling so to speak. I think Bradley will show a lot of improvement in week 2 after last week escape vs Findlay who did have a lot starters back .

Jags 27 Stow 14

Olentangy at Miamisburg - LP Line Tangy - 1

Basically a Pick em , and I think Olentangy is fired up after letting that one slip away last week. Lost despite gaining 450 yards. They scored but 14 points . Fumbled inside the 5 really late after a 16 play drive . OUCH !!!

14 Penalties ? Expect some improvement on that front . Don't know a ton about M-Burg , but I do know a little about Tangy and they are more well coached than what they looked like last week . I THINK Tangy takes care of business with a better ability to finish drives and scores 20+ to get the win CLOSE

Tangy 28 M-Burg 24

BEST BET

Marysville at Delaware LP Line M-Ville - 4

Monarchs are improved this year, I think they scare a couple teams in the OCC Central this year . Scare One or two of the usual top dogs{ HD, DC UA } . Delaware has Wetzel at the helm with a state title pedigree with Big Nut . M-Ville flexes a bit here, may be not a rout but a nice secure over 4 pt. win .

I wouldn't bet the game with proverbial BOTH HANDS , but definitely a hand and thumb .

M-Vile 24 Delaware 13

Good luck and health to all teams tonight and with the weather warm if not a bit hot a decent night to get out and support the kids who sacrifice a lot to be able to compete at a certain level 10 weeks or so a year. Football is the sport where the preparation time far outweighs game time by the largest amount. It means a lot to them to see a nice crowd out to support their efforts .

Rocks had a nice home crowd last week should have a decent showing from the Gahanna folks tonight in their first game at home. Jerome next week -NUFF SAID . And then home vs Tangy where the Rocks will need a large turnout .

PN on the road in week 5 should be a good turnout for both teams .

So tonight lets hope the Rocks fans travel well and represent . GO Rocks .
Old 08-31-18, 02:47 PM
All American

OneTiger is on a distinguished road
What gives HC? Is Ol' Shivershorts taking a jab at the Pickeringtons with the "we don't rely on transfers BS". That excuse is getting super old.
Old 08-31-18, 03:27 PM
All District

Saltlife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
What gives HC? Is Ol' Shivershorts taking a jab at the Pickeringtons with the "we don't rely on transfers BS". That excuse is getting super old.
1Tiger and are finally joining forces lol I'll give harry a pass he tries to be unbias and has good sound posts.

my posts in the past have covered this a lot. central ohio finally catching up with cinci and dayton teams. How you think wayne, dunbar, colerain were so good in the past. Now springfield and trotwood getting dayton transfers, open secret on transfers.

thats why publics now competing with privates, right wrong or indifferent it is the model kids are transfering for wins and exposure. exposure is a double edged sword as if you dont have the measurables doesnt matter.
Old 08-31-18, 03:40 PM
All World

White mentions this a lot lately { Last two years especially} saying some programs are taking the easy way out and kids are too. It isn't as if a coach of a public school can reject kids because they move into the district,, often as an upgrade.

Pickerington schools and programs are superior to those of where many families move from with kids ranging in age. Dublin ,Olentangy Westerville Hilliard and UA ditto to name just a handful .

I can't fault some of the transfers for going to a more successful program with better coaching , facilities , and who plays better competition than where they came from. White doesn't get too specific but we know who he is talking about mainly.
Old 08-31-18, 03:42 PM
All World

Yes S-Life that is what is becoming the model for a great level of success , for better or worse . The top publics have more talent than they did say 7-10 years ago no question save a few examples every so often where you just get a tremendous class and a very good class back to back .

Times change
Old 09-05-18, 05:31 AM
All World

Big week in Dublin with Jerome and Coffman resuming their short history with game three this Friday. If the atmosphere is anything like the last couple basketball tournament games it will be a memorable night .

Jerome raised some eyebrows by taking Pickerington North to the final gun and was ahead in the 4th quarter . Was Jerome underestimated ? Probably as the Celts have been building the program the last 3 years culminating with Coach Geciwich;s 4th team being his strongest , the first group of seniors to only have Geciwich as their leader.

Coffman took care of business but was probably less impressive in victory than Jerome was in defeat. Not that the Rocks played poorly but sloppy at times is apt.

Warm humid night in Gahanna started well as the Rocks recovered a fumble on the first play of the game. Short field getting the ball around the 30 and going right in , a nice pass to Drennan being the largest chunk of yardage moving it down inside the 5 .

Rocks then gave up a long run by the QB who kind of slipped through some traffic and skated down the sidelines only to be caught from behind by AJ Kirk who showed improved straight line speed from last year in addition to being bigger and stronger as well . The Sophomore is getting tons of notice and is rated as one of the top Safety's in the country.

Lions scored though and it was 7-6 after a failed PAT. Coffman started wining the field position game at this point and got another good start to a drive and scored again to make it 14-6. Rocks after forcing the Lions to start their next drive deep inside the 10 got a big play from LB Noah Smith who stepped in front of a receiver and made an excellent catch on a short pass that was thrown hard. Nice hands from the first year Sr. starter.

Rocks inside the 10 went right in and seemed in control . Then BOOM the next kick off was sent t the 1 yard line where Gahanna top dog Justus Harris got through the wash around the 25 cut it towards the sideline and was pretty much gone for a 99 yard TD.

Harris is a horse , there isn't a team in CO he doesn't either start for and or get plenty of carries for. I haven't seen anyone better in this Senior class. No shame I suppose but the Rocks special teams haven't been stellar when they have the ball first so to speak . the return game is amuch better than last years.

So Rocks went in to halftime only up one score at 21-13 after having the game firmly in control for about 10 seconds.

Rocks did what good teams coming out after halftime and methodically and somewhat punishingly drove down emphasizing the run between the tackles with Moussa Diallo being the lead guy but Slot/ RB Drennan also chipping in with some carries . Rocks had a TD called back{ Hold their only one of the night} and settled for a 38 yard field goal . Kicker Joey Mitchell hit it well and straight down the middle as I was behind the goal posts at the time and it would have been good from about 45 yards .

24-13 and the Rocks continued their strong play and got the ball back and scored a TD with Diallo again going in and were in complete control again at 31-13 . Rocks defense was having an excellent third quarter and they forced a punt quickly. The punter boomed this one outkicking the coverage a bit. Sophomore Bryan Threats who is a real good prospect who is versatile and tough took the kick and what followed was a basic instructional video on how to return a punt .

Threats who is used at corner as well and has RB skill , went straight up field running by the coverage guys who were running an extra 10 yards at good speed trying to cover the booming punt . He then cut left got a block cut right made a guy miss and set sail down the right sideline outrunning the last two guys who had an angle on him and leaped into the corner of the end zone . That play was a highlight of the week and a top play. Threats is one to watch and can contribute in many capacity's .

38-13 , up 25 with 11 minutes left and then the sloppy play commenced . Rocks had trouble finishing games last year culminating in the Olentangy -playoff game debacle . Other games included losing to the Lions in the last 1.30 last year , wins vs. Davidson and UA were certainly hairy in the last few minutes. This one was different because a 25 point gap is different than those games where the margins were less but this one was as ugly.

2 fumbles a blocked punt inside their 10 yard line multiple penalties and two Gahanna scores in the last part of the 4th quarter is what transpired and the Rocks kind of sheepishly shuffled off the field with a expected win but with a more sour taste in their mouth may be. Coach Crabtree in the scoreboard show where he was on after the game summed it up well and correctly pointed out there were some good things and things to like and things not to like .

Special teams are spotty right now and something to be corrected. 4 kickoffs have gone out of bounds in two games . There have been some really good KO'S as well that have gone towards the corners or into the end zone. Return for a TD was part MEH coverage and part Harris being a real playmaker. There was the blocked punt that was bad as well setting up an easy score. There was a near miss as well earlier on.

Good news is there have been HUGE improvements made in the return game. The team is actually returning punts this year after fair catching 90 percent of them last year . KO return for a score by Williamson in week one was a big play as well as Threats scintillating piece of work .

It's bene viewed and hopefully some corrections will be made and it's been on to Jerome for a few days now . Huge game for both programs and a great stage to show your stuff .

Should be a great night .
Old 09-05-18, 07:02 AM
All District

Quote:
Big week in Dublin with Jerome and Coffman resuming their short history with game three this Friday. If the atmosphere is anything like the last couple basketball tournament games it will be a memorable night .

Jerome raised some eyebrows by taking Pickerington North to the final gun and was ahead in the 4th quarter . Was Jerome underestimated ? Probably as the Celts have been building the program the last 3 years culminating with Coach Geciwich;s 4th team being his strongest , the first group of seniors to only have Geciwich as their leader.

Coffman took care of business but was probably less impressive in victory than Jerome was in defeat. Not that the Rocks played poorly but sloppy at times is apt.

Warm humid night in Gahanna started well as the Rocks recovered a fumble on the first play of the game. Short field getting the ball around the 30 and going right in , a nice pass to Drennan being the largest chunk of yardage moving it down inside the 5 .

Rocks then gave up a long run by the QB who kind of slipped through some traffic and skated down the sidelines only to be caught from behind by AJ Kirk who showed improved straight line speed from last year in addition to being bigger and stronger as well . The Sophomore is getting tons of notice and is rated as one of the top Safety's in the country.

Lions scored though and it was 7-6 after a failed PAT. Coffman started wining the field position game at this point and got another good start to a drive and scored again to make it 14-6. Rocks after forcing the Lions to start their next drive deep inside the 10 got a big play from LB Noah Smith who stepped in front of a receiver and made an excellent catch on a short pass that was thrown hard. Nice hands from the first year Sr. starter.

Rocks inside the 10 went right in and seemed in control . Then BOOM the next kick off was sent t the 1 yard line where Gahanna top dog Justus Harris got through the wash around the 25 cut it towards the sideline and was pretty much gone for a 99 yard TD.

Harris is a horse , there isn't a team in CO he doesn't either start for and or get plenty of carries for. I haven't seen anyone better in this Senior class. No shame I suppose but the Rocks special teams haven't been stellar when they have the ball first so to speak . the return game is amuch better than last years.

So Rocks went in to halftime only up one score at 21-13 after having the game firmly in control for about 10 seconds.

Rocks did what good teams coming out after halftime and methodically and somewhat punishingly drove down emphasizing the run between the tackles with Moussa Diallo being the lead guy but Slot/ RB Drennan also chipping in with some carries . Rocks had a TD called back{ Hold their only one of the night} and settled for a 38 yard field goal . Kicker Joey Mitchell hit it well and straight down the middle as I was behind the goal posts at the time and it would have been good from about 45 yards .

24-13 and the Rocks continued their strong play and got the ball back and scored a TD with Diallo again going in and were in complete control again at 31-13 . Rocks defense was having an excellent third quarter and they forced a punt quickly. The punter boomed this one outkicking the coverage a bit. Sophomore Bryan Threats who is a real good prospect who is versatile and tough took the kick and what followed was a basic instructional video on how to return a punt .

Threats who is used at corner as well and has RB skill , went straight up field running by the coverage guys who were running an extra 10 yards at good speed trying to cover the booming punt . He then cut left got a block cut right made a guy miss and set sail down the right sideline outrunning the last two guys who had an angle on him and leaped into the corner of the end zone . That play was a highlight of the week and a top play. Threats is one to watch and can contribute in many capacity's .

38-13 , up 25 with 11 minutes left and then the sloppy play commenced . Rocks had trouble finishing games last year culminating in the Olentangy -playoff game debacle . Other games included losing to the Lions in the last 1.30 last year , wins vs. Davidson and UA were certainly hairy in the last few minutes. This one was different because a 25 point gap is different than those games where the margins were less but this one was as ugly.

2 fumbles a blocked punt inside their 10 yard line multiple penalties and two Gahanna scores in the last part of the 4th quarter is what transpired and the Rocks kind of sheepishly shuffled off the field with a expected win but with a more sour taste in their mouth may be. Coach Crabtree in the scoreboard show where he was on after the game summed it up well and correctly pointed out there were some good things and things to like and things not to like .

Special teams are spotty right now and something to be corrected. 4 kickoffs have gone out of bounds in two games . There have been some really good KO'S as well that have gone towards the corners or into the end zone. Return for a TD was part MEH coverage and part Harris being a real playmaker. There was the blocked punt that was bad as well setting up an easy score. There was a near miss as well earlier on.

Good news is there have been HUGE improvements made in the return game. The team is actually returning punts this year after fair catching 90 percent of them last year . KO return for a score by Williamson in week one was a big play as well as Threats scintillating piece of work .

It's bene viewed and hopefully some corrections will be made and it's been on to Jerome for a few days now . Huge game for both programs and a great stage to show your stuff .

Should be a great night .
Was at the PN Jerome game last week. 21-7 at half for PN. Could have been worse. PN played very sloppy on offense and had a ton of penalties and misteps 1st half. With that said, I felt Jerome was vastly improved from last year and the coaching adjustments coming out of halftime were very good. I was impressed with the adjustments, calls, and schemes.

They are a better team than last year. Difference in the game was PN Dline(which is one of their strengths) hammered them.

The question in my mind is did Jerome put this loss behind them or are their lingering effects from a tough loss, they wanted the W very badly.

If so, it should be a great game.
Old 09-05-18, 07:57 AM
All World

You make a good point . One of the oldest adages of handicapping is to look for a team off of a really tough emotional loss especially when they were the underdog ,{ Jerome was about a 20 point dog} emptied their bucket and came up short . You go against that team the next week because the line is usually fair off of the really good performance or you pass on that game .

Football is an emotional game, no football team can be at an emotional peak every week or even most weeks. Coaches do their best to get kids up every week but that's a tough chore.

Now all that being said , this is COFFMAN , if Jerome was playing a Hilliard Program or Delaware or to a lesser extent Scioto , I would say there was a chance they might be flatter than a watery battered pancake .

BUT this is different . Geciwich has been talking about this potential match-up since the day he turned onto Hyland-Croy . He will have his kids locked and loaded and loaded for bear and any other cliché with the word loaded in it.

Will they be at 100 percent though emotionally and physically ? I doubt it . But they will be fairly close to that. Coffman on the other hand didn't exchange in a terribly physical game to be blunt. Gahanna along the lines was not the same as they last two years I saw them . Coffman was very sloppy as was Gahanna as the game looked more like week one in some ways.

I am trying to break down some games this week and this one will be one of them obviously . Lost a couple more than won in week two vs Louie Number after wining a couple more than lost in week one . I am starting over with a bit more data and info and will probably win more this week . Right at about 500 now which in any wagering venture is a losing prop as the juice or Vig eventually gets you if you don'[t get closer to 55 -58

I didn't put my Hartley - Wheelersburg opinion on this page but did on another and was correct as Hartley snapped that regular season winning streak comfortably .

Coffman -Gahanna game I had right . Jerome game was closer than I thought certainly and showed Jerome to be strong physically and has a nice passing game.

Got UA- Findlay right as I saw a close game with UA getting it done . Davidson won as I thought but game was a bit wider on the board and on the field as their defense is legit . Got DeSales - Lancaster right as well.

Bradley I had winning by more than one as they continue to live right , they face a different physical animal this week .

I figured Olentangy would score more than 14 a game through 2 , week one they had the turnover excuse as they moved the ball all night vs Darby , but this past week they simply didn't get the job done and are a surprising 0-2 .

Marysville game was kind of like week one's Olentangy -Darby game , I think I had the right side but the team I picked simply couldn't hold onto the ball when they got close to the end zone . M-Vile fumbled three times I believe very deep in Delaware territory. Delaware gets the fortunate win .

Ye Olde Tommy W bit me as they lost a higher scoring game to Westy North. YOTW probably needed that one to be a play-off contender as I feel they struggle within the league .

This week's games offer some interesting match-ups in Dublin and Hilliard and PC vs. Trotwood smells like a nice revenge spot for the Tigers who seem to be eliciting a 'You haven't proven anything yet in terms of being a D-1 title contender by 'some"
Old 09-05-18, 01:51 PM
All District

Harry, what is your pick on Coffman Jerome? I know you are a Coffman guy. Are you guys feeling good about it?

It would be nice for Jerome to win to help PN with points. PN has Coffman in a few weeks.

From the highlights I have seen from Coffman looks to be a good game.

Your thoughts?
Old 09-05-18, 02:50 PM
All World

Pasteur game predictions out . I am looking at 11 of the games to predict with the largest spread being 10 in two games , with an average of 5.7

Two weeks in some teams are in must win situations. .Liberty is 0-2 and plays Marysville at home, Orange who looks ordinary at 1-1 and was probably a victim of people making assumptions based on a short history of success and being star-struck over the great Harrison coming back who has been hurt.

I think a couple of the people out here closer to the Olentangy situation knew this and weren't buying the early rankings of the team.

Are the Olentangy Braves already feeling the effects of the smaller numbers? Offensively they have enough skill pieces but regardless of the opening of Berlin they were losing a lot if Senior lineman and a lot of their key guys on defense . 0-2 and the Darby debacle leaves them playing Holland of Springfield who is a talented D-2 team and then Coffman next week ? They better win this week . Louie has them as a three point favorite .

Another always interesting match-up in a lower profile game is Grove City and Central Crossing . CC has a few veteran starters and has some talent . I look for them to handle a young GC team who has dropped both games by 31 points.

Was Pickerington North a bit overrated ? Or was Jerome underrated? Probably a little of both . Jerome plays up the 'Homegrown aspect of their program quite a bit and may be used that as motivation vs PN? I have no idea of knowing of course but it's possible . Go to Receiver Scott a Wayne transfer a guy they could surely use caught 10 balls and was a difference maker.

There was very little running game involved in this game as both teams passed very efficiently and racked up big yardage. Jerome ahs some size and they initiate contact and are more physical this year . Their homegrown mantra is in conjunction with playing balz out for the duration.

Geciwich has them believing that they can win these games and this game is rated as a tossup by Louie . Coffman must realize that Jerome will be physical and emotional and if they don't match this they will more than have their hands full.

Jerome was ahead in the 4th on the road a team many believe can play with and may be beat PC ? I know that number is dwindling but it's out there.

Coffman kids have to realize that they must bring it emotionally here and relish playing on the big stage.

If Geciwich wants to use the 'homegrown" MOTIVATION " vs Coffman it might not be as apt as he may think.

Again I have no idea if he is thinking of Coffman when he has been outspoken about the transfer dynamic when talking with White or Brad Burchfield about such things but I took a look at the roster closely and the Rocks are pretty much a 'homegrown team .

Having heard about Hartley's frosh class and the talent and size they have I am not sure what Burchfield is complaining about when it comes to transfers . I mean he gets better players every year from different places as a result to his credit of building a program but he should excuse himself from that discussion lol

In the top two classes the Rocks have ONE starter who didn't enter Coffman High school on day one of their Freshman year. Senior QB Brown entered Coffman his Frosh year after playing for the Marysville Frosh team. Big strong kid who wanted to get into a stronger program with a history of developing QB'S. I don't think it has gone the way he thought as he probably thought eh could start two years but he is starting for the first time this year and doing a good job .

The Junior who transferred in is Moussa Diallo who entered last year after the football season where he played at Westland. Another case of a kid who wanted to may be go to a better district for both academics and athletics . He is playing well at RB as he shares a bit with Mike Drennan but he is a primary ball carrier and doing very well. Neither is a big recruit or have any offers that I know of .

So that's TWO GUYS in the top two classes who started HS in another school . Both fellow OCC central schools . The vast majority of Juniors and Seniors played MS ball in Dublin and are long term residents.

A couple talented Sophs Williams and Threats transferred to Coffman after starting as Frosh and playing large roles at Scioto and Mifflin respectively .

Williams moved from the DC area in 8th grade and has bene in Dublin a very short time .

Threats coming from Mifflin is a nice addition as I have written about . Better facilities , better program , more exposure , better competition , and MUCH BETTER academic environment . The Pickeringtons have been getting kids from Columbus city schools for a while now. Threats is the first I remember transferring to Coffman .

Speaking of Williams who visited Notre Dame last weekend missed last weeks game and was missed by his absence . Not sure of his status but they need him out there at his outside LB spot .
Old 09-06-18, 08:13 AM
All World

I'll be giving a prediction on the Coffman - Jerome game, it's a toss-up to me. Jerome actually has a bit more experience and a larger Senior class Their kids have had 3 and a half years of the Geciwich era and are strong from hard focused work in the metal room and tough mentally . Coffman ahs some real Senior leaders led by Ryan Hamilton at LB , QB Brown is progressing as a leader , Offensive line has some Sr. leaders and I feel that group may determine the game if they can give the talented playmakers some time and space to operate Coffman has a great chance to win .

Really close to call , early off-season I would have said Coffman would wear them down and I was more confident. Now and not just because of the PN effort I see Jerome with their strong Senior leadership and attitude I see the game as a whoever makes the fewer mistakes wins? I will give a score prediction as usual probably later today.

Speaking of

Thursday night lights game

Central Crossing at Grove City - LP line CC - 2

If I was playing this game with my man and HS betting was legal in Ohio I would need both hands to play this game at CC-2 . CC is a better football team this year , No debate about that . they are more veteran with a few 3-4 year starters and are physically stronger than GC. Pierre France scored 4 TD'S in last years game . He's back and running well. CC probably should be 2-0 . They get to 3-1 here . if I could cash this ticket I would enjoy some Black bean and corn salsa washed down with a Stringtown Pale ale at the Grove City Brewing company ? yes I will include food and or drink choices at the game locales IF I would cover the Louie Line , if I fail and lose some cabbage it's ramen and tomato soup washed down with Bug juice at home in North Central Dublin .

CC 27 GC 13

Olentangy Liberty at Marysville- LP Line OL - 8

This was a closer than expected game last year. Liberty needs a win here like we all need blood. Liberty would obviously be a different team and wouldn't be 0-2 if they didn't lose their QB and three year starter Mitch Okuley and of course not having deep threat Ben Roderick hasn't helped either . M-Ville fumbled away a game last week vs Delaware as they really let this one slip away . Both teams will be up for it but I like Liberty even if Okuley can't go and I think he won't because they still have a good defense and a large O-line that should be the difference over 48 minutes.
If Liberty covers this number I would surely head to the Liberty Tavern and hope they had the Oyster Po Boy on the menu and I would add a Shadowed mistress to that which is so powerful they only give you 10 ounces . Two of those and you are done for a bit .

Liberty 24 M-Ville 10

Dublin Sawmill at Big Nut - LP Line DS - 4

The Sawmill express blew a tire and their defense was gutted like a fish by a methodical efficient well drilled New Albany run game. I got this one wrong, as I thought Scioto would do better especially on defense. 90 yard drive to end the first half was brutal and really took Scioto out of the game mentally . They grabbed some momentum and then gave it right back going to the break. Big Nut gives up a lot points and have to teams less dangerous than the Sawmill Express . Scioto back on track and then get Jerome next week where they were hook and laddered late. Irish hammered Nut last year by 30 scoring half a hundred. Irish win and cover the Louie Line . If I could cash this ticket I head to 101 Beer Kitchen on Hard and Sawmill and surely start with the Fried Southern style oysters App, and sip a Brooklyn Octoberfest.

Dublin Sawmill 38 Big Nut 20

Bradley at Davidson - LP Line HD - 6

The Davidson redemption tour continues this week with a very important R-3 match-up that I believe even at this early point of the season cements Davidson as a play-off team . I think Liberty is not the same and while they probably lose to PC , There isn't any other team on the schedule they can't beat . This is the year they have to do some damage I believe as I think the next couple may be like the previous couple. Not bad certainly and even a regular season win over Coffman in 2016{ Coffman won by 21 in a play-off rematch} who was better than they were but this si the year they have a good Senior class with some studs .

Good Linebacker play will be on display certainly with the Cats having a pair of three year starters in Annis and Royer and the Jags having Blauser and Hummell . Cats have two stud D-lineman in Ezrim and Keys and an experienced O-Line . Backfield is basically in tact from last year as well .

Bradley will be the first team to test the Davidson defense in terms of covering the whole field. I do not think Bradley can run the ball here. They will have to pass 40 + times and that's not always a great thing at this level and when going against a team that can bleed the clock . I do think Davidson's offense is a unit that good defenses can deal with well and that the defense is the real strength . White as he has been doing the last couple years too a dig at Bradley finally having a QB who has been in the system for a while in first year starter Veil.

Slobberknocker is what seems inevitable here. Davidson hasn't seen a passing team yet and Bradley hasn't seen a running team yet which makes this more interesting . Not that it needs much . These are the type of games that you remember. Big crowds and interest and a nice stage to reward the players for all their hard work in the off-season and in camp . New players are more comfortable and schemes are more solid and team identity's and the chemistry is starting to take hold .

Davidson has dropped the last two giving up 31 and 28 points respectively , one game they lost by 3 [31-28 2016} and got beaten more comfortably last year 28-10 . They don't give up that type of number this year

It's the Cats turn this year as they get back the best team in Hilliard crown .

Davidson 17 Bradley 10 Narrow cover for White's boys and if they do what I think they will do and see my guy to collect some dough ? I simply go with a staple and meander over to Hilliard station and the Old Bag of Nails and order the fish and chips and order that third piece of course after I finish my first piece. To leave room to be gluttonous after nibbling on a couple fried mushrooms pre Fish arrival { The best Fried shrooms in Columbus with Houlihans in UA a close second } I go with simple Ice water .

Last edited by Harrycrane; 09-06-18 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-06-18, 10:18 AM
All District

Tiger Alum is on a distinguished road
The big question concerning Davidson is..... Did they do enough against Darby to earn the bubble H decal on the blank side of the helmet. : ) The answer to that question will be answered this Friday night at Wildcat stadium.
Good synopsis of the game Harry. Bradley has slipped just enough IMO for Davidson to win this one. The rain likely for tomorrow night probably will not help Bradley either.
Old 09-06-18, 11:24 AM
All World

Yes , I think that Bradley is less explosive this year and coupled with Davidson being better in most areas will be the difference . I watched a good portions of the UA- Findlay game which was on You Tube and Findlay hardly plays stout defense and Bradley scoring a ton on them is not that impressive .

Davidson scores just enough and I wouldn't be surprised if the defense scores or sets up a short field score. Should be a good one and a great atmosphere.