Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins the conference?
Bethel 1 3.45%
Covington 3 10.34%
Fort Loramie 14 48.28%
Miami East 7 24.14%
Other 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 08-15-18, 09:48 AM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 2,869
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex_dc_atc View Post
The CCC typically is a bit of a have and have not league with a sharp line between it's top tier and bottom tier teams. In my opinion, once you get below Fort Loramie, ME, and Covington, there's a middle of the road pack. Then you have a sharp drop off to National Trail, TV, Bradford, and MV. I would expect that to be a similar case this season. My prediction for the overall league standings would be:

1. Ft Loramie
2. Miami East
3. Covington
4. TCN
5. Bethel
6. Arcanum
7. Ansonia
8. TVS
9. National Trail
10. Tri Village
11. Miss Valley
12. Bradford
I can't argue against this predicted order, but will say of all the teams listed Bethel is the most difficult to predict. Could finish almost anywhere from 3-10. Has anyone seen them scrimmage yet this year?
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 08-15-18, 10:06 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,761
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
First look at the new Fort Loramie squad
https://www.sidneydailynews.com/spor...-against-elida
If FL plays football like their new head coach did, they will have one tough football team.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 08-16-18, 08:00 AM
ReadyKnightsFan ReadyKnightsFan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-31-16
Posts: 248
ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...EHtgCeVulLdXN/
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 08-17-18, 07:46 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: wherever i may roam...
Posts: 5,989
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
How did Arcanum do tonight vs Milton? Ft Loramie going to the spread? That's MAC football.
Lookout

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 08-17-18, 08:17 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,761
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
How did Arcanum do tonight vs Milton? Ft Loramie going to the spread? That's MAC football.
Lookout

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Except maybe for Kirtland, doesn't everyone use the spread offense ?
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 08-17-18, 08:27 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: wherever i may roam...
Posts: 5,989
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Except maybe for Kirtland, doesn't everyone use the spread offense ?
Not that I know of. A lot of WingT

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 08-18-18, 01:34 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,131
bigkat is on a distinguished road
saw the BUCCS beat Anna 19-7 in last nights scrimmage, anybody watch it?
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 08-18-18, 01:35 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 3,131
bigkat is on a distinguished road
anybody report on the Loramie- Spencerville scrimmage Thursday night?
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 08-18-18, 02:44 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: wherever i may roam...
Posts: 5,989
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
saw the BUCCS beat Anna 19-7 in last nights scrimmage, anybody watch it?
Covington is back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 08-18-18, 06:28 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 2,761
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Not that I know of. A lot of WingT

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Does the CCC know it's the 21st century.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 08-18-18, 08:38 PM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 2,869
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Does the CCC know it's the 21st century.
I have scratched my head for several years wondering why the CCC still uses wing T and Triple Option. Those may be great for schools who have great line play but when was the last time a CCC school had the line advantage in a playoff game?

I think Covingtons success with the option has caused many CCC teams to believe they need to mimic them. Bethel now runs the option. They of all the schools should have the horses to go spread.not that they would be good at it ,
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 08-18-18, 08:43 PM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 2,869
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Covington is back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Do you mean as from the 70's, when they could knock off the likes of Tipp City, Urbana, Versailes, Indian Lake etc?

Surely you don't mean back as in a team that goes 10-0 regular season then gets whacked by a low level MAC school.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 08-18-18, 09:13 PM
Blue Jay Fan Blue Jay Fan is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-04-03
Location: Delphos
Posts: 906
Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
If FL plays football like their new head coach did, they will have one tough football team.
Spencer is as fine a young man as you'll find anywhere. We are very proud of him here at DSJ.

He was a DB on the 2005 state champs, not the QB.

Last edited by Blue Jay Fan; 08-19-18 at 09:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 08-18-18, 10:23 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,580
serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Surely you don't mean back as in a team that goes 10-0 regular season then gets whacked by a low level MAC school.
You're not being fair to Covington. Yes, they are 0-10 against MAC teams in the playoffs, but here are the accomplishments of the teams they've lost to:

5 State Champions
3 State runners-up
1 State semi-finalist
1 Regional runner-up

The MAC teams that Covington has lost to have gone a combined 41-5 in the years they defeated the Buccs. Those aren't 'low level MAC schools'.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 08-19-18, 12:25 AM
tvsfan tvsfan is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-02-02
Location: West of Dayton, OH
Posts: 323
tvsfan
The Mississinawa Valley Blackhawks capped off their preseason with a scrimmage against the SWBL’s Dixie Greyhounds. Both teams scored twice when it was varsity on varsity. The Blackhawks almost had a 3rd score, but a Greyhound interception at the 4 yard line ended that threat. The Blackhawks managed...

Summary and pics at:

Chris Tilton Sports
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 08-19-18, 01:33 PM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 2,869
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
You're not being fair to Covington. Yes, they are 0-10 against MAC teams in the playoffs, but here are the accomplishments of the teams they've lost to:

5 State Champions
3 State runners-up
1 State semi-finalist
1 Regional runner-up

The MAC teams that Covington has lost to have gone a combined 41-5 in the years they defeated the Buccs. Those aren't 'low level MAC schools'.
Take a look at the last time a MAC school played them in the playoffs. They were the number one team in the state, according to the AP.

I went to that game and the score is not indicative of how bad they got beat.. The final score was 42 Fort Recovery 14 Covington.

Now, how good was Fort Recovery that year. They beat a rather average Lehman team by 1 point, first game of the season. They went 4-4 in the MAC that year (thank you Parkway and NB) and also had wins over a couple decent teams such as Minster. Going from Memory here, but I believe they lost to Versailles, St Henery and the two super powers of the MAC that year Coldwater and Marion.

This was not the first year I have went to see Covington play a vastly inferior team and they imploded. They did not do that back in the 70's. Something has changed since then.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 08-19-18, 05:41 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: wherever i may roam...
Posts: 5,989
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
D4 it's a totally different game now than the 70s plus it's not the same town now either. Back in the 70s Milton was still playing Northmont, Butler, Trotwood...
Covington could end up 9-1 or 8-2 which is "back," compared to last year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 08-19-18, 07:52 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,680
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Take a look at the last time a MAC school played them in the playoffs. They were the number one team in the state, according to the AP.

I went to that game and the score is not indicative of how bad they got beat.. The final score was 42 Fort Recovery 14 Covington.

Now, how good was Fort Recovery that year. They beat a rather average Lehman team by 1 point, first game of the season. They went 4-4 in the MAC that year (thank you Parkway and NB) and also had wins over a couple decent teams such as Minster. Going from Memory here, but I believe they lost to Versailles, St Henery and the two super powers of the MAC that year Coldwater and Marion.

This was not the first year I have went to see Covington play a vastly inferior team and they imploded. They did not do that back in the 70's. Something has changed since then.
Fort Recovery was not the inferior team that year much less vastly inferior. FR manhandled the Buccs in the trenches all night long then went on to lose an exciting game in the Regional Finals to Minster.

Covington did not implode. They were crushed.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 08-19-18, 09:04 PM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 2,869
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Fort Recovery was not the inferior team that year much less vastly inferior. FR manhandled the Buccs in the trenches all night long then went on to lose an exciting game in the Regional Finals to Minster.

Covington did not implode. They were crushed.
Matter of semantics I suppose, but when you crush something it by definition implodes.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 08-20-18, 07:52 AM
BucksFan937 BucksFan937 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-10-16
Location: Southwestern Ohio
Posts: 47
BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Fort Recovery was not the inferior team that year much less vastly inferior. FR manhandled the Buccs in the trenches all night long then went on to lose an exciting game in the Regional Finals to Minster.

Covington did not implode. They were crushed.
We all know how strong that the MAC is in football, I don't think we need to turn the thread into that again.

Moving forward... what all games do we have in league for week 1? I know of the below games, and it would be nice to see some CCC teams get wins week 1...

Brookville @ Tri County North
TVS @ Dixie
Minster @ Fort Loramie
St Henry @ Covington
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 08-20-18, 10:52 AM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,471
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Any update on Bradford's #'s
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 08-20-18, 10:58 AM
Ansoniafan Ansoniafan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-08-15
Posts: 76
Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Any update on Bradford's #'s
Heard 13 as of last Friday... That is coming from our boys. Hearing our AD switched our senior night to week 6 against MV to make sure we have a game.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 08-20-18, 10:59 AM
Ansoniafan Ansoniafan is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-08-15
Posts: 76
Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
We all know how strong that the MAC is in football, I don't think we need to turn the thread into that again.

Moving forward... what all games do we have in league for week 1? I know of the below games, and it would be nice to see some CCC teams get wins week 1...

Brookville @ Tri County North
TVS @ Dixie
Minster @ Fort Loramie
St Henry @ Covington
Ansonia @ Riverside
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 08-20-18, 01:42 PM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 2,869
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Bethel vs Northridge
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 08-20-18, 02:02 PM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 2,869
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Just took a few minutes and looked over every contenders schedule for CCC Title.

Ft Loramie and Covington have the toughest route to the title as they play two very quality opponents out of conference then face each other in game 3.

Ft. Loramie gets no rest as they come right back to face Miami East In week 4. Oddly enough we will pretty well know by week four wether or not Ft Loramie is in the driver's seat or if another team can still legitamately contest for the title.

Bethel once again is not scheduling very quality opponents, and should have five for sure wins (1,2,8,9,10) and five games that will define their season all in a row beginning week 3.

I still believe Ft Loramie will win, however, when you play your potentially 4 toughest games in a row, a key injury to one or two players in game 1 can really wreck the season. I like Miami Easts schedule as they have a easy game week 3 before facing Loramie wk 4, then Covington a couple weeks latter.

It's almost time to unwrap it.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 08-20-18, 02:49 PM
BlessEmAll's Avatar
BlessEmAll BlessEmAll is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-27-05
Location: wherever i may roam...
Posts: 5,989
BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Miami East @ Milton-Union. East should win easily. My guess is 42-0 Vikings. Arcanum beat Milton Friday night. That's not good for the Dogs. They should whip up on the smaller Trojans every year.
East will have it's way all night.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 08-20-18, 03:30 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 1,471
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansoniafan View Post
Heard 13 as of last Friday... That is coming from our boys. Hearing our AD switched our senior night to week 6 against MV to make sure we have a game.
If they decide to play football with 13 kids, the entire school board needs cleared out and the superintendent and A.D need fired. I remember when Coach Enis wanted to play JV and wasn't it the school board that told him no? It took a league vote not to play them just for them to play JV back in 2014 and if they do it again, they'll never be back. I hope Triad has another opponent lined up.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 08-20-18, 03:52 PM
Indiandad Indiandad is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-28-16
Posts: 2,680
Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
If they decide to play football with 13 kids, the entire school board needs cleared out and the superintendent and A.D need fired. I remember when Coach Enis wanted to play JV and wasn't it the school board that told him no? It took a league vote not to play them just for them to play JV back in 2014 and if they do it again, they'll never be back. I hope Triad has another opponent lined up.
If the kids want to play then let them.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 08-20-18, 04:07 PM
joe51391 joe51391 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 82
joe51391 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Just took a few minutes and looked over every contenders schedule for CCC Title.

Ft Loramie and Covington have the toughest route to the title as they play two very quality opponents out of conference then face each other in game 3.

Ft. Loramie gets no rest as they come right back to face Miami East In week 4. Oddly enough we will pretty well know by week four wether or not Ft Loramie is in the driver's seat or if another team can still legitamately contest for the title.

Bethel once again is not scheduling very quality opponents, and should have five for sure wins (1,2,8,9,10) and five games that will define their season all in a row beginning week 3.

I still believe Ft Loramie will win, however, when you play your potentially 4 toughest games in a row, a key injury to one or two players in game 1 can really wreck the season. I like Miami Easts schedule as they have a easy game week 3 before facing Loramie wk 4, then Covington a couple weeks latter.

It's almost time to unwrap it.
You think Bethel has a for sure win against TCN. You might want to re-think that. I will say Northridge even gives them a run for their money.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 08-20-18, 09:04 PM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 2,869
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
You think Bethel has a for sure win against TCN. You might want to re-think that. I will say Northridge even gives them a run for their money.
Good catch. I got my Tri' s mixed up. Should have been week 3 Tri Village not week 8 Tri County.

I would favor Tri County at this point.

I have no idea on Northridge other than recent history, same could be said for Dayton Christian.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Portage Trail Conference - County 2018 Yappi Baseball 0 02-06-18 01:58 PM
Prep Hoops Ohio (Rankings) Krasula24 Boys Basketball 3 02-01-18 08:54 AM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
2017 CCC (Cross County Conference) joe51391 Football 283 10-28-17 05:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz