Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins the conference?
Bethel 1 3.45%
Covington 3 10.34%
Fort Loramie 14 48.28%
Miami East 7 24.14%
Other 4 13.79%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-18, 03:42 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Lehman seems small for the MAC in my opinion. And joining the MAC just might keep them out of the playoffs to be honest. Based on recent results Lehman might lose 5 games a year if they were in the MAC? No doubt, the MAC is where it is at for small school football but I don't think its a fit for Lehman. IF they wanted to change leagues, I think the CCC would be a better fit for them than the MAC. They would be at the forefront in football each season and likely make the playoffs each season. Kind of like they do now.

Thinking it through, for Lehman, they are probably in the best league for them right now. Similar competition to CCC in football and other sports and being in Sidney, travel up to Lima area is probably better than travel out to the CCC schools towards Indiana.

But that aside, I personally see them closer to other CCC schools than MAC schools.
I cant take Lehman as a serious contender to join the MAC until they cut boys soccer bottom line. Size wise though, I think them and DSJ have fairly similar enrollments. The CCC is still better than the NWCC IMO.
Old 07-24-18, 04:11 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
I cant take Lehman as a serious contender to join the MAC until they cut boys soccer bottom line. Size wise though, I think them and DSJ have fairly similar enrollments. The CCC is still better than the NWCC IMO.
I really don't think Lehman has a shot to ever getting into the MAC...if they did, it would have happened years ago..
Old 07-24-18, 04:25 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
I really don't think Lehman has a shot to ever getting into the MAC...if they did, it would have happened years ago..
I agree. It would've happened back when Versailles joined.
Old 07-24-18, 04:41 PM
All American

Does anyone actually know how many players Mississinawa Valley and Bradford have out for football?
Old 07-24-18, 08:04 PM
Varsity

Ansoniafan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
What does the conference offer in terms of playoff level competition? Correct me if I am wrong (I'm still new to the CCC teams) but the conference went 0-3 in the first round of the playoffs this year. The year prior to that the conference only got two teams into the playoffs and went 1-2 (before Covington got annihilated by a MAC school). There is also the fact that Sidney Lehman had their sights set on the MAC back in the early 2000's when Anna joined. Everybody knows there is no better small school conference in the state besides the MAC. Settling for a conference that plays less competitive ball wouldn't make sense. Couple those two reasons with the thinking that Fort Loramie would also jump at the chance to join the MAC and you have a conference that doesn't offer stability (Is Bradford or Mississinawa even fielding a team?) or competition (1-5 in the playoffs the last two years).
Ansonia got in at 6-4 as number 8 seed and had to play a more experienced Crestview as the #1 team with a 20% larger enrollment. Yeah we got beat pretty bad but Crestview played Minster the next game and barely lost by 3 with score of 35-32 Minster went on to win 3 more games and a state title beating those 3 (including a skunk of DSJ) with a score of 92-14. So in my opinion the Crestview team wasn't a slouch. Hope the Tigers can win a couple more this year and be middle of pack when playoffs roll around
Old 07-24-18, 08:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansoniafan View Post
Ansonia got in at 6-4 as number 8 seed and had to play a more experienced Crestview as the #1 team with a 20% larger enrollment. Yeah we got beat pretty bad but Crestview played Minster the next game and barely lost by 3 with score of 35-32 Minster went on to win 3 more games and a state title beating those 3 (including a skunk of DSJ) with a score of 92-14. So in my opinion the Crestview team wasn't a slouch. Hope the Tigers can win a couple more this year and be middle of pack when playoffs roll around
Its not just your opinion, they are the real deal. They very well could win D7 this year
Old 07-24-18, 08:49 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
best team we played in the playoffs last year...QB is a STUD
Old 07-25-18, 06:07 AM
All District

stripedwarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
best team we played in the playoffs last year...QB is a STUD
Without a doubt. They should be the favorites to win D7 this year, in my opinion. This could be a down year for the MAC in D7. Minster lost a lot, NB is just hoping to win a few mores games to get close to 5-5 and maybe make the playoffs, and I'm not really sure what DSJ has, but they aren't what they used to be.

I believe everyone else is either D6, or D5.
Old 07-25-18, 07:23 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedwarrior View Post
Without a doubt. They should be the favorites to win D7 this year, in my opinion. This could be a down year for the MAC in D7. Minster lost a lot, NB is just hoping to win a few mores games to get close to 5-5 and maybe make the playoffs, and I'm not really sure what DSJ has, but they aren't what they used to be.

I believe everyone else is either D6, or D5.
Crestview better find some defense if they want to win state. Gave up 49 pts. to Spencerville last year and 26 pts. to Parkway. In fact every team they played last year scored at least 13 pts. against them, and on avg. gave up 26 pts. per game.
Old 07-25-18, 07:38 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Crestview better find some defense if they want to win state. Gave up 49 pts. to Spencerville last year and 26 pts. to Parkway. In fact every team they played last year scored at least 13 pts. against them, and on avg. gave up 26 pts. per game.
Yeah we scored 22 I believe. First series straight down field and scored. Had I think 5 turnovers starting with the next series.

What I didn't care for were the cheap shots later in the game when they were up big.
Old 07-25-18, 04:27 PM
Freshman

Atowntigers is on a distinguished road
Mississinawa has 21 players, so if they stay somewhat healthy, they could get all ten games in. A lot of second half running clocks should help.

As for the Troy Christian and Lehman debate, I personally donít think the CCC members wants to allow in private schools in their all public school conference. That what I have heard!!

And Crestview will be a tough out this year. Very, very fast team!!
Old 07-25-18, 04:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowntigers View Post
Mississinawa has 21 players, so if they stay somewhat healthy, they could get all ten games in. A lot of second half running clocks should help.

As for the Troy Christian and Lehman debate, I personally donít think the CCC members wants to allow in private schools in their all public school conference. That what I have heard!!

And Crestview will be a tough out this year. Very, very fast team!!
Good to know. What are the #'s for the tigers and what do they return?
Old 07-25-18, 07:08 PM
Freshman

Atowntigers is on a distinguished road
Ansonia will probably be somewhere in the low 30ís for players. They return quite a bit but they donít have a lot of depth especially on the line. If they stay somewhat healthy I would say 6-4, maybe 7-3. Should be in contention for playoffs. But a couple injuries and might be more like 4-6 or 5-5. Time will tell!!
Old 07-25-18, 07:20 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That is what I have heard too. Seems pretty silly to me though. But the anti-private school crowd is pretty silly IMO anyway.
Old 07-25-18, 07:39 PM
All American

Quote:
That is what I have heard too. Seems pretty silly to me though. But the anti-private school crowd is pretty silly IMO anyway.
Especially when its towards teams like Troy Christian and Lehman who don't recruit and do things by the book. TC I think would really benefit from the CCC instead of being an independent in football. Especially with travel.
Old 07-25-18, 07:56 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Ansonia will probably be somewhere in the low 30’s for players. They return quite a bit but they don’t have a lot of depth especially on the line. If they stay somewhat healthy I would say 6-4, maybe 7-3. Should be in contention for playoffs. But a couple injuries and might be more like 4-6 or 5-5. Time will tell!!
I agree 100% we need to stay healthy. I also predicted 7-3 maybe even 8-2 if we can get lucky . We return 11 seniors including MLB and OL Previous CCC 1st teamer Andrew Rowland. Michael Hall who set the kicking record in his first season ever playing football also received 1st team last year. OL & DL or defensive end this year previously received 1st team CCC Ross Shook. RB and OLB or DB Devyn Sink. He can fly and runs kids over. Matt Shook who QB'd his sophomore year but was injured and missed entire Jr. Year. Competing for QB position if not will probably be a slot or RB. Last but not least WR & OLB Hunter Muir who was 1st team CCC, 1st team District 9, and 3rd team All Ohio last season. Underclassmen who return - our starting QB Hunter Buckingham Special mention CCC last year and RB's Reese Walters and Brock Shellhaus
Old 07-25-18, 07:59 PM
All American

Quote:
I agree 100% we need to stay healthy. We return 11 seniors including MLB and OL Previous CCC 1st teamer Andrew Rowland. Michael Hall who set the kicking record in his first season ever playing football also received 1st team last year. OL & DL or defensive end this year previously received 1st team CCC Ross Shook. RB and OLB or DB Devyn Sink. He can fly and runs kids over. Matt Shook who QB'd his sophomore year but was injured and missed entire Jr. Year. Competing for QB position if not will probably be a slot or RB. Last but not least WR & OLB Hunter Muir who was 1st team CCC, 1st team District 9, and 3rd team All Ohio. Also return our starting QB Hunter Buckingham and RB's Reese Walters and Brock Shellhaus
Best of luck to you guys!
Old 07-27-18, 05:46 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Miami West idea was not serious. Newton and Covington are too proud communities to give up their traditions. Bradford being invited into Covington is more like it.
Seriously, the CCC needs to invite Troy Christian and Lehman into the conference and make Miss Valley and Bradford give up their programs. Obviously the kids there don't like football.
Miami East will finish 10-0 this year. They are a good team. Bethel and FL will give them a fight. Covington is in a slump, but will be back.
Old 07-27-18, 05:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
True, true, true. Size wise, Lehman is right in line with MAC schools. But why would the MAC expand? I could see a Delphos Jefferson or Crestview joining... Maybe.
The CCC would be good for Lehman.
Maybe Coldwater and Marion Local split their rosters into team A and B and those two are the MAC expansion teams? ����
Old 07-27-18, 11:22 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
True, true, true. Size wise, Lehman is right in line with MAC schools. But why would the MAC expand? I could see a Delphos Jefferson or Crestview joining... Maybe.
The CCC would be good for Lehman.
Maybe Coldwater and Marion Local split their rosters into team A and B and those two are the MAC expansion teams? ����
The MAC isn't going to expand unless something drastic happens. I don't think DJ or Crestview would garner much interest. Would Lehman fit in the CCC? Probably. Would Lehman have much interest in any other league that's not the MAC? Probably not. But I'm not from sidney so I can't really comment on that
Old 07-27-18, 11:51 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Pretty sure Lehman is smaller than TC. Maybe about minsters size but Lehman has soccer too which takes their football numbers down. The MAC football playing schools don't have soccer that I am aware of. Maybe Anna does?

Lehman makes more sense in the CCC than the MAC. All things considered. They might not view it that way though.
Old 07-27-18, 02:37 PM
All Region

Baseballfan20 is on a distinguished road
I know football is the driving force for the CCC because the gate money is most of the income for the Athletic Dept., but it is already at 13 teams (14 FL). I would think that much bigger you would have to split the conference into 2 sides like the SWBL unless more join for football only which im not fan of in the first place.
Old 07-27-18, 03:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Pretty sure Lehman is smaller than TC. Maybe about minsters size but Lehman has soccer too which takes their football numbers down. The MAC football playing schools don't have soccer that I am aware of. Maybe Anna does?

Lehman makes more sense in the CCC than the MAC. All things considered. They might not view it that way though.
Anna does not have boys soccer. No football playing school in the MAC has boys soccer aside from the rumors that Parkway is starting a club team.

Lehman could benefit from CCC competition. Its definitely better than playing Waynesfield-Goshen, Ridgemont, Hardin Northern, USV, etc. Troy Christian would have a lot less travel time. Like someone said already, the league has a lot of football playing schools already. These 2 teams could be good replacement teams if Mississinawa and Bradford are booted.
Old 07-27-18, 05:28 PM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
I know other parts of the country do sport co ops, even just for sports like football, baseball and track. But I think the miami west schools are to spread out to make it work. Bottom line, mv and bradford are costing the league.
Old 07-28-18, 09:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Lehman has 101 boys and TC has 138. D7 vs. D6. TC is a great fit into the CCC in my opinion.
Wrestling, basketball and maybe Football would be strengths for them. Wrestling would be #1 every year.
I think the CCC needs to rid themselves of Bradford and Miss Valley. Nether one is a growing and positive addition to the league. Imagine the CCC with Lehman and TC added. FL, Covington, Miami East and Bethel are all going to be competitive. TCN here and there in Football.

MV and Bradford need to move to another small school conference like what Lehman is currently in.

The MAC NOT having football helps those schools field large teams. That helps them a ton, but the culture there and the work-ethic of those kids is amazing.
Old 07-28-18, 03:31 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Seriously, the CCC needs to invite Troy Christian and Lehman into the conference and make Miss Valley and Bradford give up their programs. Obviously the kids there don't like football..
Bradford's boys enrollment no. is 72 for this season according to OHSAA. That is probably one of the smaller enrollment no's statewide for a H.S. football team. I don't think kids in Bradford like football any less than most schools in the state, mostly it is just a numbers game which they are on the short end of.
Old 07-28-18, 04:04 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
https://pressprosmagazine.com/billing-title-town/
Old 07-28-18, 05:00 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Bradford's boys enrollment no. is 72 for this season according to OHSAA. That is probably one of the smaller enrollment no's statewide for a H.S. football team. I don't think kids in Bradford like football any less than most schools in the state, mostly it is just a numbers game which they are on the short end of.
I understand trying to keep a positive spin on the Railroaders and their program, kids are involved here. The kids may like football as much as the programs surrounding them but there is a different feel to the community support. If you combined Mississinawa and Bradford you would have just as many boys as any D7 program, but would still look like Parkway. Parkway has as many boys as most other MAC programs but clearly as the lone protestant based community does not get the same support for their football program.

Mississinawa and Bradford are both plagued with low expectations and a general lack of urgency to change the outcome of their football programs. They have that right, and are both great communities to raise a family.
Old 07-28-18, 05:58 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
MV being booted would leave them no geographical options for a new conference. They would likely have to join a nearby Indiana conference and deal with all the quirks that would come from it.
Old 07-28-18, 07:18 PM
All District

IndianaBanana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
MV being booted would leave them no geographical options for a new conference. They would likely have to join a nearby Indiana conference and deal with all the quirks that would come from it.
You'd be right. They're jammed right in the corner between CCC and MAC territory.

But (hypothetically) looking westward, there might be some surprisingly better options for the blackhawks.
In terms of geographic relativity, the Tri-Eastern Conference would be perfect. The TEC hugs the State Line past Richmond. Not only sporting nearby schools such as Winchester, and Northeastern, but being the home conference to cross-town-rival Union City.
The other option would be more of a similar competition and size equivalent. The Mid-Eastern Conference intertwines with the TEC, but has more congruencies with MV even down to their communities. Close schools would be Randolph Southern, Union and Monroe Central.

Yes there would be a lot of quirks to go with being part of an IHSAA conference, but it's fun to speculate.