Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who will win the Eastern Buckeye Conference?
Alliance 5 11.36%
Canton South 1 2.27%
Carrollton 1 2.27%
Marlington 29 65.91%
Minerva 2 4.55%
Salem 1 2.27%
West Branch 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-18, 04:23 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Poland/marlington should be another good battle. I would pick marlington to win the league this year with so much returning, WB seems a little better then last season, and Salem should be a little down
Old 08-13-18, 04:50 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
Wildcat, who is this running back? This is news to me..

Alliance returns 4 starters on Offense and 5 on Defense. I have not heard much, Iíve been out of town down in Florida... anxious to see my Aviators Thursday against North Canton
I don't know I was told he was from , Massillon and hearing it second hand.
Old 08-14-18, 09:46 PM
All District

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
West branch scrimmaged Struthers and Girard Saturday An I would have to say I left there very optimistic. The Defense only gave up one TD to two very good teams. The offense looked polished an the shophmore Qb looked poised and threw extreamly well .
This Friday night the Warriors host Liberty at 7:00!
Old 08-15-18, 02:45 PM
All District

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINFAN View Post
Minerva scrimmaged a very good and experienced Manchester team and it showed, had a hard time stopping them early in the scrimmage and had a hard time moving the ball. They got better as game went on. As of now the Lions are starting 5 or 6 sophomores on both sides of the ball and will need to get used to the speed of varsity football. They didnít seem intimidated and did play a physical game but have a lot of work to do. The young kids do have size, speed and strength and should improve as the season goes on. Donít know how this season will go but there are some good looking young football players. They have a very small roster so staying healthy is a ket.
MINFAN, a lot of work to do is an understatement! There is hope for the future but I think this year will be another grind. They need to get a win in week 1 or 2 and get some confidence and maybe steal a win or 2 in the EBC. I don't know what to think about 2018. I can see getting 3 to 5 wins but I can also see 0-10. Only time will tell. I can say is that the line looks bigger and a lot more fit then recent years and the backs look a lot more athletic-- but they are young.. So we will see what happens on Aug 24..
Old 08-15-18, 02:46 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
West branch scrimmaged Struthers and Girard Saturday An I would have to say I left there very optimistic. The Defense only gave up one TD to two very good teams. The offense looked polished an the shophmore Qb looked poised and threw extreamly well .
This Friday night the Warriors host Liberty at 7:00!
Hopefully the Warriors can to better than 3-7.. That sophomore class has always been good..
Old 08-15-18, 02:49 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Poland/marlington should be another good battle. I would pick marlington to win the league this year with so much returning, WB seems a little better then last season, and Salem should be a little down
I think Marlington is going to have a really nice 2 year run in the EBC. They had a lot of young kids last year and played pretty good football. It would be nice to see an EBC team get a win against a quality opponent like Poland to get the new EBC started.
Old 08-15-18, 02:51 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
I don't know I was told he was from , Massillon and hearing it second hand.
A kid from Massillon as good as Duce Johnson moving to Alliance? I find that hard to believe. It doesn't make sense to move out of a school like Massillon and down a division if he is that good. But I am sure Alliance will have athletes again.
Old 08-15-18, 02:59 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
Tom.
I plan on going to that game. Should be a good night at the gates for revenue .
I think you'll come out with a win this year as well . Sure the boys are looking for a little payback from last year.
Minerva folks are a little quiet as of late ?
Warrior, Minerva has a small roster and a very young team. The young kids are pretty good though. They have some size and speed. The big question how fast can they grow up and can they stay healthy? I have heard some fans say they can get 4 ort 5 wins and others say 0-10 with a continuous clock once they get into EBC play. I didn't see the Manchester scrimmage but I heard it was a very one-sided scrimmage but the kids did play hard. And Manchester is loaded. I really hope for the kids, the coaches and the league that the Lions turn it around and play competitive football this year.
Old 08-16-18, 07:21 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
United
Sandy Valley
Indian Valley

Minerva should go at least 2-1 vs this non league start of season and they play RiverView sometime as the nonleague replacement for playing Louisville, Riverview went 0-10 last year so that game is anyone's to win. There are 3 very possible wins for the Lions. get it done fellas!!

Partridge land in Alliance???? that can be the only RB from tigertown I can think would be shopping.

IF Marlington does win the league - I am hoping for Louisville to make the playoffs and the two square off then, just doesn't make sense for them to not play in regular season when they border and are same size. Until the D3 football schools in the EBC realize their blunder with this league move I consider them all cowards of competition.
Old 08-16-18, 08:04 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
United
Sandy Valley
Indian Valley

Minerva should go at least 2-1 vs this non league start of season and they play RiverView sometime as the nonleague replacement for playing Louisville, Riverview went 0-10 last year so that game is anyone's to win. There are 3 very possible wins for the Lions. get it done fellas!!

Partridge land in Alliance???? that can be the only RB from tigertown I can think would be shopping.

IF Marlington does win the league - I am hoping for Louisville to make the playoffs and the two square off then, just doesn't make sense for them to not play in regular season when they border and are same size. Until the D3 football schools in the EBC realize their blunder with this league move I consider them all cowards of competition.
Geez oh Pete, ok Louisville is no longer in the league. I didn't like the move but it happened so it's time to move on. Every time this comes up it seems Marlington and Alliance get the Lion share of the blame. I believe every school voted on it. I have a good friend from Louisville and I've been telling him for years Louisville needed to get out of the NBC especially for football and play better competition so maybe they can make a run regularly in the playoffs. You take away 2 possibly 3 teams and they get nothing out of it, competition, computer points and lots off running clocks. There butt hurt right now but this will pass. I think in the long run this will be a positive move for the Leopards. I truly hope after the hurt and anger pass that Louisville will pick Marlington back in the schedule. Good luck to the Leps this year. As far as Marlington and Louisville meeting in the playoffs this year it's doubtful. Louisville schedule might be a little to much. Down deep I'd love to see them make a run, especially week 10 .
Old 08-16-18, 08:33 AM
All American

no one butt hurt here

and this won't go away until D3 schools that border each other quit letting smaller schools dictate movements in the league. Or simply it goes away when the remaining D3 schools quit dodging competition - that is what this is all really about with their league switch.

I have no dog in the fight - All I know is Alliance Marlington West Branch and Louisville all border each other and are all D3 in football - you can bet that there are many EBC peeps that hope Lville doesn't win 5 because with their sched that is enough to make the post season.

The logic of D3 Lville needs to play better competition may be true, but what are you saying now about the D3 schools left in the league? that they aren't on that level of competition? So in your own statement you are basically calling the D3 schools left in the league poor competition in the D3 scheme of things.

Explain the advantage to me for the remaining D3 schools competition wise and travel wise as to agreeing with this move?

Again as I said I expect one of the D3 programs to win the league - year in year out - and I think that would put that program in the post season. And all I am saying is I hope Lville gets in and the winner of the NEW EBC 7 team league gets to square off against the school they turned their back on - any of the NEW EBC could have filled their open date with their former league rival - but they all chose not too! so don't sell me on well they picked up this team or that team. Not buying it, the EBC sold out their football integrity as schools and programs. Alliance v Marlington will decide the league title more years than not now. Will be interesting to see how long it takes before the smalls want to move away from the bigs all together...or just exile Marlington when they start winning most titles most years.
Old 08-16-18, 10:33 AM
All District

It looks like the courts ruled the Competitive Balance rules as illegal, which is good news for West Branch. WB has 252 boys but 29 competitive balance giving them an 281 towards the divisional breakdown. So if the ruling stands they will be back to D4 next year, don't think they will change this year since divisions have been set. D3 enrollment is 278 to 388, D4 is 211 to 277. Carrollton actually has more boys than WB at 261 but only 11 CB so they are at 272. The range of actual enrollment for EBC D4 school is 234 to 261 with Minerva being the smallest and Carrollton being the biggest (including WB at 252). that's pretty good balance. Alliance has 333, Marlington 321 and Loiusville 337. What does all of this mean?? In my opinion Louisville should still be in the NBC but since they are gone Alliance and Marlington should join them soon. Just my opinion.
Old 08-16-18, 10:52 AM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
I agree Louisville should still be in the league. The last two yrs they didn't win the NBC in football. That being said Marlington and Alliance shouldn't be thrown under the bus for Louisville being voted out. I wont say any names but some other schools threatened to leave the league if Louisville wasn't voted out, leaving Alliance and Marlington in the same boat Louisville is in now. I'm sure down the road those teams will play. At least hoping

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-18, 12:31 PM
All American

NBC I agree

however don't let the numbers game fool you - the cutoffs will change and other schools will drop due to their CB number - I would expect things to stay close to the same with a couple schools on the borders of the cutoff lines to trade places but not exclusively across the board - I read and converse on several league threads in NEO and I can't tell you how many schools claim they are going to dip a division....NEO is shrinking overall and then numbers about participation are down and people think its the end of football, I don't I think it is just an indication of how the population is aging and much of the new move ins here aren't about AMERICAN football. Not bad, not good, just what it is.

and Stark, why didn't Alliance and Marlington stand up to the threats. Salem and Minerva were the ones threatening - Carrollton old coach and South old coach were on board with it and pushing behind closed doors. Alliance Lville and Marlington would have had a league to play in

the IVC isn't going to take Minerva or Carrollton any time soon, so they would all have followed suit and not broke up the league. NBC should have been slow to go with Northwest.
Old 08-16-18, 12:42 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
NBC I agree

however don't let the numbers game fool you - the cutoffs will change and other schools will drop due to their CB number - I would expect things to stay close to the same with a couple schools on the borders of the cutoff lines to trade places but not exclusively across the board - I read and converse on several league threads in NEO and I can't tell you how many schools claim they are going to dip a division....NEO is shrinking overall and then numbers about participation are down and people think its the end of football, I don't I think it is just an indication of how the population is aging and much of the new move ins here aren't about AMERICAN football. Not bad, not good, just what it is.

and Stark, why didn't Alliance and Marlington stand up to the threats. Salem and Minerva were the ones threatening - Carrollton old coach and South old coach were on board with it and pushing behind closed doors. Alliance Lville and Marlington would have had a league to play in

the IVC isn't going to take Minerva or Carrollton any time soon, so they would all have followed suit and not broke up the league. NBC should have been slow to go with Northwest.
What league would Louisville, Marlington and Alliance play in? Who else would join them?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-18, 12:49 PM
All American

my man - the other schools like south and carrollton would not have left

where would they have gone

WB salem could have shopped the crumbling AAC but even if that was the case they would have gone before now. the smaller schools in columbiana and mahoning dont't want Salem or WB and Salem didn't want to play the canfields and hubbards.

When is the last time Salem had a legit non league sched with no D6 or D5s on it? right

They had nowhere to go. I feel Lville Alliance and Marlington could have easily got South CCC Philly Dover and probably Carrollton. the PAC is not ever going to take South - especially now that NW is there. They won't get the votes.
Old 08-16-18, 12:54 PM
All American

Furthermore one would have thought the annual game with LVille would have prepped the D4 schools that aspire to make the playoffs.....because they will see Steubenville within the first three weeks of playoffs. And maybe once they could hang with the tougher comp in league they would possibly not get bounced so fast out of playoffs.

But for now it is all about winning the league in the EBC and a quick exit from the post season.

Here is the difference in mentality: Lville scrimmaging Hoban...State Champ last three years, Minerva scrimmaging D7 East Canton.
Old 08-16-18, 01:09 PM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
So I'll be the first Louisville poster to cross the butthurt line. First of all, we moved on, it's 2018, and the result is we are independent. I was actually impressed this thread was moving along nicely, great dialogue, and quite frankly free of Louisville talking points...until the recent court ruling regarding competitive balance came out. Now we want to lick old wounds, and discuss, what's been argued, debated, and fingers pointed in every direction. I'll be the first Louisville guy to say, and probably speak for most of the Louisville posters on Yappi...DROP the discussion. Louisville has moved on and we'll worry about us and our future. Good luck to all EBC teams.
Old 08-16-18, 01:19 PM
All American

XYZ - my initial statement today is rooting for Lville to make post season, and I am hoping that they get to play the league champ of this nice new league - there is no doubt that a game like this in the post season would carry interest from many in the county that aren't regular fans of either team fanbase, furthermore I added the advantage of playing a solid program for the D4s in the league as they will most certainly see the BIG RED who we all know will be a tough out.

Not sure that is worrying about anybody's future.

Still waiting for my question to be answered. What does the move say for the D3's remaining in the league. Just a little whats good for the goose is good for the gander talk.

but on a poster to poster level - dude we will discuss what we want, join in or ignore.

Here's to hoping the new champ gets to meet the old champ in the post season - would be a must see game!!!
Old 08-16-18, 01:23 PM
All Ohio

Don't miss my main point, the fact is, we don't give a rats (insert donkey behind) about what they think should or shouldn't have happened. The fact is, it did, and we moved on. No reason to beat a dead horse. If you desire to continue to discuss your endeavor wasting your time, then by all means, carry on being an idiot.
Old 08-16-18, 01:32 PM
All American

Name calling should be beneath you

You miss the point of the discussion. I really don't care either this happened. My questions were about the remaining D3s being favs to win moving forward and the level of preparedness for the D4s aspiring to make post season.

My hope is Lville makes post season and plays the new league champ as I think it will be Marlington.

whichever part offends or irks you wasn't intended to do so. IF you want to be a tough guy or try to cast negativity...well you can pm me and we can go watch an lville game together LOLOLOL
Old 08-16-18, 02:24 PM
All Ohio

The pot calling the kettle black...are you trying to find answers to your questions or the tough keyboard warrior in you trying to promote a boxing match? I get your points. My point is the EBC thread was moving along nicely, without any mention of Louisville, until you showed up.
Old 08-16-18, 02:47 PM
All American

Well genius you figure it out

I am asking posters from their respective schools how they explain their goal with exceptions. Look this seems to be going over your head. I wasn't the one calling names or insulting - you are. I wasn't trying to be tough, I said we could watch a game together heck man where does the boxing match come in. I don't need an audience and fight at a game, if I really wanted beef with you I'd just ask to meet you at the old K of C field and bounce your head off the gravel. That's not why I am here, nor is calling names like a little snot nosed kid - which you are doing.

I can voice what I want when I want about what I want as long as I follow the forum rules. I did not break any rules. The initial comment about louisville was merely about I hope they get to play the NEW EBC CHAMP in the post season.

Now which schools from the EBC have made the post season lately and who bounced them from the playoffs? well I will provide an answer - steuby has bounce D4s lately - Hoban bounced Lville couple years ago - good to see them scrimmage Hoban - mad I can't get up there to see it. I can see a different mentality right there in scheduling for prepping for competition - try to stay with this all XYZ

ok well my point is and question is how does that motivation to step away coincide with prepping a team for a post season run? and for the D3s how does this same motivation get them ready for a level of play they will see in the playoffs. Yeah its not all concrete of an answer. This question has many ways and levels it can go - one way it can go is to coaching - which seems to be a pretty hot button issue in the ole ville of Louis.

Either way the EBC made a bold move, and regardless of whether the peeps in Nimishillen have moved on or not, the league of EBC has to weather the ire of football fans such as myself whether you like it, approve of it, or not. And if what I am saying is really bringing you out of your seat that much, well I suggest you go outside and run around you house a couple times and get rid of that pent up energy.

Either way I don't care how you feel about what I bring up, I am asking what the posters of respective schools feel the direction their program should go and how they do one thing and justify it while prepping a team to rise to being a playoff squad.

Yeah its a real question that isn't like the normal drivel that is spewed.
Old 08-16-18, 07:44 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
Hopefully the Warriors can to better than 3-7.. That sophomore class has always been good..
Thanks NBC.
A lot of folks have been waiting to see that class hit the field of Friday nights.
Good luck to your Lions.
Old 08-16-18, 08:18 PM
Varsity

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Marlington rolled tonight in their preview scrimmage against Akron Springfield 35-0 in just over a half of play...defense was dominating and offense scored on every possession...won’t be anything like this next Thursday night though when Poland comes to town...cant wait to see this game
Old 08-16-18, 08:32 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
Minerva lost to East Canton 22-14 in 1 half of play- They have some work to do defensively but looked ok on offense- moved the ball pretty well. Interesting news about the competitive balance maybe going away, great news for wb and Perry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-18, 10:01 PM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINFAN View Post
Minerva lost to East Canton 22-14 in 1 half of play- They have some work to do defensively but looked ok on offense- moved the ball pretty well. Interesting news about the competitive balance maybe going away, great news for wb and Perry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Possibly bad news for Canton Central Catholic as they could drop from D5 Region 17, a very weak region over the last 5 years or so to D6 Region 21, a much more difficult region.
Old 08-17-18, 12:33 AM
All American

Warrior, how did WB fare against liberty?
Old 08-17-18, 04:18 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Warrior, how did WB fare against liberty?
Scrimmage is Friday night 7:00 @ WB.
Old 08-17-18, 04:32 AM
All American

Ahhh okay, pm me and let me know how it goes