Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who will win the Eastern Buckeye Conference?
Alliance 5 11.36%
Canton South 1 2.27%
Carrollton 1 2.27%
Marlington 29 65.91%
Minerva 2 4.55%
Salem 1 2.27%
West Branch 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-18, 02:32 PM
All District

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick0425 View Post
I canít think of any other reason for this post other than ďto diss or cause controversyĒ so call it what it is. If itís not your purpose, then why say anything at all? Iíd recommend you take your garbage somewhere else or find something better to do with your time.
I am guessing the Minerva would much rather play East Palestine than Indian Valley. Indian Valley would score 60+ on the Bulldogs.
Old 06-20-18, 02:35 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkflavor View Post
I'll give it a shot

1- Marlington

2-West Branch

3-Alliance

4-Canton South

5-Salem

6-Carrollton

7-Minerva

You could flip West Branch/Alliance
I also think Minerva gets a win

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Minerva should be better but has a lot of work to do. They will probably be extremely young - lots of sophomores on both sides of the ball with no superstars in the upper classes- it could be another "take your lumps" year with a lot of young kids but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 06-21-18, 06:48 AM
All American

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
I am guessing the Minerva would much rather play East Palestine than Indian Valley. Indian Valley would score 60+ on the Bulldogs.
Just like Perry, right?
Old 06-21-18, 11:03 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Just like Perry, right?
Just like Perry?? What are you talking about? I hope EP has a nice year but the level of competition is an apples to oranges comparison. It's like EBC teams saying they can compete in the Federal league.. Go to a different thread and brag bulldog
Old 06-21-18, 11:57 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just like Perry?? What are you talking about? I hope EP has a nice year but the level of competition is an apples to oranges comparison. It's like EBC teams saying they can compete in the Federal league.. Go to a different thread and brag bulldog
Bulldog is referring to EP's week 2 game with DIV R13 champion Perry last year in which Perry won 65-12. EP isn't the 1st team to go out and schedule a game that was way over its head, and EP won't be the last to do it either. As far as Bulldog's superiority complex, I have no clue where it originates. Has EP ever won anything?
Old 06-21-18, 01:34 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
They won a baseball game a couple of years ago.
Old 06-21-18, 03:18 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
Bulldog is referring to EP's week 2 game with DIV R13 champion Perry last year in which Perry won 65-12. EP isn't the 1st team to go out and schedule a game that was way over its head, and EP won't be the last to do it either. As far as Bulldog's superiority complex, I have no clue where it originates. Has EP ever won anything?
You can thank that game to a past AD who was over his head. As far as winning anything, having private schools in the divisions and schools that heavily recruit under OE, who can compete? CB is a joke.
Old 06-21-18, 04:15 PM
All Ohio

peebles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Salem beat IV in a closely contested playoff game 21-6. EP and Salem have always played close, competitive games. I believe EP could hold their own most years against IV.
Old 06-21-18, 04:36 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebles View Post
Salem beat IV in a closely contested playoff game 21-6. EP and Salem have always played close, competitive games. I believe EP could hold their own most years against IV.
Thank you! Salem and EP should have been playing every year. Looking forward to this year's game. Salem lost a bunch, EP returns a bunch. This is an ancient rivalry that needs to be continued.
Old 06-24-18, 06:07 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebles View Post

Salem did not beat Indian Valley in the play offs in 2017. I donít know about most years but in 2018 east palenstine would not bear Indian Valley/ they will be one of best D4 teams in the state/ they return just about everyone from a 10-0 team and I believe they ended 12-1?? Or 11-1..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-18, 12:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINFAN View Post
Salem did not beat Indian Valley in the play offs in 2017. I don’t know about most years but in 2018 east palenstine would not bear Indian Valley/ they will be one of best D4 teams in the state/ they return just about everyone from a 10-0 team and I believe they ended 12-1?? Or 11-1..

He was referring to 2015. Besides EP already played one of the best D4 teams in Perry. So your point is essentially moot. Move along, nothing to see here.
Old 06-25-18, 10:38 PM
All District

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He was referring to 2015. Besides EP already played one of the best D4 teams in Perry. So your point is essentially moot. Move along, nothing to see here.
Bulldog.
How's Parker looking this year ? I heard he was at the YSU Qb skill camp and lost the accuracy compitions to Beaver Local an WB's incoming shophmores perhaps he was nursing a injury ? Last years highlights were impressive .
Old 06-26-18, 08:16 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
Bulldog.
How's Parker looking this year ? I heard he was at the YSU Qb skill camp and lost the accuracy compitions to Beaver Local an WB's incoming shophmores perhaps he was nursing a injury ? Last years highlights were impressive .
Who knows. Then again, it holds as much stock as 7 on 7's.
Old 06-26-18, 09:22 AM
All District

Quote:
I really hope East Palestine does well, they did play a great team and lose to Perry 65-12. Perry made a deep run the in play offs too. But to hang your hat on getting beat 65-12 is a stretch Bulldog.. I see where MINFAN is coming from. Indian Valley was impressive last year and I think they had ZERO seniors in skilled positions. Perry is always great. So both teams played quality opponents and both got hammered. It looks the Bulldogs are building a good program and Minerva is looking to get back to where they were. it was 4 years ago when Minerva lost 6 games, 4 to playoff teams, including a lose to State Champion Canton Central Catholic.. been on a slide ever since and looking to get back to being a playoff team and league contender (step 1 is to end that losing streak!) . the same year EP went 4-6 (although 1 win was a forfeit to South Range) and they have had winning years ever since. Good luck to the Lions in getting back to competing and good luck to EP in taking the next step and making a play off run.
Old 06-26-18, 11:20 AM
All Ohio

Maverick0425 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The EBC is no slouch. There is a difference between playing tight games against Salem early in the year and playing a full EBC schedule. Iím sure Salem and Minerva would gladly trade league schedules with East Palestine.
Old 06-26-18, 11:30 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Minerva has United in week 1 so I guess we can find out. Last year the Eagles beat the lions by 1 score. it's good to have that game on again, it's gong to be a nice rivalry.
Minerva was inside the United 10 yard line when the game clock ran out. United finished 2nd in the ITCL. That tells me enough about the level of competition comparisons.

I’m an old timer and remember traveling to Poland and East Palestine back in the old TCL days. Good games in which Minerva won more than they lost. I recall Minerva outgrowing the TCL and being booted for winning too many titles (ala Louisville in the NBC). To come on and trash Minerva during its worst stretch in school history is way out of line.

I have come around to playing United and Sandy Valley. Close schools, good gates and the makings of some nice rivalries.
Old 06-26-18, 11:45 AM
All American

[QUOTE=NBC 1988;7061606]I really hope East Palestine does well, they did play a great team and lose to Perry 65-12. Perry made a deep run the in play offs too. But to hang your hat on getting beat 65-12 is a stretch Bulldog.. /QUOTE]

No hat hanging here, you just want to think that.
Old 06-26-18, 12:51 PM
All District

[QUOTE=bulldog1974;7061679]
Quote:
I really hope East Palestine does well, they did play a great team and lose to Perry 65-12. Perry made a deep run the in play offs too. But to hang your hat on getting beat 65-12 is a stretch Bulldog.. /QUOTE]

No hat hanging here, you just want to think that.

Bulldog- Go to a different thread! Nobody in the new EBC cares about East Palestine - donít love them, donít hate them - hope they have fun and do well- but really donít care on this thread..

Old 06-26-18, 12:59 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
The NBC is gone, the EBC begins! Let's start with football this fall. Who's your pick? Who's the players to watch, any dark horse?

Alliance-

Salem-

Carrollton-

Marlington-

West Branch-like

Canton South-

Minerva-

Can the Lions turn things around?

Who wins the league?

( We all know Louisville is gone, some people are glad some are dissapointed, please let's not turn this into a Louisville post. Let's talk about the upcoming season).

I think Marlington is the team to beat. But after that- who knows- it could end like this:

Marlington
West Branch
Alliance
Salem
Carrollton
South
Minerva

Old 06-26-18, 01:14 PM
All District

Quote:
Minerva was inside the United 10 yard line when the game clock ran out. United finished 2nd in the ITCL. That tells me enough about the level of competition comparisons.

Iím an old timer and remember traveling to Poland and East Palestine back in the old TCL days. Good games in which Minerva won more than they lost. I recall Minerva outgrowing the TCL and being booted for winning too many titles (ala Louisville in the NBC). To come on and trash Minerva during its worst stretch in school history is way out of line.

I have come around to playing United and Sandy Valley. Close schools, good gates and the makings of some nice rivalries.

I agree Maverick- there is a glimmer of hope in Minerva. A very young team and lots of speed and size in the sophomore class. But until we see it on Friday nights, the worst stretch I School history still exists. I am cautiously optimistic but winning with sophomores is a tall task. I am hoping for 3 and wishing for 5.. itís hard to believe that that 2018 is a rebuilding year after 3 0-10 seasons on a row, but I think we can look at this team and say thereís a foundation. Its crucial to get some wins this year..

Old 06-29-18, 09:56 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
I agree Maverick- there is a glimmer of hope in Minerva. A very young team and lots of speed and size in the sophomore class. But until we see it on Friday nights, the worst stretch I School history still exists. I am cautiously optimistic but winning with sophomores is a tall task. I am hoping for 3 and wishing for 5.. itís hard to believe that that 2018 is a rebuilding year after 3 0-10 seasons on a row, but I think we can look at this team and say thereís a foundation. Its crucial to get some wins this year..

For sure Minfan. I know thereís a lot of negativity around town but it is not helping anything. Losing is contagious. This younger group is hungry and the streak will end this year. I see a few wins this year. I donít know where they will come but itís nice to have the first 2 games at home. Maybe we can build on that close fought game against Carrollton as a springboard into this season.
Old 06-29-18, 03:11 PM
Varsity

Down Low is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=MINFAN;7061709]
Quote:

Bulldog- Go to a different thread! Nobody in the new EBC cares about East Palestine - don’t love them, don’t hate them - hope they have fun and do well- but really don’t care on this thread..

Dog is right, som NBC/EBC annot competed with the top ITCL Eaoc teams. Crestview played Allance west Branch many times and won, ep beat Salem, salem beat those. Palistine beat Crestview.

Old 06-29-18, 06:56 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Low View Post

Dog is right, som NBC/EBC annot competed with the top ITCL Eaoc teams. Crestview played Allance west Branch many times and won, ep beat Salem, salem beat those. Palistine beat Crestview.

The EBC has a league opening. Perhaps Bulldog could contact his AD and principal about filling that 8th spot. Crestview as well.

Crestview:
2013 beat a 1-9 WB team
2014 lost to WB
2015 beat a 2-8 Alliance team
2016 lost to 5-5 Alliance
2017 beat 3-7 WB

East Palestine:
2010: Blown out by 3-7 Canton South
2016 beat 5-5 Salem by 2 pts
2017 lost to Salem

So a few wins here and there against bad to mediocre EBC teams now means the EBC can’t compete with the top ITCL teams. Gotcha. When or where has an ITCL team beaten an above average to good EBC team?

Last edited by Maverick0425; 06-29-18 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 06-30-18, 09:58 AM
All District

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The EBC has a league opening. Perhaps Bulldog could contact his AD and principal about filling that 8th spot. Crestview as well.

Crestview:
2013 beat a 1-9 WB team
2014 lost to WB
2015 beat a 2-8 Alliance team
2016 lost to 5-5 Alliance
2017 beat 3-7 WB

East Palestine:
2010: Blown out by 3-7 Canton South
2016 beat 5-5 Salem by 2 pts
2017 lost to Salem

So a few wins here and there against bad to mediocre EBC teams now means the EBC canít compete with the top ITCL teams. Gotcha. When or where has an ITCL team beaten an above average to good EBC team?

maverick
Simple answer .Never .

Crestview and South Range both declined to join the NBC/EBC league pretty obvious why they did . SR committed then backed out .
There is simply no comparison to the level of competition and physicality . I have had boys play in both leagues and will attest to that . The ITCL will produce a few tough hard nosed kids that is true ,but if they had to play the tough weekly competition of the NBC/EBC many would sir come to injuries . I have seen this firsthand play havoc even on West Branch over the last number of years .
Old 06-30-18, 11:20 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The EBC is no slouch.

"don't sell yourself short judge - you are tremendous slouch"

#nbctapout

Division 3/4 league should not thump chest to a Division 6/7 league or even about adding D5 teams when you have 0 in the league now.

Projections of "well we will be D5 in the next couple realignments" doesn't fly with me. Here is what you are. When the D3 teams compete passed week 2 of playoffs or D4 teams compete passed week 2 of playoffs within a decade then we will talk about the "no slouch".

Several of the schools in the EBC feel they are returning a solid group, will be interesting to see....
can Alliance continue to build on success of new coach first year?
can Marlington returning group run the table
will West Branch large returning group push to top of conference
can Salem returning group continue their appearances to playoffs and push passed week 1
can Carrollton put quarters together and close out games they can win
will Canton South also establish consistency of stringing wins together to push the league
will the young nucleus of Minerva close the gap to the league and bring back the winning ways of a storied program?

lots of returners makes for good games, non league will definitely hint to how schools will do, don't mistake a 3-0 nonleague record tho, some teams are playing better comp than others.
Old 06-30-18, 10:40 PM
All Region

Lion 86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I’m an old timer and remember traveling to Poland and East Palestine back in the old TCL days. Good games in which Minerva won more than they lost. I recall Minerva outgrowing the TCL and being booted for winning too many titles (ala Louisville in the NBC). To come on and trash Minerva during its worst stretch in school history is way out of line.

Let’s see Mav Minerva has went over 100 years and only had a 0-10 season in 1982 prior to the last 3 years considering also we were the smallest team most of the 20 years of the NBC. We have a lot to be proud of. We did have an 0-9 in the 40’s and one in the 50’s if you want to be specific on no wins, still an impressive run for a program history. (Records seem sporadic early and I was told 1909 for program existence.) Over that length of time any program could experience a bad stretch like we’ve had the past three.

Last edited by Lion 86; 07-01-18 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-30-18, 10:54 PM
All Region

Lion 86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

How do the numbers look this year? That is obviously an issue for Minerva the last few years.
Old 07-01-18, 01:30 PM
All American

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
maverick
Simple answer .Never .

I remember when EP beat WB in the 80's. Matter of fact, the coach at EP was a former teacher at WB in that game. EP and Salem played a 14-14 tie around that time span. I believe at that time it was called the Big 8 Conference.
For you Minerva fans, EP got the boot from the TCL not long after Louisville and Minerva did. Reason was: too big. EP was just under the AAA line at that time. Poland left a few years before.
Old 07-01-18, 03:09 PM
All District

Quote:
I remember when EP beat WB in the 80's. Matter of fact, the coach at EP was a former teacher at WB in that game. EP and Salem played a 14-14 tie around that time span. I believe at that time it was called the Big 8 Conference.
For you Minerva fans, EP got the boot from the TCL not long after Louisville and Minerva did. Reason was: too big. EP was just under the AAA line at that time. Poland left a few years before.

How would EP do in the other sports? Boys and girls basketball, wrestling, baseball, softball, track, golf, cross country, etc??? Perhaps they would be a good fit for the new EBC??

Old 07-01-18, 03:13 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion 86 View Post
How do the numbers look this year? That is obviously an issue for Minerva the last few years.

Better. The sophomore class has over 20 and freshmen class will play a freshmen schedule.. still low numbers in junior class and not a lot of seniors. So I heard numbers are better but very young.