Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who will win the Eastern Buckeye Conference?
Alliance 5 11.36%
Canton South 1 2.27%
Carrollton 1 2.27%
Marlington 29 65.91%
Minerva 2 4.55%
Salem 1 2.27%
West Branch 5 11.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-18, 12:43 AM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
10-0 perhaps a posability , my most concerning game is West Homes. Are they beatable yes , but it’s the hour plus bus ride down there . That’s enough to put a team in a Trance lol. Marlington will be a great game but they have limitations and the Warriors are hungry to prove there ability.
I'm curious to what Marlingtons limitations are? What are there weaknesses? Warrior I know your extremely proud of your team and that's fine as you should be. But let's be real for a second. West Branch has played a pretty soft schedule so far. You've played and correct me if I'm wrong every team you've played is smaller division schools. I've seen you post how well the sophomore QB has done, his completion numbers are impressive but from what I've seen on limited highlights most the completions are bubble screens and short outs. Again I've only seen limited videos. The next few weeks will help sort out how good both West Branch and Marlington are. Bottom line it comes down to week 9 and 10. Yes I'm biased but last year the Dukes won the Branch game fairly convincely. Marlington returns mostly there entire team. That being said I truly hope WB is 8-0 and Marlington is 7-1 come week 9. That will be awesome, a definite playoff spot for the Victor. Want to wish WB the best of luck this week. I think Alliance is better than we all think. There non league schedule to date has been pretty darn good. Neither of our teams can afford to overlook the Aviators.
Old 09-13-18, 07:12 AM
All District

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
I'm curious to what Marlingtons limitations are? What are there weaknesses? Warrior I know your extremely proud of your team and that's fine as you should be. But let's be real for a second. West Branch has played a pretty soft schedule so far. You've played and correct me if I'm wrong every team you've played is smaller division schools. I've seen you post how well the sophomore QB has done, his completion numbers are impressive but from what I've seen on limited highlights most the completions are bubble screens and short outs. Again I've only seen limited videos. The next few weeks will help sort out how good both West Branch and Marlington are. Bottom line it comes down to week 9 and 10. Yes I'm biased but last year the Dukes won the Branch game fairly convincely. Marlington returns mostly there entire team. That being said I truly hope WB is 8-0 and Marlington is 7-1 come week 9. That will be awesome, a definite playoff spot for the Victor. Want to wish WB the best of luck this week. I think Alliance is better than we all think. There non league schedule to date has been pretty darn good. Neither of our teams can afford to overlook the Aviators.
If I were WB I would worry about Alliance 1st. I really think it will come down to WB - Marlington - Salem for the league title, however, WB really hasn't proven anything yet. They looked impressive last week and I do believe they are on the right path but to start talking 10-0 after 3 weeks? To say your sophomore QB is better than Deshields after 3 games? That's unfair for both boys.. WB should beat Alliance and that will probably be their toughest game until week 7 at West Holmes (who may be the toughest team on their schedule). You end the season with West Holmes, Marlington and Salem. those could easily be 3 losses.. If they can we just 2 of those they can be a playoff team. My advise would be to worry about Alliance this week, Minerva next week, etc.. A lot of things can happen between now and week 9 when they play the Dukes and Week 10 against Salem. Good luck the rest of the season for both teams.
Old 09-13-18, 07:13 AM
All District

Quote:

I am curious about their limitations too?? They seem to be a very balanced time with a little bit of everything..
Old 09-13-18, 07:18 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriorviking View Post
If thats true you could be right 88. I have not seen either team play im just judging by results so far this season and carrollton looks like they have a decent defense.
Personally rooting for Carrollton!!!! I would really like to be wrong on this one.. You have the hardest 4 game stretch in the EBS - Salem, Marlington, West Branch and Canton Central Catholic! That certainly is a grind..
Old 09-13-18, 08:00 AM
All District

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
I am curious about their limitations too?? They seem to be a very balanced time with a little bit of everything..
I was hoping for a 8-2 season after last year injury ridden 3-7 Season.
Someone else posted the 10-0 so no harm in aiming high. Lol . I knew that "limitation " comment would come back and bite me . I think most would agree the league title would be desided between the Dukes and Wb. That been said a coworkers son plays on the Dukes team so we been observing practice ,scrimmages an watching games the last 2 years.
Marlington has a good team I have said this many times. They do return a lot . To be real though last years team pulled off a few last min wins that could of very well been losses. While the Poland score looks close it wasnt. Poland recievers dropped a lot of Td passes and were up 2 scores with 2 min left and playing their bench when we left the game . I tend to observe not only the player on the feild but sidelines . I see the Dukes are lacking depth with their lineman And most appear to play both sides of the ball. There body language tells the tale. How will they fare in a 4 quarter battle . I think their Qb was better last year . He threw 55% last week against a poor secondary .He seems to try to force the ball in coverage hence his multiple turn overs this year.
With reguards to the young Wb Qb he has a nice deep ball . We seen it in the scrimmages against Girard , Struthers ,ect Try to Review the BL highlights . Wb has done only what it has had to do to win ,most all of it in the first 2-1/2 quarters. Their averaging over 400 yards total in offense an 49 points. I honestly believe that Wb’s Last 2 games hosted better competition than Dukes did . To receive D2 points for beating that Canadian team is ridiculous. I spoke to some of their players at the carnation mall they came for a vacation an could of cared less about playing football .

Last edited by warrior333; 09-13-18 at 08:09 AM. Reason: edit
Old 09-13-18, 08:08 AM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I was hoping for a 8-2 season after last year injury ridden 3-7 Season.
Someone else posted the 10-0 so no harm in aiming high. Lol . I knew that "limitation " comment would come back and bite me . I think most would agree the league title would be desided between the Dukes and Wb. That been said a coworkers son plays on the Dukes team so we been observing practice ,scrimmages an watching games the last 2 years.
Marlington has a good team I have said this many times. They do return a lot . To be real though last years team pulled off a few last min wins that could of very well been losses. While the Poland score looks close it wasnt. Poland recievers dropped a lot of Td passes and were up 2 scores with 2 min left and playing their bench when we left the game . I tend to observe not only the player on the feild but sidelines . I see the Dukes are lacking depth with their lineman And most appear to play both sides of the ball. There body language tells the tale. How will they fare in a 4 quarter battle . I think their Qb was better last year . He threw 55% last week against a poor secondary .He seems to try to force the ball in coverage hence his multiple turn overs this year.
With reguards to the young Wb Qb he has a nice deep ball . We seen it in the scrimmages against Girard , Struthers ,ect Try to Review the BL highlights . Wb has done only what it has had to do to win ,most all of it in the first 2-1/2 quarters. Their averaging over 400 yards total in offense an 49 points. I honestly believe that Wbís Last 2 games hosted better competition than Dukes did . To receive D2 points for beating that Canadian is ridiculous. I spoke to some of their players at the carnation mall they came for a vacation an could of cared less about playing football .
Poland never played their bench and Show me what td passes were dropped. Marlington went to hurry up offense and Poland couldnt stop it the last 4 drives. Deceiving score? Marlington was kicking a field goal to tie. You also say you played better teams the last 2 games??? Wow...southeast and beaver local would've lost to kent roosevelt

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-18, 08:38 AM
All Region

Marlingtons QB isn't playing as well as last year?? First of all his numbers are off due to playing only a half the last two games. If you look at Friday Night Football he is second in Stark County in passing in several categories are behind the QB from I believe Hoover. Just a reminder that he was first team all NBC last year and first team all Stark County as the Punter. He's averaging 45.3 yards per punt so far this season. If he's not playing up to his potential the EBC better hope he doesn't. But I am a little biased I suppose. Like I said earlier and others have said also you will have your hands full with Alliance. Like I said there schedule has been brutal.
Old 09-13-18, 09:18 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkflavor View Post
Poland never played their bench and Show me what td passes were dropped. Marlington went to hurry up offense and Poland couldnt stop it the last 4 drives. Deceiving score? Marlington was kicking a field goal to tie. You also say you played better teams the last 2 games??? Wow...southeast and beaver local would've lost to kent roosevelt

We were sitting on 30 yards line opposite the score board . 3rd quarter . One example : Poland ran play action on 3 down their receiver was wide open on a seam route and dropped the ball on the 15 with no defenders in site . My eyes are old but I can still see. Like I said we made our way to the car with 2 min left and Poland was running in subs And I believe Dukes were down 10 pts . After that I didnít see how it played out .
If you feel Kent is better than Bl and southeast then it must be so .
Look I was asked what Limitations I saw so I did my best to answer honestly . Sorry if you donít agree simply my opinion and it really doesnít mean anything .lol
I will suggest to take a few minutes and look at your linemanís depth chart and their sideline body language youíll see it .
I wish the best for all our EBC teams .
Old 09-13-18, 09:31 AM
All District

Quote:
Marlingtons QB isn't playing as well as last year?? First of all his numbers are off due to playing only a half the last two games. If you look at Friday Night Football he is second in Stark County in passing in several categories are behind the QB from I believe Hoover. Just a reminder that he was first team all NBC last year and first team all Stark County as the Punter. He's averaging 45.3 yards per punt so far this season. If he's not playing up to his potential the EBC better hope he doesn't. But I am a little biased I suppose. Like I said earlier and others have said also you will have your hands full with Alliance. Like I said there schedule has been brutal.
Again not trying to be controversial ,CJ is a very good Qb and a very likable young man , I just feel he looked better last year to date . Possibly his receiving core was better ?
I will review the site your talking about , Generally pulling my info from the Review and the EBC twitter site .
Old 09-13-18, 10:51 AM
All District

Quote:
Again not trying to be controversial ,CJ is a very good Qb and a very likable young man , I just feel he looked better last year to date . Possibly his receiving core was better ?
I will review the site your talking about , Generally pulling my info from the Review and the EBC twitter site .
Recieving core is fine. Reciever also leads the area in catches and yards

Old 09-13-18, 11:00 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Louisville poster, casual observer, seen the game between Marlington vs. Poland. If you review my comments on that thread, you'd know my feelings on Marlington. Marlington in my opinion boasts the strongest skilled players in the EBC. They have depth at WR, matter of fact, their offense was stagnant until they ran their four wide offense with a few minutes to go, and Poland had no answer for #2 or # 11. If Dukes get outside their first priority, running the ball, and have to go to the hurry up offense, they'll score points. They have three receivers on that team that can stretch the field, I'm certain there isn't a EBC secondary they'll face that will shut them down.

Warrior333 you always liked to talk your team up on the NBC thread, which I can respect, but be careful of what you imply about Marlington, can create some extra motivation and really good bulletin board material against your team come week #9.
Old 09-13-18, 11:15 AM
Varsity

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not trying to be controversial...lol thatís funny...you are straight being controversial...thru 3 games last season Marlington QB was
18-42 348 yards 5TDs 6INt
Thru 3 games this year
46-72 572 yards 6Tds 4 int
If your coming on here to bad mouth Marlington and their players get your facts straight bud...cause I think this thread is full of smart enough people to realize you donít have a clue ...have a nice day👌
Old 09-13-18, 11:29 AM
All District

Quote:
We were sitting on 30 yards line opposite the score board . 3rd quarter . One example : Poland ran play action on 3 down their receiver was wide open on a seam route and dropped the ball on the 15 with no defenders in site . My eyes are old but I can still see. Like I said we made our way to the car with 2 min left and Poland was running in subs And I believe Dukes were down 10 pts . After that I didnít see how it played out .
If you feel Kent is better than Bl and southeast then it must be so .
Look I was asked what Limitations I saw so I did my best to answer honestly . Sorry if you donít agree simply my opinion and it really doesnít mean anything .lol
I will suggest to take a few minutes and look at your linemanís depth chart and their sideline body language youíll see it .
I wish the best for all our EBC teams .
Looks like we have ourselves a friendly rivalry brewing!! Schedules really don't matter too much. Both WB and Marlington showed up the last 3 weeks and played who was in front of them and both played well. Maybe the competition wasn't that great the last 2 weeks but that's so unpredictable on a yearly basis. I believe SE beat WB 2 years ago and BL beat them last year?? So they seem to be playing who there are supposed to. Marlington may need to beef up week 2 and 3 a little but Poland is a pretty good team start with? I am pretty sure the Sandy Valley (3-0) has one of the best passing attacks in the area and Indian Valley (3-0) is one of the better D4 teams in the state - that's who Minerva played the last 2 weeks and by no means does that give then an advantage over WB or Marlington. Just go play and see what happens!!
Old 09-13-18, 11:36 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms0655 View Post
Not trying to be controversial...lol thatís funny...you are straight being controversial...thru 3 games last season Marlington QB was
Thru 3 games this year
If your coming on here to bad mouth Marlington and their players get your facts straight bud...cause I think this thread is full of smart enough people to realize you donít have a clue ...have a nice day��
I have no ties to Marlington or WB here other than trying to follow the EBC closely, but I say Marlington's QB is a stud. He was last year and that has not changed other than he is better.
Old 09-13-18, 12:21 PM
All District

Quote:
Not trying to be controversial...lol that’s funny...you are straight being controversial...thru 3 games last season Marlington QB was
Thru 3 games this year
If your coming on here to bad mouth Marlington and their players get your facts straight bud...cause I think this thread is full of smart enough people to realize you don’t have a clue ...have a nice day��
I’m not on here Bashing any player . I SIMPLY stated I thought your QB was better to date last year . I don’t have clue , you pull the stats to prove me wrong yet does it ?
You have the stats now look at the level of competition you played last year compared to this year an you may understand what I was trying to relay .

Last edited by warrior333; 09-13-18 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-13-18, 12:49 PM
Varsity

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Iím not on here Bashing any player . I SIMPLY stated I thought your QB was better to date last year . I donít have clue , you pull the stats to prove me wrong yet does it ?
You have the stats now look at the level of competition you played last year compared to this year an you may understand what I was trying to relay .
Week 2 last year we played Ravenna...this year we played Kent Roosevelt( who turned around the next week and beat a 2-0 Ravenna team that beat New Philadelphia and Tallmadge...
Week 3 we played Aquinas and Iíd say they were about an even matchup with the Canadian team...
So again yes, you are wrong, again.i donít think anyone knows what your trying to relay.. I donít have anything to do today so keep up your comments I I will continue to correct you with the facts...again have a blessed day
Old 09-13-18, 12:50 PM
All District

Warrior that doesn't make sense. Last yr marlington lost to poland then put running clocks on ravenna and st. Thomas. Same as this yr but different teams

Old 09-13-18, 02:41 PM
All District

Quote:
Week 2 last year we played Ravenna...this year we played Kent Roosevelt( who turned around the next week and beat a 2-0 Ravenna team that beat New Philadelphia and Tallmadge...
Week 3 we played Aquinas and Iíd say they were about an even matchup with the Canadian team...
So again yes, you are wrong, again.i donít think anyone knows what your trying to relay.. I donít have anything to do today so keep up your comments I I will continue to correct you with the facts...again have a blessed day
This simple enough for you .
2018 30 more passing attempts in 3 games
2018 28 more completions very good
2018 1 more td
2018 4 to 6 pics
2018 average per throw = 12.43yds

2017 average per throw =19.3 yds which is better than this year . Hence my comment he was better last year to date .
Old 09-13-18, 03:13 PM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Poland left a ton of points on the field negated by their own mistakes, I think marlington has gotten better since that week
Old 09-13-18, 03:32 PM
All Region

Quote:
This simple enough for you .
2018 30 more passing attempts in 3 games
2018 28 more completions very good
2018 1 more td
2018 4 to 6 pics
2018 average per throw = 12.43yds

2017 average per throw =19.3 yds which is better than this year . Hence my comment he was better last year to date .
Wow you need to get a life. I think I've figured out who this is. Not sure why your trying to demean CJ. As far as I know he never did anything to disrespect you or your son if I'm right on whom this is. A lot of people think he's an ELITE athelete. But your entitled to your opinion as odd ad it is. My suggestion is you need to concentrate on Alliance. Before today I really didn't care who won the WB/Alliance game. Good luck this week, I hope CJ lives up to his potential this week against South Range. Judging a QB's number is kinda stupid. Actually he's only played 2 games considering he didn't play the second half the last to games. Go Dukes.
Old 09-13-18, 05:20 PM
All District

My life is just fine. What amazes me is how I make one comment that a player looked better last year than this year and outcomes the attacks . I heard way worse in your own stands last week. I didn’t come up with the damn statistics your fellow Marlington poster did . I just ran the numbers to try and explain why I was said what I said. CJ is a great kid . Look at my previous posts stated it several times.

Last edited by warrior333; 09-13-18 at 05:27 PM. Reason: ..
Old 09-13-18, 05:47 PM
All District

Back to football...who's everybody got this week?

Old 09-14-18, 02:36 AM
Freshman

Basebaldad is on a distinguished road
I'm glad to see everyone so amped up about this year in the EBC! Personally I'm glad that WB may be Relevant again LOL! Not to give to much away, but my son has played alot of Varsity football. I have observed most of these teams over these past years! I think that we may see some close games this year( even if Louisville was still in the league).
Old 09-14-18, 07:45 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkflavor View Post
Back to football...who's everybody got this week?

The start of league play is exciting. I still would really like to see the Marlington - Louisville match up this year but South Range will still be a good test.

I think the winners this week will be:
Marlington over SR
West Branch over Alliance
Salem over Carrollton
Minerva and South is a toss up

I think all of the games will be close
Old 09-14-18, 08:19 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basebaldad View Post
I'm glad to see everyone so amped up about this year in the EBC! Personally I'm glad that WB may be Relevant again LOL! Not to give to much away, but my son has played alot of Varsity football. I have observed most of these teams over these past years! I think that we may see some close games this year( even if Louisville was still in the league).

WB fans are great. They are so supportive of their teams and are always a good draw. The kids play the game the right way too. But their fans always have rose colored glasses. Last years under-achieving 3-7 team was due to injuries (no other team in the NBC had injuries!!). This year they are penciled in as 10-0 already after 3 wins against below average competition. If they beat Alliance this week you will start hearing the comparisons to the state championship team in 94 or 95 (whenever that was). I really do hope WB is relevant again too because since 2010 their record is 33-47 and only 5 winning season since 2005. To put that in perspective Minerva is 31-49 in the regular season and that's with no wins in the last 3 years. But I do really like their team this year and hope that can get back in the playoffs..

All you football nerds will like this handy link:

http://yappi.net/docuwiki/doku.php?id=football
Old 09-14-18, 10:26 AM
All Region

Marlington over South Range
I think Alliance gets people's attention this week over WB
Carrollton over Salem
The stunner, Minerva over South , at least for Minerva' s case I'm hoping.
Old 09-14-18, 02:37 PM
All American

Qcity is an unknown quantity at this point
Agreed, Minerva needs a win.............if for no other reason than to temporarily curtail the amount of megabits being used up on this and other sites.
Old 09-14-18, 03:21 PM
All Ohio

dukie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcity View Post
Agreed, Minerva needs a win.............if for no other reason than to temporarily curtail the amount of megabits being used up on this and other sites.
Good luck to all the teams tonight.
Old 09-14-18, 07:03 PM
All District

BasketballLover is on a distinguished road
21-0 Canton South. Mid 2nd quarter
Old 09-14-18, 08:51 PM
Varsity

Warriorviking is on a distinguished road
Wow, Alliance beating West Branch, Canton South not letting the Minerva losing streak end, Carrollton besting Salem in a scoring fest where the only points scored were defensive, and Marlington beating South Range.