Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > College Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-14-18, 11:07 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Two predictions: Burrow will start this year at tOSU, and Martell will never start a game for the bucks
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-18, 06:49 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Martell would not last a season trying to run the ball all the time. He might be effective in some packages.
Urban's Gator Percy Harvin 2.0, to be drafted in 2 years by SF to be Jimmy G's better Wes Welker and make Bill's head explode under the hoodie ?

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 04-15-18 at 07:29 AM..
Old 04-15-18, 07:01 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman View Post
Two predictions: Burrow will start this year at tOSU, and Martell will never start a game for the bucks
I've believed in the kid since watching him in HS. Burrow has real deal timing and accuracy if you keep him clean.

If Urban started JB and structured the offense to maximize him for a year before the NFL (a high selection if Urb let's the offense morph as it needs to do to more than win just the B1G), it would be typical of his loyalty to his recruits and usher tOSU fully into the 21st century.

Throw out Hermann/Cardale while Zeke was still here (kind of an accident/"perfect storm" if we are honest), and between the lines Urban is not maintaining top 3 HC status. That's the truth. Let Kevin Wilson work.
Old 04-15-18, 07:26 AM
All Yappi

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/04...te_spring.html

Say the younger RS soph Haskins gets the job. Burrow graduates and leaves with 2 years of eligibility left to start immediately elsewhere as a graduate transfer. There is a pretty big list of schools where he wins 10+ games, btw. Haskins gets a season-ending injury in week 7. Season over with Martell in charge.

How many major program coaches are on their knees praying right now that Urby lets Burrow get away ?
Old 04-15-18, 09:26 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Burrow is on schedule to grad. in May and if he has not been named the starter by then I would say thanks Ohio State but I have a dream of playing pro ball and that will not happen if I am sitting on the bench.

Another point whenever the undersized D. McCall gets to play he produces. In the spring game he caught 11 passes for 165 yds and two touchdowns and yet in the Dayton newspaper article he does not even get his name mentioned. What can and does he have to do to show he a play the game and should get a chance to start?
Old 04-15-18, 09:39 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post

Say the younger RS soph Haskins gets the job. Burrow graduates and leaves with 2 years of eligibility left to start immediately elsewhere as a graduate transfer. There is a pretty big list of schools where he wins 10+ games, btw. Haskins gets a season-ending injury in week 7. Season over with Martell in charge.

How many major program coaches are on their knees praying right now that Urby lets Burrow get away ?
It's a two way street, though. The same dilemma applies if Burrow starts. Haskins might just take his ball with him and transfer back home to Maryland and be a god after sitting out this season...which he would mostly do anyway if Burrow starts.
Old 04-15-18, 09:44 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
It's a two way street, though. The same dilemma applies if Burrow starts. Haskins might just take his ball with him and transfer back home to Maryland and be a god after sitting out this season...which he would mostly do anyway if Burrow starts.
He might be running for his life in the pocket playing for Maryland.

I was hoping 2015 would be the year Ohio State pulls off the Tebow/Leak combo, but this might be the year numerous packages to create major headaches for DCís.
Old 04-15-18, 09:50 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
He might be running for his life in the pocket playing for Maryland.

I was hoping 2015 would be the year Ohio State pulls off the Tebow/Leak combo, but this might be the year numerous packages to create major headaches for DCís.
My concern about his Haskins is that his ego, and his father's ego, might not see the big picture clearly if Burrow starts. I'm afraid the butthurt would overtake rational thought about starting in 2019, having a monster year and heading to the NFL.
Old 04-15-18, 10:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
If Burrow is only playing his RS junior year here, and Haskins transfers out to sit, I'd think him an absolute fool, Terps or anywhere. Haskins is not a graduate transfer if he leaves. Mo Clarett wasn't the first victim of poor advice, so I guess anything is possible, though.
Old 04-15-18, 10:16 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
My concern about his Haskins is that his ego, and his father's ego, might not see the big picture clearly if Burrow starts. I'm afraid the butthurt would overtake rational thought about starting in 2019, having a monster year and heading to the NFL.
A fear of AAU basketball type parental thinking probably shouldn't guide the decision-making process. If Haskins was clearly superior in all aspects of the game, I guess I could more easily be swayed, but that is not the case. Did Haskins not know Burrow was here when he enrolled ?
Old 04-15-18, 10:44 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

that boy in Khaki pants from the school up NORTH is....
Old 04-15-18, 01:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
That's a real possibility.

Showcase Burrow, let him enter the draft, showcase Haskins. I have to believe Haskins signed expecting just that.

Burrow put in the extra work and planned ahead to have just this kind of leverage. Much respect.
Old 04-15-18, 01:44 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
That is unlikely, OSU will likely block Burrow from transferring to another Big school unless he does it on his own dime.
Old 04-15-18, 01:51 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
He'd be a grad transfer. OSU couldn't block anything
Old 04-15-18, 02:03 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
There's no guarantee Burrow would win the UM job either. Would be a really weird place for him to transfer if his top priority was to start right away.
Old 04-15-18, 02:19 PM
All Yappi

If there is a big program he might do well at it could be a rebuilding one like Nebraska. The Huskers just lost a QB to transfer and have nothing but some freshman and sophomores. Frost may like to have Burrow for a couple years.
Old 04-15-18, 03:37 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've believed in the kid since watching him in HS. Burrow has real deal timing and accuracy if you keep him clean.

If Urban started JB and structured the offense to maximize him for a year before the NFL (a high selection if Urb let's the offense morph as it needs to do to more than win just the B1G), it would be typical of his loyalty to his recruits and usher tOSU fully into the 21st century.

Throw out Hermann/Cardale while Zeke was still here (kind of an accident/"perfect storm" if we are honest), and between the lines Urban is not maintaining top 3 HC status. That's the truth. Let Kevin Wilson work.
Cmon cabe, quit the Urban hate. His record speaks for itself. Him giving Burrow that last play in the scrimmage speaks volumes, baring injury it’s JBs job to lose IMO. As an aside, felt sorry for Mumphord trying to block Bosa and Young all day and was pleasantly surprised by Taylor at center.
Old 04-15-18, 09:04 PM
All Yappi

I don't hate Urban at all. I'm very pleased that he is the State of Ohio's highest paid employee.
Old 04-16-18, 07:11 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
Burrow is on schedule to grad. in May and if he has not been named the starter by then I would say thanks Ohio State but I have a dream of playing pro ball and that will not happen if I am sitting on the bench.

Another point whenever the undersized D. McCall gets to play he produces. In the spring game he caught 11 passes for 165 yds and two touchdowns and yet in the Dayton newspaper article he does not even get his name mentioned. What can and does he have to do to show he a play the game and should get a chance to start?
Unfortunately he sits behind Campbell and Hill at the Hback position. Brightside he should be the KR and PR this year. We all know how Urban has his favorites and Campbell is one of them. At the absolute best case scenario, he is a back up again this year to Campbell.
Old 04-16-18, 07:13 AM
All World

Quote:
This is the first time hearing of this potentially being an issue.
Old 04-16-18, 10:39 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
QB is such a tricky position when it comes to the NCAA game, so many moving parts and it is so tough to project how a HS QB will do in college. Add in that there is only 1 starting spot that is usually cast in stone as "QB1" and they almost always come in early so they can also graduate early which leads to incredible free agency through out the NCAA. I am usually very much for player movement in the NCAA but these QBs jumping ship when things don't go 100% their way does lead to serious personnel dilemmas for the top programs.
Old 04-16-18, 11:10 AM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Same. I don't really follow recruiting closely, so maybe I'm out of the loop. Does anyone have a source for these concerns about Haskins and his father?
Old 04-16-18, 11:18 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
He'd be a grad transfer. OSU couldn't block anything
My fault.

Some in the media believe Meyer should tell Burrow now if he is not going to be the starting QB instead of waiting this fall if Meyer thinks right now Haskins is the no.1 QB, I totally disagree Meyer gets paid 7.5 mill. to do what's best for OSU not what is best for any individual player.
Old 04-16-18, 11:31 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
My fault.

Some in the media believe Meyer should tell Burrow now if he is not going to be the starting QB instead of waiting this fall if Meyer thinks right now Haskins is the no.1 QB, I totally disagree Meyer gets paid 7.5 mill. to do what's best for OSU not what is best for any individual player.
That'll hurt come recruiting time.
Old 04-16-18, 11:53 AM
All World

Quote:
That'll hurt come recruiting time.

I doubt it, every player who is a competitor wants to play for the best. Didn't Saban bench a 2 year starter in the championship game ?
Old 04-16-18, 11:56 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Me too, have never heard of Haskins' father being an issue at all.
Old 04-16-18, 11:57 AM
All Yappi

Not sure how much it would hurt recruiting but it would be a dick move.
Old 04-16-18, 12:11 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
I doubt it, every player who is a competitor wants to play for the best. Didn't Saban bench a 2 year starter in the championship game ?
That has nothing to do with what you're suggesting.
Old 04-16-18, 12:22 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Not sure how much it would hurt recruiting but it would be a dick move.
Why? What happens if Haskins is the starter and gets hurt 1st game of the year ? I don't think OSU would want to play a red shirt frosh the rest of the season as the starter. Meyer gets paid 7.5 mill. to win championships not to help a back-up player who could be a vital part of your team to transfer. These same fans that say Meyer should tell Burrow whether he is the starter or not right now ( if Meyer knows ) will be upset with Meyer if OSU loses a shot at the national championship game because he had to play a red shirt QB before he was ready to be a starter.
Old 04-16-18, 12:31 PM
All World

Quote:
That has nothing to do with what you're suggesting.
Certainly does, some media people were suggesting Hurts should have transferred after last season, now Tua Tagovailoa is injured with a broken hand ( I believe ), Bama would he in not a very good situation right now if Hurts had. Even though I do not like Alabama, I admire the way Hurts handled his benching.