Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-01-18, 11:35 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Like you were quite sure there was no red carpet? LOL
As I am quite sure you werenít even at that game. Fake McKinley fan. How come your other screen names werenít Devout Bulldog followers.
Old 03-02-18, 12:53 AM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Please provide facts to back this statement up, mr fact.
Bump
Old 03-02-18, 07:36 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Actually itís a fact. All you have to do is sit in the stands at any fed sporting event against mckinley. Iíve heard it at the 9th grade boys tournament this year.
Back to the seventh and eight grade also,I've seen it all since the beginning.
Old 03-02-18, 10:29 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Exactly ! So why on earth do all the fed fans on this site deny it ?
Old 03-02-18, 11:11 AM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
No different than McK fans accusing the officials of being racially bias against them.
Old 03-02-18, 11:13 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Lord knows Iíve never heard a racially insensitive comment from Massillon fans at PBTS
Old 03-02-18, 01:03 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
Lord knows Iíve never heard a racially insensitive comment from Massillon fans at PBTS
First off when joining an argument or debate at least know why in the hell its even being debated before you join in to add....nothing as usual.
Old 03-02-18, 02:47 PM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So ALL the Fed fans are denying it? I'm a Fed fan and don't deny it could be happening? Why is it when a Massillon fan posts on a Fed or McKinley thread all is good but when a Fed fan posts on a Fed or McK thread they are trolls?
Old 03-02-18, 02:56 PM
All Region

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
yeah man. everybody knows suburban kids cant ball, no way they could beat Mckinley straight up.

has to be the lousy coach and lousy refs.

btw if the coach is bad he'd still be bad if Mckinley played an independent schedule right?

as for Hairston losing good players he got the job because Mckinley was losing good players to him at Timken. and you kind of contradict yourself saying the talent is there but he loses good players.
No, I never said they can't ball. The bad refs (not all are) just hurt enough to lose some of the close ones I've seen, like @ YOUR place for starters.

McKinley wasn't losing players to him, they were losing players to Timken because they didn't want to play for a coach they couldn't stand (Malone). I could have been coach at Timken and they would have come, anyway.

Last edited by JJBulldog; 03-02-18 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-02-18, 02:58 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
No different than McK fans accusing the officials of being racially bias against them.
One in every crew is, for sure.
Old 03-02-18, 03:03 PM
All Region

Quote:
This reminds me of the time you said in 1981 mck finished in the top 10 of the USA Today football poll. Except they didnít start the poll until 1982.
Just the facts...
McKinley finished #2 in the Nation behind a military academy from Georgia, 1981, in the most respected poll available that year. AP? can't remember.
Old 03-02-18, 04:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
McKinley finished #2 in the Nation behind a military academy from Georgia, 1981, in the most respected poll available that year. AP? can't remember.
I know JJ, this goes back to an old argument with Dave Dawg saying it was the USA Today poll, which was nonsense like the other day when he said mck fans outnumbered Massillon 2-1 at the game this year.
Old 03-02-18, 04:18 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
So ALL the Fed fans are denying it? I'm a Fed fan and don't deny it could be happening? Why is it when a Massillon fan posts on a Fed or McKinley thread all is good but when a Fed fan posts on a Fed or McK thread they are trolls?
The better question is why do you have Massillon in more then half of your posts ?
In my last 50 posts how many times have I talked about Green ?

Keep Massillon our your mouth....
Old 03-02-18, 06:13 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Because it's garbage? He very well may have heard something...and I guarantee he's heard things from schools outside the Fed...and I guarantee people in the McKinley fanbase have made inappropriate comments about other teams and communities.

Point being there are idiots everywhere. Painting Fed communities as being inherently racist is complete nonsense.
Old 03-02-18, 06:16 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Old 03-02-18, 06:32 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
You represent the sad state of the race card in this country. Kneel during the anthem your thinking about ďpolice brutalityĒ when in reality the movement was inspired by a cop killer who fled the country.

To conspire that white refs are out to get 15 years in a stupid game is laughable. In todayís USA if things arenít going your way, blame someone else.
Old 03-02-18, 07:11 PM
Bulldogs, Buckeyes & Browns!

DaveDawg is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DaveDawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
15,000 is what is listed on Massillontigers.com. I am quite sure there was not 10,000 Mckinley fans there.
If you go review the video evidence of multiple videos posted on you tube, Massillon did not have more than 5,000 people on their side , McKinley did not have more than 100,00 on their side, with a deep concourse under the south stands, there is so much standing room to watch the game and the vast area in the press box that held hundreds of McKinley administration, friends and family, fans were in that space not in plain sight. It's not proved or did I want to provoke Tiger fan intentionally, but the eye test says otherwise. It doesn't pass.
Remember, with no bench seating as each person has their own seat -the stadium attendance looks smaller to the eye for that very reason. Everyone is compact. Although there are so many empty seats on both sides it still a sad sight to see the fall of a great tradition before our very eyes.
That's 'my observation'.
I'm no expert, but kind of.

Last edited by DaveDawg; 03-02-18 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-02-18, 07:18 PM

Quote:
This reminds me of the time you said in 1981 mck finished in the top 10 of the USA Today football poll. Except they didn’t start the poll until 1982.
Just the facts...
The history says this, in December of 1981 USA Today began prototypes and on December 5, 1981 the company called Gannett published a national newspaper which would later become USA Today. Although the paper did formally launch April 20, 1982 it did indeed run a national high school football poll in the run of that national newspaper. Cincinnati Moeller was rank #1 all season, McKinley was ranked in the top 10 and after they defeated Moeller, ended up #2 in the national poll.
So it wasn't called USA Today in 1981, it was in fact from the same company and publisher that started USA Today in 1982.
Just The Facts
Old 03-02-18, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Ted View Post
Attendance is certainly way down at Tiger Stadium. Mid-season games in '96 against Mansfield and Walsh drew 12K and 13K. Twenty years later mid-season games in'16 against Bowsher and Fitch only drew 6K. I think there are a multitude of reasons why. I'd like to hear more from Dave about the sport and the OHSAA.

I think the expansion of the playoffs have hurt M&M and maybe only them. For generations you were judged by the results of a 10 game season. 7-3 was unacceptable and got coaches fired. The expectations and demand for excellence is what drove those traditions. Those high standards are no more. Now 7-3 gets you in the playoffs and people are satisfied. When you lower your standards you can never get them back and all things will decline.
That's where I agree with you.
Over saturation by OHSAA has taken away the value of winning games.
Old 03-02-18, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Are you out of your mind? This is just plain idiotic.
^^^ Not out of my mind. See above post. See the video evidence on YouTube.
Old 03-02-18, 07:46 PM

Add this to the attendance at Benson

From CantonRep.Com
North stands

The north stands at the stadium were the first to be built. They have 6,000 permanent theater-style seats and underground green rooms where performers can relax before events.

Those 6,000 permanent seats include when the seats are placed in the middle section. So far that's been only twice at both HOF games.
So those are eliminated and and if you look at all the empty seats on that side of the field for the McKinley-Massillon game, it speaks volumes that Massillon did not fill it to capacity. That's my bigger point.
The two to one ration is suspect, but being Tiger fan being outnumbered by Bulldog fan is something I have not ever seen before.
That's a sad fact.
Old 03-02-18, 08:54 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDawg View Post
Add this to the attendance at Benson

From CantonRep.Com
North stands

The north stands at the stadium were the first to be built. They have 6,000 permanent theater-style seats and underground green rooms where performers can relax before events.

Those 6,000 permanent seats include when the seats are placed in the middle section. So far that's been only twice at both HOF games.
So those are eliminated and and if you look at all the empty seats on that side of the field for the McKinley-Massillon game, it speaks volumes that Massillon did not fill it to capacity. That's my bigger point.
The two to one ration is suspect, but being Tiger fan being outnumbered by Bulldog fan is something I have not ever seen before.
That's a sad fact.
I agree Massillon had close to 5000 which is what I said earlier. But for McKinley to have had 10,000 there, They would have had to have 3 or 4K in the press box and standing by the concession stands. I was there and there werenít that many people standing behind the seats watching the game. Your connected Dave how many tickets did McKinley sell? But we both agree the attendance at this game is truly sad nowadays.
Old 03-02-18, 09:13 PM
All American

Quote:
The history says this, in December of 1981 USA Today began prototypes and on December 5, 1981 the company called Gannett published a national newspaper which would later become USA Today. Although the paper did formally launch April 20, 1982 it did indeed run a national high school football poll in the run of that national newspaper. Cincinnati Moeller was rank #1 all season, McKinley was ranked in the top 10 and after they defeated Moeller, ended up #2 in the national poll.
So it wasn't called USA Today in 1981, it was in fact from the same company and publisher that started USA Today in 1982.
Just The Facts
Wrong once again there was never a national newspaper published by Gannett in 1981 that ran a high school football poll.
You really need to stop making things up I proved you wrong on this 5 years ago and now your trying to spin it again.
Then with the Massillon-mck game attendance also.

Just the facts is turning into just the lies
Old 03-02-18, 09:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Because it's garbage? He very well may have heard something...and I guarantee he's heard things from schools outside the Fed...and I guarantee people in the McKinley fanbase have made inappropriate comments about other teams and communities.

Point being there are idiots everywhere. Painting Fed communities as being inherently racist is complete nonsense.
Itís actually not nonsense at all,
itís something any Massillon or mckinley fan older then 35 will tell you they grew up with.
Old 03-02-18, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
I agree Massillon had close to 5000 which is what I said earlier. But for McKinley to have had 10,000 there, They would have had to have 3 or 4K in the press box and standing by the concession stands. I was there and there werenít that many people standing behind the seats watching the game. Your connected Dave how many tickets did McKinley sell? But we both agree the attendance at this game is truly sad nowadays.
It was I who pursued to get the official attendance figures from the CCS facility manager and the official total I was told to use is 15,000.

I called the guys at MassillonTigers.com (we are friends) and that is what we have to go by.

To your statement of 3 or 4 thousand not in their seats, I go back to the each seat with a person in it makes gives the illusion of less people.

At the McKinley-Warren game to open the stadium I was blown away when I was told that there were well over 12,000 in the joint.
Then I started counting in one full section and did the math.
I was surprised by that the appearance is deceiving.

I wish only to see the game be restored to it's glory.
We need to be in the same division.
We need to be in the same league.
We need to rebuild our cities and breath new life into our schools and civic pride.
We need to get boosters again to really look out for and provide for the kids.
We need parents to be parents again.

I know it's not 1980 anymore (not that was a heyday, but we still held our place as the best game in the world to be a part of) and today has changed it all.
I will keep fighting to keep McKinley and Massillon relevant because we need each other. We need to make others aware of what we have and do our best to keep it going forward.
It's to easy to give up on that we cherish in today's world.

The OHSAA needs to be made aware that the watered down divisions are not helping the sport of high school football or the McKinley-Massillon game. Half of the interest of the game was to beat the opponent and keep them home or seek a rematch. Now that is gone. So is that perspective to the new generation coming up. That's where both cities are losing, with the young generation. Kids and parents to busy to look up off their cell phones to give a F&%k. The generation of kids now are brought up by social media and app stores. Not the McKinley-Massillon tradition we came to love.

My move to correct that would be to place the private schools into two divisions and the public schools into four. Set up the playoffs and then watch interest come back, hopefully. But that's another topic for another day.

SOAP BOX pulled out from under me.
Old 03-02-18, 09:31 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wrong once again there was never a national newspaper published by Gannett in 1981 that ran a high school football poll.
You really need to stop making things up I proved you wrong on this 5 years ago and now your trying to spin it again.

You've only been a member here for 2+ months. What's up with that?
Old 03-02-18, 09:53 PM
All World

Quote:
It was I who pursued to get the official attendance figures from the CCS facility manager and the official total I was told to use is 15,000.

I called the guys at MassillonTigers.com (we are friends) and that is what we have to go by.

To your statement of 3 or 4 thousand not in their seats, I go back to the each seat with a person in it makes gives the illusion of less people.

At the McKinley-Warren game to open the stadium I was blown away when I was told that there were well over 12,000 in the joint.
Then I started counting in one full section and did the math.
I was surprised by that the appearance is deceiving.

I wish only to see the game be restored to it's glory.
We need to be in the same division.
We need to be in the same league.
We need to rebuild our cities and breath new life into our schools and civic pride.
We need to get boosters again to really look out for and provide for the kids.
We need parents to be parents again.

I know it's not 1980 anymore (not that was a heyday, but we still held our place as the best game in the world to be a part of) and today has changed it all.
I will keep fighting to keep McKinley and Massillon relevant because we need each other. We need to make others aware of what we have and do our best to keep it going forward.
It's to easy to give up on that we cherish in today's world.

The OHSAA needs to be made aware that the watered down divisions are not helping the sport of high school football or the McKinley-Massillon game. Half of the interest of the game was to beat the opponent and keep them home or seek a rematch. Now that is gone. So is that perspective to the new generation coming up. That's where both cities are losing, with the young generation. Kids and parents to busy to look up off their cell phones to give a F&%k. The generation of kids now are brought up by social media and app stores. Not the McKinley-Massillon tradition we came to love.

My move to correct that would be to place the private schools into two divisions and the public schools into four. Set up the playoffs and then watch interest come back, hopefully. But that's another topic for another day.

SOAP BOX pulled out from under me.
I Agree I played in 3 Massillon vs McKinley games. There is nothing on earth I remember more than being on that field and seeing a full stadium of Orange/Black and Red/Black. Of course winning 2 of those 3 helped.
Old 03-02-18, 09:54 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Because heís chiefy jones, the internet is too important to him
Old 03-02-18, 10:32 PM

Quote:

You prove there wasn’t a national paper that was published by Gannett that was put out nationally on Dec. 3, 1981.
I can prove there was. In the final poll of that publication, McKinley was No 2.

Last edited by DaveDawg; 03-02-18 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-02-18, 10:42 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Never said 5 years ago on ďyappiĒ, mind your business.